Best tower for each of the 4 classes

For the King!

Best tower for each of the 4 classes

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:58 am

Which tower is the best tower its class (including all games)

e.g: Paladins are the best barracks of all games, Sorcerors are the best Mage tower for all games and so on

And what is the best tower Special tower is the best.
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User

Re: Best tower for each of the 4 classes

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:24 am

Barrack: Forest Keepers

Mage: People will have varying opinions, but for me it is the High Elven Mage for the most original abilities and diverse playstyle.

Artillery/Druid: Arch-Druid Henge

Archer: Arcane Archers

Special Tower: Shrine of Regnos
User

by Kiran Maxxan Renx » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:37 am

Archer: Golden Longbows

Mage: Wild Magus

Barracks: Forest Keepers

Artillery: Arch-Druid Henge

Special: Shrine of Regnos
My KR ideas: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5017

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzcXL4q9AM

Men with beard possess telepathy.
User

by Mr_Lamington_Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 am

Archer: Golden Longbows

Mage: Sorceror

Artillery: Big Bertha

Barracks: Bladesingers

Special: Shrine of Regnos (swap the n with the s in Regnos you get Reg'son)
I'm a Canadian Wolf crossed with an Aussie Lamington and a German accent
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:26 am

:lol: I know about that letter switch. It is probably intended.

With all upgrades bought, I think I would choose Golden Longbows over Arcane Archers, however both are still equally appeal to me ;)
User

by Juice Box » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:58 am

Archers: Golden Longbows, no doubt. All the other ranged towers (except for the Musketeer) are pretty good, but the Golden Longbows just sort of stand out. Firstly, they can attack enemies from afar, which is super-useful to support your other towers. And they have a pretty decent fire rate when an enemy goes near them, too. Though, I myself never use Hunter's Mark all that much, since I try to limit how much I spend on a single tower, and Crimson Sentence is enough to make the tower more OP than it already is.

Mage: Wild Magus, because they're good at everything. Supporting towers, taking on mooks, and taking on damage sponges, they've got all that solved. They're great for taking on really tough enemies since they gain more damage over time. They're also great for taking on hordes because, you know, they shoot really freaking fast. Eldritch Doom is also useful as both an anti-mook and anti-sponge. Lastly, tons of enemies in KR:O have spells. Hah, literally only the Twilight Golem in the Twilight army doesn't have a spell. This makes Ward of Disruption all the more useful, since it'll almost always come in handy.

Artillery: This bit is actually sort of difficult, because the Tesla, Bertha, and Mecha are all really OP and make up for the huge costs required to build them. So, I'm stuck.

Barracks: Paladins. Not even a second doubt, Paladins. They're not all that expensive to fully upgrade. And almost nothing gets past them when they're fully-upgraded. Quite literally. They won't even need support anymore, because Holy Strike happens really often and does really good damage. The only downside to these guys is that they'll need some micro when they fight ranged units, and they can't hit flying enemies at all. But otherwise, yeah, this is a really small downside, since they can beat even three Dark Slayers at the same time in just a few moments.

Special Tower: Iuno. None of them are really all that good, in my opinion. The Dwarven Bastion comes close, though, because of their ridiculously high damage.
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:15 pm

According to Juice Box's great explanation on her choices, I think I am convinced:

Archers: Golden Longbows. The Crimson Sentence ability is among the best skill ever exist in-game. The instant kill chance is really satisfying when applied on gigantic foes, like Avengers and Bandersnatches. Especially Avengers, with all that armor and all that health, all that might, yet they still die in one-shot. How powerful that shot must be.

Barracks: A tough choice between Paladins and Forest Keepers. The former, is my favorite tower in both KR and KRF, however the latter has far more diverse play style, yet lack durability. Thanks to the polished graphic of KRO, Forest Keepers appeal me more, so this is probably biased choice, but I'd still go for Forest Keepers, for massively OP Ancient Oak Spears, Eerie Gardener, and the hyper-creative area healing effect of Circle of Life.

"Reap what you sow"

Mage: Still High Elven Mage. No matter how many people complain about their seemingly mediocre DPS, to me this wizard is the most powerful in all 6 advanced mages in the series. Calculated out, without any upgrades, a High Elven Mage deals a total of 66-118 magic damage, at a fire rate faster than Sorcerers and Archmages, giving him even better DPS than the latter. With two Arcane Sentinels, he can dish out over 86-158 magic damage, as well as dealing even more with Timelapse. Any isolated foe won't survive for long in the lines of fire.

Artillery/Druid: Arch-Druid Henge. Not quite as strong as Tesla, Big Bertha or Weirdwood, but he is great with his two companions, summoning RUned Bears and supporting choke points with Sylvan Curse. The most creative concept in all 6 advanced Artilleries/Druids.
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:01 pm

honestly, i cant decide which is the best tower of each class, each tower works for various combinations (golden longbows have been better in some circumstances for example than arcane archers, but vice versa is also true, slightly more often the latter happens for me but yeah...) , i can only list here my favourite towers to use:

Barrack: assasins

Archers: Ranger fort (either this or the axe throwers, i love their voices and the totems are pretty awesome)

Mage: Necromancer (without a shadow of a doubt, those skeletons are just way too cool! I enjoy building up a giant army of them :D ... :shock: we so need a necromancer hero!!)

Artillery: Arch-Druid Henge (curse, bears and lifting rocks with their will.. or telekenises.. or some other fantasy power :lol: i dunno! looks cool either way)

OP towers are good and all, its why people like paladins so much, but its like boneheart, they arent always as much fun or inventive as other towers (or heros in bonehearts case). the assasins won it for me because of their cloaking.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by SairiRM » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Archers: Rangers Hideout.
Mage: Between the Sorcerer Tower and Wild Magus.
Artillery: Tesla x104.
Barracks: Holy Order and Assassins.
Special: Dwarven Bastion.
User

by Krfan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Mage: Still High Elven Mage. No matter how many people complain about their seemingly mediocre DPS, to me this wizard is the most powerful in all 6 advanced mages in the series. Calculated out, without any upgrades, a High Elven Mage deals a total of 66-118 magic damage, at a fire rate faster than Sorcerers and Archmages, giving him even better DPS than the latter. With two Arcane Sentinels, he can dish out over 86-158 magic damage, as well as dealing even more with Timelapse. Any isolated foe won't survive for long in the lines of fire.

How'd you arrive at 66-188 damage? And how much damage does a sentinel deal per second and per attack?
User

by Juice Box » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:34 pm

The main bolt deals 41-74 damage. The two other bolts deal 10-20.
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Mistake, 61-118. Each Sentinel deals 10-20 damage per attack, and they seem to shoot at an average fate.
User

by Grifte » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Archers: Crossbow Fort
Mage: Sorcerer Tower
Artillery: Arch-Druid Henge
Barracks: Paladins
Special: I really liked the Genie tower in KR:F.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Barracks: Paladins. Pure power, awesome design, and they make me feel more safe with a tower than any other barrack. Quotes are cool, and they serve their surprisingly fun tanky purpose very well. No tower can substitute for them.

I almost picked Assassins, but they are actually easily destroyed in pretty much all of the Elite Stages, and since barracks were at their most UP in Frontiers, I can't pick them.

Archers: Rangers Hideout. All the Archer towers are great in my opinion, but these ones stand out. While Mages dealt with strong enemies and Teslas killed the weak ones, Rangers made every tower so much more powerful by slowing down enemies and killing off weaker ones. The concept of it is cool, and seeing the execution of it is even more awesome because of how quickly many foes die.

I almost picked Arcane Archers, because while Golden Longbows are good for long-range instakills, they seem too similar to Musketeers, and do far less damage at close range. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that yet. Arcane Archers are just great, with their raw power letting tem handle things themselves, and yet are also capable of supporting towers through stunning a strong enemy and weakening magic defense. They just aren't as thematically awesome or visually appealing as Rangers.

Mages: Archmage. The fact that I never buy Twister and still want this tower on nearly every stage shows how good it is. Critical Mass is a nice, cheap way to get better damage, though the damage bonus is a bit minimal until the final upgrade. Charging up 3 bolts at once was one of the things that made me so excited for Frontiers in the 1st place. :mrgreen:

I almost chose Wild Magus, because while HEMs deal good damage, Sentinels are too expensive for the low damage bonus, even with the extra range. Wild Magus also has an Instakill that damages other nearby foes A LOT, often killing weaker ones in the process. The bonus over time is great, too, but not as life-saving as the Archmage.

Artillery: Tesla. I would not have beat Pandaemonium without you, Tesla! People say it's OP, but I can't find a way to beat cartain levels without it. I think it's balanced, just necessary to be used very often in levels. The AOE is so cool and satisfying to hear, along with wrecking many types of enemies, and the lightning beam is also really great. I love how this tower can handle itself so well without needing support, though having a Rangers Hideout and Paladins with a Tesla is nearly unbeatable.

I almost picked the DWAARP, because I love towers with a full-range AOE, but it is unfortunately too expensive.
BBB

by MisterX » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Special: Dark Forge!!!
Did you notice that the lightning can jump over to Frankie and heal him?
User

by Saurian » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Marksmen: Ranger's Hideout. Probably highest dps overall the marksmen, these badasses also hit armored enemies hard with poison, targeting necromancers outright (best part imo) and a decent 3s root with true damage, wiping out mid-health foes.

Magicmen: Archmage Tower. DAT DPS. Great passive, especially when one big enemy comes. With Critical Mass, it also SHREDS grouped armored enemies. Whirlwind ability is also a kind of Timelapse, with a move up the path. Didn't you ever spam these in Endless?

Barracks: Assassin's Guild. Cheap and versatile, these hidden guys can do their job perfectly even with one upgrade or none. %70 dodge with a 40-44 counter attack for 350g, true damage attack for 225g, and a built in SPLAT! with a %5 chance (it happens more than that i swear) with a Pickpocket (if you upgrade this at the start it gathers itself quickly)

Artillery: DWAARP. Yes tesla overcharge is OP, but so is that babe. Its Furnace Blast is the real damage you want to see, also destroying Saurian Nightscales, Fallens, most other Saurians, most Savages, Zombies, and everything. Aaand if you get rich and pick a Core Drill, when it goes to Saurian Brute remember to scream HOME RUN!

(Looks like I don't like Origins towers but here's my tie)

Special Tower: Tied between Dwarvren Barracks and Renegade Post.

Dwarves were always my favorite Race in the KR Universe (behind gnomes ofc). Their skill set represents (kind of) Paladins with less but sustained damage, increasing their attack to 27-33 was pretty nice. What makes them is Dwarfweiser, trolling enemies behold with a great animation.

Renegade post on the other hand is my favorite thing in Origins. Blade Mail is a superb ability especially against Sons of Macatans, and with some Harrassers targeting him, he simply takes damage, reflects it to the spidey, healing with his lifestealer strike and killing it, and moving into another enemy while dodging the rest of the harrassing arrows. Cool move. With cool attacks. It's also nice for them to have a stock ranged attack. Really hard to decide.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User

by Draconian » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Archer Towers: Ranger's Hideout
While the Arcane Archers and Golden Longbow are great towers, I think the Hideout trumps them thanks to solid DPS and exellent abilities. Poison Arrows in particular makes this the best tower after the Tesla for taking out Necromancers and Demons.

Mage Towers: Archmage Tower
The highest DPS of any tower in the game makes this tower an absolute beast, Critical Mass turns it into a magical bombard tower, Twister is like teleport exept it deals damage, and the ability to charge up to three bolts is a jewel in the crown of this king of all mages.

Barracks Towers: Forest Keepers
Origins towers have ranged attacks, making this tower more versatile as it is upgraded, and Ancient Oak Spears deals obscene damage. Erie Gardener is great against spiders, and Circle of life is like Healing Life with an AOE.

Bombard Towers: Tesla x104
Overpowered. Good DPS. Perfect crowd control. 'Nuff said.

Special Towers: Dragon Nest
It's like having another hero for only 250 gold. That is amazing! Dwarf Bastions and Halls are also great, because they're free. Genies are nice as well. Yes Master! As You Wish!
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Zonoro13 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Barracks: Tie between Paladins and Forest Keepers. Awesomeness personified, and everyone loves true damage crowd control.

Archers: Tie between Arcane Archers and Golden Longbows. I liked the other archers, particularly the Rangers, but Origins' archers were amazingly done. Burst Arrows wrecked flying enemies and Crimson Sentence was the shit.

Mages: Archmage.

Artillery: Tesla.

Special Tower: Renegades. "Wedge Formation!"
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by EngineerEd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Archer: Ranger Hideout easily for me. Mostly for the ability to root enemies in place.

Mage: I haven't played enough KRF (playing through now), but of KR and KRO I'd have to say Wild Magus probably, has OHKO as does Arcane Mage (although maybe on a longer cooldown...), multi smart targeted silence is a godsend at times, especially with all the dark elves in KRF. The explosive component of the OHKO is useful for flying enemies.

Artillery/Druid: Arch-Druid for me. Tesla is probably straight up better (can hit air, can kill all weak mob enemies, etc.) but Arch Druid is my favorite because the runed bear is the tankiest blocking unit in KRO, and you can get two of them per tower. Also it's awesome that it can save up 3 attacks, and it's nice that a conventional artillery unit can fire at a reasonable rate.

Barracks: Paladins or Forest Keepers. Paladins are the best conventional infantry. Only weakness is inability to hit air. Otherwise you get 3 of them, they have high armor, they heal themselves, and they hit for area pure damage, what's not to like. Forest Keepers deal massive ranged pure damage, can slow groups of enemies, can heal themselves and nearby allies (like runed bears and your hero). Disadvantage of Forest Keeper is that you only get 2 of them, no armor, attack slowly.
User

by Marethyu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 am

Archer: Golden Longbow

Mage: High Elven Mage (SENTINELS :mrgreen: )

Barracks: Forest Keepers

Artillery: Weirdwood (THE DESIGN THO)

Special Tower: I'd have to go with the Pirate Tower thingy in Deep Devils. THE BOMBER PARROT YA KNOW.
"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them."
Mitch Hedberg
User

Next