Dwarf Fortress Challenge

For the King!

Dwarf Fortress Challenge

by razieltnt » Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 pm

:yey: Yupikayey! :yey:

Dwarves are really getting ready for KR2!

With all honor to the upcoming DWAARP (TM & R) and Mech (TM & R) many booze-soaked dwarven brains decided to throw a beerful crusade against Vez'nan. Many barrels were emptied during it, and these easily outnumbered the vast amount of enemies Kaboomed By Artillery, KBA (TM & R). But the stills were prosperous, dwarves stout and their artillery guns filled with NOT elves BUT gunpowder.

And so, here's the results! Brave dwarven SPIRITED soldiers fought off enemy waves, being led by Bolin, The NOT Lead Brewer BUT Farslayer!

:ugeek:
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

Re: Dwarf Fortress Challenge

by Loox » Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm all for using Bolin. He's my fav after Magnus.

But for those of us who play on ios...

Do you think I can pull this off without lightning and 3rd reinforcement... Even if I havejust 1 live to spare?
Avatar by RaZoR LeAf, with thanks
User

by razieltnt » Sat May 04, 2013 10:43 pm

without premium content?
sure :D and without hero, try it out :D

I was doing those levels with all towers on HARD without bonuses mentioned above (only campaign mode)

Can You suggest any nice tactics with Bolin involved ?
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by SJBlood » Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 pm

This is all I had time for right now :D
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by Loox » Sun May 05, 2013 12:36 am

razieltnt wrote:without premium content?
sure :D and without hero, try it out :D

I was doing those levels with all towers on HARD without bonuses mentioned above (only campaign mode)

Can You suggest any nice tactics with Bolin involved ?

I am doing the challenge with Bolin, campaign only for now and doing okay... I'm up to Lineria.

I find one of the best strategies with Bolin is to use him thus:
1. Its all about the mines! Have him in the back to start off, laying mines near the exit... This especially helps on levels with many wolfs and spiders.
2. His gun is great at killing gargoyles. By level 3 or so he can one shot them. This, plus reinforcements that can throw spears will hold off flying waves until Big Bertha or Tesla can help out. Also his gun has pretty far range. Basically I keep him near the exit. The less he moves and fights, the more he shoots and the more mines he lays down... Keep him still whenever you can (makes him good for those who like to play more hands-off with their heroes).
3. I rarely use him to fight one on one. I treat him as a ranged hero... Laying mines, shooting flying things (and other enemies, too), and his oil slick helps a lot on levels with rotten husks and graveyards.. A slow group of Tainted Treants and Swamp Things gives Teslas a few more shots!
4. Unlike other ranged heroes, if you see a proble coming and Bolin can walk fast enough, he can also tank until your reign of fire recharges.
User

by Cool » Tue May 07, 2013 10:59 am

Need more defense from dwarves tower? It's really ubber powerfull
User

by Loox » Tue May 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Cool wrote:Need more defense from dwarves tower? It's really ubber powerfull

But slow. Things like spiders, wolves, and skeletons slip through. Bolin can certainly help with that.
User

by spark123 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 am

Loox wrote:
Cool wrote:Need more defense from dwarves tower? It's really ubber powerfull

But slow. Things like spiders, wolves, and skeletons slip through. Bolin can certainly help with that.

With tesla overcharge nothing gets through at all (small enemies that is) :mrgreen:
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User