Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD: Too difficult

For the King!

Re: Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD: Too difficult

by Ninja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:45 am

sunnydaler wrote:
Ninja wrote:Eh, I just played it in Veteran with no stars and it's only somewhat difficult. Level 10 hero, though.

should have called all waves instantly, too. hehe.

I always do. :P
:hero:
User

by sunnydaler » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Ninja wrote:
sunnydaler wrote:
Ninja wrote:Eh, I just played it in Veteran with no stars and it's only somewhat difficult. Level 10 hero, though.

should have called all waves instantly, too. hehe.

I always do. :P

:o is it possible in Dust Chateau and Sunken Citadel, too? :o
I have to make some exceptions for a couple of waves in the Sunken Citadel; for example, the wave 12.
You know that wave 12 includes 3 Bloodshells that heads to the mainland.
The wave flag appears when Bluegales of wave 11 are still swimming in the sea.
In case of Dust Chateau, early waves are already difficult even if I don't call waves immediately. :cry:
Maybe I am a noob. Even early levels like Buccanners Den Heroic (hordes after hordes) and Lost Jungle Heroic (those Poukai Riders are killing me) give me trouble if I do so.

Btw, more often than not, I feel the game is made to call waves instantly. (Designers know what they are doing. 8-) )
And I try to do so but not always.
Sometimes, I don't call them instantly for tactical reasons.
1. To clear the field before Xyzzy appears
2. To time Core Drill right on the enemy I want.
Last edited by sunnydaler on Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Calling all waves instantly? It certainly makes it trickier on those levels, particularly Sunken Citadel, but it can be done.

I don't know about no stars on those levels if that's what you're asking, and frankly, I'm scared to try that. :P

Yeah, I feel the same. The game really feels more fun and more fluid when all waves are called early.
User

by tja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Many, many thanks!
That was educative and I did learn a lot.

You wouldn't believe, but I also never moved my Hero away from the last defense line - and you made him fight at the first rank.
I would have feared to badly need the hero at this lie.

Will watch this some more times!
User

by tja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:58 pm

But I need to add, that I don't realy like all those dynamic parts like, firerain, reinforcement troops and the heros.
This is not Tower Defense, for me - I would prefer those three 3 not as part of the games.
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:08 pm

tja wrote:But I need to add, that I don't realy like all those dynamic parts like, firerain, reinforcement troops and the heros.
This is not Tower Defense, for me - I would prefer those three 3 not as part of the games.

You’re correct that KR isn’t a “true” TD game because of those reasons and a couple others, but those dynamic elements are greatly praised for their innovative nature in what could be called a previously same-y genre, and they constitute what many consider to be the most essential elements of the franchise (including myself). You really just have to either grapple with that fact or play more old school TD games instead of KR.
User

by Knight_Artorias » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Same...this is also the first time I saw someone have this much trouble at the start. U are totally not going to like the Saurian levels in krf and the stages in kro where enemies travel thru gemstone paths. Regarding the crimson jungle, I would like to add that the more low level barracks u have in the left paths,the harder the stage will be...the savages heal up quite fast when they eat ur soldiers. Yes, KR has some RPG elements with the hero and consumables than other TD games but that's the reason why I fell in love with the franchise.
Also,every KR game,I upgrade the reinforcements first,they help a lot especially Tue ones in origins..those jaguar riding huntresses are strong as shit with med armour
User

Previous