SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER!

Anything and everything.

Re: SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER!

by xstargaming » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:12 am

Great, it's The Whisper again. At the very least the being is weakened, and its henchmen are nothing but petty clay. Then I remember that my power is a tad drained, and I cast some "mana efficient" spells at the incoming sorcerers. Each, needless to say, did not fare too well against my strikes. The Whisper was mine alone to destroy, and that I would. As Mecha holds off the other sorcerers, and I charge the creature for a second time.

"Back so soon?" it murmurs and giggles, "You're just in time to meet your end!"

"Insanity isn't becoming of you, Whisper, but consider it an interesting gift from our last encounter," I reply, or perhaps merely state.

In the next moment, I was neither here nor there, attacking it physically with illusions of myself. To my dismay, it dodges each attack. In the understanding that I cannot so quickly defeat this peril, I craft a spatial boundary to keep it confined within. Then I craft a second barrier, this one to silence its deafening screams and shrieks.

This is the 9th precinct. The end of the road, a place at which the world of the living and death nearly touch... To escape, I need to bore a hole, something wide enough for Mecha and I to get through, but not the beings of the dead. And so I begin to make our exit.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 pm

(Just reminding you- if you don't kill the Whisper you technically shouldn't be able to escape, due to how the Dimension Lock works, and it will definitely posses both of you later and try to take over.)
So what'd I miss?
User

by xstargaming » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:09 pm

YourNewOverlord wrote:(Just reminding you- if you don't kill the Whisper you technically shouldn't be able to escape, due to how the Dimension Lock works, and it will definitely posses both of you later and try to take over.)

(Oh muffins.)

In my attempts to drill a passageway out of this precinct, I realize that something was keeping it locked. The Whisper, of course. "You've caused me enough trouble for ten lifetimes," I yell at it, "so I thank you, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to obliterate you."

Shrinking the cage, I begin compressing it physically and mentally; crushing both its body and mind. Unfortunately, it's resisting with a greater force than I expected.

"Mecha!" I call out, "If you're not too busy, I could use some assistance in destroying this reprobate!"
User

by MechaNecromancer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Hearing Xstar's call,I finish off the last sorcerer by trapping it into a shadow web. I wondered how we would destroy the Whisper. Overlord said that it could regenerate on another form if it primary one was destroyed. I remembered about the pipe Overlord gave Xstar, about how it could destroy the Whisper for once and for all. I hurried to help Xstar contain the creature, but enemy troops poured on me.

I killed like a machine, but they were too much. My mind was on automatic mode. Slash, stab, crush, thrust. But the enemies were too numerous. I was being defeated due to the sheer number of them. I desperately was trying to remember a spell to save my life.

Then, I remembered about Vez'nan's staff, still lying in Highlich's final resting place. Using my mind to search for it, I finally found it. Using a basic teleporting, I transported the staff to my hand. After that, I went on a rampage. I killed too much enemy soldiers. In a few minutes, Whisper's army was obliterated.

I didn't have time to celebrate my victory, though. Xstar was desperately trying to contain Whisper so he could use the soul pipe safely. I ran towards him. After I reached him, I used both staffs to contain Whisper both mentally and phisically, binding him in chains. After he was fully bound, Xstar stabbed him with the pipe, draining his powers. Deafening screams could be heard from him, and then it suddenly stopped. All his troops were dead, too.
-Now, we need to open a portal- I said.- It will be a bit tricky, I've never done that while in the Land of the Dead.

After saying that, I sat down to meditate and wait for Xstar's reaction.
Last edited by MechaNecromancer on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:40 pm

(...Did that post before you finished? Also, Mecha would, in-character, know about the soul pipe I gave Xstar to destroy the Whisper- even though the pipes were speaking directly to him, they were still talking to both of you.)
So what'd I miss?
User

by MechaNecromancer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:44 pm

YourNewOverlord wrote:(...Did that post before you finished? Also, Mecha would, in-character, know about the soul pipe I gave Xstar to destroy the Whisper- even though the pipes were speaking directly to him, they were still talking to both of you.)

Holy cow,post went wonky. I gonna delete and remake it,sorry.
User

by xstargaming » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:20 am

(I completely forgot about the pipe... :lol: :oops: )

Rather exhausted from the previous happenings of this land, I let Mecha begin to meditate. Concentrating the last of my power, I channel it through him, giving him an added boost in finished the hole that I started. With any luck, we'll be out of here in an hour or less.
User

by MechaNecromancer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:52 am

I concentrated deeply. I created an image in my mind of the city of Linirea. If everything went alright, we would spawn in the Royal Palace, where I could apologize for my crimes against humanity (And elves, and dwarves...) and maybe get the King's support to build a resistance against the King of the Dead.

Now that I had that image on my head, now came the hard part. I had to imagine all the distance between us and our destination. This was the tricky part, because I didn't know the path of the Land of the Dead to the world of the living. I would have to abstract some things, and there was a good chance we would lose an arm.

I sighed, and started. My mind started working on creating a warp in space, shortening the distance between us and the Royal Palace. I imagined we rising through the Earth, through dimensional barriers and a lot of other stuff until we reached the world of the living, where we quickly ran towards Linirea. My mind was nearly exploding from the effort. While I surely learned new and fascinating things, it was exhausting. Finally, my mind reached the Royal Palace and I completed the spell.

Me and Xstar were catapulted through dimensions, rocks, more rocks, and many other things at an amazing speed. All looked white as I looked around me, knowing that if I moved a single muscle terrible things would happen. I concentrated in the path I had created in my mind, and with a large "BOOM" sound we crashed at the center of the Throne room.

-I've done it!Yay!- I shouted like a madman.

My former staff was broken, and now I had only Vez'nan's staff. Xstar was lying next to me, nearly dead but still conscious.

Then I realized that appearing from nowhere in front of the King while holding the staff of the most powerful necromancer that ever existed was not exactly a good idea. The fact I was a wanted criminal didn't help.

Pikes were lowered and I was conducted to the dungeons. Xstar remained in the Throne Room.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 am

I feel the soul pipe strike the Whisper, laugh aloud. The pipe, of course, is still bound to me- in a few short moments, the entirety of the Whisper has been absorbed into me. The rush of power is glorious- the strength of the lords of four precincts, mine in the span of a few short hours. Miraculous.

It doesn't take Mecha and Xstar much longer to leave the Land of the Dead after that. With a few spells I am able to block any signs of their escape- the King of the Dead doesn't notice. Then I sit down at the organ keys, and set about claiming my new territory.

Playing a dark song, I allow the pipes of the Organ to spread up through the sixth precinct, down through the eighth and ninth. The physical structure of the Ghost Organ grows, my new-found powers amplifying it. Its music echoes across the four precincts, as huge pipes rise from the ground at the border between the fifth and sixth precincts- separating my new, unified precinct from the rest of the Land of the Dead. A new gate. With music blaring through the pipes, my magic has already set about reshaping the precincts to my liking. But the redecorating does not require my active attention. I have more important business to attend to.

It does not take me long to reach the ninth precinct- the music propels me along at nearly the speed of sound. The organ pipes have reached the place before me, and are already remaking it. However, there is one area that remains untouched.

Flexing the power I absorbed from the Whisper, I call out to those it had once possessed. It is a startling realization that there are a great many- I can sense them all, even Mecha and Xstar. It seems absorbing the creature had benefits... I'll have to look into that later. For now, though, simply calling the stragglers to me is enough.

The remnants of the sorcerers in the Whisper's army join me. There are very few, but they are enough for my purposes. As I walk, the music of the pipes reanimates the dead around me- I soon have what amounts to an entire legion. We walk towards the area of the ninth precinct untouched by the pipes. As I reach it, they stop, looking nervous. They know what's there. But it is of no concern. I do not need them, not for this.

I step onto the untouched bit of land, and I can feel the change in the air. It is charged with magical energy. Something dangerous. I ready my own power. I have to see. I have to know.

I slam my foot into the ground, and cracks spread out before me. The earth splits and cracks, and, suddenly, a colossal hole appears. The earth does not fall away, it simply vanishes, evaporates, leaving empty space in its wake. A chill running down my spine, I step forward.

Within the nine-sided hole lies a huge crystal, wide and strong and infinitely deep, glowing a dark red. The light from it bathes my features, and deep within the crystal, I can almost see shapes moving.

A quick mental scan reveals what I already suspected- the Whisper had renewed the bindings before it went to fight. They would hold for one month exactly.

I walk over to the hole, kneel down by the edge, lay my hand on the glowing crystal. One month. So much to do, so little time to do it. One month to raise an army of the dead. One month to develop the new binding spell. One month to defeat the remaining five lords. One month to conquer the rest of the precincts for myself, all without getting caught.

One month until Orannis breaks free of his prison.

One month until the Land of the Dead is MINE.

I take my hand from the crystal and begin to laugh, the red glow of Orannis's crystal prison casting odd shadows on my face. The pipes are encircling the area, no longer daunted by the magical power of the prison. They would ward it from prying eyes. The sorcerers, called by my mental powers, walk forward. I don't need to say anything- the power absorbed from the Whisper has already informed them of their task. They know what to do.

I walk away from the prison. Time to return to what was once the seventh precinct. I have an army to raise, and a lot of work to do. It will be chaotic, no doubt, and difficult, with many twists I will have to take as they come.

But when all is done and over with, when the dust has finally settled from the coming war, I know one thing for certain. I will come out on top, and the world of the living, and the world of the dead, will finally be under my control.

Then, with the chanting of the sorcerers at Orannis's prison in the background, and my laughter mingling with the endless organ music that echoes across the four unified precincts, I begin to raise my army.

TO BE CONTINUED- OVERLORD WILL RETURN ON DECEMBER 1ST.

(Although, if I do get my IRL friends to be villains, I may show up out of character to introduce them. But shhhh, let the dramatic cliffhanger be dramatic.)
Last edited by YourNewOverlord on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
So what'd I miss?
User

by MechaNecromancer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:14 pm

The guards threw me in prison. The darkest room, made for the darkest necromancers. I heard the guards saying I'd be taken to a high security prison, but I didn't know where this place was. And I didn't care. I had to get out of the palace, and fast. I had to save the world from the King of the Dead then claim it afterwards. Some mere mortals wouldn't stop me from doing this.

The cell wasn't made for holding demons or liches, and I had the power of both. I started tracing a plan:
"There's an anti-teleport spell here. I'd need to get out of the castle to teleport away. My staff is probably stored in the Mage's tower."I thought."The guard in front of me is nearly sleeping, and the alarm is near him. Alright..."

My arms and legs were bound by chains, and some special torches prevented me from entering the realm of shadows. I started to carefully executed my plan. First, I started disintegrating my own left hand, bit by bit, very slowly and painfully. After that operation was finally done, I could use my left arm freely. The guard didn't notice, but I had to be fast. Soon another one would come to replace him and my plan would be ruined.

Then, I pointed with my handless arm to the alarm bell near the guard, making a soundproof invisible magical bubble around it. Finally, I destroyed the chains binding me. The guard quickly sounded the alarm, but no sound came out of it. I destroyed the door of my cell. He tried to use his pike against me, but I was too fast and punched him hard in the nose. He passed out.

With a snap of my fingers, the magical torches were put down and I entered the realm of shadows. When turning around... I could see something. A glow, to be exact.
"A magical door."I thought.
It had been made by a powerful mage, because I could barely see it. I approached the door. Then I touched it. It burned my handless arm, but it opened. The door required a sacrifice, one that I had already made. I smiled.

My smile only grew when I saw what was inside the room.

My mecha, in a perfect state, ready to be deployed. My happiness was so big I ran towards it disregarding any magical traps or alarms, because most wouldn't affect me anyway. I jumped on my robot, but as soon as I turned it on I could hear a loud, robotic sound:

MECHA FELL ON THE TRAP
CASTLE ON LOCKDOWN
ANTI-NECRO SQUAD, MOVE ON TO ROOM 587XSD

It was not a storage. It was a trap, and it worked perfectly. I screamed in rage.
User

by guacamole » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 pm

wow you are :
mages
servants of ultimate power
ultimate power

and i am a :
germ
ʐǟrɖɨvɨɖ ɖnǟ ɛlɮǟrɛuզռoƈ
User

by MechaNecromancer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 pm

I woke up. Again.
I looked around. Still trapped in the damn chamber... It had many torches to stop my shadow powers, and there was a squad of paladins and mages just outside waiting to kill me in the most creative way possible. Fortunately, my powers were recovering, but there was no way I could get to the Mages' Tower without getting blasted. I didn't plan to recover it, though. It was bound to me.

I concentrated. I could see the staff in my mind, and many Archmages studying it. Then, I used the power of Highlich to channel energy to the staff.

Boom.

The tower exploded. The mages somehow survived, but I didn't care. I just wished to cause as much chaos as possible to the ones who ignored me, who tortured me, who killed me.

I smiled. There was chaos in the castle. I could hear the alarm, and even sense the Royal Mages moving to protect the King. The door was opening. But I wouldn't exit by there.

Using the power of the Demon Lord, I conjured two orbs of hellfire in my hand. One turned in the shape of a hand and replaced my disintegrated one, and the other flew against the wall, opening a portal directly to hell, literally.

The door opened. I entered the gate and waved to the paladins and mages, who could only watch as I entered the portal with my mecha. The mages fired bolts of magic against me. I raised my hand, the one made of fire, and I smiled as the bolts all joined in one and trapped the team in a bubble. I laughed and went to hell.

Somehow, I knew I had little time to prepare myself for the incoming storm.
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Doesn't Overlord have the powers of Highlich and the Demon Lord? The King of the Dead would never let their power leave Death.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by xstargaming » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Stumbling about the room with a feeling bordering intoxication, I somehow managed to babble some nonsense before crashing to the floor. In a dream, I saw scenes unfold of fire and blossoming darkness, of a crow with eyes glowing orange as it faded into the night, of swiftly growing saplings, and of arcane objects presented before a shaded figure. Then, I saw water, a wave, a torrent of the ocean being thrown against me!

"WAKE UP!" said someone loudly.

Jerking rigidly and realizing that I was drenched in icy water, I rapidly opened my eyes to see the human who had brought forth my awakening. I would have known who he was, simply by looking through his memories, but I found that I was rather lacking in the "wow-you're-able-to-use-magic-again-and-all-of-your-powers-have-been-restored" department. I was, however, able to stand.

"My greetings," mumbled I, slowly rising from the floor.

Rather than replying, he simply stared at me in a stern manner. His pointed eyebrows actually made it more of a glare. He snapped his fingers, and I found myself being dragged away (and I most certainly mean dragged; my legs were still not entirely functional) to the entrance of this palace. Removed from it in swift form, I made it only down the steps before I was no longer able to maintain my balance. I had figured they would hold me for questioning, at the very least. It isn't everyday two powerful entities simply arrive through a portal from the Underworld. Perhaps it was an everyday occurrence for them? A possibility, though slim.

Finding a nearby pond, I attempted to channel some of the water into my face. Failing in this attempt, I stuck my head under the surface and waited until I was nearly out of breath. At the last second, I came away, gasping for air and in enough shock to restart most of my bodily abilities. Still no sorcery for me, though. Noting a courier who had been watching my act from afar, I approached him to ask for directions. Alas, he ran before I could do so, dropping a scroll of parchment onto the grass. Being a slave to curiosity, I opened the unsealed letter to see that the text was ciphered. In the hopes that this wasn't incredibly important, I took it with me to analyze at a later time. It was then, under a nearby oak that I decided to meditate. About an hour later, feeling fully rejuvenated at long last, I inhaled greatly and exhaled as I arose from spot. In perfect timing, a coach pulled up to the front steps. A lady, one adorned in fine lace and silks, stepped out from it, leaving it free for my taking.

"Salutations, my good sir!" I spoke to the chauffeur, "Might I pay for a ride to... the nearest town?"

Plainly thinking about it for a moment, he nodded his head. "The Lady Beleza won't be back any time soon; she's a guest of the king, you see. Yes... How much do you have? It's a fixed minimum rate, you see. Five silver, at least, and I'll get you where you need to go."

I pulled out the only item -- other than a small orb, the letter, and two coppers -- that I had in my robe pocket. With a grin, I said, "How about I hire you personally for a week? The necessity of swift and comfortable travel may come again." The driver licked his lips and hastily agreed. People are always fond of gold.

Stepping into the carriage, I began my journey. Though to where, I knew not.
User

by SilasLock » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:24 pm

*walks into battle*

*looks around in shock and surprise, then amusement, before shaking my head in resignation*

*walks away laughing* :lol:

Oh my God, a seventh slaughter thread? How...? :shock:
I have mad skills, but more mad than skills.
ImageImage
User

by wailwail » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh my God, SilasLock? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I MISSED YOU SO MUCH SILAS
Please welcome the new members, BBB, Ashbite, Blu3 and the others that I forgot what their name is ( Sorry )
It's a miracle! Finally the half elf half human paladin is back!
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by SairiRM » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:51 pm

SilasLock wrote:*walks into battle*

*looks around in shock and surprise, then amusement, before shaking my head in resignation*

Welcome back friend! :)
User

by SilasLock » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:31 pm

SairiRM wrote:

SairiRM! A fan of Arivan now, I see. ;)
I have mad skills, but more mad than skills.
ImageImage
User

by SairiRM » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 am

SilasLock wrote:
SairiRM wrote:

SairiRM! A fan of Arivan now, I see. ;)

Yep, even though I haven't played Origins yet. :P
User

by MechaNecromancer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Doesn't Overlord have the powers of Highlich and the Demon Lord? The King of the Dead would never let their power leave Death.

YourNewOverlord wrote:"Now... here's the part you don't want to hear. If this is going to work, I need to fake your deaths. And it has to be convincing. Mecha, I'll need to drain the power you took from Highlich and the Demon Lord. I'll leave you a small amount of it, and it will regenerate with time, but it will take a while. Xstar, I'll need to nearly kill you. But it's your only chance. Do you agree to this?"
User

PreviousNext