Beyond Frontiers: A Kingdom Rush Slaughter Thread

Anything and everything.

Beyond Frontiers: A Kingdom Rush Slaughter Thread

by Manijure » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:58 pm

I've missed slaughter threads. The two threads that I took part in last summer was incredibly fun and imaginative, filled with glorious battles and ridiculously hilarious dialogue. Now, I think it's about that time again to start a new one!

Unlike the last slaughter threads, this thread will solely take place in the KR universe, in the lands of Linirea and the Elves (from Origins). The story will take place after the events of Frontiers, where, like Zonoro's "Slaughter with Plot," all of us must join forces, Guardians of the Galaxy style to defeat a new evil that is out of this world... literally. To make this interesting, you are allowed to bring your original KR Heroes/characters into this thread, as many as you want.

Rules are simple. Don't post twice in a row, and be respectful. Also remember that no one can take on this evil alone. We're up against an evil that even Umbra cannot comprehend. Only through teamwork and cooperation can we succeed and vanquish our foe.

All right, on to the story premise!

Aligorn stared at the planet from his spacecraft. Contrary to much popular belief about aliens, he was quite humanoid. Aside from his green porous skin and six eyes, Aligorn was no different from a man. The magic and technology he harnessed, however, that was a different story. And his story began with the kingdom of Linirea.

Linirea... A glorious land that is ripe for the taking. He had the resources to subjugate the people to follow his rule; it should have been simple. However, there were complications.

He already had two of his top lieutenants holding powerful domains in Linirea. The God King with his never-ending army of desert warriors and nomads. The Reaper Queen with her infectious parasites and her enthralled Savage minions. However, their powers were not enough to take over Linirea. Aligorn needed the dark power of a third individual... Umbra. An ancient evil of pure darkness, Umbra had magic that Aligorn craved. All he needed was his top advisor Malagar to release Umbra from his prison so he could harness the power.

But of course the men of Linirea ruined everything. Malagar is dead, and Umbra utterly destroyed from existence. This was a huge setback for Aligorn. He needed an alternative source...

The door to the main control room opened, and a green infantile-like alien entered. Aligorn turned around abruptly, annoyed that his musings were being interrupted.

"What is it that demands my presence, young Chykka?" Aligorn asked sternly. "I would have been preferred to not be bothered at this moment."

Chykka did not reply, but took something out from his pocket. Aligorn gasped when he realized what he saw.

It was a red diamond-like jewel, but to Aligorn, it meant much, much, more. A smile emerged from his lips.

"Perfect."
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

Re: Beyond Frontiers: A Kingdom Rush Slaughter Thread

by Juice Box » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:00 pm

OOC:

Okay, fine, I'll head on back to the Forums -.- .

I've only got around two weeks before college starts again, though, which means only two weeks before I stop being bored out of my mind, so I'll have to leave once that shows up and all that.

IC:

"So," Juice Box says as she explored the Linirean Citadel. "Why are we here again?"
"Oh, we're just looking for other people to show up," Repeat, Juice Box's long-time friend and ally, declares. "Nobody's made a post in the slaughter thread. I think the real Juice Box is the first."
"Wait, the what?"
"Yeah, which is pretty cool, actually, since this'll be her first post on the Forums in like, a while now."
"What? But--"
"Stop yapping and focus on the mission," Malfy interrupts through their comms. "Look for your other teammates. And I need information on your current conditions. Do your powers work there?"
"Yup!" Juice replies through her comms. "Still tough as a bunch, and I can still control the ground, and my fire and lightning abilities work just fine."
"Same for me," says Repeat as she jumps over a large rock. "Don't really feel anything different here."
"Good," Malfy breaks. "Just get this over with and head on back as fast as you can. Ugh, I can't believe you're in some virtual world right now."
"What are you talking about?" Juice Box replies. "This mission is important."
"Ooooh intergalactic threat in a medieval mobile game," Malfy replies. "Sooo important. Those characters you're trying to save aren't even real."
"No shut up, they're totally real," Juice Box continues. "You're just peanut butter and jealous."
"Peanut butter and what?"
"Jealous."
"Why would I be jealous?"
"I don't know but you're peanut butter and jealous."
"OHHHHHHH," Repeat yells. "MILF YOU GOT DONE BURNT."
"Ugh, whatever. I hate you all."
User

by magicmetal03 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:26 pm

"So, nothing's been happening, eh?"
Alfred, the big bad wolf turned while sitting. The room was small, a bed was right of Alfred. Alfred's arm was on the table, his paws holding a tea cup. It was Jaelyn, the Red Riding Hood. She had in her hands a basket.
"Well, yeah," he said, "nothing really happened after the merge between Malicia and that giant spider. Nothing."
"Strange, isn't it? It isn't like the evil force to be resting for this long," Jaelyn said, worried, "I suspect that the evil force is trying the rise again."
"Don't be so pessimistic, Jaelyn." Alfred stood, and looked at Jaelyn. "Trust me, there won't be any evil coming. You should take this long periods of rest as a sign of hope, not darkness."
Jaelyn sighed. "Yeah, I should be more optimistic, like you. In fact, I don't know how you even be so calm," Jaelyn said truthfully.
"Meditation and just a good diet," Alfred said, smiling.
"Okay, then."Jaelyn said, "I'm just super nervous."
"If it helps to relieve your paranoia, we could go to Linirea and just stay there for some weeks." Alfred suggested.
"Sure," Jaelyn siaid, grinning, as if the paranoia was already gone, "Let's go!"

OOC:
I know this is bad :/.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Manijure » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Tristana disembarked from her ship by Southport, holding her cannon steadily.

"So this is Linirea," Tristana said to herself, admiring the rural surroundings. "It isn't Bandle City, but it sure is nice to breathe fresh air."

She started walking along the path to the Citadel, the capital of Linirea, humming a catchy tune that the Megling Commandos sing frequently.

Tristana wondered what kind of emergency Linirea had to send her over. In all of Bandle City's history, they have never been requested help by the King of Linirea, considering it takes about a week to voyage from one to the other. But when King Denas sent a letter to Bandle City's government requesting assistance against an upcoming threat, Tristana's superior knew in a heartbeat that she is the right choice for this mission. Of course, she accepted happily, excited to explore new lands and demolish foes with her cannon Boomer. That is, obviously, what she excels at.

After an hour of trekking, Tristana reached the village of Pagras, and stared in horror at the carnage ahead.

There were numerous sheep carcasses spread out on the fields, the stench of dry blood pungent. Even worse, it was dead silent, with not a single person in sight. It was a ghost town.

Tristana slowly walked around, keeping her cannon ready in case of an ambush. She walked towards a nearby farmer's hut, where she saw a garden rake and two seemingly sleeping farmers with hats covering their faces and surrounded by flies. Upon closer inspection, removing the hats, Tristana stepped back in recoil when she saw that there were no heads, just bloody stumps covered with fresh blood and brain bits. The flies should have been the first indication...

"What is going on here?" Tristana asked herself, disgusted and horrified.

Looking on the far horizon, she noticed a few pink specks scuttling in a certain direction. She couldn't see clearly, but it looked like they each had four legs and scythe-like hands. They seemed to be heading towards the Citadel...

"And I thought Noxus was creepy enough," Tristana said, shaking her head.

Baaaaaa!!!

Tristana turned towards the direction of the sound, where she saw a sheep being chased by three tiny pink critters. Unlike the pink specks she saw before, the critters looked like minuscule pods with four stubby legs. But they ran fast, and was inches away from catching the sheep.

By instinct, Tristana swung her cannon towards the critters and fired. The first shot collided with one of them, causing it to explode into tiny pink chunks. She quickly fired again, the second shot also destroying another critter. But before she could reload and fire a third time, the third critter jumped and latched on top of the sheep.

The sheep cried with a loud Baa!!, but was quickly silenced as the critter forced its mouth open, inserting what seems to be little eggs into its throat. The sheep's eyes suddenly bulged as its body abruptly exploded, pieces of flesh splattered on Tristana's body.

Emerging from the sheep's corpse was a large pink creature that matched exactly with the creatures she saw from the distance, a reaper of sorts. It swung its eyes towards the diminutive yordle and hissed.

"Oh boy..." Tristana said in disbelief, aiming Boomer towards this eldritch abomination.
User

by Zonoro13 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 pm

A rational man with a shotgun is at the gates of the citadel.

He was sent by a power which amuses itself by pitting rational men with shotguns against powerful and otherworldly enemies. This one is called Z.

Z had one hour to prepare for his transport to Linirea, and was given only basic information. He brought the following:

His reliable pump-action shotgun, with plenty of extra ammunition;
A phone with useful materials downloaded onto it, including the entirety of Wikipedia, strategic manuals, The Art of War, chemistry and physics textbooks, and survival guides;
A portable, battery-powered phone charger, a flashlight, and extra batteries;
Unmarked gold coins;
A first-aid kit;
Copper wire;
A lighter and an aerosol can of wasp killer;
A switchblade;
A backpack.

Z is resourceful, careful, and moderately intelligent. He has a good understanding of scientific principles, is well-spoken and friendly, and makes the most reasonable decisions he can with what he has to work with.

Right now, he is the most dangerous man in Linirea.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Filipuntik » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:05 pm

(Okay, here goes, what could possibly go wrong? Sorry for the exposition bomb, justification is my modus operandi so I take time to justify how this is going to fit into the story)

"Mister Tunn, I swear by the courier's code that I will deliver the letter. Besides, the crazed folk babbling about purple monsters are running in from the South whereas the Citadel is to the North! Well, North-West, but still, I'll be running away from trouble. You, on the other hand... Mister Tunn, I don't think Lozagon will remain standing for too long."

Postmeister Tunn, an aging man of a rather spatially prominent figure scanned the tiny lady who was standing outside the post office door, already one foot on the way.
"Miss Avantgardery, I'm afraid I'll just have to agree," he started as he ran a hand over his face. "I just want you to see what I mean - you're not local, I'd never forgive myself if you were never able to return home. You were even stationed here in Lozagon where we thought you'd not come to harm and when the war broke out, I was this close to sending you back. Now, whatever is happening, it poses danger to us, but mostly to you and-"

"Danger!?" the lady cut him off with a smirk as she grabbed both her pistol and her mace, swinging at her hips. "I'm trained against danger. Don't get me wrong, it'd still be an horrible idea to seek out combat, but I can defend myself. And deliver the message." She attempted to put up a reassuring smile, when something in her peripheral vision caught her attention. She immediately turned to see what the odd movement was and provoked her mind to remember the orientation of the post office, consequently finding out, to her horror, that she was looking South.

It was happening at the end of the village's main street that slightly curved among the houses and connected some of the village's most important institutions. She saw chaos as the villagers frantically seeked refuge from what sent chills up her spine when she saw it, despite having been expecting it. She noticed fire, yes, most likely caused by a frightened farmer desperately trying any mean of defense against the other odd occurence - streaks of purple dashing left and right, barely recognizable at this distance, but undoubtedly closing in to the village's centre.

"Another day then, Mister Tunn," she spoke with emotion drained from her face as she checked the envelope on the inside pocket of her coat. Postmeister Tunn would've retorted in a similar manner if he already wasn't thinking about where he should hide, so he paid no more attention to the big-headed lady from a different continent. Realizing she'd receive no response, the lady turned around and headed the opposite way from the ruckus, picking up her pace. Three main thoughts clashed in her mind. Would she be able to get to the capital safe and sound? What about the villagers, was their fate already sealed? And, finally, why did Mister Tunn insist on calling her Miss Avantgardery when no other person in Lozagon used any other name than Flippz?

To Flippz's misfortune, the path turned West right outside the village, which meant that if whatever was attacking the village fanned out, it was guaranteed to encounter her. She knew this, and already had her pistol ready, her head turned South. She didn't get a perfect idea of what was happening, but the rough idea of weird purple creatures mercilessly eviscerating practically defenseless farmers was just enough. Luckily for her, those creatures seemed intent on getting into the village and they only paid attention to the closest of poor villagers who decided to make a break for it, leaving her out of complication's way. Regardless, she knew that she wasn't out of trouble. After all, crazed village folk managed to outrun those things only by half a day and her intuition suggested that whatever attacked Lozagon was a mere fraction of the whole... race? It did indeed seem like she had a marathon in front of her.
"Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?"
User

by Sinque Productions » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:16 am

For some reason Sinque felt like checking back on these forums and he saw this. He's back! :veznan: :veznan: :veznan:
Also I can break the fourth wall, but I can do little else, so it's balanced ;).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Tsewang. I'm a monk from a far far away land (another continent confirmed). Recently, I was banished from my home, for fourth wall breaking. Don't ask me why the master monks would do so against one who causes no harm. They're stuck up wise guys. End of story. Anyway, here I am traveling to Linirea to aid heroes against an ancient evil. If I do so, perhaps I will be accepted back into monastery. I'm not even sure if want that though.

I am only an hour's walk to Linirea. I see the city spread out in front of me. Behind me is the little town of Otil (now you guys know what direction I am coming from ;)). I walk slowly to the bridge, bowing, and I am about to pray to the Tibetan river god, when I realize every major has it's own god in the Tibetan religion. And this river is unnamed on the Kingdom Rush map. So instead I look up water deities on Wikipedia and get a list. I pick Yam, a god of rivers, from a Canaanite religion. As it turns out, that is in the Israel Lebanon area.

"Oh Yam, great god, whatever gender you are because Wikipedia doesn't show it in away where I don't have to look far to see, I ask of you to keep this bridge stable even though it was engineered well enough it won't fall for a very long time, but I have to stay in character, so please keep it steady, I have a gift for you, this emoji :D."
I bow across the rest of the bridge and at the end thank Yam.

After a short walk, I reach the gatehouse. I pray to Janus, the Roman god of doorways and pass through, and without anyone noticing slip a charm into Z's backpack. After a few more steps I see Juice Box and her friends. I pass them, and slip a charm on each and every one of them. With these charms, I will be able to transmit all of my fourth wall information to my allies, and communicate with them. The funny thing is, they will probably think they are going insane when I slip them info.

I walk to a hotel, pray to Janus while walking through the doorway, and reach the lady. I pray to Hermes, Greek god of travelers, that this hotel may be a good rest from my travels, and it will allow me to travel again.

"How much do rooms cost?" I ask the lady at the counter.
"10 [whatever the KR currency is called]."
I pray to Plutus, the Greek god of money, that I have enough. And I do. I pay her, walk to my room and go inside. Then I begin my fourth wall searching. I find Flipp, Tristina, Alfred, Jaelyn, and Aeris.
And then I wait for someone else to reply to the thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Info:
Name: Tsewang
Species: ??? ;)
Abilities: Fourth Wall Breaking, Distant Charm Communication, Extreme Taunting, Powerful Healing, Godly Miracles (though always at the wrong time)
Setbacks: Will pray at bad times, only transportation is walking, no fighting skill (not a warrior monk)
Last edited by Sinque Productions on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

Re: Beyond Frontiers: A Kingdom Rush Slaughter Thread_

by AerisDraco » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:15 am

"Remind me why I'm doing this again?", says Aeris.
His assistant, Kintana, reminds him that:
"Sir, the Linireans are our staunch allies on that world, even if they are light-years behind us."
"Fair enough."
Aeris types in a few commands, and an electronic voice blares "Setting course to Irohidian System. Prepare for wormhole entry."
WHOOOOOOOSH
"Sir, enemy hostiles detected 50 km off the starboard side of the armada.", Kintana notes.
"Leave them. We need to set up camp."
More commands.
"Launch ODV-01?", queries the mainframe.
Aeris pushes the red button.
---
From the bottom of the flagship, a large pod like construction detaches, falling into the atmosphere below. Before smashing into the ocean at 200 m/s, the pod activates retro rockets, and lands (relatively) softly in the sea south of Southport.
"Report?", Aeris asks.
"Naval forces and food production online.", reports Concordius.
"Land forces and energy sources online.", reports Casitatus.
"Aerial forces and manufacturing centers online.", reports Imperius.
"Everything seems to be in order," Aeris notes, "Imperius, launch a messenger drone to notify the Linireans of our presence."
"Roger", says Imperius.
---
The top part of the pod, bulbous in nature, unfolds in a design inspired by flower petals. A center command tower houses the primary resources, while each of the petals focuses on a particular industry. On one, a rotatable railgun is loaded with a drone, before launching it at high speed toward the coast.
"Sir, the port seems oddly quiet for the middle of the day."
"Hmm...strange. Send the drone to the Capitol."
"Sir, we're picking up traces of alien activity."
"Imperius; Concordius; Casitatus; build up forces. Strike if necessary."
"Yes, sir."
---
Flying at hypersonic speed, the drone fires two missiles. They lock onto the aliens, and blow them up in a massive explosion due to the velocity.
"Targets destroyed. Rerouting to Capitol."
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:33 am

After recklessly charging into a den of thieves earlier and slaughtering them mercilessly, Kazak was busy laying around and being generally useless when he saw several large and several small pink creatures in the immediate distance, apparently terrorizing sheep somewhere near the relatively close town of Pagras. As he was pondering (If one could indeed call it that; Kazak has never been known to be a particularly sharp sword, if you know what I mean. Though that may not be a sufficient analogy, seeing as his "swords" are most certainly sharp. However, I digress.) about these creatures and what they might be trying to accomplish by chasing sheep around, he picked at his unclean teeth with one of his oversized knives.

Just then, he gurgled in pain as a not so insignificant wound that he should have sustained earlier that day whilst murdering those unsuspecting bandits opened up on his abdomen, gushing with alarming floods of blood and flesh. Muttering some indecipherable curse, Kazak groaned and rolled on his side to soothe the pain. After this, he heard the frightful cry for help (Baaa!, in the human vulgate :P) from a lamb nearby the tree he was suffering under. Tearing himself away from the immense task of doing absolutely nothing, he stood up wearily, testing his footing to make sure he could continue standing long enough to turn around and see about the fuss. Leaving his weapons under the tree, he turned around to see a sight that would make any ordinary man queasy. But Kazak is no ordinary man.

About 35 feet away, where a lamb should have been, there stood a Reaper (of course, Kazak did not know this name) over a freshly eviscerated sheep. Kazak cranked out several burbling noises that may or may not have concealed words roughly translating as "Thanks for making me lunch. No need to look so grumpy about it, though. And say, what in Moloch's unholy moniker might you be?" At this, the Reaper looked up at Kazak for the first time, and then cocked its hideous head in curiosity. After an almost imperceptible moment of observation passed, the Reaper brandished its arms, welcoming Kazak to a fight. At this, Kazak roared like a insane rhinoceros deprived of food and basic necessities of life. Or maybe he said " Now that's what I'm talking about! LET'S DO THIS!" One can never tell with Kazak.

In any case, the Reaper charged forthwith, thus exhibiting amazing speed which is surprising coming from a brute of such unwieldy body type. Kazak charged in kind, uncaring about his lack of weapons, thoughtless as he is. They quickly met, and their collision was met by immediate bloodshed. Kazak instantly sustained a massive blow to the upper body from one of the monster's horrifyingly weaponized limbs. Kazak grunted and took the blow in stride (amazingly) while returning the aggression by ripping the beast's other "arm" off with his teeth. The abomination recoiled in pain and shrieked in shock, but then swiftly reentered the rapidly progressing melee with renewed rage. Kazak dodged under an attempt to relieve him of his cranium (slightly dysfunctional as it is, he still needs it ;)) and retaliated by disemboweling the creature with his bare hands, removing some nasty alien organs from its abdomen. At this, the creature immediately collapsed, as is expected from someone who has just lost track of their vitals.

After the described battle, Kazak inspected his upper body, and not yet seeing signs of damage, concluded that the wound he would have sustained if he didn't have battle-enhanced toughness would probably come back to haunt him at the most inopportune of moments in the future. Seeing nothing he could further accomplish by this inspection, he decided to retrieve his weapons and go to Pagras, since that would probably be more interesting than waiting around here until his innards burst out of his skin (and I mean that quite literally), especially if there were more of those pink brutes to annihilate over there.

----------

Around half an hour later, Kazak arrived at Pagras to find a slaughtered town of sheep, farmers, and other things. Seeing this, he looked around the town, finding it to be a veritable ghost town. Until he reached the far corner of the town. Here, he stumbled upon an interesting scenario:

"Oh, boy ..." said the figure holding the cannon pointed at a Reaper. All around the immediate vicinity was the exploded remains of a lamb, freshly dead too, as noted by a sniff that only a seasoned shredder like Kazak would know how to interpret. The cannon-wielder didn't notice Kazak walk up behind her. Kazak didn't care in the slightest. He just wanted to kill something.

Charging headlong into battle like a Grammar Nazi in the midst of a huge correction, he blazed past Tristana like a tornado, zeroing in on the creature. Tristana reeled back in utter surprise (most people do when they see Kazak) as Kazak obliterated the similarly surprised beast with ugly sword strokes and sheer beserker rage. The monster was smitten swiftly, and Tristana stared in awe as Kazak rose covered in green and pink goo from the absolutely demolished corpse of the would-be sheep chaser.
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:06 am

Sitting in my hotel room, I knew Ninja, oh wait sorry it's Kazak this time, had entered this world, or I should say, got his first post. I wasn't sure if there would be others joining soon, but I decided it was time. So I prayed deeply to a Judaism, Christian, Muslim, Catholic, etc. god known as God. "Dear God," I chanted, "I want to spread your loving power to many to protect our world, there will be violence, but its okay because every God believing warrior every excused it as doing it in your honor, so I can do it (that's how it works, right?), I want to give powerful aiding charms to ones known as Juice Box, Repeat, Z, Flipp, Tristina, Alfred, Jaelyn, Aeris, and Kazak, for the love good God, I pray of you."

For the first time for many a years the miracle actually happens when I want. Near my stomach, golden light strands circle like those atom images, but moving and more strands. They get closer and closer until they are the size of a softball and then -- boom. The light expands outward, further and further, until it has touched all that it has meant to touch and it fades away.

It has healed and given strength to Juice Box, Repeat, Z, Flipp, Tristina, Alfred, Jaelyn, Aeris, and Kazak, and created secret charms on all except the ones that already had them.

I know a miracle like this I will not be able to summon again, not from God without many good deeds, for they are what he wants instead of sacrifices. Even other gods, like Zeus, Vez'Nan, or Addy (in case anyone is wondering, that's the Supreme Deity of the Universe that the guy who owns this account lives in, someone who pretends to be his dog) will not come to my aid after this, considering they are in the "don't give Tsewang miracles if he already got one from another god" bandwagon.

I decide to use my power to talk to my allies.

"I am your conscious. Do what I say. Jump of a bridge, you have to die. Just kidding. I am Tsewang, an ally of yours. I am a healer monk who can break the fourth wall. You probably don't know what that does, except Malfy if you are listening. I will not say. I have implanted charms in each of you, which by the way, you will not be able to find or destroy if the thought of stopping these mind messages occured to you. I know all of you, Juice Box, Repeat, Z, Flipp, Tristina, Alfred, Jaelyn, Aeris, and Kazak. Right now, this world is under invasion by aliens as a few of you know, and we must stop it. I think it would be best to meet at the Linirea gates, and soon."

I stop the transmission and walk down to the gates, and begin to meditate. The heroes will be here soon.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 am

(Quick OOC: Yes, he has an actual name. No, I haven't figured out what it is yet. You all will know as soon as I do.)

"I'm sorry, Doc, but I only used the damn things. Doesn't mean I know how to build one." The voice was metallic, the accents not quite on the right syllables, but it was better than the alternative. The doctor sighed, shaking his head as he picked over the weapon.

"It's alright, Irxtt." He knew he was still mangling the Saurian's name, but Irxtt was willing to be patient with him, and he was making progress. "Just having this is enough, and I know it can't have been easy to get. Thank you, truly. Hopefully when Vzkn returns, she can provide some insight into its workings."

There was a long pause as Irxtt fiddled with his gauntlet and keypad-- then, again, the robotic voice, coming from the device on the Saurian's shoulder.

"Yes, Doctor. Glad to be a help. If you don't need me, I'm going to go rest now?"

"Of course-- you may go. Thank you, again."

The Saurian bowed his head, and hurried out of the room, leaving the doctor to study the weapon. If Irxtt had described it right, it was some sort of crossbow, but far beyond anything developed by humans, or even dwarves... the desire to start taking it apart for study was almost a physical ache. He took a step back from the table, jamming his hands into his coat pockets. There was so much he didn't yet understand about Saurian technology, to start messing with it without Vzkn there to guide him could only lead to disaster. Still, it was right there, and very tempting...

The doctor shook his head. He needed to get out of the lab before he did something stupid. With the flip of a switch, he locked down the workspace, then headed out the door.

The sky was cloudy, and there was a chill in the air, but that was practically nothing when compared to a few days ago. It had been a tense few weeks at the compound, before Vasile's defeat, but things were looking up now. There was actual sunlight, no more hordes of monsters attacking every few days, and a few of the flesh golem prototypes had actually returned. It had taken some work to patch them up, but they were standing guard at the compound gates even now.

Though most people were indoors, tinkering with their pet projects, there were a few people outside, gathering their thoughts in the fresh air. And of course Frankie was still patrolling, keeping a watchful eye out. The golem was still tense from its time fighting Vasile's hordes, and almost never stopped moving. Its legs were going to need repair soon, if it could be convinced to stop... a problem for another day. The doctor pulled his coat a little tighter around himself and walked down the steps. As he did so frequently these days, he hurried down the path towards the message building-- a squat, round structure of shining metal, with one tall transmission tower rising from its center.

Reaching the door, the doctor raised his hand to knock, only for the door to slide open in front of him. A scratchy voice echoed from inside.

"Good timing, Doc. Actually have something for you, for once. Come on in."

A momentary pause, as he processed, and then the doctor practically sprinted through the door, which slid shut behind him and left him bathed in the orange light of the building. He rushed down a hall and skidded around a corner before coming to a stop in the central room, which was dominated by a trio of glowing screens and equipment, resting on a table in the center. In front of them sat Hannari, the dwarven technician in charge of the message room. She spun her chair to face the doctor as he entered.

"Wow, Doc. Don't think I've ever seen you move that fast before."

He ignored the jab. "Has there been a message? Are they close?"

"It was... a little bit broken up, but I think they're close. The transmission wasn't perfect... maybe a few more days? Can't be more than a week."

He deflated a bit, disheartened. "A week?"

Hannari gave him a withering look. "Emberspike isn't exactly nearby, Doc, and the tunnels can't be easy to navigate, even for them. Plus, I think they said some of their cargo was giving them trouble? I couldn't quite make it out..."

The doctor furrowed his brow, troubled. "What could be giving them trouble? Some sort of... unpredictable reaction? I'd hope not..."

"I couldn't say. But they're a capable group-- they can handle it, whatever it is, and we'll find out once they get back."

"Indeed. Thank you, Hannari..."

A week, tops. He could wait that long. He turned back towards the door.

"Actually, Doc, there was... one other thing."

He glanced back. "Oh? What would that be?"

"Well... it wasn't from them, but I could've sworn, while I was trying to get their signal, I picked up something else. Just for a little bit, a few patches here and there, and it was garbled, but..." She looked slightly nervous.

"What was it?"

"Well... I mean, it could've just been the static interfering, but... it didn't sound like any language I recognized. Didn't sound like Saurian, either, though that would be odd enough, we know they don't use this sort of thing."

The doctor paused, thinking it over. "What are you suggesting, exactly?"

Hannari shrugged. "It could be nothing, but it could also be something we haven't heard of before. Something with more advanced communications technology. I'm going to look into it a bit more, see if I can pick up the signal again."

In spite of himself, the doctor shivered with unease. Hannari had been working on boosting their communications for years, and as far as he knew her work was the best in the land. If there was something else that had already gone beyond that... he wasn't sure what that implied, but he couldn't help but feel nervous about it.

"That seems like a good idea. Do let me know if you find anything, okay?"

"Sure thing, Doc. I'll get working on it right away."
So what'd I miss?
User

by Juice Box » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:16 am

Tristana continues staring in awe at the giant being in front of her. She lowers her gun, Boomer, to signify that she is no threat, though she herself knows that's not a very good idea--this brute could very easily find killing her as amusing as killing that Reaper. Nevertheless, she continues.

"Look, I..." Tristana says, putting her hands in the air. "I don't want any trouble."
"GRARRbrainsarblarbll..."
"Oh, not very literate are you?"
Kazak, very slowly, points its bulky figures at Tristana. "Little... SHMUURRRF!!"
"What? No! I'm not a--"

Just then, the giant brute wraps its arms around Tristana.

"Gyaaahaha! Smurfie smurf! Smurfy blue smurf smuuurf!!" It declares in its hulking voice.
"No! Let--go of me, brute!"
But Kazak pays no heed to the little Yordle's demands, and eventually mounts her ontop of his back, carrying her around while singing the Smurf theme song, on his way to God-knows-where.

Tristana the Smurf Yordle complains the entire time, unable to break free of the brute's grasp, when suddenly, two seemingly teenage-looking girls--one brunette and one redhead--come sprinting in their general direction, as if running away from something.

"Hey--hey!" Tristana yells for the attention of the two girls, then slaps Kazak in the head. "Let me down, really this time. We need to figure out who they are!"
Kazak, whimpering from being slapped by his beloved smurf yordle, sets her down on the ground. "Ugh, thank you," she says as she readies Boomer.

The two women come close enough that both Kazak and Tristana can now hear what they're yelling aloud. It appears to be... some sort of chant. Tristana listens in more detail in order to discern what they are saying, until she figures out the words...

"What the fuck what the fuck what the FUUUUUUUCK."

The two women repeat this in startling detail as they spot both Tristana and Kazak. Shocked, they attempt to break off of their sprint, but end up stumbling on each other, oomphing and what-the-fucking along the way, until they both slam on the ground directly below the two.

One of them--the brunette--recovers, and raises her head to look at Tristana. "Ummm," the Smurfordle says, lowering Boomer. Kazak readies himself protectively. "Who...?"

Tristana looks intently at the brunette, studying her face. She is pale, with wide green eyes and distinct features. She pats her redhead friend on the shoulder, nudging her to look at the Smurfordle, as well. The redhead acknowledges, and Tristana gets a good look of her, too: flaming red hair and dark eyes contradicting her much fairer, tamer skin. She wonders what these two (most amazingly gorgeousest) women must be doing in a land like Linirea--they don't look like commoners, after all. Perhaps they are mega-supermodels in a far-away, modern world? Or perhaps super-secret agent spies who utilize, like many others like them, their dramatically unrealistic good looks to aid themselves in their missions? Or perhaps, dare she think so, they are but two normal (yet incredibly beautiful) women just trying to get by?

"R--Repeat..." the brunette whispers slowly to her friend. "Repeat, it's..."
"It's... it's..." the redhead replies just as slowly, then all at once: "IT'S A SMURF!!"
"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!" The two women, in lightning-fast speed, immediately get up and grab Tristana, squealing in delight and ignoring the Smurfordle's complaints as they do so. The terror in their faces just seconds ago seems to have disappeared entirely, replaced with complete over-excitement at finding a Smurf.
"Get off of me!" The Smurfordle says.
"Yiehihihihi!!" The two women simultaneously reply.

Having just about had enough of being grabbed by bigger people, Tristana boils up in pure rage, and proceeds to Rocket Jump out of their grasp. "WHOOOOAA!!" The two women shout as they're sent sprawling. Tristana lands on the ground nearby, completely unscathed. She's done this thousands of times before, against enemies who were actually intent on harming her, but she admits she may have overdone it this time--the two girls are beside each other and groaning on the ground, black gunpowder on their faces, several strands of their hair and clothes burning, though they don't seem to notice. Once again, they get up, supporting each other.

"J--Juice..." The redhead says, wide-eyed but recovering as she slowly sits up. "Juice, the smurf..."
"It... it..." The brunette replies. "It can TAAAALK!!"
"Yiehihihi!!"
"NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!" The Smurfordle attempts to run away but falls prey to the two girls' immense speed. Once again, they wrap her in their grasp.

"Let's name her Smurfie!" Says the brunette.
"No let's name her Smurfina!" Says the redhead.
"No wait let's name her Smurfette!" Says the brunette again.
"Get--get off of me--" the Smurfordle complains, but quickly realizes it's no good. These two women, strangely enough, are too strong for her. She goes limp, irritation vivid in her eyes. "Ugh, I give up."

For two consecutive hours the two women and the brute--Kazak, he has introduced himself--play with the Smurfordle, passing her around like a little blue volleyball, and the little one does nothing to stop them, only visibly showing that she is not enjoying herself.

"Okay so," Repeat says, tired and finally sitting down. "We're settling on it."
"Eeeyahh," Kazak replies. "Little shmurf's name is Treenana!"
"No no, I don't like that name, Kazak," Juice Box replies. "I get that she's her own person and has a name and all, but she's also a cute little smurf and therefore I say we must name her Smurfina."
"Yeah," the redhead picks up. "I agree."
"KAZAK AGG-REE!"
"Yayyyyyy!" The two girls reply.

"Are you three done now?" The Smurfordle butts in, lying on the ground, refusing to move in recognition of her three companions. "'Cause I'm not sure if any of you noticed, but there's a war going on, and we're supposed to stop it. Heckies, I don't even know who you three are."
"Oh, yes, of course!" Juice says. "I'm Tiffany, nickname Juice Box. This is my friend, Jesse, nickname Repeat. The cute big guy over there is Kazak! Say hi, Kazak!"
"HIIIIIIIIIII <3 <3 <3 ."
"Juice Box? Repeat? What kind of names are those?"
"Oh," Repeat picks up. "The real Juice Box--the person making this post right now--she's really sleepy and lazy and doesn't like thinking up original characters, so instead of going through all that effort, she just picks people she knows in real life and translates them into characters. The two of us, me and Juice, we're basically that. Juice is Tiffany, and I'm Jesse, her friend. She's done this in, like, all the past Slaughter Threads, I believe."
"Hmm..." The Smurfordle says. "So why are you here?"
"Oh, we found out that there was an intergalactic threat in Kingdom Rush just yesterday. So a bunch of us Superhumans uploaded ourselves into this virtual world so we can help fight. Me and Juice, we're just one of the groups they sent. I can create replicants of myself--hence the name--and I can turn my skin into any metal I touch. Juice can control the ground, plus fire and lightning."
"Woo fire!!" The brunette brightly responds in recognition.
"Okay... that--doesn't really make sense, but sure. Now why were you two running a while ago? Were you trying to get away from something?"
"Why yes, actually. Just a few hours ago we ran into these weird, pink-ish Reaper thingies with four legs and stuff. They tried to chase us and stuff so we ran away."
"Don't you think they would have reached you by now? It's been two hours."
"Well, yes, but we are Superhuman. So we're fast and all that."

Kazak nudges his three new-found friends, then points behind them. "Friends... you say... four leggies... like that?"
The three girls turn around, and find a large group of Reapers just a few feet away from them. The pink monsters eye their new prey slowly, as if pondering which parts of them would make the most delicious meals.
"Oh, no..." Juice says. "They caught up to us."
"All right," The Smurfordle declares. "You say you're Superhuman. I know Kazak over here knows how to fight. I just hope you two do, too."
"But... but... Reapers!"
"Be quiet and stand your ground!" Tristana complains, and brandishes Boomer once. This time, she's certain, she'll be able to use it.
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:03 pm

After a few days, Jaelyn and Alfred got to Linirea. Jaelyn looked around.
"It looks...blant," she said.
"Why?" Alfred asked.
"Because.... It is not as colorful as Aredhal."
"But you have to respect Linirea. This is a honorific symbol around here. This is the capital city."
Jaelyn sighed. "Fine."
Alfred walked around. "Do you sense danger?" Alfred asked.
Jaelyn walked around. Her nerves are tickling with fear.
"I KNEW IT. I KNEW THERE'S EVIL" Jaelyn yelled in triumph.
"But do you know where in Linirea it is?" Alfred asked.
"Oh... No." Jaelyn responded, embarassed.
"Come on," Alfred smiled, "Let's just book a hotel room."
"Good idea. Very good idea."

OOC:
Welp, here's a short paragraph.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Minuet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm

A peaceful day on an irrelevant farm, the presumed owner of said farm can be seen tilling the soil outside. An awful screeching noise prompts him to cover his ears, throw the hoe he was holding down and sprint to his house.

"alji ♫mothani bod♫y sign♫, chokchokan nae♪ips♪ul, nae ♪sumgyeo♫watdeon♫ BI♪MIL♪SEUR♫O- OW, fuck! That hurt!" screeches a voice off in the distance.
A horse-drawn carriage is seen travelling down the road, a singular horse pulling the fairly unappealing, squeaky contraption of wood. Four people, one of which is lying on the floor of which, are boarded.

"Create those ungodly noises one more time and you'll really know the meaning of holy judgement" says a woman clad in white, having just whacked the driver of the carriage with a large, golden staff she's carrying.
"Okay, okay, geez..." says a ranger-looking fellow with a green cape and long brown hair, holding the reins to the horse while simultaneously playing on a lyre he clearly never learned how to play, appearing slightly ticked from the woman's comment and physical assault.
"Light lady right" says another, smaller figured sitting in the carriage, a goblin. "Noise hurt Glb'll ears."
"Tough crowd..." says the inept bard.

Awkward silence then ensues for several moments, until a slight whistling sound then a loud splootch is heard. Everyone looks up to see red gunk covering one side of the bard. After a confusing moment the goblin bursts out laughing, and the other two look confusedly around, until seeing the farmer from earlier standing at the side of the road behind them giving them the finger, having already thrown a rotten tomato.

"Hmph, peasants can't appreciate true talent." says the now tomato-covered bard, holding his head high.
"Minuet, the only talent you have is a lack of talent." says the woman.

"How̧͡͏ ̶mu͡͝c̸h̡̀ ͟ĺ̵͝ó͟ng̛e̕͏r?͝" says the lying figure in a very croaky and gravelly voice, a large dark grey blanket and several other clothes wrapped around the entirety of their body.
"Soon, I assure you, the priests will be able to help." says the bard, Minuet, without looking back.
"Why are we even doing this?" asks the white-clothed woman in a stern voice. "They will not help her, we all know this to be true, you've had to deal with them in the past, you know how they can be."
"We have no other choice right now." he replies.
"How will we even get her in? What if somebody realizes what she is? I am the best healer of my sect, and I could not do anything, what makes you think they will?"
"Okay, the point isn't to one-hundred percent cure her there, we just need information, this must have happened in the past, and then we can go from there. Besides, we're almo-"
"SKY IS FALLING!" screeches Gl'bll suddenly.
"Shut the fuck up you overgrown weed!" yells Minuet back at him.
"L̡͜͝oo̸͜k.̕.͞.̛͡" says the wrapped-up girl.

A single, large object is seen falling from the sky into the nearby ocean, a minute later, another object flies across the sky almost directly overhead, launching two missiles at the ground somewhere not visible in the process.

"What the fuck..." mutters Minuet.
"Go... go to the capital, quickly" says the white woman.
"Yahh!" he yells while whipping the reins, causing the horse to break into a much faster pace.

"Gl'bll not weed" mutters the goblin.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Z is in a good mood. It seems one of the beings sent to stop the alien threat has the brains to enable long-distance communication. Immediately Z rummages through his backpack, in case Twesang was lying. He finds nothing, but the charm might be there, hidden from detection.

Z shouts into his backpack. "Hello! Tsewang? Can this device communicate both ways? How many others are coming? Hello?"

There are words, but they don't come from his head like the previous ones had.

Z turns around to meet someone looking decidedly monkish. He grips his shotgun and points it at the ground.

"Tsewang? How did you know I was here? Can the device communicate both ways? How many others are there and how powerful are they?"
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Manijure » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Tristana dashed forward towards the incoming Reaper horde, ignoring the panic of her newly-made acquaintances.

The Reaper in front quickly became in arm's length of Tristana, and attempted to swipe towards Tristana's stomach for a quick kill. Its scythe-like hand, however, only cut through air as she used her cannon to rocket herself in the air once again. Mid-air, Tristana mentally locked on to three of the Reapers below and fired three successive shots. Each shot hits its mark, turning the targeted Reapers into pieces of pink gunk.

"Up and over!" Tristana shouted as she landed to the ground smoothly.

The remaining Reapers turned towards Tristana, their mouths salivating with the idea of yordle meat, and charged.

Tristana estimated that it would take about twenty seconds for her next rocket jump to recharge, but she had plenty of shots to thin out the herd... so she thought. As she pressed a button on her cannon, it sizzled with heat and smoke, pouring out cannon shots at a much quicker rate. Reaper after Reaper exploded, none of them getting even close to Tristana. It seemed, however, that their numbers refused to dwindle, and Boomer was starting to run out of ammo.

"I need some extra firepower if I'm going to take ALL of those reapers down," Tristana said to herself, breathing heavily as she continued to fire.

And right on cue, her wish was answered by a snarl.

Kazak leaped onto the fray, ripping the throat of one of the reapers. The Reaper horde quickly turned their attention to the beast and rushed him. Unlike before, Kazak understood how the reapers attacked, and was able to dodge all of their scythe slashes. He slowly dispatched one reaper after the other, never seeming to lose stamina, as Tristana shot from behind.

However, as one of the reapers reverted his eyes back towards the yordle and decided to go after her instead, an idea formed in her head.

"I think it's time to unleash this bad boy!" Tristana exclaimed giddily to herself as she grabbed her strongest explosive spike charge from her belt.

With ease, she hurled the charge towards the incoming reaper. The spikes latched on top of its head, the reaper snarling in mild pain, as the charge began to glow orange and start the detonation timer.

"Hey big guy!" Tristana called out to Kazak, who was still in a killing frenzy. "Get out of the way!"

Kazak, amidst his savagery, heard Tristana's voice. Understanding what she meant, he quickly jumped out of the reapers' range and observed Tristana's plan come into fruition.

Quickly loading a particular cannonball into Boomer, Tristana locked towards the reaper and the explosive and fired, yelling "Buster shot incoming!"

Unlike her previous shots, this shot fired with incredible force and velocity that upon impact, the reaper got knocked back a considerable distance towards the rest of the reapers, the charge still ticking on its head...

"Brace for impact!!!"

KABOOM!!!!!

The explosive charge detonated, creating a massive fiery explosion that utterly obliterated the entire reaper horde. Reaper chunks flew into the air and back down like it was raining cats and dogs. Kazak stared at Tristana, impressed of her tactics.

"You didn't do so bad yourself there," Tristana complimented the beast, giving him a quick high-five.

Tristana and Kazak then turned towards Juice and Repeat, who had set up a picnic and were eating sandwiches.

"... You were spectating us the entire time?" Tristana sighed in disbelief.

"Yeah!" Repeat exclaimed happily. "That was quite a show!"

"And the bad pink thingies are gone!" Juice added with delight. "Yay! You were adorably badass out there, smurf!"

Rolling her eyes, Tristana put Boomer to the side.

"Anyways, with those so-called reapers out of the way, I assume you guys were called by the king of this land to meet him at the Citadel?" Tristana asked her acquaintances.

"We have indeed," Repeat replied.

Kazak, a little confused at the question, nodded anyways.

"Then let's trek onwards!" Tristana declared. "I'll lead the way. Not a moment to lose!"
User

by Filipuntik » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:40 pm

There was no time to waste, the Yordle courier knew that for sure. But she still regretted not stopping anywhere for the night. Sure, the Citadel might've had already appeared on the horizon, gleaming in the morning sun against the gray sky and was only getting closer since then, but she was not exactly sure if she'd be able to reach it, for she already felt at the bottom of her powers. In fact, she's been feeling like that for about an hour now.

Flipperine Fourniquet Avantgardery, you fool, she thought to herself, but not saying that aloud because she knew it would just be a waste of time. Don't you remember anything from your previous trips to the Citadel?

Eventually, not even her panting helped anything and she slowed down, tempted to just drop onto the ground and sleep. She didn't, though, knowing well that if she fell asleep in such an open spot, she might not wake up. It's barely a mile and a half now, come on, she kept repeating in her head. Every once in a while, she turned around to see if nothing dangerous was ready to pounce on her, taking extra time to scan the landscape to the South, but found no trace of that sickly purple anywhere.

Or at least up until she found herself merely half a mile away from the Citadel, already dreaming of falling asleep on the first comfortable spot she finds and then delivering the message all refreshed, when she made another one of her surveillance spins only to notice a thin trail of smoke against the sky. The fact that it was to the North made her write it off as anything but the monster attack, but she couldn't help stopping and gazing into the distance, which proved itself to be troublesome given her vision was starting to blur from exhaustion.

And then she spotted them again. She was unable to tell that those small purple points she saw was the same type of tiny quadruped she's seen in Lozagon, but she didn't need to know details in order to realize it was time to run again. Fighting back curses and NOs that she was so tempted to yell out, she picked up her pace again, reluctantly, yet without losing too much precious time. While covering the distance towards the Citadel's main entrance, she didn't bother to turn around and see that the creatures have, in fact, decided to follow her, instead she broke her original rule about no talking and yelled at whomever was capable of opening the gate into the city, begging to be let in. It dawned on her that a courier like her probably posed no importance to the Citadel itself, as she was barely a full-fledged Linirean courier to wear clothes that would probably get the gate opened. It dawned on her that her message probably had no importance at all and she might've just wasted important time and energy.

She turned around a little over three hundred feet away from the gate that nobody seemed to be bothered to open. Her last hope was to fight. She realized that as she reached for her pistol. She's kept that weapon only as a last resort given that she only had mere twelve bullets on her and it seemed pointless to aim in her state of exhaustion, but it was her only opportunity to act before she'd need to draw her mace.

Her vision cleared a bit as she'd slowed down, enough to recognize that there were three hostiles approaching her. She aimed at the one in the very front and fired, but immediately knew that she'd missed. She shut her eyes for a second, finding out she could see a bit more sharply after she opened them. It was enough to shoot precisely at the mini monster, and Flippz's second bullet drilled itself into it, stopping it in its tracks. The third one did the same to the second closest creature as the Yordle regained confidence in her shooting, but the fourth bullet merely scraped the third monster. An empty thick disc dropped out of Flippz's weapon, signifying she had to reload.

But there was no time for reloading, as it would take far too long. Flippz saw only one possibility of saving herself and grabbed the hilt of her mace.
"Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?"
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Jaelyn and Alfred went into the hotel, and slept in seperate rooms.

~~

They decided to explore Hushwood, since it is their vacation. At there, they decided to test their skills and fight Pillagers and Bandits. They're almost dead, but thankfully, there was an arcane mage nearby.

"That was close," Jaelyn said, gasping while walking away from Hushwood.
"Yeah, it was close. We need to be more strategic. We need to plan our moves," Alfred said, tiredly.
"Well, at least we're not dead. Yet." Jaelyn said.

Suddenly, a bush rustled. Jaelyn was about to throw stale cupcakes when Princess Allgeria, the Cinderella girl and Charlie, the Ugly Duckling pops out. "SUPRISE!" they yelled.
Jaelyn threw her cupcake back into her basket. "You scared me!" she wailed.
"Haha, sorry," Charlie said.
"I can see that Charlie still has his paper bag on his head," Alfred said, smiling.
"Yeah," Charlie said.
"Wait," Allgeria spoke, "Since Alfred is a wolf, aren't you suppose to eat Charlie?"
Alfred raged. He stomped and he sucked air into his mouth. "I'M A VEGAN. IF YOU GUYS SAY THAT AGAIN, I'LL HUFF, AND PUFF, BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN." Alfred yelled.
"We're just... teasing," Jaelyn said.
"Anyways," Alfred said, back to normal, "Jaelyn and I should go back to our hotel," he said.
"Yeah, we should go back too. Bye!" Charlie said, and he ran away, dragging Allgeria with him.
"They are weird," Jaelyn said.
"They are," Alfred sighed.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by xstargaming » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

How long had it been now? A year, at least, since the last time. Let's see, where did we leave off? There was a army of gargantuan robots, the crusaders of the light, a couple of journeys into the underworld (and back), then the apocalypse during the attempted overthrow of the universe. Every instance seems to blend together indistinctly in my memory, yet I recall the times with a measure of sentiment. Of course, it's better not to dwell in the past: Something new has come to this world.

---

The wind blew gently through the trees of Hushwood, passing over the brooks and flora of the forest floor. The breeze, as it had started, grew greater, forming into a gale, shaking the forest with an unprecedented force until it reached the center of the woods. The wind faded away, little more than a whisper as it touched a crystal aegis standing tall above the grass in a small clearing of trees. The smooth, blue material encased a hooded figure, dressed in shimmering robes.

My eyes opened. The crystalline structure around me turned to liquid as I began to move for the first time in ages. Here I had waited for the earth to beckon me again to my task, for the world to stir as dark forces sought to undo it. I felt the grass beneath my feet as I came from the now-disappearing crystal.

I looked upwards to the sky, "Well, this is bound to be interesting indeed."
User

by Juice Box » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:06 pm

bluh
Last edited by Juice Box on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User

Next