A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:48 pm

How about this. Without the devs' knowledge, we will have our own contest, of a more standard form. Everyone who votes agrees to support the winning hero in the official hero contest, and vote for that hero's characteristics, thus causing that hero to win.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:How about this. Without the devs' knowledge, we will have our own contest, of a more standard form. Everyone who votes agrees to support the winning hero in the official hero contest, and vote for that hero's characteristics, thus causing that hero to win.

No. How ridiculously one sided and unfair that sounds, it is not up to you to dictate to other members of the community that they should back a certain entry.

Besides, Read the first post again.

"You are the first to know"

In other words, they are going to post about tis on facebook and twitter, and invite anyone else who wants to take part to come to the forums (I expect, you can't have two polls for the same thing running at te same time) and help make the hero. That means new people, who want nothing to do with picking a female elf barbarian or a gorgon just because someone thought it up and decided that's what the rest of the community should want.
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:58 am

Zonoro13 wrote:How about this. Without the devs' knowledge, we will have our own contest, of a more standard form. Everyone who votes agrees to support the winning hero in the official hero contest, and vote for that hero's characteristics, thus causing that hero to win.

People could just argue why they think choice B would be better than choice A on their own thread, rather than do a complicated contest to make that decision.

Anyways, I know that 1st bit was meant for me. I'm not directing my concern towards Ironhide, though I do think it's possible to avert the possibilities of a mess of a hero by simply making it more contest-like. I only worry that people's mixed opinions and stubbornness will hinder the hero since they aren't putting enough thought into things. At least, though, there is the possibility that people actually will collaborate properly and behave maturely. All to do now is wait and see whether or not this community is capable...
BBB

by Juice Box » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:04 am

Whoa, whoa.

The Facebook and Twitter people will find out about this, too?

... Dang. I wanted this to be a community thing.
User

by MisterX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:34 am

I think it is fair if everybody can participate in this...
How much people do you see here in this community...
Facebook has much more user for example and if you consider that a bunch of peolpe play kro it would be akward if just some community members (us) would decide which hero we will get...
I think it should be announced in each channel IGS uses, i do not care if we will vote here or somewhere else but it should be possible to vote once (only once) for each user each time we get a poll with options.
I am pretty curious about the way it will work because people could create multiple accounts (here or facebook) for example.

Edit

I think it would be cool if the contest would take place here at the forum because we would get new community members and some would hopefully stay here after the contest and discuss stuff about the kr series so we would get more active members... just an idea...
It should be announced for everyone and everyone should take part in it but it would be cool to have lots of new people here
Last edited by MisterX on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by MalikHammerfury » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:49 am

Hey people whats wrong with you ? :? end of the day they are also part of our community . There are a lot of people whose love this game more than as but still dont use forums . I am for democratic elections on Facebook . perhaps at the end it would be mixture hero that some of us will like it some of us will hate or other part even dont care ... but good news is - this guy will be free :D
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User

by MisterX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:01 am

I do not use facebook a lot but i wouldn't have a problem with it.
A lot of people should vote.
If a poll is created i see often that it is possible to vote more then once, is this the same case for facebook?
Sry. i have no clue about it^^
User

by Juice Box » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 am

Ehh, I just have a problem with Facebook and Twitter users. People there are usually pretty immature. I don't want trolls in this community.

I'm pretty serious about that immature bit. I've seen a well-off gaming community get torn apart because of crappy Facebook users. Obviously, the same can't happen to Ironhide, but still. I don't want to see it go through any conflict because of this.

If Ironhide encourages Facebook/Twitter users to go here and vote, then it'd better remind them of the rules.
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi there,

Just a few clarifications.
We will hold the polls on our own webpage, and will only use Facebook and Twitter to let people know. I will post the voting link here, so you guys won't even have to go to Facebook or Twitter to vote.

People will be allowed to vote only once per question. Of course there is always someone who will try to cheat... it's predictable, and therefore solvable.

We will invite people to join the forums (we always do), but in the end, I don't really think this community will be overloaded with new people. In any forums, only a handful of newcomers stays for real. I don't expect things to be different now. If a newcomer turns out to be a massive douche that disrupts everything, we will make that person have and "accident" and be found floating down the river. Volcano Girl can help.

About this...

... I personally disagree with this method, since I feel it goes against the spirit of the whole thing. Also, it's IMPOSSIBLE to do things without OUR knowledge. WE-ARE-EVERYWHERE. MUAHAHAHAH. :twisted:
User

by The_Viking » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:09 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:

No. How ridiculously one sided and unfair that sounds, it is not up to you to dictate to other members of the community that they should back a certain entry.

Besides, Read the first post again.

"You are the first to know"

In other words, they are going to post about tis on facebook and twitter, and invite anyone else who wants to take part to come to the forums (I expect, you can't have two polls for the same thing running at te same time) and help make the hero. That means new people, who want nothing to do with picking a female elf barbarian or a gorgon just because someone thought it up and decided that's what the rest of the community should want.

Just to clarify, I don't want you to think that I am "demanding" the gorgon idea... I was simply suggesting it. ;)
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by warbot1000 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:58 pm

just posting here to make it come on my egosearch.

Looking forward to this even though i don't have the game.
I can use a hero I helped make when i go to my cousins house though :(

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by billakoz16 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Working on my shaman...
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:01 pm

billakoz16 wrote:Working on my shaman...

Work all you like, it doesn't mean anything. You did READ the thread right? You don't make an individual hero yourself.
Yes it's me

by Draconian » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:15 pm

I know that the hero will probably be formed from the ground up, but I think it would make sense for different concepts to be submitted for approval, and then the community would help refine the specifics. I think that process would lead to a more focused hero, rather then a mishmash of dozens of unrelated opinions.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by razieltnt » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Alright, if we cannot suggest a whole hero, why would not we suggest a part of he/she?
Maybe post here interesting ideas about classes , races, special skills, etc.

Gorgon is a nice race suggestion, drider is nice, too.

Interesting classes would be psionics (these guys utillize power of mind on the battlefield), shamans (we dont have one, yes?) or tavern brawlers.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Draconian wrote:I know that the hero will probably be formed from the ground up, but I think it would make sense for different concepts to be submitted for approval, and then the community would help refine the specifics. I think that process would lead to a more focused hero, rather then a mishmash of dozens of unrelated opinions.

I love how everyone keeps making suggestions for how they THINK the contest should be held, when it's already been decided how it will be conducted.
Yes it's me

by MisterX » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:04 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Draconian wrote:I know that the hero will probably be formed from the ground up, but I think it would make sense for different concepts to be submitted for approval, and then the community would help refine the specifics. I think that process would lead to a more focused hero, rather then a mishmash of dozens of unrelated opinions.

I love how everyone keeps making suggestions for how they THINK the contest should be held, when it's already been decided how it will be conducted.

Approved/Agreed

We should be happy that we will get a contest even if it won't be held like some of the communiy members would like

It is good that some people give thought to sth. but hey, the contest will already start tomorrow
User

by awesomejoon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:06 am

FINALLY GOT MY PROFILE PICTURE BACK UP
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User

by Draconian » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:19 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Draconian wrote:
I know that the hero will probably be formed from the ground up, but I think it would make sense for different concepts to be submitted for approval, and then the community would help refine the specifics. I think that process would lead to a more focused hero, rather then a mishmash of dozens of unrelated opinions.

Approved/Agreed

We should be happy that we will get a contest even if it won't be held like some of the communiy members would like

It is good that some people give thought to sth. but hey, the contest will already start tomorrow

Don't get me wrong- I am super exited that the contest is being held, it really shows just how awesome the devs can be. Letting the community's opinions directly affect their product is the mark of an amazing company. I was simply expressing my opinion on how I would have liked the contest to be run in a near-perfect world. I'm sure that whatever the community decides on, the hero will be great, and even if it isn't, who can say no to a free hero?
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Finwer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:15 am

awesomejoon wrote:FINALLY GOT MY PROFILE PICTURE BACK UP

Who is in it? :hero:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

PreviousNext