Kingdom Rush Level Difficulties (Opinions)

For the King!

Re: Kingdom Rush Level Difficulties (Opinions)

by razieltnt » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Chimto wrote:And Cerberus eats all of these for breakfast.

Fully upgraded paladins can tank Cerberus indefinetely.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Juice Box » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:17 pm

razieltnt wrote:

That's only testimony to how OP the Paladins are. It doesn't show that Cerby isn't tough or anything.
User

by razieltnt » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Juice Box wrote:
razieltnt wrote:

That's only testimony to how OP the Paladins are. It doesn't show that Cerby isn't tough or anything.

The point of my comment was, that Cerby isn't AS tough AS other bosses, who eat pallys for high-iron breakfast :)
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Chimto » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Giant enemies are not bosses.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by tmn loveblue » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Fully upgraded Paladins can still be killed by Cerberus, though it takes a while for the hound to do so. However, Paladins can tank all other giants due to the slower attack rate.
User

by Please Dont Ban Me » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:44 am

Fungal Forest Iron was very tough, because no Artillery or Archers, and SO MANY ROTSHROOMS.
I just want a signature.
User

Location: Spawning from a Poison Pool whenever a Earth Elemental is killed

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:09 am

Having to replay the games again, I must say that the Heroic Challenges on many levels tended to be the hardest amongst the 3 modes. Stormcloud Temple, Ruins of Acaroth, and Ancient Necropolis to name the most memorable.

Also, out of the Giant enemies, Bandersnatches are probably the toughest, as they have such high speed, an incredibly damaging ability, and the way they are spammed on the tiny path of Unseelie Court has made them get closer to exiting than any of the other Giants.
BBB

by AerisDraco » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:57 am

My most hated levels are:
KR: Fungal Forest and Pandaemonium
KRF: Lost Jungle (I don't know if I was doing something wrong, but at the end, a massive horde of enemies (mainly Gorillons) would come, make you use Rain of Fire, and then a second horde of Gorillons and generally Reapers/Parasytes would come.)
KRO: I dunno.
FYI, have any of you ever found that just spamming one tower can beat most of the game? (Rangers and Arcane Archers)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 am

AerisDraco wrote:FYI, have any of you ever found that just spamming one tower can beat most of the game? (Rangers and Arcane Archers)

Yes, especially with Sorcerers and Teslas. Frontiers and Origins are slightly better, though Crossbow Forts and AAs are still noticeably better than most towers in situations.
BBB

by AerisDraco » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:28 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can beat the entire campaign of KR with the Rangers.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by tmn loveblue » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:06 am

In Lost Jungle, you would want a Necromancer, a DWAARP and multiple Crossbows, combined with a trio of Templar at the very back just for catching the Parasytes. Alric is the best choice of hero, but any other strong, armored melee ones can do fine.
User

by Zonoro13 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:14 pm

I've changed my mind. Castle Blackburn is one of the four hardest levels, ever. Right up there with Dusk Chateau and Fungal Forest. Easier than Pandaemonium, but only very slightly. Campaign mode is harder than Winter Storm, Sarelgaz, Rise of the Bandits, Acaroth, and Rotten Forest, but still not in the top five or anything. Heroic and Iron, however, are utter and total BS; on casual mode, it took me hours to figure out a workable strategy. Iron isn't even possible as far as I'm concerned. The steam version is a completely different level, and sends out no sheep, and gives you a free sorcerer. Mobile version has sheep with insane speed. I can't even kill the very first sheep that comes along, it flies through with over half health.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by MisterX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:I've changed my mind. Castle Blackburn is one of the four hardest levels, ever. Right up there with Dusk Chateau and Fungal Forest. Easier than Pandaemonium, but only very slightly. Campaign mode is harder than Winter Storm, Sarelgaz, Rise of the Bandits, Acaroth, and Rotten Forest, but still not in the top five or anything. Heroic and Iron, however, are utter and total BS; on casual mode, it took me hours to figure out a workable strategy. Iron isn't even possible as far as I'm concerned. The steam version is a completely different level, and sends out no sheep, and gives you a free sorcerer. Mobile version has sheep with insane speed. I can't even kill the very first sheep that comes along, it flies through with over half health.

iOS is much much more difficult, especially blackburn heroic and iron.

iron has no sorcerer and i couldn't manage to click flying sheeps to death. don't know if they fly faster.

spectral knights doesn't grant you 40 gold if they are released after a fallen knight dies, the steam version gives you that additional 40 gold.
User

by Krfan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Steam players have it easy....
User

by MisterX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:54 pm

I do not think this was intended, therefore i posted this in the bug section
User

by Dim_Q_Knight » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Why is everybody calling "Twin Rivers" (campaign/heroic/iron) one of the hardest levels of KR??? I did both the campaign and the iron challange on veteran easietly, without using items from the dwarven shop! Like serious, I find it quite an easy level.

For Campaign: Throw in good artilary at the very start of the route, and reinforce the chokepoint with barracks. Add a mage tower, and you're set. Just upgrade it all, and gradually expand at the very end of the route.

Ror Iron: Use all building slots for archers, except for the two at the very end of the route. Build barracks there. Upgrade the two archers closest to the end of the route. Ensure good use of reinforcements and rain of fire, and enjoy the onslaught of goblins and wolfs!
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Dim Q Knight, firstly I think it can be difficult for both players developing their own strategies and players who have already established their own strategy - for instance completing this level made me fundamentally rework what I wanted to and supplement my usual mages and archers with more barracks and artillery than I am used to.

Secondly, thread necromancy of topics that died 2 years ago isn't looked upon that well
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by sunnydaler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 am

I only played the original KR.
On Steam, I think it becomes easier with mouse control, keyboard hotkeys, and big screen.
For example, Rotten Forest Iron is no trouble on Steam but feels very hard on the other platforms.
But still, I feel reluctant to play some challanges even on Steam; Dark Tower Iron, Icewind Pass Heroic, Ancient Necropolis Campaign, Pandaemonium Heroic to name a few.
Last edited by sunnydaler on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by sunnydaler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 am

As of today I completed all KR and KRF campaigns in veteran mode.

For Pandaemonium and the Sunken Citadel campaigns, I needed a real strategy on which towers to build and when to upgrade them regarding what enemies come in which waves. Even nowadays I cannot pull them off without memorization.
On the other hand, at least in my experience, Dusk Chateau isn't that difficult to be considered along side those two. It doesn't require such intense forward thinking and management to get it done. I remember Ancient Necropolis and Castle Blackburn gave me much more trouble.

but as you know, how difficult a challenge is has little to do with its quality or fun. Burning Torment is not only difficult but also tiring (Pandaemonium) and boring (Pit of Fire), whereas Rising Tdes and Shadowmoon are inspiring and enjoyable.
User

by KREN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 am

Sunken Citadel remains the bane of my existence, to this day. I still play it every day and it's still not easy.
User

PreviousNext