A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by MalikHammerfury » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:51 pm

I would like to see human hero thats why chose Humanoid but i am feeling regrets now couse everybody obessed with elves so humans no chanse . If i could take back time i would choose creatures and automatically escape from stupid elves . GO CREATURES !!! I would like see kentavros there !

P.S Constructs also better than Humanoid
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User

by Juice Box » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:Elves are cooler,

Opinion, you can't use that in an arguement.

reproduce more slowly, are more attractive and tall than humans, are better at archery, and are more conservative.

Source? Elves originate from Norse mythology (note, mythology. You can't be racist against fictional races), so please source that and not Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, or anywhere else you are basing your knowledge of Elves on.

Why not? KR is mostly based off Lord of the Rings/Warcraft, and not Norse Nythology. Using sources that seems related to the original context but isn't actually at all (they really only have the same names) seems a bit nonsensical.

Also, that first bit from Zonoro wasn't from an argument.
User

by FoxDP011 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Creature-922
Humanoid 921
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o
Sir,that's not your cheeseburger >:/
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:07 pm

MalikHammerfury wrote:I would like to see human hero

Why? They're the most used race by a huge amount. There are only three elves.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Juice Box wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:Elves are cooler,

Opinion, you can't use that in an arguement.

reproduce more slowly, are more attractive and tall than humans, are better at archery, and are more conservative.

Source? Elves originate from Norse mythology (note, mythology. You can't be racist against fictional races), so please source that and not Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, or anywhere else you are basing your knowledge of Elves on.

Why not? KR is mostly based off Lord of the Rings/Warcraft, and not Norse Nythology. Using sources that seems related to the original context but isn't actually at all (they really only have the same names) seems a bit nonsensical.

Also, that first bit from Zonoro wasn't from an argument.

But you are discussing elves in general, not a specific reimagining of elves. The question was what is the difference between humans and elves. In general.
Yes it's me

by FoxDP011 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:31 pm

HAHA.The hero turns to be a creature.
Sir,that's not your cheeseburger >:/
User

by billakoz16 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:39 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
But you are discussing elves in general, not a specific reimagining of elves. The question was what is the difference between humans and elves. In general.

Get ready:
-No illness
-Much more intelligent
-Much more strong (physically and magically)
-Undying
-Wiser
-Elves are much slower in progress
-Elves are much more nostalgic of the past
-Elves gain greater sadness from losses
-Elves are not very keen explorers when it's not necessary
-Elves are much more loose politically (live and let live) but to achieve that and still remain an organised faction their politics are very complex, with their map of influence being game of thrones x1000
-Elves generally have fewer bonds, are more lonely and withdrawn, except when they are celebrating
-Elves are rapidly changing between moods
-Elves are generally either very diplomatic or very easy to offend
-Elves have no religion
-Elves replenish their population much much slower
-Elves are incredibly protective towards kids
-Elven kids are few (long lives ,slow reproduction) and raised by all even though mainly by their parents
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by Juice Box » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 pm

If you're saying the "main difference" between Elves and Humans "in general," then... Billakoz is actually right.

EDIT:

MalikHammerfury wrote:I would like to see human hero thats why chose Humanoid but i am feeling regrets now couse everybody obessed with elves so humans no chanse . If i could take back time i would choose creatures and automatically escape from stupid elves . GO CREATURES !!! I would like see kentavros there !

P.S Constructs also better than Humanoid

Urgh, that's probably the tenth time you've insulted the Elves and showed love for the humans.

You don't like Elves, and you're willing to ignore a chance for a very small list of three Elven heroes to get bigger so you can get a sixteenth Human hero. We get it. But could you please, be mindful of your words? Because there are some people here who actually like them, and more importantly, respect the fact that you don't. It would be nice if that respect was mutual. We have opinions of our own, too.
User

by Draconian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Reg'son. You forgot him.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Draconian wrote:

Reg'son. You forgot him.

We've established Reg'son is not an elf, he's a twilight elf, an entirely different race.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Draconian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

We've established Reg'son is not an elf, he's a twilight elf, an entirely different race.

An elf is an elf, no matter how badass.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Draconian wrote:

You didn't read my post. Twilight elves are not elves.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by The_TaTs » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
Draconian wrote:

You didn't read my post. Twilight elves are not elves.

Yes they are. BEcause they have pointy ears and blonde hair and they dance Disco music.

One of this facts is totally made up. :o
User

by Draconian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:27 pm

The blond hair is made up.

Disco, heh... I think I could get along with them.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
Draconian wrote:

Reg'son. You forgot him.

If Reg'son is an entirely different race and not considered an elf, then neither would any other kind of elf, other than a plain old white skinned, fair haired, run of the mill elf like Eridan. An elf hero would have to be just a regular elf. No eastern mongol styled (different species, not counted as an elf),and no cloud living wind elementalist (different species, not considered an elf).

I also petition that we stop referring to Twilight Elves as Elves altogether. Twilight Badguys? Twilight Humans? Twilight Notelves?

let's see what other popular works consider their versions of Twilight Naughtyfolk to be

In Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy fictional universe, the Dark Elves are a race of harsh, warlike and vicious elves.

In Norse mythology, Dökkálfar (Old Norse "Dark Elves", singular Dökkálfr) and Ljósálfar (Old Norse "Light Elves", singular Ljósálfr) are two contrasting types of elves;

The Moriquendi (singular Moriquendë: also named the Hisildi and Kaliondi) are the Elves of Darkness. They are, in essence, the Elves that did not join the Great Journey over the sea and behold the light of the Two Trees in Valinor

The drow (/ˈdraʊ/[1][2] or /ˈdroʊ/)[3] or dark elves are a generally evil, dark-skinned subrace of elves in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game.[4]

Whilst we're at it, we'd best class Ingvar as a shapeshifter rather than a human as he morphs into a different species (that's not normal behaviour for a regular human, as Ingvar hasn't demonstrated any kind of standard magical abilities like the other mages), and Dante as an Immortal rather than a human since he can die, exist as a ghost then return to life which no other human hero can really do.

Also Bonehart isn't a dragon, it's a reanimated skeleton, not really a living being at all. So a necrotic construct maybe?

Nobody has ever seen Vez'nan's face, so he could be anything for all we know (like an elf!)

Finwer wrote:It is just me or the heroes at the top of the voting page are misplaced?
Also we shouldn't update the wiki with the news about the content and all?

I will chart is progress and update the wiki accordingly.
Yes it's me

by Zonoro13 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:10 am

That's a good argument, I concede. Reg'son is a kind of elf.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by ngue02 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:20 am

Humanoid 1059 32%
Creature 1151 35%
Construct 1038 32%

Wow! This is much closer than I expected!
This is a great community. I am very grateful to be a part of it, and I hope that it continues to stay this great. I have witnessed some great online communities simply break down, and I truly wish that it will never happen here. :star:
User

by Juice Box » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:46 am

Zonoro wrote:That's a good argument, I concede. Reg'son is a kind of elf.

Ehh, it has its flaws. I mean, with his Ingvar logic, Alric and Cronan technically aren't human either. And his Eridan logic implies that the firstlevel barracks and the mages, including Arivan, are not Elves. He seems to be forgetting that abilities still technically have a role in who the hero is.

Though the middle portion of his post still has me quite convinced, nonetheless, because this bit makes more sense, so, yeah, Reg'son's an elf.

It should also follow, then, though, that Ignus, Elora, and Lucrezia are all humans, as well, meaning that the ratio is no longer 1 Elven hero every 5 human heroes, but instead 1 Elven hero every 4.75 human heroes. Which is... an improvement, I suppose...

Anyways, regarding the actual contest, it's sad to see the humanoid option on the losing side, but oh well. So long as he's fun and original, and not a tangled mass of weirdness, then I'll love him anyway.

Unless he is related to Catha.

Because obviously Catha is a creature and cannot be considered a humanoid due to her foul nature.

If that is the case then I am afraid I will have another person on my To-Throw-Into-A-Volcano list.
User

by awesomejoon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:24 am

Jesus Titan munching Christ! 3000 votes
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User

by billakoz16 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:That's a good argument, I concede. Reg'son is a kind of elf.

It is proven, iron bends too.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

PreviousNext