Is Bruxa too OP

For the King!

Is Bruxa too OP

by spark123 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 am

She is by far the best free hero from either KR or KRF, but is she too good for a free hero? IMO Bruxa is better than a few of the paid heroes and her voodoo skill is ridiculously OP. I mean, it instakills almost all flying enemies, destroys zombies and can deal insane damage totals. On iron challenges where artillery is not available she can single handededly change the course of what happens during the game. She can also deal high single target damage from the floating skulls and throwing them.

What do you guys think? Is she OP or UP and should she be nerfed?
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

Re: Is Bruxa too OP

by Finwer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 am

Since I never played with Bruxa I will say.....welcome back old friend! :D
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Chimto » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 am

She's powerful, that's for sure. Fair enough, though, as she's the only top-tier hero accessible to non-paying players.
Last edited by Chimto on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

Re: Is Bruxa too OP?

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:47 am

spark123 wrote:She is by far the best free hero from either KR or KRF, but is she too good for a free hero? IMO Bruxa is better than a few of the paid heroes and her voodoo skill is ridiculously OP. I mean, it instakills almost all flying enemies, destroys zombies and can deal insane damage totals. On iron challenges where artillery is not available she can single handededly change the course of what happens during the game. She can also deal high single target damage from the floating skulls and throwing them.

What do you guys think? Is she OP or UP and should she be nerfed?

She's at the same level as Bonehart or Dante, can attack enemies while moving. She should be nerfed. She's basically my reason to not build artillery in Shadowmoon.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User

by spark123 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 am

She can deal enormous damage, especially in early levels where there are few different enemies. A major reason she is OP is that at lvl 10 she is almost complete air protection. Razorwings, wasps and bats should never get through on her watch. She's an air artillery and a land one, with her voodoo special basically an enormous DWAARP attack on the screen. If used correctly she destroys the battlefield. Bruxa is definitely up there with some of the $5.49 heroes but not as powerful as the dragons.

And finwer I've been checking in regularly just haven't posted in a while :D
User

by Finwer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 am

spark123 wrote:And finwer I've been checking in regularly just haven't posted in a while :D

I hope you will post more in the future. ;)
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:08 am

spark123 wrote:She can deal enormous damage, especially in early levels where there are few different enemies. A major reason she is OP is that at lvl 10 she is almost complete air protection. Razorwings, wasps and bats should never get through on her watch. She's an air artillery and a land one, with her voodoo special basically an enormous DWAARP attack on the screen. If used correctly she destroys the battlefield. Bruxa is definitely up there with some of the $5.49 heroes but not as powerful as the dragons.

She's better than Ashbite, definitely. And her skulls attack whie moving and then she also had the Dread Aura while moving, making her extremely powerful with micro.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:32 pm

She's ruined the game for me. I don't even play Frontiers anymore because I feel like $50 went to waste since Bruxa does what any other hero can do, twice as effectively.

I know that's an exaggeration, but she's ridiculously OP. Do the Nazeru's Gates iron challenge with her and tell me she's not OP. She obliterates enemies with an attack that basically halves the health of mobs across the entire screen. Not even Bonehart can do that. She also gets stronger simply by being near enemies that die, and enemies will die more often as she gets more skulls, meaning she gets stronger exponentially by simply STANDING near enemies. She slows nearby foes and slowly damages all of them, while also inflicting high armor ignoring damage to a single foe, obliterating even an Abomination in a minute or less. All of these things combined with her very quick heal rate and the faster respawn time in the game, and you've got an instant-win mode with her.

Either make her more crowd control-focused and weaken her, or make all of the other heroes better.
BBB

by Cybertox » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:15 pm

The only thing I know about her is that she looks very similar to Kerrigan.
User

by Krfan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:27 pm

I find alric more OP than bruxa.
User

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Krfan wrote:I find alric more OP than bruxa.

Bruxa is much better, faring well against single does and groups of enemies.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Krfan wrote:I find alric more OP than bruxa.

Alric can block 3 enemies with Sandwarriors and heal while they fight, but Bruxa doesn't need to heal because she's already inflicting +1,000 damage with her voodoo doll.
BBB

by spark123 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 pm

The Nazeru gates iron challenge and many more become redundant and easy when you use Bruxa. They almost all require no effort. I spent some of my free time trialling all heroes on level 2 by themselves to see if he hey could solo the level.

Bruxa was the only one who could get three stars, she's OP.
User

by The_Viking » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Ashbite wrote:
spark123 wrote:She can deal enormous damage, especially in early levels where there are few different enemies. A major reason she is OP is that at lvl 10 she is almost complete air protection. Razorwings, wasps and bats should never get through on her watch. She's an air artillery and a land one, with her voodoo special basically an enormous DWAARP attack on the screen. If used correctly she destroys the battlefield. Bruxa is definitely up there with some of the $5.49 heroes but not as powerful as the dragons.

She's better than Ashbite, definitely. And her skulls attack whie moving and then she also had the Dread Aura while moving, making her extremely powerful with micro.

Wow, I've never even played with her before. Maybe I should to see how OP she is. If you say she's definitely better than Ashbite, than she must be extremely OP! If she's that good, why hasn't she got attention about this before?
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by tmn loveblue » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:45 am

Bruxa don't have a skill to deal massive single target damage in an instance like most other heroes. I notice that makes her somewhat vulnerable. If one sized mook leak through then it would be tough for Bruxa to kill it quickly. But she is still OP.

Does her skulls really deal 1.5x base damage? That is OP!
User

by The_Viking » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 am

spark123 wrote:The Nazeru gates iron challenge and many more become redundant and easy when you use Bruxa. They almost all require no effort. I spent some of my free time trialling all heroes on level 2 by themselves to see if he hey could solo the level.

I solo'd level 2 with Ashbite, and I got 3 stars, 20 lives left...
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:36 am

Bruxa may not posses high DPS against a single foe, but her ability to wreck multiple enemies means that the player can focus on Archmages and Crossbow forts to make up for that, thus creating an unstoppable force against the enemy. She really is too strong compared to the other heroes.
BBB

by spark123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 am

The_Viking wrote:
spark123 wrote:The Nazeru gates iron challenge and many more become redundant and easy when you use Bruxa. They almost all require no effort. I spent some of my free time trialling all heroes on level 2 by themselves to see if he hey could solo the level.

I solo'd level 2 with Ashbite, and I got 3 stars, 20 lives left...

I didn't do it with the dragons yet, I just assumed they good haha
User

by Ashbite » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 am

Bruxa is way too OP. Try doing the Buccaneer's Den Iron, she needs basically no support for the beginning, or any cavern stage where she destroys flyers.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Ashbite wrote:Bruxa is way too OP. Try doing the Buccaneer's Den Iron, she needs basically no support for the beginning, or any cavern stage where she destroys flyers.

I wasn't even able to pass the iron challenge until I used her, then it become a cakewalk on even veteran. That's what she's for, but she's too good at her job, unless the other heroes get a buff.
BBB

Next