Kingdom Rush Origins Steam Achievements Help

For the King!

Kingdom Rush Origins Steam Achievements Help

by BMoneyX1337 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm

So I have now put in 63 hours of gameplay into Origins since it released on Steam. I have completed all campaign levels with 3 stars, as well as completed all heroic and iron challenges. I have 75/75 stars, and all my heroes are level 10. Yet, there are still a few achievements I just cannot seem to get. If anyone has any general tips or advice, or better yet, a specific strategy for how to obtain the following achievements, it would be greatly appreciated! ;)

1. I meant the red wire - Have your soldiers avoid 50 blasting spell explosions.
2. Call me Mr. Pig - Make the Razor Boars trample and kill 20 enemies.
3. Rambo Style - Defeat 50 flying enemies with Arcane Burst arrows.
4. No Pain, No Gain - Deal over 100,000 damage with Sylvan Curses.
5. Wildfire harvest - Throw 1,000 burning nuts.

More info...

"1. I meant the red wire - Have your soldiers avoid 50 blasting spell explosions." The only thing I know about this achievement is that the blasting spell is a special attack from the Twilight Avengers. However, I have never even seen them use this spell, and I have no idea how I am supposed to avoid it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

"2. Call me Mr. Pig - Make the Razor Boars trample and kill 20 enemies." So I know the Razor Boars begin their charge when they get attacked, but I just have no idea how to make them trample and kill enemies.

"3. Rambo Style - Defeat 50 flying enemies with Arcane Burst arrows." Seems simple enough, but I build Arcane Archers with maxed out Arcane Arrows on every level with flying enemies and I still don't have this one...

"4. No Pain, No Gain - Deal over 100,000 damage with Sylvan Curses." I build Arch-Druids with maxed out Sylvan Curses every single game, yet I still don't have this achievement. Anyone have any tips or strategies for how to get this quicker?

"5. Wildfire harvest - Throw 1,000 burning nuts." Once again, I also always build Weirwood trees with the burning nuts upgrade, but still don't have this one.

I know the answer for the last 3 achievements (Rambo Style, No Pain, No Gain and Wildfire Harvest) will probably be just to keep grinding and replaying missions over and over again with these upgrades, but what about the first five of these? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated :D
Last edited by BMoneyX1337 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Origins Steam Achievements Help

by AerisDraco » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Unfortunately, the answer to all of these is just grind and grind until you get it. It's incredibly annoying, especially the druid ones. I recommend just replaying the last stage with just druids and a good anti-air hero until you get it.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by BMoneyX1337 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:35 am

I kind of figured that would be the case, but I would still really appreciate it if anyone has any specific levels or builds that make obtaining these achievements any less of a headache :yey:

Specifically, these 3:

1. I meant the red wire - Have your soldiers avoid 50 blasting spell explosions.
3. Kingsfoil Leaves - Give regeneration 25 times to the same soldier.

Just haven't the slightest clue how to get the first two, and can't find a solid build or strategy to get the third one :(
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 am

The Razorboar one is tricky to get, but essentially make sure there’s a weak enemy like a spider between them and their soldier target.

The blasting spell refers to the glowing purple lines that Avengers put on non-Twilight units. I’d recommend a lot of Archers and mages for this one.

And Kingsfoil Leaves likely entails just spamming Forest Keepers.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:39 pm

I don't recall having any trouble with these achievements when I played the game. I really do think if you simply play the game a LOT then these will come up eventually, with the exception of the ones like the 5 Hunter's Mark one.
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:58 pm

Red Wire and Kinsfoil can be attempted at the same time.Play a level with waves that contain avengers with lots of other enemies, where you can also place lots of Barracks. Have your barracks with high defence (hence Forest keepers) so they survive the attacks, and give them the regen upgrade so they heal too. Eventually you'll get them both As they'll defend against the explosions, heal the hip up and survive longer in a group. Consider a hero like Bravebark to heal them as well.
Yes it's me

by 86er » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:51 am

I'm stuck on Rambo Style. Turns out, it doesn't count if the arrow hits the ground even if the explosion kills flyers. So Grimmsburg, one of the grindiest stages in the game, and since it takes 2 shots to kill gloomies, it may not be the best one for it. But I'm gonna try it again without the Obsidian Heads upgrade and see what happens.

Red Wire was pretty easy on The Unseelie Court Iron Challenge. Kinsfoil Leaves I got making nothing but forest keepers on Grimmsburg.

Mr Pig can be done fairly well by grinding The Ascent.

The big issue is there's no progress bar for the achievements. 3 games and this is one of the tiny little nuances that got glanced over.

UPDATE: With or without obsidian heads, rambo style is almost impossible to grind. over half the time, the glowing arrow hits the ground and even if the residual explosion kills flyers, it does not count. it must be a direct hit every single time and none of the fliers have that much health to begin with. might as well wait until January when Steam gets screecher bats. gnolls tend to walk too far ahead of perythons, but who knows, maybe they are the way to go.
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you guys, the above 4 or so posts were all really helpful. Still grinding these achievements out, but at least I have some more strategies now lol. I agree with 86er, these achievements really needed a progress bar...

Edit. Finally got killer tomatoes and kingsfoil leaves, both on grimmsburg campaign. I just built 4 forest keeper towers with fully upgraded regeneration ability. That leaves me with 5 remaining achievements I still haven't been able to get...

3. Rambo Style - Defeat 50 flying enemies with Arcane Burst arrows.
4. No Pain, No Gain - Deal over 100,000 damage with Sylvan Curses.
5. Wildfire harvest - Throw 1,000 burning nuts.
User

by Sephi-Chan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:55 am

Just finished all achievements with Rambo style and I meant the red wire being the last two.

To complete I meant the red wire I repeated the 4th wave of The Unseelie Court (heroic casual) using no soldier (no soldier = no soldier caugth in the explosion). The avengers curse the gloomies and you just have to shut them down. To maximise the number of cursed gloomies, don't build any tower near the two east paths. I suggest Eridan so you can kill them from afar and his arrow storm helps. If you really need soldiers, put the barracks near the exit.

To complete Rambo Style, I played Grimmsburg (campaign veteran so the gloomies last longer) with only 2 Arcane archers on the center path: one to the left, one to the right. You can build melee soldier (base and fourth) to hold back non-flying ennemies. Only direct hit (not the AOE effect) seems to count for the achievement so it will take some time! The third wave is the easiest but you can continue if you just don't want to grind the same first minutes.

Call me Mr. Pig can be done on The ascent (campaign casual), spawn your reinforcements near spiders when a boar is approaching in order to taunt it. Restart and repeat (i did 2 or 3 per repetition, i didn't play the stage to the end).

No Pain, No Gain (like the name implies...) takes some time, just like Wildfire harvest.

Enjoy!
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Finally got mr. pig and red wire achievements. I also found out how to check achievement progress in steam, here is my progress...

Rambo Style - 31/50
No Pain, No Gain - 53,672/100,000
Wildfire harvest - 382/1,000

Looks like I'll be working on these last 3 for quite some time still.... :|

Edit: Are any of these abilities (Burst Arrows, Sylvan Curse, and Fiery Nut, respectively) worth upgrading past level 1, as opposed to just constructing a new tower instead? I'm guessing Sylvan Curse is probably worth upgrading to level 3, as it seems each upgrade deals more damage, and that is what we are looking for. Burst Arrows seem to be not really too important as far as upgrading past level 1, but it doesn't seem like it would hurt your strategy either. I'm guessing upgrading Fiery Nut past level 1 is completely useless, since it only increases damage and not reduced cooldown time.
User

by rldml » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 pm

How do you check your progress in steam?`

I didn't find it and a want to know if i got the clue ;)
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:40 pm

"In addition to all this, you can check your progress by looking at the LUA save file at C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\kingdom_rush_origins folder. The slot_1.lua (or the name of the slot you're using here) is the file you are after. Open it with any text editor - Notepad, Wordpad, Notepad++, etc. You can check the current count for all achievements. You are interested in the counts for "Last_service", "Call_me_pig", "Arcane_burst", "Nopaingain" and "Wildfire_harvest". After finishing a level, reload the file and check your progress - that way you can evolve your strategies to better tackle on specific achievements."

Credit goes to some guy from the r/kingdomrush subreddit
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Good news, everyone! With all the help I got on this thread, plus this one over here https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomrush/comments/9tr9kr/help_with_kingdom_rush_origins_steam_achievements/, I have now managed to get every achievement EXCEPT for bloody Rambo Style :yey:

Rambo Style - Defeat 50 flying enemies with Arcane Burst arrows. I am currently at 32/50

I have been grinding on Grimmsburg and getting approximately 1 or 2 ticks per wave 3, and then restarting the level. It's grueling, but its my last achievement, so soon I will have achieved 100% 8-)

Thanks for everyone's help, in the meantime, I'd still love to hear any thoughts or strategies you guys have for Rambo Style ;)
User

by 86er » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 am

Rambo Style. Just keep rinse and repeating the 2 archer-setup on Grimmsburg until you finally get to take a break. Perhaps casual players could wait until Hulking Rage is released in late December to get burst against the mass perythons? Eventually I got it and had nothing left but Wildfire Harvest. The tedious thing about that is it is best to do on neverwonder but I never get to enjoy fighting the waves since I focus so heavily on the shroom game.

BTW, Red Wire players: I think even with all the gloomies on Unseelie Court Heroic, you get a lot more value from Iron. More bunnies and they are a lot slower than anything.

Now I got them all and have all current heroes maxed. just waiting for the patch updates over the next few months. Wondering if the devs learned to include some of our quality of life improvement ideas in Vengeance, like progress bars.
User