Depression

Anything and everything.

Depression

by warbot1000 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Hey everyone you might be wondering why I have not been very active lately and that is for 2 reasons:
1) A-levels be tough and I still need to figure out what I want to do as a career
2) I am pretty sure I am depressed...

I have been feeling really low for the past 2 months or so and tbh I thought it would be easier for me to tell people irl that I am depressed if I tried it here. So that's all really has anyone else gone through this kind of stuff? Do you guys think I should tell people irl or just keep on masking it like I do every day?

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

Re: Depression

by magicmetal03 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:44 pm

You should 100% tell people irl. If you don't, you're just suffering.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by warbot1000 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:55 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:You should 100% tell people irl. If you don't, you're just suffering.

honestly it feels really hard to tell people. I feel like they wont treat me in the same way if I tell them and that would suck.

my ideas

User

by magicmetal03 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:02 pm

warbot1000 wrote:
magicmetal03 wrote:You should 100% tell people irl. If you don't, you're just suffering.

honestly it feels really hard to tell people. I feel like they wont treat me in the same way if I tell them and that would suck.

Even if it's hard, just tell them. They might or might not help you, and that's ok. But try to think positive and let others know. You just need one to help you come over this obstacle.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by warbot1000 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:04 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

Even if it's hard, just tell them. They might or might not help you, and that's ok. But try to think positive and let others know. You just need one to help you come over this obstacle.

Do you think I should tell my parents because honestly I would rather not as in I am very very strongly opposed to telling them.

my ideas

User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:47 pm

1) Wise words from a song once said "The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't". You may have some ideas of what you want to do, but don't think that what you come up with is set in stone. If you don't know, don't worry. I wanted to be an animator, ended up doing a degree in digital media, and now I work in a warehouse. Tell them you want to be a stripper, or a truck driver, it doesn't matter, you have years to decide and the future is always in motion.

2) Talk to someone. It doesn't have to be your parents, it can be any family member you feel you can trust. A close friend is ideal. Is there a teacher you have a good relationship with that you could speak to? My work mate and best friend has depression and whilst I can't ever understand what he's going through I still try to treat him the same way, the way a friend should. By insulting him, mocking his clothes, embarrassing him in front of strangers, etc. If you have someone that does this anyway, then talk to them. Over a pint of lager in the corner of a quiet pub ideally. It'll help take off the dye, and if things go bad you can have another pint.

Alternatively, there are probably numerous forums or facebook groups you can join (anonymously in th case of he former) that you can go to, to share how you feel and seek advice.
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Telling a close friend is best, as long as you are absolutely sure you can trust that person. If you don't want to tell your parents, you don't have to, but if the depression keeps up, you should tell them eventually.

I also advice you to listen to this song: https://youtu.be/ZzhOnSFcfQg
Last edited by Magnus0 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:45 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:1) Wise words from a song once said "The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't". You may have some ideas of what you want to do, but don't think that what you come up with is set in stone. If you don't know, don't worry. I wanted to be an animator, ended up doing a degree in digital media, and now I work in a warehouse. Tell them you want to be a stripper, or a truck driver, it doesn't matter, you have years to decide and the future is always in motion.

2) Talk to someone. It doesn't have to be your parents, it can be any family member you feel you can trust. A close friend is ideal. Is there a teacher you have a good relationship with that you could speak to? My work mate and best friend has depression and whilst I can't ever understand what he's going through I still try to treat him the same way, the way a friend should. By insulting him, mocking his clothes, embarrassing him in front of strangers, etc. If you have someone that does this anyway, then talk to them. Over a pint of lager in the corner of a quiet pub ideally. It'll help take off the dye, and if things go bad you can have another pint.

Alternatively, there are probably numerous forums or facebook groups you can join (anonymously in th case of he former) that you can go to, to share how you feel and seek advice.

100% agreed with everything said by the Razor.

Also, this 4min video from the World Health Organisation can be of help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc

And this one is helpful if you are living with someone with depression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRRx7Mtep8
User

by Ninja » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:04 pm

I am in agreement with the others who have commented: you should talk to someone you trust to try and resolve your unrest. IMO, your parents are the best people to talk to for this sort of thing, but if you don't feel that way, then I understand. :)
:hero:
User

by warbot1000 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:45 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:1) Wise words from a song once said "The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't". You may have some ideas of what you want to do, but don't think that what you come up with is set in stone. If you don't know, don't worry. I wanted to be an animator, ended up doing a degree in digital media, and now I work in a warehouse. Tell them you want to be a stripper, or a truck driver, it doesn't matter, you have years to decide and the future is always in motion.

Thanks for the advice and morale boost. I will try to talk to one of my friends at school. Also I know this might sound weird but I don't feel as depressed at school. Maybe it is because my friends are there and that I am constantly distracted by either work or just talking but as soon as I have time alone it comes back. Usually I try to avoid this moment and just work myself or watch tv but it always comes back ever so slightly worse than the last time.

@The_TaTs I watched the videos saw the WHO one before at school the other one was new to me though. I think it would be a good video to show to my parents if I ever have to tell them.

Magnus0 wrote:Telling a close friend is best, as long as you are absolutely sure you can trust that person. If you don't want to tell your parents, you don't have to, but if the depression keeps up, you should tell them eventually.

I also advice you to listen to this song: https://youtu.be/ZzhOnSFcfQg

I don't know why the song helped but it did. My therapist from when I was younger ,I had paranoia due to bullying and a drunk person appearing in the middle of the night and knocking on my house window asking me to let him inside (I didn't let him in just screamed a lot) gave me a song to whistle whenever I felt scared and that helped maybe this works in a similar way?
Just incase anyone is wondering the song was from The Sound of Music and it was called "My favourite things" or something like that.

my ideas

User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:10 pm

This was pretty much me up until last...

wednesday. The Wednesday a fortnight ago. I felt disconnected and under pressure.
I'm good now. The test came and went, the concerts went great and I just had a great week and I've got a chilled one lined up.

I'm really looking forward to rejoining the forum, too.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:10 am

Hey man, as a person with a history of serious depression, Describe your symptoms to your parents/social worker. I will tell you this,if you think you have depression, get help immediately and PRAY you don't have to. I know some of the symptoms I had were:drowsiness, extreme sadness, suicidal thoughts, crying for no reason, and not wanting to do anything. If you have ANY of these, get help. I don't give a crap if people treat you different, which they won't, if you have depression, you tell someone fast. If you don't it could literally result in death.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!