RPG: The Unfindable Findable

Anything and everything.

Re: RPG: The Unfindable Findable

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Ninja

It's late evening, and you've been online all night stalking forums and angrily correcting grammar. Out of the twenty seven forums you've visited, fourteen have blocked your access, five considered you a troll then blocked you, three offered you a moderator position and the rest have casually ignored you or occasionally mocked you. The forum you are currently on "Blue Eyed Octopi" has you particularly roused as the correct plural should be "Octopuses".

As you read, a pop up appears stating you have a new Private Message. It's from a user called "Eightacles". You click to open the message and reach for your drink. It's not there, but you do find an unopened bag of hot and spicy Doritos. You decide not to open them yet and go back to the message.

"Jotaro. You are in danger. Do not continue posting and under no circumstances visit the Games sub forum. Do not reply to me, you are being watched. Turn off your computer. I will come for you. Trust no one."

This is a bit confusing. What are you going to do?

Magicmetal03

Two days. Two days! You've been waiting two whole days, forty eight hours, one thousand four hundred a forty minutes, eighty six thousand... you know what it's not important. You've been waiting for a reply to see if you've been accepted to perform at the National Violin Championships. No reply. No.. wait that noise? The mail box!

You practically throw yourself down the stairs and out the door, rolling across the garden to get to the mail box. There's no postman in sight, but who cares?! You grab the envelope and tear it open. A packet of mints drops into your lap, followed by a letter.

"Dear sir. If you haven't yet been made aware, your application to the NVC has been turned down. It's not because we don't want you, but there are more important things at stake. Enclosed is an address. Please meet us here and we will explain."

The address isn't far. What are you going to do?

Minuet

Clutching your steaming hot mocha choca double cream peppermint mega latte, you sit on a park bench watching the world go by. Horrible sweater. Nice boots. Who did your hair, it's terrible. Cute puppy! Cute owner..! Oh, dreadful dress. Cheap suit. Puppy! More puppies! Walk of shame... oh dear. Big dog, not a puppy but still so floofy! The floofy dog is the last dog that goes past so you sip your coffee. Mmmm, delicious!

A cold wind blows down through the park, rustling the trees and you pull your coffee closer, wrapping your scarf and coat further around you to hold in the warmth. You reach into your pockets for gloves and find a packet of Bubblegum. Blue raspberry flavour. Hmm, not with mint coffee, maybe later. There is also a scrunched up ball of paper. You unfold it and find a hastily scrawled note.

"Rose. Follow the big dog. He has the answers you seek. Put your gloves on, it's going to get cold."

That's a weird note. What are you going to do?

FeedDaKingdom

Late afternoon, and you are perched up a tree, silently watching the world go by through a pair of binoculars. In an ideal world you'd be sniping people; killing off the weak and undesirable; but thankfully for the world nobody in this mountain town has any firearms.

Getting bored as people leave both the streets and your line of sight, you pocket the tiny binoculars next to your emergency biscotti. You pull out the book you were reading and turn to your bookmarked page. There is a portion of text that doesn't look like the rest of the page.

"At the mountain peak is a door. Find the key and you will find yourself."

You've read this book before. This is new?

FastAndBlast

This apartment, is not your apartment. Yours is clean, fresh, dry and free of insects. This one isn't. This one reeks of staleness and mould. Roaches crawl in the corners of cupboards and there is damp in the bedroom. You're not in here by choice, but you are taking mail across that didn't belong to you.

Thankfully you don't have to stay long, the old lady occupant thanks you with a bag of pumpkin seeds. You return to your own apartment Justin time for your pizza delivery. Perfect! You flip open the lid to take in the aroma and see a message written on the lid.

"You have to go back in. Ignore her, find me. I'm in the kitchen. A few slices will help."

You've never been told what do do by a pizza before. What will you do?

Sir Toddalot

Half way up a mountain, chasing monsters you finally take a seat and stop dreaming for a moment. The monsters fade away leaving only the moors and a few grazing sheep. You pull out a map and compass, knowing fully well that you'd get no signal for GPS this high up.

Unfolding the map, somehow a tube of ball bearings rolls out. Not just any ballbearings but the weird edible ones that go on fancy cakes. You put them away as you uncurl the rest of the map. Someone has drawn a big black cross and written,

"X marks the spot. X marks all the spots. Dig until you don't need too."

This was a perfectly good map. Why so cryptic?
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:16 pm

First, I inform the user "Eightacles" (through a Private Message) that his username sounds dumb and isn't a very good pun either since "octopus" already literally means eight feet/legs/tentacles, so he could have just used that instead. Then I turn off my computer, deciding that 1) it's late/I've been on my computer for quite a while and 2) this is interesting.

After thinking through this all in my head, I get up and pack my backpack, placing inside of it the following items from around my house: my toothbrush and toothpaste, a swiss army knife, a flashlight, my computer and charger cord, a cellphone, and a set of clothes (you never know, I could be gone a while). I then grab my bag of chips, put it in my pocket, and wait.
:hero:
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:19 pm

After thinking about it, I decided to go, but right after I sleep.
The next day at 9:00AM I get ready, bringing my violin, my mints and my wallet, before going to the address.
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Minuet » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

...Peculiar, I quickly turn around where I'm seated, just a bush. Out of paranoia I wave my hand around in it a few times, only to get weird looks, oh well. No time to question it as the dog is leaving, I set the coffee down beside me (never ordering one of those ever again by the way, it was pretty decent for what it was, but a freak of nature if you were to call it 'coffee'', and 18$ is probably just a pinch expensive for a drink), and go to put my gloves on as the note suggested... ow, these are the gross ones that snag on my nails... never mind that, back into my pocket they go...

A glance up reveals the dog is already nearly out of sight, I grab the coffee to quickly finish it and throw it into a garbage bin. What harm could following the dog really cause? I don't have much to do today... and why would a thief plant a note in my pocket instead of stealing my phone and wallet? Much less have the dexterity to do so in the first place while remaining undetected... I had a bush behind me for a while, god damn it, and I'm overthinking this as well.

I still have about 20$, my phone, and my bus pass for this month, so I could follow for a good while, the note is intriguing enough, if not a bit... cryptic. I quickly check if I left anything on the bench... nope, and set off after the dog.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:53 am

I am very sure that i have read through that part of the book before, so i closed the book, waited 10 seconds, and reopened it.
"Find the key and you will find yourself."
It seems so enthralling, life is all about finding yourself, right?

Because i am not really carrying anything aside from the aforementioned, i go back home to grab my small backpack.
I bring my phone, alongside with the charger and powerbank, a notepad with a couple pencils and an eraser, and a large water bottle.
Not going to leave behind the Binoculars, book, or emergency biscotti either.

I still have no idea how i am supposed to reach the peak of the mountain, i decide to think about it for a while
Do i have to actually walk all the way there? Can i hitch a ride with someone? What kind of door will be at the top of the mountain anyway?

Also my name's Kraber, not Kramer.
Question : can you die in the RPG? Will you respawn or will you be out of the game for good?
Can we meet each other in the RPG?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by FastAndBlast » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:16 am

As the true follower of Pizza I close the lid, and decide to go back to the musty apartment that is run by the old lady and climb through a windoiw into the kitchen.

I do not question the truthfulness of Pizza, the only thing i wonder about is who i will meet in the kitchen.
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by Sir Toddalot » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Hmm, I think. That's strange. I wonder what that means? Well, there's only one way to find out! I run to my house and grab a flashlight, shovel and rope. On second thought, I also grab some granola bars, a water bottle,a pocket knife and a book, stuffing it all in my knapsack. I then check the map, and start off towards where the cross marks. Letting myself slip into my daydreams, I imagine I'm a knight off on a great adventure, searching for hidden treasure and fighting off dragons and saving the day!
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:32 am

Razor.....Hello???
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:41 am

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Razor.....Hello???

Rule 7
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Ninja

Despite being warned not to, you reply to Eightacles and call him or her out on their user name. When you send it, you find there is another private message waiting for you. It's from a user called Ymir. Clicking on it, you see nothing but lines of letters, numbers, odd symbols and code. Suddenly your computer screen starts to go crazy, fritzing and shorting out. A loud crack and buzz explodes out if the system plunging not only the computer, but every light in your house into darkness.

Stumbling out of your chair, you glance out of the window and notice that the power is out everywhere. Not a single light in your line of sight apart from the moon in the early night sky. A frost is starting to form on the window, which is weird considering it wasn't a cold day.

Your mind is a blur, you grab together a few of the things you'd planned to, but in the pitch black you can't get anything that wasn't already in your room. You flip open the laptop to power it on, but it doesn't respond. It has a full battery but there's just no life in it. Your cellphone has the same reaction. Never the less you pile them into the bag just in case. You sit and try to gather your thoughts, but become aware it's freezing cold. The window is all iced up. If you stay here, you'll need to get warmer.

Do you:
Stay and find a way to keep warm?
Leave the room and explore?
Something else?

Magicmetal03

You plan to go to the address, but tomorrow. For now, it's sleep time. You go to bed at 8:30 am and sleep for a full 24 hours without interruption like a Rip Van Winkle descendant. Why? Who knows.

When you wake, you fill your pockets with a few things and get ready to leave. As you close the door behind you, you find a note stuck to it.

"Sir, your attendance was expected yesterday as our letter reached you in the early hours. As a result of your failure to show up, the location has changed. Please see the address below. Failure to arrive in the next 24 hours will result in your involvement taking an unforeseeable turn."

The address is several miles away, and today seems to be building up to a scorcher.

Do you:
Go to the original address?
Find a way to get to the new address?
Something else?

Minuet

Aggressively finishing your drink, you set off following the dog. It's easy at first to keep a distance, but the dog stops yo go potty it gets a bit more difficult for you to stay out of sight and not look like a stalker. Still, you manage to pull it off somehow.

You follow the dog to a secluded part of the park where the owner finally stops and sits on a bench. The dog sits just beside him. There is nobody else around, so you slowly approach and sit on the bench, the dog between you and the young man walking him.

Getting a closer look, you realise the man doesn't quiet look right. His fingers look more like they are segments glued together and his face has an almost wooden texture to it.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this," a voice says "but where you're going doesn't have any coffee."

You look around for the source of the gruff voice, because it wasn't the man speaking.

Do you:
Search for the speaker?
Strike up a conversation regardless?
Something else?

FeedDaKingdom

You check the book a few more times to be certain before deciding to return home to grab a few more things. You shove everything into a bag and head back out. The mountain looks daunting, with dark clouds forming around the peak.

Thinking about what you're going to find and how you're going to get there plays on your mind but you have to move if you're to get ahead of the incoming storm.

Do you:
Head up the mountain as you are?
Go back and get storm gear?
Something else?

OOC: You can die, but that doesn't mean your participation will end. Yes eventually. Sorry, iPad autocorrect.

FastAndBlast

Following the forever wisdom of the pizza, you close the box, tuck it under your arm and climb out onto the fire escape. You easily lift your neighbours window and climb inside. The old woman is busying herself in another room, so you are able to go into the kitchen. Expecting someone to be in the empty room, you're mildly surprised when a voice speaks up.

"Oh good, you brought it. Put the pizza on the floor, lift the lid and take a step back. Don't be afraid."

You hesitate for a second, before doing so. Just as you step back roaches crawl out of every book and clamber over the pizza. They devour it in seconds and then vanish back into the shadows.

"Fantastic," the voice continues "they've been nibbling on me for hours. I really need a wash, can you help me out?"

Do you:
Find the owner of the mysterious voice?
Get out of roach city?
Something else?

Sir Toddalot

Folding the map back up, you head home first to grab some things. You step out and recheck the map before heading back out towards the direction of the large X.

On the way, you notice that the grass and plants all seem to have grown somewhat since you saw them just a few moments ago. Weirder still, there are no animal sounds anywhere else on the hill. A strange wet chittering sound is coming from somewhere nearby.

Do you:
Continue on to the X?
Find the source of the sound?
Something else?
Yes it's me

by magicmetal03 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:22 pm

"What?" I thought. I shook my head. "Welp, I just have to follow what it says."
So with my Violin, the mints and my wallet, I give myself a mission to find a way to go to the new address.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Minuet » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:52 am

"Is this your dog?" I ask the guy. "Uh... it's a lovely dog... do you know anything about this uh... note? Uh..."

Man this guy's quiet.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by FastAndBlast » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:59 am

Try to find a weapon in the kitchen then
Find the owner of the mysterious voice
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:10 am

A Storm?
Ummmm......
Getting wet would be fine for me, unfortunately not for most of my items.
Still, you can dry them up, or buy a new one...........
I am going to leave the book, cellphone, power bank, and charger back at the house. Probably shouldn't be getting those wet.....
As for the storm gear.....No....too bulky........
User

by Sir Toddalot » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 pm

That sound is really starting to freak me out. What could it be? The X is a long way away, but that sound is nearby. I better find out what it is, I think. Getting a tight grip on my shovel, I slowly advance in the direction of the sound.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

User

by warbot1000 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Wanted to find this in my egosearch. That's all.

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:34 pm

Magicmetal03

You take your equipment and head off down the road. It's not long before you come across a bus stop. You check your wallet, you gave enough for a ticket. It's not long before a bus turns up.

"Morning son, where are you headed?"

You give the address and the bus driver nods.

"Sure there's a stop near there. Grab a seat."

You take a seat on the stuffy warm bus and it heads off. You look up at the cloudless sky and comment on how warm it is but the driver doesn't respond. There's nobody else on the bus. You crack open a window but all it does is blows in warm air. Sighing you sit back and enjoy the ride. As you go, a vehicle pulls up alongside and starts beeping its horn madly. You glance over and the driver of an ice cream van waves at you. You wave back, but the bus makes a turn and the van goes on a different path.

After a few miles the bus comes to a slow stop in the middle of the road. The bus driver gets up and heads to the door.

"I'll just be a moment, need to check the engine."

You watch him walk in front of the bus and bend down out of sight. You lean back and try to relax but it's getting really hot and stuffy. A musical jingle nearby catches your attention, an ice cream van parked behind you. The same as before? Hard to tell. The driver waves to you and you wave back again.

Wow it's hot. You get up from the seat and find it's partially sticking to you because the plastic seats are starting to melt. You approach the front and look out. The driver is nowhere to be seen. You try the doors, but they don't open and the emergency level is stuck fast. The temperature is rising rapidly.

What now?

Minuet

You try to strike up a conversation but you get no response from the man. You sit there awkwardly for a moment before someone responds.

"Actually he's my walker. I don't get out much. He's not even a real man he's made of wood and runs on air."

You look down at the dog and it opens its mouth into what could be seen as a toothy grin.

"Sorry about this, it must all seem quite odd. Talking dogs, wooden men, strange notes. We had to be sure you were the right person."

You are still staring at the dog with wide eyed shock. The dog appears to notice this and let's out a heavy sigh (or what can best be described as one).

"Confusing yes. Look, all you need to know right now is that you are a finder. You have inside you the ability to locate that which has been lost. But you need to go to a specific place first where your skills will be stronger."

The dog looks up at the sky for what seems like an eternity, then back at you.

"I have to go now, but we'll meet up again soon. For now, follow the birds to the ancient hall and walk the hollow stairs. It will take you where you must go."

"Nochio, walkies."

The 'man' stood up and led the dog away, leaving you alone on the bench.

What now?

FastAndBlast

You root through a few drawers and take out the only thing you can find that's mildly weapon like, a potato peeler. Next, the source of the voice. Several cupboards open and close and you find only a handful of things. A bag of flour, a box of biscuits, a dirty potato, a an of beans..

"Oh hello. You missed me." The voice says "Go back one."

You go back to a previous cupboard to look upon the dirty potato.

"Hello! Be a dear and get me out of here would you? I'm all for cool and dry storage but the roaches won't leave me be. Typical insects, you just dan't reason with a hive mind."

You take the potato out and lay in on the counter. You realise now that it seems to have a face carved... no the face is part of the potato itself.

"I do hope you're not going to use that peeler on me. Could you run me under the tap for a bit! I am covered in mandible juices. Ugh."

Still not sure what is going o , you turn on the tap and start to wash the potato. In between a few "ooh"s and "aah"s you finish and pat it dry with a towel.

"That's better. Thanks for coming back, it took a lot of effort to convince the pizza box to write that, talking to dead things is exhausting. I understand you are probably confused but it was important that we got to you before they did."

"You have the means to help us find something that was lost. But it's confusing, you need to be lost in order to find it. But that should be easy enough since it's been a long time since your kind visited us. Anyway, I'm potato waffling. You need to go deep into the roots of the building until the living overwhelms the dead."

"Oh, and if you could take that peeler away with you, I'd hate for the old dear to mistake me for her lunch. Go on now, shoo."

What now?

FeedDaKingdom

Wisely you leave the electronics behind but also decide against storm gear. Best to race the clouds to the top of the mountain. You head on up at a good pace.

A third of the way to the peak and you realise you've made a mistake. The storm has caught up to you and it is a big one. There is no rain, only wind. Grass is being ripped out of the ground, the debris is scraping across your face and the wind is almost blowing you off your feet.

"Id..."

You can barely make out a word in the wind.

"Idiot!"

It's more clear, but less polite. You shield your eyes from the wind and turn to look towards the voice. A man completely bundled up in heavy gear, googles, gloves, etc.

"Follow me fool, we need to get out of the wind!"

You have little choice as momentarily standing still almost ends up with you being blown away. You follow the man, not far, to a small burrowed out tunnel. The man gets down on his knees and begins to crawl in, however as he does so it leaves the clothes he was wearing in a pile on the floor. Before the wind can take them, they are pulled into the hole.

"Are you coming or not!?"

What now?

Sir Toddalot

You head towards the strange sound, tightening the grip on your shovel. As you move further along the hill you find yourself moving into denser grass. It was only ankle high a few moments ago, now it's almost up to your waist. A few rocks nearby that are big enough to stick out of the grass seem to be entangled in the greenery.

A sudden deafening crack alerts you and you look towards its source. A huge boulder that was wrapped in grass has just broken apart into several smaller pieces.

Something isn't right. The sound you heard seems to have faded so you decide to head back. As you turn you find your foot is trapped, several roots and vines have come out of the ground and wrapped around your ankle holding you firmly in place.

As you twist and turn the chittering noise starts to get louder. At the same time a figure appears not far from you, but the grass is growing to obscure them. The sun hits them and reflects off something shiny they are wearing, making them even harder to see. The vines tighten.

What now?

Ruby/Warbot - I will have yours up tomorrow, I need to work out your starting positions first.
Yes it's me

by Minuet » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 pm

"What the fuck? I'm not even good at finding things... wouldn't they want a Hufflepuff or something? Not to mention the god damn talking dog."

I consider what he said for a moment.

"Follow the birds... well birds go south for winter, so south? Why do these fucks have to be so cryptic. I guess if I just follow my instincts or some cheesy crap like that I'll find whatever he wants me to find, I ain't letting a talking dog get away that easily."
User

by magicmetal03 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:23 pm

I panic. What do I do? I thought. "Help!" I yelled at the open window for a few seconds before attempting to open the emergency exit door to escape. If it doesn't work, well, I'll just have to jump out of the window, I thought.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Sir Toddalot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:37 pm

This isn't good I think. I start to panic. I've got to get free! I take my shovel and start chopping frantically at the grass roots pulling me to the ground. Twisting frantically I mange to pull free, but am soon entangled again. remebering the figure I saw, I pray he is friendly and yell loudly for help.

User

Next