Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

For the King!

Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:51 pm

I won every level on Veteran using only Shadow Archers, every level with 20 hearts, using Veruk, and it was really really easy, some of the levels I left the phone and went to clean my room and do stuff I needed to do, just let the game play by itself.


Here I show you a single level so you get an idea, I end this level with 5.000 extra gold that I didn't need to spend, that is how ridiculously OP this Archer towers are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflDSNFkzxY
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:34 pm

This seems like the kind of important information that should have been fed back during the beta-testing you were a part of. I have to wonder why you left it until the release.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:53 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:This seems like the kind of important information that should have been fed back during the beta-testing you were a part of. I have to wonder why you left it until the release.


Who said I didn't tell them about this?

And then you say I look dumb with my comments...
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Andreapab » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Same situation with previous KRO, in some levels... not a big issue! ;)
If
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Andreapab wrote:Same situation with previous KRO, in some levels... not a big issue! ;)


Yeah I agree that previous Archer towers were very strong too, but it didn't come close to this!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Santiago wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:This seems like the kind of important information that should have been fed back during the beta-testing you were a part of. I have to wonder why you left it until the release.


Who said I didn't tell them about this?

And then you say I look dumb with my comments...


Ok, fair point, no need to continue being a dick.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Santiago wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:This seems like the kind of important information that should have been fed back during the beta-testing you were a part of. I have to wonder why you left it until the release.


Who said I didn't tell them about this?

And then you say I look dumb with my comments...


Ok, fair point, no need to continue being a dick.


I agree that there is no need to be a dick, it actually sucks to be a dick and to receive insults as well, but since you told me dumb in the other thread and immediately closed it using your "moderator superpowers"...

What you did was like insulting someone and then run away before they can even answer, I had to answer you here man..
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Santiago wrote:
I agree that there is no need to be a dick, it actually sucks to be a dick and to receive insults as well, but since you told me dumb in the other thread and immediately closed it using your "moderator superpowers"...

What you did was like insulting someone and then run away before they can even answer, I had to answer you here man..


You should have said your Private Messages weren’t working, I would have helped.

That was a hint. Like it was last time. As in 'I'm closing this topic so we stop having an arguement publicly because it's not doing anyone any favours, let’s take it into Private Messages.'

In any case, I was wrong to make assumptions in this situation and I apologise.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:02 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Santiago wrote:
I agree that there is no need to be a dick, it actually sucks to be a dick and to receive insults as well, but since you told me dumb in the other thread and immediately closed it using your "moderator superpowers"...

What you did was like insulting someone and then run away before they can even answer, I had to answer you here man..


You should have said your Private Messages weren’t working, I would have helped.

That was a hint. Like it was last time. As in 'I'm closing this topic so we stop having an arguement publicly because it's not doing anyone any favours, let’s take it into Private Messages.'

In any case, I was wrong to make assumptions in this situation and I apologise.



You could have said "ok, let's continue this privately, and now I close this thread because the beta is over", but you said "you look dumb and now I close this thread" instead, so that doesn't make a lot of sense, I don't think you really wanted to keep the "argument" private man.
And if you did want to keep it private I think you didn't do a good job there...

Apology accepted.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Blue Vex » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:46 pm

Is this viable on Brutal difficulty as well?
User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:02 am

Haven't tried it but Veteran was way too easy with archers so my bet would be that they still work in Impossible difficulty, I mean they are the best tower in the game, good against armored and unarmored enemies so why not.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Blue Vex » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 am

Have you tried achieving the same result by massing another type of tower*?
I suspect that the game is a bit easy on Veteran. I finished my first play-through of the game on Veteran myself, and I came out of every level with 3 stars on the first attempt, so it felt a bit easy. Think I will try the same level you did with mass Goblirangs.

*Wouldn't work for towers incapable of hitting air.

Edit: Goblirangs worked as well, similar upgrades and hero to yours. For my own reasoning I would like to see for example the Infernal Mage attempt the same thing next, but I'm too sleepy to go again atm.
Last edited by Blue Vex on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Santiago » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:34 am

Blue Vex wrote:Have you tried achieving the same result by massing another type of tower*?
I suspect that the game is a bit easy on Veteran. I finished my first play-through of the game on Veteran myself, and I came out of every level with 3 stars on the first attempt, so it felt a bit easy. Think I will try the same level you did with mass Goblirangs.

*Wouldn't work for towers incapable of hitting air.


No, I haven't tried that, but I have a feeling that the bone flingers could work too, I remember winning some levels with only bone flingers.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Ninja » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:43 am

Santiago wrote:
Blue Vex wrote:Have you tried achieving the same result by massing another type of tower*?
I suspect that the game is a bit easy on Veteran. I finished my first play-through of the game on Veteran myself, and I came out of every level with 3 stars on the first attempt, so it felt a bit easy. Think I will try the same level you did with mass Goblirangs.

*Wouldn't work for towers incapable of hitting air.


No, I haven't tried that, but I have a feeling that the bone flingers could work too, I remember winning some levels with only bone flingers.


BBB confirmed in another thread that Bone Flingers can do this on Impossible Difficulty. I think we broke it, guys ... :lol:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Blue Vex » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 am

It still remains to see if it's game that's too easy, or if it's archer-type towers that are too powerful. :)
User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Ninja » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Blue Vex wrote:It still remains to see if it's game that's too easy, or if it's archer-type towers that are too powerful. :)


Try beating the game without losing a life on Impossible Difficulty AND without using “star” upgrades. I’m attempting it, and it is BRUTAL but super fun. :veznan:
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:39 pm

The game feels rather easy if you play to your fullest potential, but then again, I felt that the entire series had this trait until the Elite Stages came out. If you want to beat the game it is easy to do so quickly, but if you want to challenge yourself, it is also easy to do so. That’s one of KRV’s greatest strengths. ;)
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7815
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by SHlSEID0 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm

I tried full Harassers and it seems 'OP' too, pinning down G. Lightseeker just outside his resort. I had a hard time pushing skeletons from a single graveyard with 3 archers, vines upgrade, in KR1 the dark tower.

So what's the problem here? KRV main campaign stages too easy with enemies not reaching high numbers enough? New combat formula? Enemy armor too low, even with 3 blocks of armor? Bug with archers?

PS: just tried 8 blazing gems with ray, works too. But doesn't feel as cheesy as using cheaper arrow units. Maybe the stage is easy for veteran diff., or Beresad too powerful, the real one-beast army.
User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 am

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by Blue Vex » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:08 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:The game feels rather easy if you play to your fullest potential, but then again, I felt that the entire series had this trait until the Elite Stages came out. If you want to beat the game it is easy to do so quickly, but if you want to challenge yourself, it is also easy to do so. That’s one of KRV’s greatest strengths. ;)

Unfortunately I've never been a fan of self-made challenges. :) Yes, I can choose to not use heroes, upgrades and specific towers, but to me that translates to not playing and enjoying the game fully. I'd rather use all heroes, all upgrades and all towers, and at the same time have a challenge whilst doing so.

I do agree that the expansion stages were harder than the initial stages in the previous games. However, I do remember having a tougher time during the initial stages in the previous games as well. Especially in KR:F. Think I'll have to try it out again. :)
User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Re: Shadow Archers are ridiculously OP

by AerisDraco » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:30 am

Congratulations, they've been nerfed to cost 50 gold more and Crow's Nest deals 10% of its previous damage.
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests