Beyond Frontiers: A Kingdom Rush Slaughter Thread

Anything and everything.

Re: Beyond Frontiers: A Kingdom Rush Slaughter Thread

by Filipuntik » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:30 pm

It soon became obvious that the tunnel to the Stronghold was not a comfortable cobbled path leading straight to the desired end, but a crooked beast of an ascent that either had Denas's men pushing the king through small openings or had everyone precariously crossing a chasm on ancient-looking wooden walkways. In the lights of torches, ropes, machinery and more wooden scaffolding was revealed around them as they slowly made their way across one such chasm.

Flippz was glad that she could hold the torch, as she didn't need to ask anyone to reach out into the pitch black darkness surrounding them and could do that on her own, carefully inspecting the wooden structures as well as the rocks.

"So the path is built upon a mine. Lots of them, actually..." she mumbled to herself. Nobody really paid attention to her. "Which means that there must be more entrances, and thus more ways into the Stronghold. We'll need to block those off, maybe with explosives" she thought as she raised the torch to take a look at two ropes crossing each other above their heads. "But if we do, there may be no more way down," she concluded in a somber tone.
"We'll fight them bravely and boldly, who cares about going down!" Poppy stated after paying a bit of attention to Flippz's thinking aloud.
"Maybe I do," retorted Flippz, frowning. "Maybe I just want to go home, but this was the only option."
"You do not want to fight? You'd rather run away?" Poppy asked her with spite in her voice.
"Yes," came the silent response that reached all the yordle ears but otherwise got drowned out in the sounds of the unsynchronized march. Flippz saw Poppy snort and the conversation was over.

The chasm seemed to take unusually long to cross, suggesting a lenghty fall down. Flippz tried to stop herself from thinking about the pit, the creaking of the wood, the cold air, the possible lack of supplies at the Stronghold and the conversation with Poppy, but only came to the conclusion that she'd have to talk to somebody. So she caught up with Tristana, who was ahead of them, leading the group of Yordles.
"So, I know this is not the best opportunity, but I might not get another chance... can I have a question?" she asked the Gunner.
"Shoot," Tristana responded, scanning the path ahead of them.
"Okay, ahem..." Flippz paused, one last time wondering if she should ask after all. "What's it with you and Teemo? I mean, there's-" she had to shut up abrutly as Tristana looked at her with a very rare death glare. Flippz looked aside, chuckling.

Unfortunately, as a result of the exchange, they both missed the spot of rotten wood at the edge of the walkway that others have noticed. And since this is Filipuntik's post, it only makes sense for Filipuntik's character to fall down.

There was barely any room to react as the wood gave away under Flippz's foot. Everyone turned towards the source of the sound, but by the time they realized what was going on, Flippz was already tumbling into the abyss.

"WHOAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..." her scream followed, fading out.

It was a perfect time for Flippz to say her prayers or think about death, but she had her brain circuits running at full power now. There was nothing on her that could break her fall, so she had to improvize. In the light of the torch alongside her, she watched the ropes whip past and got an idea. While approaching one rope that seemed not to be anyhow connected to the walkway's structure, she grabbed her mace and as she passed the rope, she latched onto it, holding the mace with both hands. The rope was a bit slack and slowed Flippz significantly, but the yordle wasn't planning on stopping, instead, she let go of the mace with one hand and kept on falling, soon performing the same maneuver on another rope. She kept hanging onto that one, however, as she noticed that the torch has already hit the ground a few feet below her. She just let go again, grabbed one last rope as she was nearing the ground and then safely landing on her feet, thanking her brain and her lucky star.

She looked up. How far was it back up? She couldn't hear anything from above. Either they have decided to move on, or they were already out of a yordle's earshot.

"I'M FINE! KEEP GOING!" she yelled up, having already given up on finding a way to get back onto the walkway. She didn't even know if her message reached them, and she knew she couldn't waste time waiting for a response.

But she was already addressing her situation. Finding herself at the bottom of a huge mine, she knew she would have to find another way to the Stronghold, or out. She started walking around, trying to remember which direction the group was headed. Eventually, in what she hoped was the correct direction towards the Stronghold, she walked up to a rocky wall. It was generally uninteresting, only covered with ancient wooden scaffoldings, but something to her left caught her attention. A spot in the wall was thickly covered in wooden planks. Her instincts suggested to try and pry through and her brain believed that the planks were blocking off a path to the Stronghold.

Trying not to think about what she'd do if she got hungry or thirsty, Flippz started smashing the wood with her mace.
"Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?"
User

by Juice Box » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Repeat yells as a gigantic Juggernaut smashes her between its arm and the ground, pinning her with tons upon tons worth of weight. She continues yelling as the Juggernaut presses harder, intent on completely pulverizing the redhead to the ground.

A wounded DM, bleeding on different parts of his body, brings his attention away from the two Queens he is currently fighting and uses his telekinesis to bring the Juggernaut’s arm away from Repeat. He continues with strained force, and eventually forces the hulking monstrosity to fall down on the ground. Its sheer, immense weight prevents it from getting back up, and a sudden leap from Juice capitalizes on this, standing on the beast’s shoulders as she sends millions of volts rippling through the Juggernaut’s veins. The abomination shakes and convulses in pain as its very insides burn, and eventually it stops moving altogether. James moves in on Repeat, increasing his own speed with his time manipulation, grabs her, then jumps away.

The two Queens capitalize on their distracted opponent. DM regathers his attention, kicking the first one straight square in the head, knocking it back and surely killing it, but the second one sneaks up from behind and stabs him. He grimaces as the sharp blade penetrates his skin. It’s still not sharp enough to dig as deep, but the pain mixed with the fatigue of three-days’ worth of fighting nearly shuts his body down.

Another Queen appears, hurtling straight toward him. He fights off his backstabbing opponent and blasts her away with an energy wave, almost ripping its body apart with the sheer force of the attack. He points to the third Queen, but it is too fast and stabs him through the chest.

“DM! No!” Juice yells as she jumps off the Juggernaut’s corpse. James hands an unconscious Repeat to Cloudfall’s protection, and together the two Superhumans charge towards the Queen. The poor alien has little time to react, and is immediately met by Juice’s fist smashing through its scythe-arm, pulling it out of DM’s body. It attempts to retaliate, but its other arm is torn completely by James’s telekinesis. Juice delivers the killing blow, smashing her gauntlet right through its head, creating a pulped mass of green, oozing flesh as the corpse slumps to the ground, adding to the hundreds of thousands dead around her.

“DM!” Juice yelps, checking the boy’s wounds. “DM, are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” he coughs. His clothes are in tatters, and blood trickles lightly from his mouth. His body is completely fatigued, stab wounds and black bruises skittering all around his pale form. He’s tired. That last hit from the Queens was the final blow.

“He needs to get out,” Juice says to James. “He can’t fight anymore.”

“Neither can Repeat,” the black-haired boy returns. “She’s out completely, the Juggernaut got her unconscious. And I doubt us or Cloudfall can last much longer, either.”

Some feet away from them, surrounded by Reapers, is Cloudfall as he guards the slumped body of Repeat. Thousands of alien bodies litter around him, though they show not even the slightest wound. The next wave of Reapers charge, and one, dark shockwave emits from his body. The aliens all fall down at once, their strength completely sapped from them, their energies taken away completely. The aliens don’t understand this—Cloudfall is negating their power, taking away their life force—but this doesn’t stop them, and wave upon wave continues to assault the pale boy, adding corpses to the piles. From this distance, it appears as though he’s winning, but the two both wonder how long before the fatigue finally beats him.

Juice looks at her own body: her clothes are in tatters, too, bruises and wounds littering her pale skin. Her eyes are drowsy and her head throbs. It’s a miracle she can still fight like this. She knows James feels the same.

The only one who looks fine is Trenton.

The pale blonde’s eyes have gone completely grim as she slices onward with one hand and continues mindbending with the other. Her thin blade continues to arc elegantly as she fights on, the tip glowing blue as actual air molecules are sliced apart from the immense sharpness of the sword.

“Trenton!” Juice yells, slowly inching her way to the pale blonde, DM in her arms, as James covers her.

The mindbender makes no reply, too focused on the aliens in front of her, but Juice knows she’s listening.

“Trenton, that’s enough!” She continues. “We need to get out!”

A sharp pain suddenly pierces Juice’s mind, and an overload of thoughts tells her—no, commands her—to stay. She resists, but knows this onslaught is coming from Trenton. She peers at James and knows he’s experiencing the same thing.

“We won’t last, Trenton!” Juice screams. “Repeat and DM are down! A few more hours and me and James will follow—we need to go!”

The blonde stops fighting all of a sudden, a grey aura enveloping her. She lowers her sword and allows the oncoming Ravagers to charge at her. She isn’t moving at all, but the aliens all turn to ash upon contact with her skin. Even the Hornets’ attacks vaporize as they reach her. She turns to Juice.

“We can beat them,” she says calmly. “We can last.”

“Last? Trenton, there’s still thousands more all over! They’re not stopping! We need to go—”

Another sharp pain tears through Juice’s mind, forcing her to cooperate, convincing her to stay. She drops DM and suddenly charges for a nearby group of Reapers, continuing the battle. James resists, though he’s finding it difficult.

“Trenton…” He says, trying desperately to shield DM’s body. “We’re going to die if you don’t let us leave.”

The blonde pauses, Reapers and Ravagers still disintegrating as they foolishly attack her.

“You heard what Juice promised,” James continues. “You let Lazarus leave us. You’ve left us weaker. If even one of us dies here, the blame is on you.”
Trenton reflects for a moment, looking at the mounds of dead before her. The Linireans’ fallen can’t even be seen anymore: the entire Citadel is filled with mountains of dead Reapers. Whatever casualties the Linireans had, the six of them alone have inflicted the same upon the aliens, a hundredfold. Maybe even more. Then she spots the unconscious bodies of DM and Repeat, guarded by James and Cloudfall respectively. There is weakness in their eyes—they won’t last another day. Trenton finally sees this.

They’ve done their job. The king must surely have reached Silversword by now. It’s time they left.

“Let’s go,” she declares.

Juice, suddenly clear of the mindbending, looks at her friends and understands the scenario. She nods to James, then readies her gauntlets, and with one final gathering of energy, charges right through a line of Reapers, creating a straight pathway for them to escape through. She yells as she collides with alien after alien, fiery fireballs and lightning bolts escaping her body as she does so, eradicating all in her path as she continues on like an unstoppable human wrecking ball.

James signals to Cloudfall, who brings him the still unconscious body of Repeat. He slings her on one shoulder then carries DM in another, then follows Juice. Trenton covers them as she does so, forcing anyone who got near them to fight each other.

A part of her is still stubborn. A part of her still wants to stay.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“They’ve reached Silversword Stronghold,” James says, using his Farsight to glimpse at King Denas’s whereabouts. “But a stray army of Reapers has caught up to them.”

“Is that all they have to face?” DM asks as his wounds recover. The process is slow, but thanks to his Superhuman durability, he’ll be back in full strength within a day or so. It’s been an hour since they escaped, finding sanctuary in a nearby forest. No sign of any aliens so far. “Are there more coming?”

“There are more, yes. Much more, and they’re coming at an increasingly rapid rate. Trenton’s Condemned Reapers are slowing down as many as they can, but it still won’t be enough.”

“Fuckers just keep coming,” Repeat says. She woke up just a few moments ago, completely bewildered by the fact that something actually made her lose consciousness. It was probably the closest she had ever been to death in combat. “Doesn’t matter how many we kill, the Matriarch will just make more and more.”

“The rest of them don’t know that,” Cloudfall replies. “They’re still stuck in Silversword.”

“And from the looks of it, they’ll be facing another battle if we don’t interfere soon,” James continues. “Defending the humans is imperative, but it’s only a temporary solution. If we don’t kill the Matriarch, Linirea will fall completely.”

“Who’s to say it hasn’t already fallen?” Juice rebuts. “The army is in ruins. Survivors are scattered. Hammerhold, Silversword, the other Bastions… how long will they even last unless we kill the Matriarch?”

“That’s why we should take her down,” James suggests. “Form a team to try and get rid of her.”

“Ooh! Ooh! Like a quest!” Repeat enthusiastically interrupts. “Like in the Lord of the Rings, except with different races. A bunch of Superhumans, throw in a Yordle or two, maybe even a demon girl or something. I’m down!”

“How would you even know that much about the Lord of the Rings?” Juice asks. “You don’t have a nerdy side IRL like me.”

“My character is being written by you, and you have a nerdy side. Therefore I can have one, too.”

“But—”

“Whatever the case,” DM interjects. “It’s always good to look at the positives. Denas has reached Silversword, so he’s in the protection of his soldiers for now. Soon enough, the nearby Dwarves and Archons will join him. Help him fight. Same goes for the Elves in Aredhel. We won’t have to fight this war alone.”

“The other main characters can help protect Denas and the survivors for now. We should start gathering a team to attack the Reaper Matriarch. Find whatever heroes we can to aid us—”

James raises his arm to catch a sudden arrow headed for him. It should have hit him straight in the head.

“… Starting with them,” he finishes, and with only two fingers, breaks the caught arrow in two.

-----------------------------------------------

“FREEZE YOU MOFOS,” the bard-looking human exclaims as he emerges from nearby bushes. “FREEZE OR I’LL FUCKING SHOOTCHA TITS OFF.”

He fires off another arrow, and this time it hits Juice square in the chest. It breaks on contact, bouncing harmlessly off her skin. The brunette stares at her attacker, horribly unimpressed.

“Oh, sweet Jesus,” he exclaims. “CYNE! Cyne that one has IRON TITS!”

“Minuet, keep down, God damn it!” replies a red-skinned girl with horns on her head. “Shut up and stop provoking them!”

“Iron tits?” DM asks. “I mean, I never even knew you had tits.”

“Oh, FUCK YOU.”

“Be QUIET, Iron Titties!” Minuet replies. “And get the rest of your group to stay shut, too. You’re MY hostages now!”

“Hello over there,” Trenton begins, the most diplomatic in the group. “It’s all right, you can come out. We’re not dangerous.”

“Damn RIGHT you’re not, no hostage of mine is gonna be any danger to MEwwwwhooooooooaaaaa,” Minuet gasps, stopping all of a sudden as he lays eyes on Trenton. “Hello, Mama.”

“Disgusting pig!” Cyne throws a bat—which she had magically conjured out of nowhere—right at the bard, and it hits him right on the head.

“Oww, woman! Wouldja keep it down? I’m-a minglin’ with the ladies here,” he bites his lips and wiggles his eyebrows.

Trenton giggles, more than accustomed to advances from men (regardless of how admittedly sad this one seems to be). “You’re main characters, are you not?”

“Yessum!” Minuet replies. “I’m the lead man, the lead role, captain of the story. This here is Cyne, my sidekick—”

Another bat hits him in the head.

“Oww! Okay, my accomplice. Both of us are main characters, yes, though as you can see, I’m the more important one.”

“Great,” Trenton replies. “We’re main characters, too.”

“Ooooh la laaaa!” Another bat. “Oww, fuck, where are you getting these things?!”

“Be quiet and let them talk!” Cyne emerges from the bush. “I apologize on behalf of my… friend… here. He can get carried away.”

“I’ve noticed,” the blonde replies. “I’m Trenton. Come on in and sit with us so I can introduce you to the group. We have a lot to talk about.”
User

by warbot1000 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:21 pm

END looks around checking the nearby area. He is not physically strong by any means on the contrary he is built like a stick insect. He has a multitude of rubberbands of varying colours over one of his arms and a staff made of a black substance unmatched by anything in the solar system. It was the darkest black imaginable and was shaped like a ? . END looked around and started flying over the area cloaked in his murder of crows looking for prey to feed upon.

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Eridan tried not to gasp for breath as he fell through the skies. Do that and he'd probably pass out, then he'd definitely die.

Zephyrine regained her composure and readied herself for the landing, winds blowing upwards and slowing their fall, albeit not enough.
Pulling on their fine Elven cords, billowing sails of cloth expanding outwards and seadying them to a complete halt, the winds micromanaging them to land in the perfect position, just in front of the gates.

Lynn and Reg'Son got to work immediately, the former cursing the reapers in front of them and the latter glowing with Eldritch fire and ripping them open. Elora glimmered with hatred, and froze the floor about them, Zephyrine created a great gust, sending the reapers skidding along the floor, unable to gain traction with their clawed feet, and fainted. Cyndar grabbed her as she fell, and he and Praeno carried as they sprinted towards the gate. Satisfied with their carnage, Reg'Son and Lynn grabbed Burden and faced him in the right direction as he idly thumbed a page.

Daidalles was the first to reach the great stone gates, as planned. He placed his palm upon the stone gate, reading its history and it's composition. Pushing harder with his hand, he read its depth, and then stepped in and through, keeping his palm on it on he other side, ignoring the astounded onlookers. The others ran through, the three twilight elves, the other elementals, Praeno, Gravitas and finally Eridan. He lifted his palm off, and the gate was solid again, they could hear the sounds of the creatures stashing against it. Catching their breath and checking their condition, they turned around to the assembled crowd.

Burden stepped forward and started to speak, Lynn placing a hand on his shoulder and RegSon starting towards him. They stopped and looked at Eridan, who nodded.

"Where's the king?" Burden asked, scouring the crowd.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Lazarus spoke to the Elven and Druid heroes in their minds: He is safe, my friends, but the Citadel has been overtaken by these infernal beasts. Then, he had the Outworlder that was with him light up the area of the crowd that he and the king were in by glowing. (This was so that the new arrivals could see where the king was easily.) Now, why have you come? Are you going to aid us in the coming battles, or you here for something else?
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:09 am

The god king rose. Behind tens of thousands of flying Anoobises began to hover slightly above the ground.

"Your time is over. It has been foreseen." the God King yelled at the dragons.

"Nah anh. You just made that up." Thydrgkng yelled back

"Did not!"

"Did to."

"I think the answer is clear," Zhou Zhou said suddenly. "You totally made that up."

"I didn't make that up." The God King looked at an Anoobis. "I didn't make that up did I, general."

"I am not a general."

"You are now. Did I make that up."

"No sir."

"You made that up too!" Zhou Zhou said.

"Yeah! How would the Anoobis even know?"

"Um..." the Anoobis looked down at his feet.

"My general can tell when I am foreseeing things."

"That's complete bulls--t!" A dragon yelled.

"Is not!" hundreds of Anoobises yelled."

"Is too!" all of the dragons yelled.

After along time of yelling, dragons from around the world came. The king's planned worked. The God King had been distracted.

The first dragon to come was Faustus. Soon hundreds of dragons began to filter in. They came in packs of two to ten.

The God King knew what the Dragon Lord had done.

"You will pay for that!"

"With what? Desert coins?" the Dragon Lord replied, and he charged.

Thydrgkng, ran forward, and as he moved a dragon formed around him. He moved faster and faster, then flung the dragon at the God King and charged the desert lord.

The dragon was very powerful, for Thydrgkng had regenerated all of his energy. It knocked the God King back, and pulled him off his feet.

But the God King jumped up swiftly and ran at Thydrgkng.

Thydrgkng swiped at the king's head, and then jabbed him in the chest.

The God King swung his fist, but the Sodarian parried the blow. Then he jumped in the air, to only be teleported to the ground again by Faustus. The dragon, breathed his magical fire at the God King, pushing him to the ground.

It took a second for the king to get back up, but in that second he was impaled by one of Bonehart's bones. Then Ashbite launched a fiery rock at him. The three dragons burned the God King on the ground. Thydrgkng they were spending heavy power and couldn't do it for long. He jumped at the God King and stabbed him in the neck. And then he did a dozen more times until the three dragons were weakened by the God King's power and were forced to retreat.

Thydrgkng swiped at the God Kings neck another time.

Before the God King could react, he was knocked a mile away by a massive rock coming from an earth dragon. Hundreds of dragons pursued the God King, but before they could reach him. A hundred thousand Anoobises came of of the ground.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Ninja » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:36 am

OOC:

@Sinque: CHILL with the "Anoobises", man! For heaven's sake, it's "Anoobi"! :roll:
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:48 am

Ninja wrote:OOC:

@Sinque: CHILL with the "Anoobises", man! For heaven's sake, it's "Anoobi"! :roll:

OOC:
According to this site,

I've never been certain of the rules surrounding the use of the -i suffix for pluralizing a word. I had thought that it was used for any word whose singular ended in an 's', but that doesn't appear to always be true.

For example, the plural of octopus can be written octopi. But the plural of chorus seems to always be choruses, never chori.

When is it proper to use an -i for pluralization?

The most popular answer is
The short answer is "only if you've seen the plural formed using -i by a respected source". In all other cases, make your plural by adding -s. If you happen to be picked up on this now and then, you can reasonably suggest you're just "ahead of your time", since it's highly likely all plurals will eventually be regularised.

And I don't see "Anoobi" anywhere on the wiki.

[+] SPOILER
Don't even try to change it on the wiki, Ninja
User

by magicmetal03 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 pm

"They're probably already at Silversword Stronghold already." said Charlie.
Alfred, Charlie, and Allgeria were running rapidly to Siversword Stronghold, thanks to Alfred's speed and his ability to carry it with his hands. Alfred has a map so that they won't get lost.
They talked a little about Jaelyn, but nothing else. They just ran.
Alfter an hour, they finally saw Denas and the rest. And so, they ran, relieved.

~~

Jaelyn was sitting in the forest, before 2 reapers kidnapped her.
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:17 pm

In a thrash of paper, Burden flicked through his book, scouring for details.

"...both" Eridan stated, uncertain of how to continue. This was not in the plan. All eyes fell to Burden.

"Verily, thou monarch shall have taken up thine Silversworde, henceforth ascend... assembling fragments of hope " ~ Pla'gus the elder, book of victories" the youth dictated aloud"

Eridan furrowed his brow "we cannot remain here, friends, they will soon be upon us...and Ally Denas, we must speak to you alone, we carry messages from our Queen" he lied.

The group clustered together and tensely walked toward the portly king
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Meanwhile.....up in the stronghold
The main gates are closed, with musketeer garrisons on the neighboring pletaus, still, they dont have sight to the mining tunnels where the Denas and everyone else is trekking up

Only a few musketeers stand watch, after all its just a passage leading to the gate.
Inside one of these garrisons,

"Lieutenant, where is the captain? His squad should have been back by now right?"
The lieutenant, who looks just like any musketeer, except he wears a long scarf (that doubles as a small cape) and has his left hand side of his hat flipped upwards, answers calmly.

"No, it would take them much longer to get up here, after all, its not just Darnell's squad, theyre bringing an entire convoy of refugees with them."
"You think they managed to close the gate?"
"Yes, the reapers should be days away. Worst case scenario they maybe have to deal with stragglers." Said the lieutenant, unaware of the apparent fact that an entire horde is just several miles below at the front gate
"In the meantime, just keep an eye out, but dont shoot yet. We'll search for them if they dont come within the next hour"

"Yes sir"
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by warbot1000 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:54 pm

END looked around waiting for his scout crows to get back. They came in their groups of three and four having checked their designated areas. "So... there are 2 groups... killing the supers sounds fun but the king seems like an easier target. It would also be superfun to kill a bunch of MCs. I might need to get some stronger crows first" mused END. END jumped down and found the nearest group of reapers. He got the crows to dive down and they burst through the reapers skin getting stuck inside their scaly bodies like some sick chrysalis. "Lets go boys" He said flying towards the caves.

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Filipuntik » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Finally. The planks gave in, allowing Flippz to see what was on the other side. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't a rocky wall or a caved-in tunnel, but a rectangular tunnel the interior of which was vastly different from that of the mine. It seemed tiled on the floor and the sides, and she could notice the sheen coming off of the lapis stripes alongside the walls.

She stepped in, hoping that such a carefully crafted path would lead to the stronghold. But after losing track of time, escalating and slightly turning corridor took a sharp turn, and Flippz noticed that there was an odd blue glow coming from behind the corner. She turned around that corner very carefully, but there was no danger on the other side. Instead, just a larger room lay ahead with an odd bowl in the middle. It was full of water, and it seemed that it was that water which emanated the blue glow.

Flippz bolted towards the bowl, thirsty for anything to drink. But then she slowed down, doubting the safety of the water. After all, she couldn't remember drinking any kind of liquid that glowed. Well, maybe except that alcoholic drink on fire.

So instead, she'd decided to test the water through various means. First of all, she reached for her mace and, to see if the water was not acidic, dipped one of the spikes into the clear liquid. She expected various results, not just reserved to the spike dissolving or nothing happening, but she couldn't foresee what actually happened. First, she noticed the entire mace to glow blue with the same tint as the water, and then the weapon jerked and swung itself into the air, causing Flippz to (very reluctantly) let go of it. The mace flew in an arc above the awestruck yordle's head and hit the ground with a massive TANG.

Flippz immediately knew that an impact of that cadence must've had left marks of damage on the weapon, yet she noticed none. The floor of the room, on the other hand, seemed rather unaestethically indented. Flippz picked the mace up very carefully, finding out it felt lighter than before. She walked up to the wall and, very slowly, she tapped the wall with a spike. To her surprise, even such a minuscule contact left a hole in the wall. She tried again, this time going for a bit stronger impact, and left a crack.
"Very well," she inspected the mildly glowing weapon before securing it onto her belt and turning back to the well. She had a choice. She could've continued through the other corridor leading out of the room, or she could've experimented further.

She went for the latter, unholstering her pistol and checking to see that it was loaded. Then, just like before, she carefully dipped the barrel into the water, getting approximately the same result. As the weapon launched up, Flippz repositioned herself and caught it. The gun wasn't all glowing blue as the mace, but, to Flippz's interest, only the inside of the barrel and the ammo disc did. She was considering trying the weapon out, when she noticed the room was changing. More precisely, the blue glow was slowly turning to red. The water in the bowl started to swirl and soon an odd tentacle of water rose from the bowl and started approaching Flippz.

Not wasting a second by hesitating or more time by trying to find out what was the water actually trying to do, she started running towards the other exit and into the corridor. After she covered a few feet of that corridor, she turned around to find out that the tentacle was still reaching for her, slowly following her into the corridor. So she ran further, hoping to reach a point after which the tentacle would stop following. But it didn't seem to stop. The only bright side was that the distance between her and the water seemed to be increasing.

Horror overtook Flippz's mind as she found out that she was approaching the end of the corridor - a massive bolted iron door with a small window that seemed to lead outside. She ran up to it, and, panting, looked outside. There it was! In the mist, she could see the walls of what must've been the Silversword Stronghold. She looked around, finding out that the tentacle has slowed down to a stop, but still aimed towards her. Hopefully, it was not like a venomous snake preparing to attack.
"Wait, don't I have a super mace?"

With four very exasperating swings, the bolts of the door gave in and the hunk of iron flew out of the mountainside, disappearing in the mist. Flippz walked outside, the cold she already felt in the corridor doubling or tripling. But when she turned around, she saw the tentacle shrinking, retreating. She allowed herself a sigh of relief before addressing her situation again. The Stronghold didn't seem that far away, but all she had for a path was a mildly steep mountainside covered in snow. With a few steps, she found out that she would be able to get to it eventually if she doesn't pass out before she reaches it. It seemed oddly similiar to her run towards the Citadel, but at least this time she didn't see any enemies following her.

Right?
User

by Manijure » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Darnell and his Musketeer squadron moved quickly through the dark tunnel, trying to reach Denas and the mass exodus as quickly as possible.

"How long do you think it will take for the aliens to break through the gate?" Tom asked Darnell.

"Based on their savagery, they might have already broken it," Darnell replied, his face grim at that possiblity.

"Then how can we protect the citizens?"

"I am not sure if we can. The least we can do is stall them even more. There should be a second gate that we can-."

A tiny hissing sound came from behind, as something was pattering closer towards the squad. The Musketeers ran faster with vigor and fear.

"What is that? That doesn't sound like a reaper..." a Musketeer said out loud.

"Could it be?" Darnell wondered.

The pattering sound suddenly became louder, despite the fact that the Musketeers were beginning to outrun the mysterious thing. Each footstep began to resemble a human one, as if its feet doubled in size.

"We're almost at the second gate!" Darnell shouted, seeing the gate spikes ahead of him. "Keep moving!"

Seconds later, all of the Musketeers passed through the gate and quickly stopped.

"Close the gate! Hurry!!!" Darnell yelled with trepidation.

Tom and a second Musketeer reached the nearby lever and began pulling, the gate slowly and slowly descending. The hissing behind them grew louder and louder to the point that it sounded like a snarl. The footsteps turned into booms; one could mistake the culprit's feet to be that of a lion.

"Cover them!" Darnell commanded his men, raising his rifle to the direction of the running.

"No, my good captain, run!" Tom urged. "We got the lever! Warn Denas and his people!"

"Nonsense, Tom!" Darnell said back firmly. "A Musketeer does not leave anyone behind!"

"We'll all be left behind if we all stay here!" the second Musketeer argued. "My captain, do not worry about us."

"Are you talking back to your captain, Spike!?!?" Darnell roared, his face turning red with fear and worry.

"He's right, Captain Darnell," Tom said, a resigned look on his face, as if he already predicted his own fate. "It is our responsiblity to pull the gate down and stop the monsters from advancing. Yours is to protect Denas under all circumstances. If we do not make it, ... then it is what is."

Darnell thought for a split second, his heart heavy.

"Very well, Tom and Spike," Darnell said, accepting their words. "... Godspeed."

"See you on the other side, my captain," Spike said. "Now go, that thing is almost upon us!"

Darnell and the rest of his men, save for Tom and Spike, continued onwards. As his perspective of the two brave Musketeers pulling down on the lever dwindled, he saw a glimpse of five green eyes mere yards from the gate, which was only halfway down.

The Musketeers then turned a corner, and Darnell lost sight of them.

"My king!" someone shouted from the distance.

King Denas, the main characters, and the soldiers and citizens turned around to see the squadron of Musketeers catch up to them.

"Captain Darnell!" the king said with a hearty smile. "I take it that the gate is sealed?"

"It is," Darnell confirmed. "However, we have a situation."

"A situation?"

"Something... one of the aliens, I presume... already entered the mountains. It is coming our way, and fast."

The citizens, overhearing the conversation, talked amongst themselves, fretting over their predicament.

"We have no time to delay, my king," Darnell said. "We must hasten our travels towards the stronghold."

"And so we shall," King Denas said with determination. "My subjects! Silversword Stronghold is close, but we must advance quickly, if we are to outrun the aliens! Onward, now!"

The crowd continued towards the path, doubling their path as the Musketeers periodically looked back to see if the "thing" was coming. Silence behind them... for the moment.

The Reapers continued to slash down the metal gate relentlessly, never pausing for a second.

Finally, a Reaper's cut finally broke through the gate, leaving a gaping hole large enough for them to pass through. The Reapers quickly crawled through and entered the mountain tunnel.

In front of them was a human body. Blood oozed from its stomach by a gaping gunshot wound. One Reaper recognized the Musketeer's insignia on his blue and white uniform. The human's eyes were closed, as if he died peacefully.

What was interesting was the body's left hand, or, what was left of it. It still had its thumb and finger, but the rest of the fingers were blown off. Meaty flesh lay on the ground nearby, where some green blood was spilled. The Reapers also noticed that there were a set of green tiny footprints that disappeared in the distance.

Knowing well that they accomplished their goal, the Reapers scuttled onwards through the path towards the stronghold.
Last edited by Manijure on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by xstargaming » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:07 am

I know my powers aren't what they used to be yet -- alas for the present situation, I may have to wait centuries for this form to become properly attuned to this universe. In light of my predicament, I set out towards one of my hidden artifacts in Frozen Highlands, hoping it will provide me with the power I need most. I hadn't designed it to be mobile, but with a few modifications I'm certain I could.

From behind me, I can hear the aliens moving through the rubble, their shrieks echoing across the plains.

---

Many days have now passed during my quest to find one of my waystones. I can sense it in on the icy barrens of this land, towards the edge facing the mountains in the east. However easy the venture was when traveling the grasslands, the weather here has not been so kind, and thus my magic has been in constant use since my arrival to the Highlands. With time to spare in reminiscing during the journey, I find myself glad I awoke in this form and not the one beneath the sands of the Azsare Desert or the Evermeet Mountains, for in my dreams I see visions cast where this sort of magic will be most beneficial. Also, it happens to be perfect for deflecting frigid winds.

As I approach the waystone, I feel its power tugging at me, as though space were warping around it to draw me in. Well, I suppose space is warping around it -- that is, after all, its purpose. Back in my original form, I made a series of waystones scattered throughout the world so I could travel in the event I found myself unable to teleport anywhere. The spherical stone rests upon its pedestal, a simple object of a glass-like substance that seemed to show distorted images of other places at its center. I knew when I began this task that I would have to take it if I wanted to be able to bend space freely again, but I was also aware that doing so would destabilize the network of waystones I had made. You see, in most circumstances the stones operate on independent spacial harmony; if any one stone is removed, that harmony won't be affected in any way as the network will simply reshift towards a balance between the waystones. In order to maintain the proper spacial manipulation properties of this one orb, I would need to create a miniature spacial harmonizer within the waystone using the entire network as a source of energy. Doing this will cause the network to phase out except for when the phase shift matches certain confluences with space and time. With any luck, some wayward soul wouldn't find one by accident and get stuck in the middle of a mountainside.

After making the necessary modifications, I take the waystone and watch as a pulse of spacial energy ripples out from where it had been. Now, where am I most needed?
User

by Filipuntik » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:19 pm

The trek began. It seemed that the Stronghold was close, but Flippz already knew better than to assume that her destination was not too far away. And yet, before covering barely a tenth of the distance, she heard a familiar voice.

"Flippz! Wait!" came from behind.

It sounded, to Flippz's surprise, like Tristana. She turned around to see and there she was, trodding through the snow after her. Flippz looked around to see if anybody else was joining, but couldn't see anyone. It puzzled her how Tristana was able to separate from the group and find her in the unlikeliest of places, but she was a little happy to have company. So she waited, switching gazes between the castle and the other yordle.

"Careful there," Flippz shouted back, recognizing the spot Tristana was just passing. "It doesn't seem so, but it's right at the edge." Tristana stopped, Flippz assumed it was just to look, but then noticed that she was loading a round into her cannon. Out of curiosity, Flippz stepped closer to her. Nothing about Tristana's sudden appearance made sense to her. And now that she could see her better, Tristana's looks were off-putting. There were minor details that Flippz picked upon, such as her pale skin or accentuated shadows. It was hard to associate those with the exasperating journey.

"I actually walked up here to tell you something," Tristana explained, finishing the chambering process, staring into the fog. "I want you to leave Teemo out of this."

And then, all of a sudden and thus catching Flippz by surprise, Tristana turned towards her and fired.

Flippz has seen the effects of a Bandle Gunner's cannon before and expected certain death as the round buried itself into her stomach. And yet she only felt excruciating pain and a sudden force carrying her back across the snow. She landed in the snow several feet from where she was originally standing. The snow seemed to cool her mind as she tried to connect the dots. One quick inspection showed that here injuries were rather minor and it seemed that no blood was drawn. The round was nowhere to be found. She sat up, looking at Tristana again, watching her prepare another shot. Tristana firing at her, that was another completely out of place detail. The decorated Gunner would never do that, fire at another yordle just because her possible love interest was mentioned. Wait, what was that shell she was loading into the cannon again? It was different from the previous one, that was for sure. What if she was just shot by some kind of trauma shot and the true death was coming right up? Flippz drew her weapon.

"Trist, don't make me do this. I actually admire you..." she held the pistol with the glowing ammo disc in front of her, aiming at the other yordle.

Tristana, on the other hand, just snorted and drew a bead on her. So Flippz fired. And again. And twice more, emptying the disc. Each bullet hit Tristana in the chest. The results were almost instantaneous as the Gunner dropped the cannon, which rolled off into the foggy dephts below. Tristana herself clutched at her chest before tumbling over the edge as well.

"Please don't be real, please don't be real, please don't be real..." Flippz recited a mantra of her own as she watched the suspicious Yordle disappear. She didn't notice the ammo disc get ejected from the pistol only to flip around in the air and click back into the weapon.

"Please don't be real..." she continued for a while, hard pressed not to tear up, before turning around and starting to sprint in the snow and bitter cold towards the Stronghold, hoping to find relief in the form of the real Tristana there.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:55 pm

The walls of the stronghold stand tall but silent, the lieutenant, along with several other musketeers scan the road and the horizon for anything

The lieutenant suddenly notices something weird, in a brief moment when visibility marginally improves, he notices a shape that is seemingly out of place, somewhere on a rocky outcropping not too far from the outer walls, but far enough out of effective range of any of the musketeers
he pulls his binoculars and goes for a closer look, a very faint blue glow can be seen from.........something around the size of a goblin, moving creeping ever so slowly along the edge of the outcropping

"Tykers, you see anything?"
"yeah, something over on that cliff side, seems weird, west south west, around.........2000 meters."

The fellow musketeer scopes in with his binoculars, but can't see anything odd on the white grey background, now obscured as the haze sets in again
"Nope, doesn't seem to be anything weird to me"
"Really? Its looks sort of like a goblin, try again”

A minute pass, but the fellow musketeer still concludes, "No sir, i don't see anything"
Lieutenant Tykers goes for another look, the strange shape is still there in his eyes, still moving.

“Look again, Sergeant, its to the hills with the abandoned mines”
“No sir, seems normal to me”

"I'm gonna go check it out, you stay here and ready the men and defenses Sergeant, King Denas and Darnell is taking a bit too long now, be ready for anything, but hold your fire."

"Sir, you're not......seeing things are you?”
Feeling slightly offended, the lieutenant sighs and replies, “No, Sergeant Taguins, I am not, its right there, and I am going to check it out, it could be an enemy scout but we'll never know, could also be signs of Denas.”

“Right, sorry sir, but are you sure you want to go alone?”
“No, I'll take my steed, but otherwise yes, I'll be by myself. Still, you can clearly see me from here, its not too far, don't worry”
“Alright sir, i'll warn the men and watch from here, Good luck.”

And so, the Musketeer lieutenant grabs his repeater rifle, knowing a standard musket rifle is useless if he cant see the enemy first to leverage the range, and would be difficult to maneuver in the tunnels and his gear (maps, climbing gear, a bit of supplies, light armor, etc), he rides his horse, and sets off into the direction where he last saw the strange shape.

Around about where the walls of the stronghold is far enough away that it begins to blend into the background, and he can see the outcropping a bit more clearly, a big thudding sound an be heard,
Tykers accelerates his horse, “Was that a gunshot?”, he hurries to the cliff, suspecting it was another musketeer, after all, the aliens don't use guns. 4 more rapid but weaker sounding shots can be heard soon after as he hurries to the cliffside.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Filipuntik » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

[REDACTED]
User

by magicmetal03 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 am

Jaelyn gets thrown into a cave. The reapers then left her there.

~~

Alfred, Allgeria and Charlie walked slowly in the crowd. They were discussing about Jaelyn.
"WE SHOULDN'T KILL HER," Alfred yelled, "SHE WILL LEARN HER LESSON."
"BUT SHE TRIED TO KILL ALL THREE OF US!" Allgeria argues back.
"WELL? SHE'S GONNA LEARN A LESSON!" Alfred argued back, "NOW SHUT UO AND TRUST ME!"
Allgeria said nothing and Alfred and Allgeria said nothing before realizing Charlie was shaking with terror.
"I'm sorry," Alfred said,"It's just a fight, don't worry..."
Charlie ran into the crowd, wiping off the tears inside his paper bag, leaving Alfred and Allgeria behind.
"Welp," Allgeria said, "We have to say sorry."
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Sinque Productions » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am

The dragons rushed forward to the fallen God King. Before they could get close. Hundreds of thousands of Anoobises come out of the ground. The dragons flew upwards, dodging the massive strike from the flying jackal warriors.

They could here a yell below them.

"I am sick of you puny beings. I am sick of your puny attempts. This will be your end."

The dragons knew that they unless they could kill the God King, or stop him, there would be more and more Anoobises coming.

The few hundred that had rushed forward to the God King flew through the Anoobeses' ranks, burning down as many as they could. The Anoobises were much slower than the dragons, making it harder for them to kill their enemies.

Behind them, the rest of the dragons charged into the fleet of Anoobises, toasting many. A few dragons were slain, but so far they took minimal loses.

Thydrgkng rushed below the great battle at the God King. When he was very close, many dragons were above him.

The God King began to fire bolts of red magic at the dragons, knocking one to the ground. Thydrgkng reacted quickly. Lighting flew from his headtail, forming a shield between the God King and the dragons.

Quickly, the few hundred dragons brought their fire together, and it raced towards the God King, going through a leak in the shield Thydrgkng had created. Then the dragons charged at the desert lord.

Lightning circled around the dragons, protecting them from the God Kings attack. The dragons flew at the God King, and picked him up, and flew away as fast as they could.

Many more Anoobeses came out of the ground. They began to fly at their master. Before they could, Thydrgkng's lighting shield blocked them, knocking the warriors to the ground. But they kept coming.

They raced at Thydrgkng who flew upwards, and the shield dispersed into the ground. A few Anoobises chased after Thydrgkng, but most flew at their master. They were greeted with fire. A thousand dragons from some eastern mountains blocked the Anoobises, burning them to the ground.

Thydrgkng flew past them, and the Anoobises behind were burnt to a crisp. He flew until he reached the God Kings involuntary escort. Thousands of dragons soon guarded them. The God King was stuck inside many powerful claws and would have a ton of trouble escaping or doing much at all.

The Anoobis warriors were still chasing them, fighting the rest of the dragons.

Suddenly, a powerful blast came from above. Thydrgkng knew of it before it hit and he deterred it's path.

"Take the God King to the Rift of Cinders!" Zhou Zhou told many of the dragons. "We will defend against this threat"

Zhou Zhou, Thydrgkng, and many elite dragons looked above. There was a fleet of alien spaceships.

Suddenly, thousands of blasts of red began to hit one of the larger ships, encasing it in reddish materials. Thydrgkng, saw its spawn.

The powerful blood orge fleet was here.
User

PreviousNext