How to defend logic?

Anything and everything.

Re: How to defend logic?

by Zonoro13 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:28 pm

PitNata wrote:Please no offence, but don't you think that's weird to say that we appeared/created by himself, yet that's not truly be logic. I mean, i could not say: Oh hey, i saw a boat which refuels by himself, unloads cargo by himself, loads goods by himself, and sails by himself! That's not logic in sense. Every action cannot be done if there's not something/someone that can do that. :idea: :?:

Well, i don't mean for example some other things, that RaZor have said before. Yes, i agree that there's not any super-hero guy that would fly to save the day from villains, or robbers
or even just thinking about ''children-Indigo''.

Please look up "responses to the watchmaker argument". Firstly, even if there is a god, that's not a reason to believe in any specific religion. Secondly, if the universe can't exist without being created, where did god come from?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by PitNata » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:18 am

Zonoro13 wrote:Please look up "responses to the watchmaker argument". Firstly, even if there is a god, that's not a reason to believe in any specific religion. Secondly, if the universe can't exist without being created, where did god come from?

You could ask either people, who believes in (Christians, Muslims whatever) . it's not like every one, but some specific people, who can tell you the reasons to believe on specific religion. (Specific people means someone who leads the prayer*)

I could take you for example, a snake. Some engineers have made a robotic snake, which moves somewhere identical to the original snake. Now, engineers thinking that the real snake himself didn't have any creator, who did just created the snake, it just appeared ''by himself''. While the snake have a complex machine of sorts, since it can bite, poison, move using the body. Robotic Snake can't do some of those things. It also be the same as we are, since our body is also a machine.

As how as i know, God existed without being created, So it would mean he existed forever, While we not.

*Sorry, my bad if i did said it incorrectly. Just a little note that's all.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by Zonoro13 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:46 pm

There is a scientific explanation for how the snake came to be. This explanation makes a lot of sense and has evidence for it. The same explanation works for humans.

If God can exist without being created, why can't the universe exist without being created by God? If there is a God who existed forever, why is there only one? Why is a single, omnipotent god a good explanation for the universe, when there are dozens of theories that make a lot more sense (like the Big Bang)?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Sir Toddalot » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:40 pm

I would say the reason most people believe in a god is that people are afraid of death. Everyone knows they are going to die sometime, and they want to believe that there is life after you die. Even if there isn't life after death, they'll never know cause they're dead. I don't know about you, but I'd rather die hoping I'm going to a better place than die in despair and without hope because you think you aren't going anywhere when you die. Here's one way to look at it; I'd rather die believeing there is a god and have it turn out there isn't, than die believing there isn't a god and have it turn out there is. It's really a win-win, if there is a god, (and if you lived your life right) then you go to heaven.(Or whatever afterlife you believe in.) If there isn't, well, you're dead. You'll never know you were wrong.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:58 pm

What if you believe in God but then it turns out that God isn't real but Zeus and other Greek Gods are real? :P
BBB

by nova_n » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:45 am

For both athiests and creationists, how would you guys argue about the orgin of everything
?
Last edited by nova_n on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Sinque2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 am

Sir Toddalot wrote:I would say the reason most people believe in a god is that people are afraid of death. Everyone knows they are going to die sometime, and they want to believe that there is life after you die. Even if there isn't life after death, they'll never know cause they're dead. I don't know about you, but I'd rather die hoping I'm going to a better place than die in despair and without hope because you think you aren't going anywhere when you die. Here's one way to look at it; I'd rather die believeing there is a god and have it turn out there isn't, than die believing there isn't a god and have it turn out there is. It's really a win-win, if there is a god, (and if you lived your life right) then you go to heaven.(Or whatever afterlife you believe in.) If there isn't, well, you're dead. You'll never know you were wrong.

I would agree. I have been trying for so long to believe there is an afterlife but I guess I am too scientific. :(
User

by Sir Toddalot » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:What if you believe in God but then it turns out that God isn't real but Zeus and other Greek Gods are real? :P

Oh, well then i guess you're screwed.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Ninja has made a new thread for the discussion of religion, so can everyone go there to talk theism and let this thread attempt to go back to the original subject of logic.
Yes it's me

Previous