KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

For the King!

KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by SealDarklight » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:47 am

This is a topic of tower which is your favorite to least favorite. Id like to point out that i do like how they changed the formula, i do somewhat miss the old ones with the two sided things and the attack towers having only two upgrades in level 4 but at the same time i like it because you have combos which suits best on certain levels. I want to see what your opinion is on each tower is and dont take it in a grade of salt.

16. Rotten forest
It costs too much, has pathetic dps output, it costs real life money and it requires to be at lvl 4 but i like the Fog and Treant upgrades to be honest

15. Orc Shaman
Too slow to hit, randomized damage, it also costs too much and it requires to be at lvl 4 to be potential but at least it doesnt cost real life money and i can respect its stun ability as well as the passive aoe upgrade. But i love the design and their voices

14. Rocket Riders
Rivals with the Zeppelin in terms of cost and placement, Has 2 similar abilities, is basic and has expensive abilities but compair to Orc or Rotten forest i like them far more since they hit the hardest of the artillery, has longer range and is very satisfying as well as memorable lines like Prepare for Trouble and To Infinity and Beyond.

13. Orc Warriors Dent
Are far weaker than the KRC and KRF Barracks especially the LVL 3 ones and other KRV barracks have stats on their own which is memorable but they are super cheap with their Upgrades as well as Abilites, are easy to fully upgrade, can be surprisingly good in any way and at least its better than the Beta ones before the release.

12. Bone Flingers
Low range and requires to be upgraded but are super cheap, can be really helpfull if you dont want to spend it on zombies and can be semi effective at dealing damage with their fast firing speed. Low range is the only thing i dont like about them.

11. Infernal Mage
Expensive to upgrade and fires pretty slowly but is very handy especially in the last 2 levels with Gerald and Paragons since they can lower armor with their ability.

10. Blazing Gem
Costs real life money, Super expensive to upgrade and is somewhat of a requirement to upgrade but other than that it is super duper satisfying to see it deal damage and kill enemies. Also i love the mage tower being a lazer tower.

9. Goblin War Zeppelin
Costs real life and Super expensive to upgrade as well but you can rally it, it hits hard like big Bertha and attacks in decent speed. It abilities are super cheap as well and tar bomb is super cheap and useful. Its hard to tell if i pick it or pick Rocket riders since they rival one and another.

8. Grim Cemetary
Boring and unsatisfying as well as costs real life money but they make the play through allot easier, are super cheap in both upgrades and abilites (Rivals the Orcs) and it is arguably the best premium tower for worth of buying and can be super handy in Impossible.

7. Elite Harrasers
They cant tank (since they arent invincible or have any armor) and are expensive to upgrade but they remind me heavenly on the Elves and the Barbarians and fully upgraded ones can deal some serious damage. They can be pretty usefull on early stages as their damage can clean up lesser enemies and dangerous foes comes later in the stage. Also their edgy badass voices

6. Shadow Archers
Nothing bad to say about them other than there really cool and dont have any downsides aside from being slightly expensive than the previous archers. They are essential in the later levels as Paladins become a much of a thread. I also like their abilities as the crow will deal extra damage, Shadow Mark is for support and Instakill that is usefull on the last boss level and is super worth in Impossible. They also sound badass

5. Specters Mausoleum
I usually dont like the tower itself since its more of a Arch wizard from KRF but fires faster and is level 1-3 but it is the cheapest mage, has 2 abilities i like which are Gargoyles and Possession which hypnotizes the foe on your side which i like allot and made the play through allot easier. Also its ghastly voice

4. Wicked Sisters
They cost real life money and they arent necessity to get but they are fun to use, can rally, has poison which is super usefull on magic resistance level or stun which works on tougher foes and not to mention is also really fun for having same annoying witches to cast frogs on their enemies. I also like the Voices being wicked and having fun

3. Goblirangs
Its not the best archer tower but it is arguably very underappreciated and very underrated mainly because its cost the most (If not counting rotten forest) of the archers and dont have that great dps but, it is really good as well. I love its line attacks that gives it crowd control and while artillery does do it as well, it has a really good firing speed and deals really good damage. I especially love the Heaadbang ability since i knew that boomerangs could stun and it didn't disappoint me since it stuns foes in its line. It doesnt become that usefull in late game but can be beneficial as most of the Playthrough enemies come in groups and it can handle it pretty well especially against Valkyries or Priestesses since these enemies can be problematic as they are covered in groups. Also while i know they are suppose to sound like tribalistical people, they sound like trolling people to me especially the weird laugh.

2. Dark knights
Dark Knights is one of my favorite Barracks in the series and its mainly because they have high armor and deal reasonable amount of damage. Their only downside is that they cost allot and come in 2 but for the most part i like about them and theres nothing i dont like about them since there really good, not the best. Dark Knights are ment to stall which they can do and proves to be super usefull on bosses and tougher enemies even at low levels. I also love all of their abilities. Their Shield abilities make them invulnerable for 5 seconds which makes them even tougher to kill and works far well than Bladesingers Parry ability, their Thorn ability makes them reflect damage which increases the dps but their best ability is the Chainsaw ability which has a really small chance to instakill. There basically Offensive Paladins that dont heal but deal. There also super awesome to look at and super usefull on boss or levels with tougher enemies.

1. Melting Furnace
Melting Furnace is my favorite tower in the game and one of my favorite Artillery in the series. Its basically everything right that fixes on what Dwaaarp should have been. It still has downsides but in a cost of dealing reasonable amount of damage, can stun enemies for a brief seconds as well as denying range attackers, cheapest of the artillery in the game and abilities that are super fun to use. It deals the least of all the Artillery in KRV but it gets up for everything im saying about. I love the Abilities, Burning fuel for example makes it hit allot faster and unlike Dwaarps furnace blast its in tier 1. The Tower boost ability i like as well and while it has low range, it makes by dealing more damage and is helpfull to the nearest tower. Red Hot coal is alright ability i guess. I also like the voices as it sounds like a cooking show and never taking the battlefield seriously like the Big Bertha in the First Game. Also it feels like a cooking show roasting people like the wondering recruits and Dwarves and i think their tower gets their name evil as it causes enough of environmental problems. There super fun. :veznan: :twisted:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: In the Deep Dark Woods

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:21 pm

16. Orc Warriors - Their upgrades are boring so I don’t really use them much.
15. Witches - I just don’t like trying to micro them. I find that more of a nuisance.
14. Tainted Forest - The devs said the damage is actually comparable to that of the furnace, but in that case, I’d rather use the furnace.
13. Goblirangs - Never use them, but they’re probably decent. I bet I’ll replay many levels and try to make them useful, then end up loving them, but right now I don’t favor them. :P
12. Infernal Mage - Despite being more consistent than the Orc Shaman, it still has a huge damage range which makes me unable to feel satisfied with using it for heavy armored enemies.
11. Orc Shaman - Huge damage is range meant to be satisfying when it deals high damage, but I end up being reluctant to ever take it into battle with me because itnrelies on luck.
10. Melting Furnace - A neat tower but it’s a DWAARP ripoff and has too little range on Abrasive Heat.
9. Goblin Zeppelin - The artillery towers that deal fast area damage in a small zone are always satisying.
8. Elite Harassers - I get them just so I can see them deal tons of damage with their arrows. Satisfying.
7. Rocket Riders - A Big Bertha that isn’t ovrshadowed by other artillery. Huzzah!
6. Shadow Archers - After the nerf I like them less but they still feel universally good.
5. Grim Cemetery - I never use this tower but I can tell it’s extremely good.
4. Blazing Gem - Satisfyingly high DPS.
3. Spectres Mausoleum - All of its abilities are the kind of thing I love. I’ve always wanted a Possession in the series!
2. Bone Flingers - I love spamming skeletons and controlling the map!
1. Dark Knights - My new favorite barracks of all time. They have it all.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Towers

by Ninja » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 am

16. Tainted Treants - This tower deals OK damage, but Melting Furnace does it’s job infinitely better than it does, what with slowing down all enemies in range on impact and having amazing abilities.

15. Witch Hut - I have rarely used this tower, but when I did, it just felt underwhelming.

14. Infernal Mage - Really bad abilities. The tier 4 tower base is strong, but not good enough to warrant building it over other mages.

13. Orc Warriors Den - This is a pretty reliable tower for blocking, but Dark Knights just outclass them so hard, even with only 2 units and the extra cost.

12. Grim Cemetery - This is an extremely powerful barracks, maybe even the best one because of the insane stalling power. However, their abilities are so boring (and bad) that I prefer not to use this tower.

11. Goblin War Zeppelin - They’re slightly better than Rocket Riders IMO, but they have such ineffective and uninteresting abilities that I stay away from them more often than not.

10. Melting Furnace - Yes, it’s a DWAARP rip-off, but it’s made distinct by its creative and good abilities. Also, I like the full range slow-down on impact a lot. It’s also quite strong, probably about equal with Rocket Riders.

9. Bone Flingers - It’s really powerful for the low cost, but I dislike the skeleton aesthetic. A bit boring despite its quotes attempting to mitigate that.

8. Rocket Riders - A strong, reliable, and very funnny/enjoyable artillery to watch in action. It also has strong abilities that look flashy. The only reason it’s not higher is that artillery are kind of overshadowed by other tower types in this game.

7. Spectres Mausoleum - I appreciate the versatility of this tower, and I use it for some strategies, but I feel like it’s less powerful and interesting than the top 6. Cool abilities, but Dark Knights outclass Gargoyles so I rarely use them and Possession is outclassed by instakills. The middle ability is just kind of there.

6. Goblirangs - Super underrated tower IMO. The semi-AoE automatically makes it kinda’ nice, even at tier 1. Once it’s at tier 4, though, it becomes a damage machine versus groups, especially with the amazing abilities. It soft-replaces artillery towers for me.

5.Shadow Archers - Instakill ability, very strong, consistent damage output, and a marking ability like GLs. That is simply a recipe for a top tier tower. I also like its aesthetic (Dark Army is my favorite enemy group).

4. Orc Shaman - The second best Mage IMO. Even at tier 1 it’s better than most tier 2 and even some tier 3 towers due to the stun and potential for damage that no other tier 1 tower can reach. It also has very long range. Once it’s tier 4, then it’s just awesome. Insane damage; inconsistent but usually still high. The abilities are my favorite Abilites in the game barring Dark Knights: a very strong AoE spell that looks awesome, a heal that looks cool for the units who are keeping enemies in its range, and an AoE Passive.

3. Elite Harrassers - This tower is amazing. It deals so much damage for a fair price that it all but replaces the need for conventional archers (in fact, I’m thinking of demoting SA to 6 and using Goblirangs more often). It also looks really, really cool.

2. Blazing Gem - New favorite Mage tower! It has INTENSE damage output, literally slaughtering the strongest of enemies (even bosses, though they take a bit longer to roast, obviously) in a matter of about 10 seconds. Its left side ability is essential and looks cool, the middle one is nice to have, and the right side ability is fairly strong. It’s second favorite tower aesthetically as well.

1. Dark Knights - This tower is so, so beastly (new favorite TOWER in the series here)! Good damage, INSANE durability and respawn rate, the coolest look, and the coolest ability ever (chainsaw sword!). Epic in every way. Also, those names are a stroke of genius.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Blue Vex » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:07 am

16. Wicked Sisters
I find manging them to be a hassle, it's unclear how much damage their poison do, and they just seem underwhelming. Love their voices though. "Twist the bones and bend the back!"

15. Dark Knights
My strategies are typically to either swarm the enemy or focus on high damage. Dark Knights don't fit into these two strategies very well. For swarming I find Grim Cemetery and Orc Warriors Den to be better, and for high damage I use Elite Harassers (who can also hit air). Love the concept for Dark Knights though, so I wish I had more use of them.

14. Infernal Mage
So many magic towers to choose from in Vengeance.. I don't like teleport spells that much anymore. It just slows down my killspeed and ability to call waves early. Infernal Mage has AoE, but if I want AoE I have better options.

13. Orc Shaman
Too expensive. Love the healing it provides to my swarm of zombies though.

12. Goblirangs
I don't find its abilities that fun, and I don't like the voices for it. Not a bad tower though. It's powerful, but there are better options.

11. Goblin Rocket Riders
Good tower, but it suffers from the age-old problem; if one enemy slips past it will target that enemy instead of the cluster of enemies occupied by my soldiers. The Melting Furnace doesn't have that problem. Also, goblins suiciding constantly becomes a bit dumb to me, but hey.. :P

10. Goblin War Zeppelin
Very powerful and consistent tower. I just prefer other types of artillery towers.

9. Orc Warriors Den
Most consistent barracks when I try to swarm the enemy.

8. Tainted Forest
I feel the Tainted Forest is underrated. It pairs incredibly well with the towers listed in the rank 1 - 5 spots.

7. Grim Cemetary
Love this tower. Counters enemy swarms and can keep big enemies fighting forever. The more efficient I am at killing enemies, the more I'm rewarded through the Grim Cemetery.

6. Blazing Gem
This tower is incredibly powerful. It kills anything, no matter resistance. Love the voices for it.

5. Bone Flingers
Provides a huge Golem in case I need a lot of blocking power, and several weak skeletons down the lane. Love the voices for this tower. "DUTTURUT!"

4. Elite Harassers
Elite Harassers have very high damage for being barracks. Most of the time I drop reinforcements on top of them (Hellion Tridents), and they all just stand back and barrage ground- and air-units with ranged attacks. Their value goes up a lot when protected by gargoyles.

3. Melting Furnace
This tower never misses, stuns the enemy, and just deals lots of damage. I always try to get a Melting Furnace in an awesome position. My only complaint is that its buffing ability has too short of a radius.

2. Specters Mausoleum
Consistent magic damage with the ability to protect my ranged troops with resilient gargoyles.

1. Shadow Archers
Best go-to tower in the game? I mean, I prefer other towers concept-wise, but Shadow Archers are just so safe and efficient to use.
Last edited by Blue Vex on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:53 am

Interesting. I never found the third orc all that useful, as I wasn't getting swarmed that often. Dark Knights and Orcs are the only placements on your list I disagree with a lot
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by AerisDraco » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:10 am

Blue Vex wrote:15. Dark Knights
Since the Necromancer Tower in KR:F, the way to stop enemies has been to swarm them. Dark Knights don't contribute to that. Orc Warriors Den do it way better, and for pure damage Elite Harassers are better (and also attacks air)

B O L D

As for me:

16. Rotten Forest - Just not good. Deals too little damage.
15. Wicked Sisters - Poison is way worse than the stun, and I have problems with Froggification.
14. Orc Warriors - Simply put, boring compared to the other barracks. Also, 3 passives.
13. Orc Shaman - Damage variance is annoyingly high, and Healing Roots is terrible.
12. Bone Flingers - They may be good, but I just don't like them too much. Also their range is too short for my liking.
11. Melting Furnace - A better version of the forest, but I don't love it.
10. Grim Cemetery - Also good, but again, no real attachment for me.
9. Infernal Mage - Better than the Orc Shaman, but pretty bland.
8. Elite Harassers - Great aesthetically, but suffers from a very contradictory set of abilities.
7. Goblirangs - Basically got to this spot for "Not the bees! Not the bees!".
6. Rocket Riders - All-around solid tower, except for minefield.
5. Shadow Archers - Would be higher were it not for the Crow's Nest nerf.
4. Dark Knights - Among the best barracks in the series.
3. Spectres Mausoleum - Great voicing, great abilities, and cheap.
2. Blazing Gem - LAZERS
1. Goblin War Zeppelin - TOTAL AIR SUPERIORITY HAS BEEN ACHIEVED
KRA is not over. Not if I have anything to say about it.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Northern Cuba (Miami)

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by SHlSEID0 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:18 am

Does anyone think this game has a built in capability of detecting tower usage and sending this info back to Ironhide? They're now officially in the business of selling towers, the 'credibility' of their premium towers somewhat hangs on players' usage too, nevermind what their in-house mathematics says. The towers don't have to be overpowered, but they (Ironhide) can patch those extremely underwhelming ones.

Heroes have been like this all along, but I think players pay for them more as support for the studio. Of course there are many more 'money-smarts' who became wary of the hero prices :)

Ok back on topic. My top 2 towers are now Zeppelin and Sisters, not just because of tower-disabling maps. Hard for me to rank the rest. I like underwhelming towers too if they're fun and still helps me win the stage.
User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 am

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:49 am

Clearly I’m going to need to try out the Melting Furnace more, as the Rotten Forest is one my main tower choices. Hmm.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Ninja » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Clearly I’m going to need to try out the Melting Furnace more, as the Rotten Forest is one my main tower choices. Hmm.


It’s burning fuel ability makes it vastly superior to RF IMO.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:38 pm

The Rotten Forest is among the coolest-looking towers of all time and has some strong abilities for sure. I found that in general, Vengeance rewards tier 4 towers with upgraded abilities more than having numerous towers with less upgrades. However, I think the Treants take this too far, as they deal so little early damage for a pretty hefty cost. That's the main reason I dislike them as much as I do.

That, and I can't make out some of its dialogue. When I upgrade the treant summon ability, all I hear is "Oowerrow" or something. :?
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:The Rotten Forest is among the coolest-looking towers of all time and has some strong abilities for sure. I found that in general, Vengeance rewards tier 4 towers with upgraded abilities more than having numerous towers with less upgrades. However, I think the Treants take this too far, as they deal so little early damage for a pretty hefty cost. That's the main reason I dislike them as much as I do.

That, and I can't make out some of its dialogue. When I upgrade the treant summon ability, all I hear is "Oowerrow" or something. :?


It's "Burarum". It's Entish from Lord of the Rings.
I'll be filling in all the trivia over the next few days ;)
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by SHlSEID0 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:25 am

The RF concept is cool too: support this tower, not with another tower, but by placing your high damage ranged troops (cough... Haras...) near it. Aesthetics wise, it's beautiful to see your troops ambushing at the downstream end of the fog (I'm not sure if fog has to cover only the troops, the enemies, or both)

Still... not quite enough. Needs a bit more damage, or a passive ability, especially for the early levels. Healthy treants makes it a barrack too, money back to us. Or stronger fog. A bigger range will also enhance its forest image. Having a musketeer-like range will definitely fit its theme: travellors get lost in this rotten forest :P

PS: I would recommend 'raising treants by using ALL corpses as fertilizer' as passive ability, to Ironhide (cough... Necromancer.... old-fashion). Or cause an enemy to walk backwards every 12 seconds (getting lost in forest; can be longer cooldown for low level tower), until out of tower's range. Troops do not block a retreating enemy. We dont mind paying more gold for towers at strategic points.
User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 am

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Magmaflarez » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm

(I don't have the paid towers so I guess I'll do 11-1)

11: Orc Shamans
Too much cost, abilities are also really expensive, and the range of damage is too high (I mean, 20-200 can do 200 damage, but it can also do 20)

10: Elite Harassers
I appreciate they do damage, but I'd rather have guys that can stall for me. Their low health mean you have to invest too much for them.


9: Goblin Rocket Riders
Way too expensive for what they're worth: while I appreciate they are the starter towers, they lose value very quickly.

8: Goblirangs
I feel this tower has potential, but I only find them useful late game when I can invest into them all at once. They're powers look interesting, but I don't know if they're worth. They just seem a bit meh...

Now to the better stuff!

7: Orc Warriors Den
The only free guys that have 3 of them. I feel that they're actually quite good at max level with Captain Promotion, but more importantly Seal of Blood, which lets them regen. It looks good, but frankly there's better (imo)

6: Dark Knights
My personal favourite for the barracks: the fact that they have decent health at level 1 is a big +1 for me. Only con is that there's 2 of them, but they're way more useful than others.

5: Shadow Archers
While I don't run them in my equipped towers, it's only because I like some barracks early game. Their instakill ability and Shadow Mark make for a really good lvl4 tower, and I like that their attacks are instant (so there's no case where the projectiles miss (which is really annoying with slow towers).

4: Infernal Mage
They do some pretty top notch damage. Scrumptious. Quite expensive though...

3: Melting Furnace
The only good artillery (imo): they make for a very powerful tower (and I like their powers too!)

2: Mausoleum
Yes yes yes. Possession is fun and a great staller when it targets a meaty guy; the gargoyles are really good stallers; and the other power... is ok... Overall a really powerful tower which isn't too expensive either!

1: Bone Flingers
I LOVE THIS TOWER. It's cheap, and with Got Milk? it makes out for around 40 damage with fast attack. The big guy has a ranged attack, and the summon skeletons is a nice staller. Very nice.
User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Sir Toddalot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:28 am

I feel like I must being playing this game wrong or something. I came here thinking the Rotton Forest was the best tower in the game, but reading all the other posts I seem to be the only one. :?

Anyway, here’s my list:

16. Wicked Sisters
15. Orc Shaman
14. Goblin Rocket Riders
13. Infernal Mage
12. Goblirangs
11. Melting Furnace
10. Goblin War Zepplin
9. Blazing Gem
8. Grim Cemetery
7. Orc Warriors Den
6. Shadow Archers
5. Bone Flingers
4. Spectors Mausoleum
3. Dark Knights
2. Elite Harrasors
1. Rotten Forest
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: Off fighting a dragon somewhere.

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Ninja » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 am

Hey, as long as you win and have fun doing it, whatever works works!
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Shakhtar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:08 am

11: Orc Warriors Den (I just don't like using the weakest opportunity, albeit the cheapest and that come in three. They are the best option at early levels, but fall behind pretty quickly).
10. Goblirangs (I still yet to fully figure out the utility of this tower, so that's the reason why it's so low. Also their power for late levels are pretty questionable to me)
9: Goblin Rocket Riders (Great tower overall when upgraded, huge damage both base and abilities, but it just way TOO costly to be having in 5-stack with all the other options, also not so good early game)
8: Dark Knights (In my placestyle I try using/upgrading as less stalling barracks as possible. And even then to me they're poor man's KR Paladins, which I loved)
7: Bone Flingers (Jack of all trades, master of none. Very good tower once fully upgraded, can be used instantly due to cheap building/upgrading cost and thus can be used early game, but I still feel unupgraded it's trash).
6: Shadow Archers (Never liked them that much, but after money nerf I like them even less, cause I've used to spam SAIII a lot, and Crow's Nest, the most consistent ability, feels underwhelming now)
5: Spectors Mausoleum (Very good, just not that good as everyone says I feel)
4: Orc Shaman (Awesome tower. Fck consistency. "Artillery mage" as I would call it. You don't get it. It's all in one. Great damage, crowd control, support, stun. Ofcource, that is so only for later levels. Totally not worth spending money for in the first half of the campaign.)
3: Infernal Mage (I like Shamans more, but it's more of classic and solid mage tower you can really rely on. Viable all through the entire campaign. Great to have them in the back near exits, will finish/teleport back/disarmour the larger enemies/small packs that are about to sneak through.
2: Elite Harassers (my go-to tower in 95% cases when I feel having DKs isn't necessary. They are all-round good, can target air and do great DPS for barracks)
1: Melting Furnace (The best artillery crowd control artillery in the game with great abilities, stun, that makes it great at almost every level)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by SHlSEID0 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 am

Sir Toddalot wrote:I feel like I must being playing this game wrong or something. I came here thinking the Rotton Forest was the best tower in the game, but reading all the other posts I seem to be the only one. :?


I like Rotten Forest - Mausoleum - Harrasers. It seems to say 'Rotten Forest Solved' :) Performs better than another group of mine
Rocket Riders - Orc Shaman - Orc Warriors Den (I was trying to split the towers)

Just hard in maps because RF range and Mausoleum rally distance are short, and I still need the Harassers behind the Gargoyles.
Last edited by SHlSEID0 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 am

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Sir Toddalot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:02 pm

SHlSEID0 wrote:I like Rotten Forest - Mausoleum - Harrasers. It seems to say 'Rotten Forest Solved' :)


That’s the same combo I used for most of the game. Worked great for me too.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: Off fighting a dragon somewhere.

Re: KRV Favorite to Least Favorite Tower

by Blue Vex » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Interesting. I never found the third orc all that useful, as I wasn't getting swarmed that often. Dark Knights and Orcs are the only placements on your list I disagree with a lot

I had to update my list based on my latest games. It's tough picking favorite towers.. Most of them are useful, but it depends on the stage and your overall strategy. :)
User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 pm


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests