*forcibly holds tongue*
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Re: 2016

by Magnus0 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:36 pm

I think it's embarrassing that America is still putting up with that atrocious political system. Most of the Americans don't really have a choice though, and I feel bad for them.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Magnus0 wrote:I think it's embarrassing that America is still putting up with that atrocious political system. Most of the Americans don't really have a choice though, and I feel bad for them.

Almost half of them didn't vote anyway
Yes it's me

by Manijure » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:49 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:I think it's embarrassing that America is still putting up with that atrocious political system. Most of the Americans don't really have a choice though, and I feel bad for them.

That's what I'm mad about. And it's even more infuriating when those people complain about the results.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Magnus0 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Manijure wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:

That's what I'm mad about. And it's even more infuriating when those people complain about the results.

Are you mad because they didn't vote or because they didn't have a choice?

I know that I wouldn't have voted. There's really no point, as both candidates were equally bad. And even if there was an actually good candidate to vote for, the other half of America would still be pissed because 'the democrats/republicans won instead of us'. Basically there's never going to be a unity in America because of that stupid duality system that only leads to hatred.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:32 pm

It doesn't have to lead to hatred. You can have differing opinions without hating each other. It's just that none of the morons in the American government know how to 1) not hate people with differing opinions, 2) debate properly, and 3) cooperate for the good of the country when they know their party is beat.

Also, maybe you wouldn't vote for the presidency, but you should still vote for senators and such. The presidential election is the most important election, but it's hardly the only one with an effect. ;)
:hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Magnus0 wrote:I know that I wouldn't have voted. There's really no point, as both candidates were equally bad. And even if there was an actually good candidate to vote for, the other half of America would still be pissed because 'the democrats/republicans won instead of us'. Basically there's never going to be a unity in America because of that stupid duality system that only leads to hatred.

Why wouldn't you vote? How many candidates were there? Just Trump and Clinton? No, there were five. 57% of eligible voters shared between the two. Imagine if the other 43% voted for someone other than them. It would be a completely different story. If you don't vote then you have no influence on the future of your country, and no right to complain about it. There is a difference between being unable to vote and unwilling to vote.

And there's never going to be unity in the US because it's just appointed a new President that thinks all. Us Lima are terrorists, all Mexicans are rapists and has appointed a council made of people who think LGBT people can be cured with therapy.
Yes it's me

by Manijure » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:02 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:I know that I wouldn't have voted. There's really no point, as both candidates were equally bad. And even if there was an actually good candidate to vote for, the other half of America would still be pissed because 'the democrats/republicans won instead of us'. Basically there's never going to be a unity in America because of that stupid duality system that only leads to hatred.

Why wouldn't you vote? How many candidates were there? Just Trump and Clinton? No, there were five. 57% of eligible voters shared between the two. Imagine if the other 43% voted for someone other than them. It would be a completely different story. If you don't vote then you have no influence on the future of your country, and no right to complain about it.

And there's never going to be unity in the US because it's just appointed a new President that thinks all. Us Lima are terrorists, all Mexicans are rapists and has appointed a council made of people who think LGBT people can be cured with therapy.

I was about to make a reply, but Razor said everything that needed to be said.

Also Trump's tweets. I'll leave it at that.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:22 pm

@RaZoR: That doesn't mean that there can't be unity ever in the US. Maybe it won't come with Trump (or maybe it will, you never know what the future holds), but it still happen if us Americans get our act together.
User

by SealDarklight » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Well this has become a hockey and football match and they all bet who is going to win. Can someone take them seriously?
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:01 pm

SealDarklight wrote:Well this has become a hockey and football match and they all bet who is going to win. Can someone take them seriously?

Take who seriously?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 am

I don't know if everyone has seen this post on Facebook, but a few of my friends have shared it. It's basically a list of all the good things that have happened in 2016 that have been overshadowed by the bad. Edited for excessive strong language.

Right, I'm done with 'OMG 2016 was terrible', here's some awesome things that happened, you're welcome, Merry Christmas

There's an Ebola Vaccine now
Child Mortality - Down across the globe
+9% survival rate in pacreatic cancer sufferers
Gene responsible for ALS found
Volunteers in India planted 50 Million trees in 24 hours
Suicide rates down globally
The Ozone layer is repairing itself
The Rabbinical assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of trans and non conforming individuals
MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS
Leo got dat oscar
Wild tigers numbers up FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS
Giant Pandas - No longer endangered
A solar powered plane did a world trip
Global Malaria down by 60%
Measels ERADICATED from the Americas
93% of the world's children learned to read and write - the highest percentage IN HUMAN HISTORY
China plans to be completely renewable by 2020 and has a global plan for by 2050
Huge global push in renewable energy
Norway committed 0 deforestation, 0
Every major grocer and fast food chain in the U.S pledged to use cage free eggs only by 2025
Manatees - No longer endangered
Wild Wolves - Back in Europe
Wild Salmon spawning in the Connecticut river for the first time since the American revolution
Columbian white tailed deer - no longer endangered
Green Sea Turtles - NO LONGER ENDANGERED
Sea World no longer breeding captive killer whales
Humpback Whales - NO LONGER ENDANGERED
Global aid - up by 7%
Americas most generous year EVER in charity and aid
China's most generous year EVER in charity and aid at $15 goddamn Billion

Yes, some famous people you liked died, and you know what - more of them are gonna go too but take some time to look at the good and beauty in this world, good stuff is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it.

Merry Christmas
Yes it's me

by Zonoro13 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:24 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS

good shit
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by PitNata » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Uh, what is this? What does that mean? Can you explain?
Last edited by PitNata on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

PitNata wrote:

Uh, what is is? What does that mean? Can you explain?

Mortality means the number of deaths in this context. So globally, the number of deaths for children (under 5 years) is lower than it previously has been.
Yes it's me

by nova_n » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:19 pm

The news this year, including politics, national events and global events, have all been depressing. Ive never seen so much of this on the news before. But i mostly watch cnn, so they may not cover everything. But man. The syrian imigration crisis ,police shootings, natural disasters, riots. About 2-3 years ago, CNN covered various allitle bit shorter than now's topics(though i cant remember specifics), but this year, its kinda been hours upon hours of election news and its drama, riots, global conflicts, and the other things that ive mentioned. But the news does not cover everything. There are probably alot of great things that came out of 2016. For some it may be not related to the world, but about personal growth. For others, it may be about an achievment ie graduation. One great global event is that isis is about only 25% left, according to CNN. And there are probably many other things, though im not sure, great things that the news did not cover. Even if 2016 has been either good for us, or bad for us, I think everyone here will be looking forward to 2017.
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:40 pm

I think it's just because it's been an election year in the US and there was a referendum here so things actually happened Ed, because until now in my life things haven't really happened of this scale. I couldn't bring myself to listen to topical comedy this year because I just found it so depressing. On the ipside it meant I discovered other great comedies, but everything is so... tense and divisive now. There's no funny stories.

A few years ago on the comedy news shows they'd be discussing about random stupid politicians or a duck that fell in love with a helicopter. Now it's just doom and gloom and literal nuclear wars brewing
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:45 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I don't know if everyone has seen this post on Facebook, but a few of my friends have shared it. It's basically a list of all the good things that have happened in 2016 that have been overshadowed by the bad. Edited for excessive strong language.

Right, I'm done with 'OMG 2016 was terrible', here's some awesome things that happened, you're welcome, Merry Christmas

There's an Ebola Vaccine now
+9% survival rate in pacreatic cancer sufferers
Gene responsible for ALS found
Volunteers in India planted 50 Million trees in 24 hours
Suicide rates down globally
The Ozone layer is repairing itself
The Rabbinical assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of trans and non conforming individuals
MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS
Leo got dat oscar
Wild tigers numbers up FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS
Giant Pandas - No longer endangered
A solar powered plane did a world trip
Global Malaria down by 60%
Measels ERADICATED from the Americas
93% of the world's children learned to read and write - the highest percentage IN HUMAN HISTORY
China plans to be completely renewable by 2020 and has a global plan for by 2050
Huge global push in renewable energy
Norway committed 0 deforestation, 0
Every major grocer and fast food chain in the U.S pledged to use cage free eggs only by 2025
Manatees - No longer endangered
Wild Wolves - Back in Europe
Wild Salmon spawning in the Connecticut river for the first time since the American revolution
Columbian white tailed deer - no longer endangered
Green Sea Turtles - NO LONGER ENDANGERED
Sea World no longer breeding captive killer whales
Humpback Whales - NO LONGER ENDANGERED
Global aid - up by 7%
Americas most generous year EVER in charity and aid
China's most generous year EVER in charity and aid at $15 goddamn Billion

Yes, some famous people you liked died, and you know what - more of them are gonna go too but take some time to look at the good and beauty in this world, good stuff is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it.

Merry Christmas

Thank you so much for sharing the positive vibes! The thing is (in my opinion) that the media in general likes to focus on the negative because it's more interesting, thus making the negative seem more numerous compared to the positive. Not only that, but negative stuff seems to feel more prominent compared to the alternative simply because of the nature of negativity. Well, that and some other factors. Heck, if people focused on the positive more I think it may cause even MORE positivity because of the fact that it would make people feel more, well, positive and feel that they can make more of a difference and do more good which would then make OTHER people feel that way which would make even MORE people feel that way, et cetera. Anyways, my rambling is now finished. :lol:
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:Thank you so much for sharing the positive vibes! The thing is (in my opinion) that the media in general likes to focus on the negative because it's more interesting, thus making the negative seem more numerous compared to the positive. Not only that, but negative stuff seems to feel more prominent compared to the alternative simply because of the nature of negativity. Well, that and some other factors. Heck, if people focused on the positive more I think it may cause even MORE positivity because of the fact that it would make people feel more, well, positive and feel that they can make more of a difference and do more good which would then make OTHER people feel that way which would make even MORE people feel that way, et cetera. Anyways, my rambling is now finished. :lol:

I think you've just discovered the meaning of exponential growth. ;)
BBB

Previous