Rogue One was dope!!!!! (SPOILERS (obviously))

Anything and everything.

Rogue One was dope!!!!! (SPOILERS (obviously))

by Oof_Shunt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:20 pm

I think so anyways. Action, cleverness, Star Wars continuity...it was a Star Wars movie but it was also very much its own movie which was cool. Plus it was standalone so there was no spending a first movie setting the stage and they could knock it out all in one...I've at least seen all the movies and thought all the little connections/references (subtle and not so subtle) were great, but has anyone read the catalyst novel or any of the literature? I feel like some of those might be good reads...

Favorite scene?

Favorite character?
User

Re: Rogue One was dope!!!!! (SPOILERS (obviously))

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Spoiler tag added. Not everyone has seen the film, and nobody wants to stroll in and get it ruined early.
Yes it's me

by Manijure » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Rogue One exceeded my expectations in terms of character depth, space/land battles, and dark themes. A very satisfying Star Wars story indeed, and an excellent bridge to A New Hope.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Ruby_Hex » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:32 am

I thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I loved K2-SO and the final scene with Darth Vader decimating the rebel soldiers.
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by The Kingmaker » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:29 am

I saw it again yesterday, and despite the experience being ruined by finding out about Carrie Fisher being drowned in moonlight and strangled by her own bra, it was still an amazing experience the second time around.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, my favourite moment is when you're watching Blue Leader's perspective, just a quick glimpse of hyperspace for the audience and the top of an X-wing as you POP into the burgeoning space battle that you now realise is about to commence. It's a true Star Wars moment with the perspective being just right to see the Destoryers and the Ties, the shield ring, the rebel flagship, hammerheads, transports, X-wings, Y-wings and a U-Wing. It's the moment you realise there's something more than the little covert mission and really puts into perspective how crucial Rogue One's mission is.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Rogue One was... ...not what I was expecting.
It was, however, a good story, as it highlights the true realities of war, and that it is a terrible thing.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by SealDarklight » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:39 pm

I just watched and the movie was amazing. I fought it wasn't really special since it doesn't follow the episodic line but omg I was wrong with that.
User

by nova_n » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:59 pm

BIGGEST SPOILER: Han Solo dies
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by SealDarklight » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:23 pm

nova_n wrote:BIGGEST SPOILER: Han Solo dies

He died in the last Star Wars movie!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:30 pm

I'd go as far as saying Rogue One was better than Force Awakens. It's a difficult film to make when you consider that you know how it ends. It's a direct prequel to A New Hope, so the final outcome you know is going to be them getting the plans out to the rebellion. What's great about the film is how connected you become with the characters in such a short period of time, whilst simultaneously knowing you're not going to see them again (ANH is already established with none of the RO characters in it aside from Imperials).

The cameo features, and little hints that tie the films in to the series were great, especially the digitally added Gold Leader from the Death Star run. I wasn't too fussed on Tarkin, he looked good when still, but when upclose the effect reminded me a little too much of Dobby from Harry Potter. It's great CG, but not entirely convincing. Likewise, Leia's cameo at the end was a little too smooth. I was also so pleased that there was a considerable drop in humour in the film. K2 had some great lines, but the droid wasn't played up for laughs like C3PO or BB8, nor was there any kind of slapstick Jarjar character.

Overall, the entire concept behind the weakness in the Death Star was brilliantly planned and helps explain that obvious weakness that in when seen just in ANH, was a big gap in the story. All the characters were well written and likeable, and it is a pity we're not going to see them again (except in the off chance of cameos in further prequels like the young Han Solo film) but that's the curse of good story telling and what makes the film draw you in.

Spoiler: Everyone dies eventually, the secret to immortality died with Darth Plagius' apprentice.
Yes it's me

by nova_n » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:28 am

Seal Dark Knight wrote
nova_n wrote:
BIGGEST SPOILER: Han Solo dies

He died in the last Star Wars movie!

:P

I know. I payed this joke on my cousin. I worried him for a while lol

Great great movie. Great story, great charachters, and everything was awesome. Now my top 3 starwars movies are: Rogue 1, revenge of the sith, and return of the jedi

Whats your guyses top 3 startwars movies?
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

nova_n wrote:Whats your guyses top 3 startwars movies?

Rogue One, Force Awakens, Empire
Yes it's me

by The Kingmaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 am

Personally it's A New Hope, Empire, Rogue One/Force Awakens.

Maybe Force Awakens will move up as it is framed and put into context by its sequels, because that's what's happened to ANH for me, with Rogue One really adding buckets to the simple story and plugging one of the few plot holes in a classic film, recalling making the two together excellent. I think I'm being a bit harsh on TFA because I really liked it, but at its peak Rogue One was just so tense and gripping and drew you in, because even though you ultimately know what's going to happen, it really drew mean and got me invested in these expendablea, right up to practically mentally shouting at the idiot to put the key through the door and get the Tantive out of there.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Oof_Shunt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 pm

nova_n wrote:Whats your guyses top 3 startwars movies?

Oo hmmm...that's a tough one...because they're all important to the story regardless of how good/bad they are...Rogue One was definitely dope.
I'm just trying to decide which I liked more: k2so or seeing the Chosen One in all his badguy glory.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:40 pm

In no particular order, my favorites are probably Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Sinque Productions » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 am

I liked how everyone died at the end. It made it seem more realistic. It annoyed me that we had one female main character (the main character) and no other important females. Same with Force Awakens. They need to add one or two main females.

Anyway my favorite SW movies are Return of the Jedi then Rogue One.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Minuet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:06 am

Just saw it, I really liked the female lead, they didn't take a "hero's journey" approach with her, in fact, there isn't really a single good thing that happens to her, besides that bit of revenge at the end.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 am

Minuet wrote:Just saw it, I really liked the female lead, they didn't take a "hero's journey" approach with her, in fact, there isn't really a single good thing that happens to her, besides that bit of revenge at the end.

Oh yea, I never really noticed that.
User