A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Saurian » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 pm

About the previous poll, I think we should have gone with defiance. How often do you let your heroes die? I think they won't get much use if her normal respawn time is like Phoenix's, but this won't happen as we have the Resurrection in the hand.

Edit: It's very nice to see not one but two of my suggestions get to the poll^^
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User

by Dante133 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Saurian wrote:About the previous poll, I think we should have gone with defiance. How often do you let your heroes die? I think they won't get much use if her normal respawn time is like Phoenix's, but this won't happen as we have the Resurrection in the hand.

I am pretty sure that Ironhide wouldn't have put the option of Resurrection if her respawn time was quick :D we should give them more credit
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Oh my word! Heavenly chaos sounds AWESOME!! a 50/50 skill eh? Perfect! Im so very happy kicksaves idea was acknowledged and its winning too! :yey:
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Kicksave » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:49 am

The_TaTs wrote:We based it on the Vile Plage idea suggested by Kicksave but limited to two options due to game design reasons.

OMG, that's totally awesome. Now I feel obligated to go buy Saitam right now...here, take my money! :lol:

Psssst...if you add a third random effect (like the "10th Plague" 1% insta-kill or anything else you want) I'll literally do backflips!!! :yey:
User

by warbot1000 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:15 am

Kicksave wrote:My 2 cents for what it's worth:

Redemption: The fallen hero gets her wings back for 12 seconds (normally they are damaged and torn) and regains her full angelic stature and appearance. Her play style changes during this time--she becomes a flying creature with powerful ranged holy attacks and an aura that inspires troops near her.

Vile Plague: Battlefield-wide spell that has random effects based on the Biblical Plagues of Egypt (which was supposedly delivered by the Angel of Death, making this even more fitting.)
-Locust Swarm inflicts 60 damage to all enemies onscreen over a few seconds
-Frog Flood gives every enemy a 30% chance of turning into a frog (similar to the Witches' spell)
-Total Darkness slows all enemies onscreen to 50% movement for 6 seconds
-Rain of Blood makes all enemies take an additional 50% damage for 6 seconds
-10th Plague (known as death of the firstborn) outright kills every non-boss enemy onscreen. However, this only has a 1% chance of occurrence. Very cool when it happens, however, as a ghastly wail is heard as the shadow passes over the land (per the biblical description)

Vile plague sounds awesome. It has my seal of approval

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Simmonds91 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:47 am

Dont get greedy kicksave, its already in the poll so i very much doubt it can now be changed. "1% instakill? Well if youd said itd do that then id have voted for it! Why does heavenly chaos get improvements and not the choice i voted for?"
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by shadownight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:50 am

I had a dream last night about the new heroine
When I woke up I drew her
[+] SPOILER

User

by wailwail » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 am

The image isn't working. Even when I right click and open it in a new tab.
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by shadownight » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:35 am

wailwail wrote:The image isn't working. Even when I right click and open it in a new tab.

Hmm wierd try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzu8xc0glbadk ... 9.jpg?dl=0

User

by razieltnt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 am

shadownight wrote:
wailwail wrote:The image isn't working. Even when I right click and open it in a new tab.

Hmm wierd try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzu8xc0glbadk ... 9.jpg?dl=0

dat Scythe is weird.
There is a reason to hold this big and this shaped blade about 1 meters from hands, y know... And limbs. And body.
Nevertheless, nice artwork.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Great art, but it's missing the chains.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by wailwail » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Can't you see she is circling her hand with the chains?
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

wailwail wrote:Can't you see she is circling her hand with the chains?

Those are just little links, like in a necklace. In battle they'd just snap. I imagined them much thicker and longer.

http://rollespill.elvishproductions.com ... dchain.jpg
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Dante133 wrote:
Saurian wrote:About the previous poll, I think we should have gone with defiance. How often do you let your heroes die? I think they won't get much use if her normal respawn time is like Phoenix's, but this won't happen as we have the Resurrection in the hand.

I am pretty sure that Ironhide wouldn't have put the option of Resurrection if her respawn time was quick :D we should give them more credit

After giving this some thought, I'd rather the angel have a quick respawn time and Resurrection. It wouldn't be extreme like Phoenix, but 10 to 15 seconds with a chance to come back would be better because I would actually take the risk. If she had a respawn of 20 or more, I wouldn't bother letting her close to death.
BBB

by Juice Box » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Naww, Resurrection probably still wouldn't be worth using then, because it's just a chance at revival. Some players would rather not take the risk at all. Then there'll be some players who will take the risk, and get disappointed every now and then.

It'd be the best choice to make Resurrection a Cooldown-based ability. Like, she can revive herself once every 50 seconds or so. That'd atleast make the ability interesting, and no one would get mad if they took the risk with her and she didn't get revived.
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Juice Box wrote:Naww, Resurrection probably still wouldn't be worth using then, because it's just a chance at revival. Some players would rather not take the risk at all. Then there'll be some players who will take the risk, and get disappointed every now and then.

It'd be the best choice to make Resurrection a Cooldown-based ability. Like, she can revive herself once every 50 seconds or so. That'd atleast make the ability interesting, and no one would get mad if they took the risk with her and she didn't get revived.

Agree.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Either one wuld be fine for me. At least wit the percentage chance, the consequence of not paying off wouldn't be so bad if there was a 15 second respawn, but having success with the chance will be really awesome. A chance for an epic payoff with failure being lightly punished makes it far less annoying if it doesn't kick in, but still feel really good if it does work. That's something we haven't had in a hero yet, and I think it would be a lot more fun, and far better in Endless Mode as well.

Also, 50 seconds is horribly UP.
BBB

by Finwer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:29 pm

GUYS GUYA GUYS GUYS GUYS...!!! *someone slaps Finwer*
HOW ABOUT MAKING THIS HERI THE YOUNG DIERDRE??? THAT WILL BE SO AWESOME! A BADASS DIERDRE!
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by wailwail » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Ehh... Too late buddy, they already voted for it to be a fallen angle... Unless something changed that... Diedre was an angle that seeked redemption, but realized it's true mistake, and decided to be " punished " by becoming a human.
User

by Finwer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:55 pm

wailwail wrote:Ehh... Too late buddy, they already voted for it to be a fallen angle... Unless something changed that... Diedre was an angle that seeked redemption, but realized it's true mistake, and decided to be " punished " by becoming a human.

Or ar first she was an angel,then became a fallen angel,than by fighting for the good side he got her powers back,but became a human with holy powers instead of an angel because reasons. :mrgreen:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

PreviousNext