Rising tides , burning torment and subaquatic menace

For the King!

Rising tides , burning torment and subaquatic menace

by Adit » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:03 am

Alright , there's three now. I haven't played the new levels yet due to lack of time and studies , but I want to know whether the levels are really difficult as I heard some people claiming it's more difficult than Pandemonium. Sure , Pandemonium was tough , but I honestly found Rising Tides to be overrated. It wasn't all that tough. So , here's a task :

Arrange the campaigns in the decreasing order of difficulty.
If you are born poor , it's not your mistake ; but if you die poor , you SUCK. XD.
User

Re: Rising tides , burning torment and subaquatic menace

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:08 am

Rising Tides
Subaquatic Menace
Burning Torment

That's on Veteran, as there is no Impossible mode for the other campaigns.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 am

When trying for hardest difficulty settings, no gems, NLL:

3. SM
2. RT
1. BT

Burning Torment is the hardest set of levels. Period. (Let's put it this way: If KR1 ever gets an impossible difficulty, BT might actually become impossible. :lol:)
RT and SM are interchangeable for me. Leaning toward RT being harder for me, though. All the enemies being right up in your face (i.e.: right next to the exit) the whole time is just too stressful.
:hero:
User

by Adit » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Ninja wrote:When trying for hardest difficulty settings, no gems, NLL:

3. SM
2. RT
1. BT

Burning Torment is the hardest set of levels. Period. (Let's put it this way: If KR1 ever gets an impossible difficulty, BT might actually become impossible. :lol:)
RT and SM are interchangeable for me. Leaning toward RT being harder for me, though. All the enemies being right up in your face (i.e.: right next to the exit) the whole time is just too stressful.

I agree with you about Burning Torment being the toughest. I remember that was the level which actually busted the shit out of me for the very first time , as I had to replay it bloody 15 times for passing it ! However , RT wasn't that hard. Obviously it was tougher than the usual levels , but not deserved to be called hardcore. I beat it in about 5 to 6 tries.

Let's see how SM works for me . :) That is , after I get free .... Sometime ... :(
If you are born poor , it's not your mistake ; but if you die poor , you SUCK. XD.
User

by Uranato » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:57 am

RT and SM are cake, compared to Burnin' Torment.

I still haven't figured out how to get past the first few waves in Panda without a guide :P
User

by Ninja » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 am

Uranato wrote:RT and SM are cake, compared to Burnin' Torment.

I still haven't figured out how to get past the first few waves in Panda without a guide :P

If you want some help from around here, then you should check out pages 1 and 2 of this thread. BBB and I helped belsidus04 to win with 3 stars (there’s very specific early game advice from me on the second page and just overall impressive strategy and Cerberus tips from BBB on page 1).

Ignore the humble beginnings of the Arc vs Sorc debate spread throughout the thread. :P
User

by sunnydaler » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:27 am

Burning Torment is extremely difficult in early waves but gets easier once your defense is mostly set.
Rising Tides can be hard until you get the hang of it. and the difficulty doesn't drop abruptly in later waves like BT.
I don't know Subaquatic Menace enough to talk about.
User

by Ninja » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:52 am

sunnydaler wrote:Burning Torment is extremely difficult in early waves but gets easier once your defense is mostly set.

For Pandaemonium I agree with that for the most part (there are a couple waves in the middlegame that are really tricky). On Pit of Fire, however, it’s just brutality all the way through.

Pandaemonium is only harder to me because the first few waves really are excruciatingly precise, and the boss is extremely hard unless you know that his AoE instakill only activates vs single units (he becomes a lot less threatening at that point).
User