Rotten Forest

For the King!

Re: Rotten Forest

by LichLord » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:52 pm

suin wrote:No earth elements, and that's the trick!

Why no earth elements? Their aoe attack is nice and they can stand up very well against swamp things while you take em down, not to mention they stall the boss very good as well. Plus they benefit from the halved physical armors that their supporting sorcerer towers around cause. I always put em before the big berthas in the path so they halve armor before the nuking and also stall them there.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by semagedih » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:55 pm

LichLord wrote:

Why no earth elements? Their aoe attack is nice and they can stand up very well against swamp things while you take em down, not to mention they stall the boss very good as well. Plus they benefit from the halved physical armors that their supporting sorcerer towers around cause. I always put em before the big berthas in the path so they halve armor before the nuking and also stall them there.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Mainly because any deaths on the map = more units to deal with out of the slime pool. And Earth Elemental deaths create Swap Things, which are the hardest to deal with. Not a problem on Normal or Heroic, but makes things extremely difficult on Iron.
Last edited by semagedih on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

by Clownsaresoevil » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 pm

semagedih wrote:
LichLord wrote:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Mainly because any deaths on the map = more units to deal with out of the slime pool. And Earth Elemental deaths create Swap Things, which are the hardest to deal with. Not a problem on Normal or Heroic, but makes things extremely difficult on Iron.

Woah. :o
User

by LichLord » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:38 pm

semagedih wrote:
LichLord wrote:

*SPOILER ALERT*

I hadn't thought about it that way. :o

No wonder I had so many swamp things in my levels compared to others who barely had a few in their vids.

Most of the swamp things were either polymorphed, death rayed, or
teleported back to the death zone to die anyways so I guess I didn't mind.
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by Julian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:59 pm

I don't see how you can complete campaign mode with only artillery,
as someone said. Too... many... treants. But maybe he did not do so
on normal mode without premium content, nor heroes? Anyway, I am
still stuck on Iron mode. Once I died of the last demon hound, just
when everything seemed under control. Grumble.
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Clownsaresoevil » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Julian wrote:I don't see how you can complete campaign mode with only artillery,

I'm with you on that one. His has to be the hardest iron mode for sure!
User

by LichLord » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Clownsaresoevil wrote:
Julian wrote:I don't see how you can complete campaign mode with only artillery,

It is indeed, I would say that in iron mode is the only stage in which I've notice that premium does the difference, I could clear it with premium but it was still tough. Without premium its a different story...every barracks are a risk of creating more enemies to defeat and the freaking demon portal is annoying without archers to clear them...otherwise the barracks would do a nice job without their explosions creating more husks to kill as a result.

Devs, you did a wonderful job in this iron challenge its the best ever, I still haven't been able to beat iron without premium lol.
User

by Clownsaresoevil » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:17 am

LichLord wrote:
Clownsaresoevil wrote:

It is indeed, I would say that in iron mode is the only stage in which I've notice that premium does the difference, I could clear it with premium but it was still tough. Without premium its a different story...every barracks are a risk of creating more enemies to defeat and the freaking demon portal is annoying without archers to clear them...otherwise the barracks would do a nice job without their explosions creating more husks to kill as a result.

Devs, you did a wonderful job in this iron challenge its the best ever, I still haven't been able to beat iron without premium lol.

*spoiler*

Use all Mage towers, upgrading each one once, from front to back. Make sure you time rain of fire only when your just about overwhelmined. Good luck!!
User

by awietheplayer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:43 am

It's to hard I can't handle the gargoyle and demon imps
its simple visit my dragon or die
visit my dragon ----> Image <-------
Or Here another one
User

by suin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 am

semagedih wrote:
LichLord wrote:

*SPOILER ALERT*

:lol:
Yeah, I had 3 tries or so and found the horrible thing. Believe me , no earth golems will make the iron challenge way more easier than you guys have expected actually.

Well done, devs!!!....again!
User

by Wolfie138 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:15 am

just noticed the talk about heroes, is this not available on Flash versions, ir is it just cos i'm trying w/out Premium content at the minute?

Also, as a suggestion to the creators, would it be able to select a targetting system for the towers? ie, nearest to the gate, most hit-points, biggest threat? by biggest threat i mean the creatures would be ranked in the game by the danger they pose - something fast and tough would be high as would something like the Spider Matriarchs because they can spawn more enemies.

lst point - those Treants that spawn in the middle of the path etc - do you get money for them? i seemed to blitz a load w/ my Berthas but my money didn't seem to go up.
User

by Bear » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 am

Yeah, I do use premium, and have not tryed it without.
User

by Julian » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Wolfie138 wrote:just noticed the talk about heroes, is this not available on Flash versions, ir is it just cos i'm trying w/out Premium content at the minute?

Heroes are not in the flash version, yet C:

Wolfie138 wrote:Also, as a suggestion to the creators, would it be able to select a targetting system for the towers? ie, nearest to the gate, most hit-points, biggest threat? by biggest threat i mean the creatures would be ranked in the game by the danger they pose - something fast and tough would be high as would something like the Spider Matriarchs because they can spawn more enemies.

Even just being able to choose a special target by clicking an enemy, making all towers in range attack it, would be great :D

Wolfie138 wrote:lst point - those Treants that spawn in the middle of the path etc - do you get money for them? i seemed to blitz a load w/ my Berthas but my money didn't seem to go up.

You do not ^^ You never get money of killing enemies which come out of the middle of the map.
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Julian » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 pm

By the way, Clownsareevil, that just doesn't work.
Also, Suin, I am not using earth elementals and I still can't do it... in fact, I
barely get to upgrade any tower to advanced level before I die, most of the time ;)
User

by MattL4J » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Naturerize wrote:I always lose b'coz of the boss :| kill my soldiers in one/two shots, lol, going to try new strategy.

Btw did you win using hero? :D the hero keep dying. lol melee heroes die coz of the spawn that explodes. and range heroes... yea the boss just throw things and the hero die. -__-"

Yeah I find that kind of ridiculous, but the hero was the only reason I got to the boss anyway. On the boss level too many things spawn at the same time. Stupid boss :evil:
User

by awietheplayer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Hey I beat the level whooooooooooooooohhoooooooo Swiftwind helped me a lot
Or Here another one
User

by jamesbenlee » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:09 pm

yo guys, newbie here.... :D

btw i'm kind frustrated with the iron challenge, this challenge is the hardest i think, without musketeer i felt so helpless....i've already tried couple times but still didn't work..

that demon hound irritate me so much...my barracks and reinforcement still couldn't hold 'em maneuvering my defense, especially in the last T junction...

I put some barracks near the gate to delaying their arrival, plus strength the T junction area with some teleport mage, but too many husk sometimes teleport didn't work as i expected...plus when the swamp thing arrive in the last T junction really made me keep frustrated, and i always failed in that condition...so any tips ?

And for anyone who still struggling in normal mode/heroic challenge...try to put mages with teleport in your last defense plus build lots musketeer with maximum sniper ability, it's really effective when dealing against swamp things, coz a single headshot can eliminate 'em instantly .
one shot, one kill
User

by Clownsaresoevil » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Julian wrote:By the way, Clownsareevil, that just doesn't work.
Also, Suin, I am not using earth elementals and I still can't do it... in fact, I
barely get to upgrade any tower to advanced level before I die, most of the time ;)

It works for me...
First, start at the choke points, but Mage towers. Continue to buy Mage towers, until every slot is filled, the upgrading each one once from the choke point, to the beginning. After all towers are level 2, repeat. Once you have a few of either arcane or sorcerer towers, buy (with out upgrades) the corresponding Insta-kill (sheep, death ray...) continue to do so until the end of the level. As with reinforcements, only put them in just after the choke point.
Good luck!
User

by awietheplayer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 am

jamesbenlee wrote:yo guys, newbie here.... :D

btw i'm kind frustrated with the iron challenge, this challenge is the hardest i think, without musketeer i felt so helpless....i've already tried couple times but still didn't work..

that demon hound irritate me so much...my barracks and reinforcement still couldn't hold 'em maneuvering my defense, especially in the last T junction...

I put some barracks near the gate to delaying their arrival, plus strength the T junction area with some teleport mage, but too many husk sometimes teleport didn't work as i expected...plus when the swamp thing arrive in the last T junction really made me keep frustrated, and i always failed in that condition...so any tips ?

And for anyone who still struggling in normal mode/heroic challenge...try to put mages with teleport in your last defense plus build lots musketeer with maximum sniper ability, it's really effective when dealing against swamp things, coz a single headshot can eliminate 'em instantly .

I beat heroic but stuck on iron dam hounds and imps
Or Here another one
User

by natelox » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 am

(delete)
Last edited by natelox on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

PreviousNext