30 Rushes

For the King!

Re: 30 Rushes

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Is it interactive?
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2513
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: 30 Rushes

by Shakhtar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:42 pm

(8) No
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: 30 Rushes

by Ninja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:52 am

Is it directly related to gameplay?
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: 30 Rushes

by Shakhtar » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 pm

(9) Yes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Sorry, I've been away. I'll just watch you guys play this round. I'll let you know if I see a flaw in your questions if I'm online. Keep going.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:49 am

This is a hard one. Is it a tower's ability? This is a random guess, but it seems to match all the checkboxes so far. If not, I know Ninja will correct me.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by Ninja » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:32 am

I believe that all things related directly to gameplay (9th answer: “yes”) that can be player-selected would be counted as interactive (all interactive elements were ruled out by the 8th answer: “no”), at least I would count it that way. Perhaps not, though, so the question is fine for narrowing things down a bit. Maybe Shakhtar was only thinking of interactive Easter eggs/environmental elements.
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: 30 Rushes

by Shakhtar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 am

(10) It's not a tower ability. Those are interactive indeed.

It can be tricky a little bit, maybe I was even wrong on some account (like 6th question), but to me it seems that I wasn't.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: 30 Rushes

by Ninja » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:41 am

Is it a level mechanic (like the Moon on Shadowmoon MC or the Blizzard on ice levels in KRV)?
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:05 pm

I agree with Shakhtar that it can sometimes be a bit confusing. For example, if you were thinking of Beresad, not that you were, you wouldn't be able to answer some questions, like y'know, is it a hero, since it wasn't a hero in Frontiers and Origins. or if they ask, "Is it an enemy" , it was technically an enemy, because it set your towers on fire. Or if they ask, "Is is controllable", it was kind of controllable in Origins, controllable in Vengeance, but uncontrollable in Frontiers. Was it? I don't remember.
Ninja, maybe its non-interactive scenery like... Alien Hunter from Frontiers. Or gates of Loria from Darklight Depths. No, they are not guesses. Compliment for Ninja, he is one of the most sensible member on this forum. ;)
Last edited by EpicPhantom999 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 pm

If there is no such thing as non-interactive scenery, I must have been using a different definition of interactive. There are multiple definitions. You can go ahead and correct my grammar, as one of your interests.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:38 pm

EpicPhantom999 wrote:If there is no such thing as non-interactive scenery, I must have been using a different definition of interactive. There are multiple definitions. You can go ahead and correct my grammar, as one of your interests.


Tapping a sheep makes it explode. That’s interactive.
Tapping a tree does nothing. That’s non-interactive.

Interactive scenery does something when you tap it (i.e. when you interact with it). Non interactive is just flat imagery.


This is what we've established so far:
It is in Kingdom Rush (first game)
It does not have HP (rules out heroes, enemies and bosses)
It is not a tower or a tower ability
It is not interactive (but this is ambiguous)
It is related to gameplay
It is not level specific

So

Is it the Shop?
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2513
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: 30 Rushes

by Ninja » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:Ninja, maybe its non-interactive scenery like... Alien Hunter from Frontiers. Or gates of Loria from Darklight Depths. No, they are not guesses. Compliment for Ninja, he is one of the most sensible member on this forum. ;)


Well, it could be non-interactive scenery, but remember that only a few of those are actually directly related to gameplay (for example, the Big Berthas on Denas’ Castle in KRV).

Thanks for the kind words. :) (Your grammar is fine, BTW. ;) )
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:16 am

So its interactive-in this case means that you can interact with them. Thanks, RaZor. BTW, no offense but the shop is sort of interactive, and it's funny because you were just talking about the definition of 'interactive'. I was hoping in saying that, I would also remind everyone about that answer to your question.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:21 am

Hold on, is it non-interactive scenery?
and RaZoR's post was extremely helpful to all of us because of the fact that he included all the answers to the questions we've asked so far.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:37 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
EpicPhantom999 wrote:If there is no such thing as non-interactive scenery, I must have been using a different definition of interactive. There are multiple definitions. You can go ahead and correct my grammar, as one of your interests.


Tapping a sheep makes it explode. That’s interactive.
Tapping a tree does nothing. That’s non-interactive.

Interactive scenery does something when you tap it (i.e. when you interact with it). Non interactive is just flat imagery.


This is what we've established so far:
It is in Kingdom Rush (first game)
It does not have HP (rules out heroes, enemies and bosses)
It is not a tower or a tower ability
It is not interactive (but this is ambiguous)
It is related to gameplay
It is not level specific

So

Is it the Shop?

RaZoR, remember, he said there were some questions where he wasn't sure on, like on question 6 and 10. :!: :!: :!:
That is a big clue. I mean, you could forget, but maybe it wasn't obvious. The shop is obviously NOT level specific. Wait-don't say he didn't say that. On my next post I will include a comment on what he said... just hold on...
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:38 am

Shakhtar wrote:(10) It's not a tower ability. Those are interactive indeed.

It can be tricky a little bit, maybe I was even wrong on some account (like 6th question), but to me it seems that I wasn't.

Here it is. :o
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: 30 Rushes

by Ninja » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:42 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:
Shakhtar wrote:(10) It's not a tower ability. Those are interactive indeed.

It can be tricky a little bit, maybe I was even wrong on some account (like 6th question), but to me it seems that I wasn't.

Here it is. :o


Yeah, I sort of based my last question on that “hint” (I say “hint” like that because he could have gotten it right on those tricky questions, and basing more questions off that could be dangerous).
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: 30 Rushes

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:51 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:RaZoR, remember, he said there were some questions where he wasn't sure on, like on question 6 and 10. :!: :!: :!:
That is a big clue. I mean, you could forget, but maybe it wasn't obvious. The shop is obviously NOT level specific. Wait-don't say he didn't say that. On my next post I will include a comment on what he said... just hold on...


Question 6 was 'Is it level specific?'and the answer was No. So the Shop isn’t level specific, is related to gameplay and is ambiguous in being interactive (the shop itself doesn’t directly affect gameplay, only the items bought in it do).

You don’t need to post four times in a row. Just edit all your comments into one post.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2513
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: 30 Rushes

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Okay, I got you.
I don't think Shaktar answered my question yet. Let's brainstorm some ideas strictly based on what we've heard so far.
Question 1: Is it from a specific game?
Answer: Yes
Question 2: Is it from Vengeance?
Answer: No
Question 3: Does it earn experience?
Answer: No
Question 4: Is it from Kingdom Rush?
Answer: Yes
Question 5: Does it have HP?
Answer: No
Question 6: Is it level specific?
Answer: No (not 100% sure)
Question 7: Is it a tower?
Answer: No
Question 8: Is it interactive?
Answer: No
Question 9: Is it directly related to gameplay?
Answer: Yes
Question 10: Is it a tower ability?
Answer: No
Question 11 and 12 remain unanswered.
Remember-It is not interactive. (Credit goes to RaZoR for asking that)
So, Vez'nan's staff is sort of related to gameplay... You could say that Vez'nan's staff silences your towers. However, you could also say that it is Vez'nan himself who silences your towers.
On the Elite Levels, Skeleton Piles, Trash, Zombie Grave, and the Poison Pool are directly related to gameplay and are non-interactive.
Perhaps a totem pole spawned by the Elder Shaman on Rage Valley?
The Graveyard and Magma Field should also be put into consideration. Remember, it could easily be a spell, or part of an upgrade tree. That's all for now, I hope you can help me brainstorm. RaZoR is extremely intellegent, so his help will be great.
Ninja, same goes to you.
I'll be back tomorrow... Bye, and good day to you.
8-)
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: Behind You

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests
cron