Key to Symbols?

For the King!

Key to Symbols?

by ladyhawke112 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:07 am

Happy New Year to all!

It was even happier to me because I discovered this game for my IPad yesterday and have apparently become addicted - and I have never played anything in this genre before.

Having said that, I am so sorry that my first post here is to express a frustration. I have searched and searched, but I cannot find a useful summary of the different game elements anywhere. I know there is that area called "Encyclopedia" in the game, but it is nearly useless to a rookie like me. I do not know what the description, "Summon Elemental," means. There is no key to the meanings of the different symbols on the right hand side of each page, at least that I could find. What is the difference between a grey shield and a blue one?

I am hoping that what I am looking for is easily found and simply eluded me. I am now at a very hard part and it seems that this information may be needed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help - and again, thanks for the great game and the Best of the New Year!
User

Re: Key to Symbols?

by Chimto » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:07 am

I have searched and searched, but I cannot find a useful summary of the different game elements anywhere.

If you didn't open all information cards, you can't understand them.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Epicazeroth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 am

What level are you at? You won't understand some of them until you reach the appropriate level.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by MLTQLD » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 am

Glad you are enjoying the game - he blue shields are magical armour and grey physical, summon elemental only applies to the highest level upgrade on the Mage tower (you will know it when you see it). If you are stuck on a level get more stars by completing heroic and iron challenges the upgrade the abilities that best suit the level you are stuck on.

Have fun
User

by dimumurray » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm

ladyhawke112 wrote:Happy New Year to all!
I have searched and searched, but I cannot find a useful summary of the different game elements anywhere. I know there is that area called "Encyclopedia" in the game, but it is nearly useless to a rookie like me. I do not know what the description, "Summon Elemental," means. There is no key to the meanings of the different symbols on the right hand side of each page, at least that I could find. What is the difference between a grey shield and a blue one?

I am hoping that what I am looking for is easily found and simply eluded me. I am now at a very hard part and it seems that this information may be needed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help - and again, thanks for the great game and the Best of the New Year!

There is an in-game tutorial (basically pop-ups in the first few levels) that explains all the basic elements as you play. At least that's how it works for the flash-based version. And you shouldn't worry too much about having specific "keys" to symbols. You'll learn as you go.
User

by ladyhawke112 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks to all who replied!

I am at level nine, attempting to fight J.T. That's when I realized that there were more powers available to the different towers, above the simple level upgrades.

Now I wonder how I managed to do that, getting three stars on all previous levels. It probably would have been easier had I known that I had more powers available. Perhaps it was all that champagne.

I did read all the information cards - I just did not realize I might need to memorize them or take notes! LOL!
User

by Vanzen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Nice observation LadyHawke112, the encyclopedia is lacking tooltips (since its a touch interface), maybe we should add some kind of "?" to help identify the various icons or a touch tooltip.
Ironhide Developer

by ladyhawke112 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:44 am

Vanzen,

Thank you for understanding what I was asking. I think any organized information would be helpful, even if it was just a method to re-read the information cards.

Again, I am the ultimate rookie. I never heard of your game before or played any defense game - if that is what they are called, until two days ago. I did not think I would ever consider playing a war game - but there were all those great reviews in the ITunes store. My only experience with your game is on an IPad2.

What I also need is a tower-war-gaming dictionary (and I absolutely do not expect this in any reality) because, as one example, I have no clue as to what a "melee attack" is. LOL!

Cheers!
User

by Julian » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:51 pm

ladyhawke112 wrote:What I also need is a tower-war-gaming dictionary (and I absolutely do not expect this in any reality) because, as one example, I have no clue as to what a "melee attack" is. LOL!

Hahaha ^^ With all respect, maybe an English dictionary could help,
even though your English seems quite good, I am sure you can find the meaning of such words there C:
'melee' means 'from a short distance', 'attack' means 'doing damage'.
So a 'melee attack', is something doing damage from a short distance. Like your barracks' soldiers do :D
(the opposite is a 'range attack', doing damage from a long distance, like your archers and mages do)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:38 pm

In games melee means short range, or for weapons, but usually it means an all-out every-man-for-himself fight with no rules or tactics or organization. Like a brawl.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User