11th Grade

Anything and everything.

Re: 11th Grade

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi everybody! I'm back, if only for these brief moments. I expect that by tomorrow I'll already be back to doing homework all day and night instead of on the forums, but I'll try to get out as much as I can right now.

It's no secret here that I absolutely loathe school. I've ranted about it more than once here before. ;) At the start of the schoolyear I was starting to wonder why I wasn't just doing all advanced classes since things didn't look so bad, but then I remembered what a massive consumptuon of time school is. I feel like I hate school far more than anyone else here, and I accredit that partially to the fact that my school happens to be exceptionally terrible, where it feels like kids are punished more for trying instead of rewarded and encouraged. From just 3 advanced classes (plus math which is also advanced but doesn't count for extra credit until next year) I already have to start doing homework from the minute I get home and stay up past the time when I normally sleep just to get more done. Even then, I've had to just turn in incomplete work because it's impossible to do all of it. In some ways, I wish that I had taken less advanced classes because I'm having a miserable time just like last year. Plus, of all the classes for this to happen, it's my computer science class where my teacher doesn't teach us anything and help is too difficult to find, yet it's the most relevant class to video game design that's available.

The others aren't much better, but I won't go into anymore detail because the fact that my school stinks is already apparent. I have an alright time in classes, but just not at home, where I find myself doing more work than at school. In class, I actually thrive off of the other students there. My main motivation to do well is to be able to help anyone else that's confused and for the looks and stares when I answer a question and hear people wonder how I knew something or did it so fast. I admit that it's selfish to think that, but, at least I'm honest about it. :P

Besides academics at school, next week is the Homecoming dance (which means yet another day that I'll be out instead online on the forums) and on Friday is when Mr. Maxey decides who will present next month for math club. If I get picked, then I have the chance to get a huge recommendation from him for any college that I want, which is always helpful. I'd have to present with Parker as my partner, and although my friend Aaron thinks that him being my partner will be annoying, I look forward to hearing and seeing whatever strange, robotic things Parkers does. He's already been up to what I can only describe as "antics" trying to get a Homecoming date. :lol:

Since I really want to continue Burning Skies, this thread, Fanfic Hero vs Hero, even User Heroes, as well as make new threads, I plan on ignoring Discord for the most part and making more posts here, though I need to get a new Ipad soon since my current one has a lot of issues and makes it harder to post here (as if school wasn't making it hard enough) when I want to. Perhaps a weekly sweep of the forums on Saturday and Sunday when possible is what will happen, so you can expect me online on some time during the weekend, though I can't promises there, either, since my parents always feel an unshared obligation to take the whole family somewhere whenever we have free time, so I never get the time to do what I want anyways. :P However, I definitely want to post on the forums more; I would if I could, and I will if I can. ;)
BBB

Re: 11th Grade

by The_TaTs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Keep up the good fight kiddo.

Highschool ends eventually. And my personal opinion is that it's not "the best time of your life"... it's a tremendously demanding period were you have to balance so much stuff, with so little life experience, and... you can't decide anything.

As you grow up, if you don't like a college, you can try to change, or you can change the major you are graduating... heck, you can even choose no to go anymore (not that I would recommend that, but you "can").
You can also change jobs, cities or countries. The world literally opens up.

Work hard, keep your head in the game, things do get better afterwards (unforeseeable unfortunate events not-whitstanding).

:)
User

Previous