Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by razieltnt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:51 pm

What are the deals about granting Your company other franchise to use and include in a game? Who pays whom? The franchise owner pays You for advertisement, or You pay the franchise owner for rights to use the franchise? Or there is no deal at all?
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:11 pm

It was a gentleman's agreement and handshake for The Banner Saga I think, although it may be less gentlemanly if there isn't a KR reference in Banner Saga 2

Edit: Hi.. I'm the TaTs. Please allow us to answer other people's questions. THANK YOU!
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by The_TaTs » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:51 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:brothers

With this startling new information, I have a couple of questions about magic in the KR-verse.

How would I go about learning magic? What are general opinions towards magic and how would I find out if I could use magic?

Does magic turn blonde hair ginger?

Wait, Ginger elf and Blonde elf are brothers, I hope they're not Tauriel and Legolas' Kids. Who are their parents? Why can't we use two heroes and see how these brothers interact?

- You can learn magic by going to the Wizard Academy or by correspondence.

- Magic does NOT turn blonde hair ginger.... but it might singe your hair pretty badly if you mess up with a spell.

-There is no Tauriel and Legolas in Kingdom Rush. Arivan is a redhead and Eridan is the classical blonde elf. Genetics are weird sometimes. Their parents are actually a sorceress and a Druid, both very accomplished spell casters. Arivan is the older brother and followed the family tradition of being a wizard, while Eridan choose to become a ranger and is something of a black sheep. The brothers don't get along very well.

The Kingmaker wrote:You said you've finished with KRO, but this is bugging me and shouldn't be all that difficult.

Could you flip Lynn's Charm of Misfortune icon? The horseshoe is supposed to face upwards, in it's current position the luck would "fall out". Meh, nevermind, it's not important.

Superstition works different on Linirea. Unless we are talking about Stevie Wonder... he is just as awesome no matter on which universe he is in.

razieltnt wrote:What are the deals about granting Your company other franchise to use and include in a game? Who pays whom? The franchise owner pays You for advertisement, or You pay the franchise owner for rights to use the franchise? Or there is no deal at all?

We have ZERO deals with other franchises. Easter eggs are just us doing a nod to stuff that we like.
The Banner Saga thing is a bit more obvious, we became friends with the guys at Stoic and it turns out they love Kingdom Rush just as much as we love Banner Saga.
So we will exchange easter eggs. But there is no money involved... that would ruin the whole thing.
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Superstition works different on Linirea. Unless we are talking about Stevie Wonder... he is just as awesome no matter on which universe he is in.

That's why I love you guys. Best answer to a question. Ever.

My treasured creations:
User

by xstargaming » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:15 pm

This is fascinating to read (regarding Arivan and Eridan's relation), so I suppose the obvious question is: why isn't this lore presented in-game? And if it is, my apologies for somehow missing it... :lol:
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Building on the whole brothers thing, does that mean that they are technically half-druid, and therefore should look like one? The druids presented in game have horns, but neither of the brothers do. Do elf genes somehow trump druid genes?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Like Klingon genes...

My treasured creations:
User

by phillipriv9 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:04 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Building on the whole brothers thing, does that mean that they are technically half-druid, and therefore should look like one? The druids presented in game have horns, but neither of the brothers do. Do elf genes somehow trump druid genes?

Did u take Biology. The horn genes are probably recessive genes, and the elf ears are probably dominant. Basic Genetics.
1 there I put something here
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Yes, I did.
It may be so, but asking the devs never hurts.
And for the record, I'm apparently not allowed to forget things momentarily.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 pm

What other relationships do characters have with each other?

Will we see any (unspecified to prevent spoilers) returning characters in KR 4?
BBB

by razieltnt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:59 am

The_TaTs wrote:We have ZERO deals with other franchises. Easter eggs are just us doing a nod to stuff that we like.
The Banner Saga thing is a bit more obvious, we became friends with the guys at Stoic and it turns out they love Kingdom Rush just as much as we love Banner Saga.
So we will exchange easter eggs. But there is no money involved... that would ruin the whole thing.

Cool!
So a follow up question: Are You aware of any games, that introduce Kingdom Rush references as an easter egg?
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Juice Box » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:00 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:What other relationships do characters have with each other?

Will we see any (unspecified to prevent spoilers) returning characters in KR 4?

Adding on to the first question, is there any specific relationship between Alric and Mirage? Or do they have any lore of their own?

No particular reason for the question, just curious. They're both really cool characters, and in my opinion, have some of the coolest concepts in the game.

Oh, and because it seems likely: Is there a relationship between Eridan and Alleria? Was Eridan Alleria's mentor or something? Do their pasts intertwine somehow? Or have they met anywhere else before?
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 am

To add to all the random lore stuff going on, what age would most races (humans, both elves, orcs, mountain trolls, gnomes, even Saurians) live to?

What age are Alric, Eridan and Gerald?

(Is Alric Denas' illegitimate son?)

My treasured creations:
User

by Juice Box » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 am

Argh, swear to God this is my last question--sorry, swear to God, but, just, lore. How interesting.

Druids are different from Elves, we know that much, and they're an entirely separate race. How long do they live? Or are they half-immortal as well but look old instead of young?

Oh, and where are Eridan and Arivan's parents now? Are they aware of that slight conflict between the brothers?
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:40 am

We just need a place where TaTs or one of the story guys can just dump lovely, lovely concept data on for us to bathe in and enjoy.

That came out wrong.

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:51 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:We just need a place where TaTs or one of the story guys can just dump lovely, lovely concept data on for us to bathe in and enjoy.

That came out wrong.

Indeed,that does sound strange. :lol:
:hero:
User

by Draconian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:09 pm

The druids look very similar to the Varl; maybe there is some connection there?

I know it will be a long time before whatever game that you are working on now is ready, but when will we start to hear more about it?
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by The_Viking » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Sorry Tats, so many questions! :D

Who, in your opinion, is the most underrated hero in all the games? If all the heroes were to fight to the death in a big arena, which one do you think would come out as an underdog and do surprisingly well?
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by wailwail » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Has the team ever designed an idea and worked on it, but it was executed so badly it was scrapped and none ever talked about it after that?
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by AerisDraco » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:24 pm

You have opened a can of worms with this whole bros thing, TaTs.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

PreviousNext