Staying on the Forums

Anything and everything.

Staying on the Forums

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Did you guys miss me?

I'm really sorry that I haven't been active here for a long time. Many things have gotten in the way that take away my time that I would otherwise use to come up with more video game ideas and things to post here.

First, my IPad is messed up, which is the one thing I use to post stuff here. The main issue it has is lagging in a way that makes what I type not appear for a long time, which slows down the process of posting. It crashes often, too, so whatever post I try to make will be deleted, which just wastes a bunch of time, which is really scarce for me.

From my school thread, you might or might not think that I have a large workload academically, and at first, I didn't. Then I was reminded of exactly why I didn't take all advanced classes in the first place, since all of the work skyrocketed before I could stop it. The second main reason why I haven't been able to be active here is that my weekdays and weekends are filled with homework. Most days I stay up hours past when I normally do to get things done, although most of the time I don't manage to finish everything anyways since it's just too much. Kids in my classes all share the same issue, so it's not that I'm too slow or lazy to do the work; it's just impossible for a person to do all of it in the time given. Additionally, AP Computer Science is "taught" by one of the worst teachers in the school, so I (plus everyone in the class who doesn't already know how to program in Java) have no idea what's going on. I've done my best to stay out of the blatant cheating that's occurring right in front of me, where kids are selling each other answers so that they can make enough money to buy the next answers from someone else.

Now, I wouldn't consider Discord to be the third distraction from the forums. Instead, it's the substitute, because it's faster to use to communicate with the same people and I don't need my broken IPad to use it, since I can use my phone. However, the time spent there could easily be used to make posts here if I had a working device and was able to keep saving drafts that I spend a few minutes on writing throughout the week, so I can understand any blame for Discord for me not being here.

Hopefully, school will be less horrible and I'll get a new IPad for Christmas, but if not and/or until then, I'll still do my best to be active from my current IPad. With all that said, I know that plenty of posts have been made since I last was truly active, but I can't go read them all. I know RZRider has an RPG that is too time-consuming for me to partake in, and there have been big fanfiction updates that I can try to give feedback to, to the best of my ability. Besides that, what do I need to know about the forums now that I'm back? :)
BBB

Re: Staying on the Forums

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:13 pm

And Proudy. You forgot to mention proudy.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Welcome back! :yey: :yey:

Big Bad Bug wrote:Did you guys miss me?

Yes, I think we did. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Besides that, what do I need to know about the forums now that I'm back? :)

Well, first off, you should know that the word "that" should be "those" in the above statement, since you're addressing more than one thing with the word. ;)

Second, you join in on the Arc v.s. Sorc debate that got revived; it's in the KR subforum. Also, we should finish that collab MC we were making. :D

Finally, you should really tell the teacher in your Computer Science class about the cheating (unless he/she already knows, in which case said teacher should be fired for the multiple reasons stated by you and for the fact that he/she isn't addressing such a major problem). Sure, the class is hard, but I'm sure the students can and should still learn something from it. They can't learn from cheating their way through everything.

@RZRider: What does that even mean? ;)
:hero:
User

by magicmetal03 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Ninja wrote:@RZRider: What does that even mean? ;)

Oh yeah... BBB's crush...
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:08 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:
Ninja wrote:@RZRider: What does that even mean? ;)

Oh yeah... BBB's crush...

Lol.Join discord and you will find him raving about her.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Since when is Proudy a name? :?
User

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Ninja wrote:Since when is Proudy a name? :?

She is asian you racist.
User

by Ninja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 pm

RZRider wrote:

She is asian you racist.

It's still a weird name. Do you know how many Asians with weird names I know? I know a lot. And none of them are as weird as that. "Proudy" isn't even a word. Is it supposed to be the adjective form of "proud" or something?
User

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Ninja wrote:
RZRider wrote:

She is asian you racist.

It's still a weird name. Do you know how many Asians with weird names I know? I know a lot. And none of them are as weird as that. "Proudy" isn't even a word. Is it supposed to be the adjective form of "proud" or something?

I honestly have no idea.
User

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Actually, I can't make fun of BBB too much, since I am crushing on someone too.
User

by Minuet » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Ninja wrote:
RZRider wrote:

She is asian you racist.

It's probably just a nickname or something, don't dwell too much on it. ^.^

Also hai BBB.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Ninja wrote:Well, first off, you should know that the word "that" should be "those" in the above statement, since you're addressing more than one thing with the word. ;)

Ah, I missed this place. :mrgreen:

Anyways, don't worry about my class too much; it's my problem, not yours. I emailed him about the cheating but nothing has been done about it for about a week and a half, despite him literally saying to the class, "It's funny how so many of you guys emailed me the exact same code with the same variables and everything." :P
BBB

by Minuet » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:50 pm

There was a cheating problem in the same course at my old school... people would get assignments with notes written in the files from the original person with stuff like "#Remember to change the title and variable names" (this was python) and then they would submit them with those notes still there. :lol:
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Minuet wrote:There was a cheating problem in the same course at my old school... people would get assignments with notes written in the files from the original person with stuff like "#Remember to change the title and variable names" (this was python) and then they would submit them with those notes still there. :lol:

:lol: They seem just as blatant about it as the students at my school do. :P

Also, what is that gif you have as your profile picture?

By the way, Proudy thinks her name is perfectly normal. I've never heard it before, but, there are kids at my school with names like Oghenekevweaghogo, so she's relatively got a normal name. ;)
BBB

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Is ANYONE intrested with me having a crush?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:28 pm

RZRider wrote:Is ANYONE intrested with me having a crush?

Nope, because mine is more interesting. ;)
BBB

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:

How. It's not even love, it's stupid lust.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:13 pm

RZRider wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:

How. It's not even love, it's stupid lust.

I'm joking. :|
BBB

by RZRider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Oh. Well this is awkward.
User

by Ninja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:53 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Anyways, don't worry about my class too much; it's my problem, not yours. I emailed him about the cheating but nothing has been done about it for about a week and a half, despite him literally saying to the class, "It's funny how so many of you guys emailed me the exact same code with the same variables and everything." :P

Alright, I'm just trying to help you keep away from cheating. Last thing I'll say on the matter: it's a serious and infectious problem. ;)

Also, I'm fine with Proudy's name. I was just making a passing comment. :)
User

Next