Balance the endless mode

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Balance the endless mode

by PatoThePotato » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Hey guys before reading this i would like to excuse myself for my bad english , please leave a reply on what you think and say your ideas bellow as well :)

So the thing with the endless mode is that it doesnt really matter if you play on easy/normal/hard , because wave after wave (see what i did there?) the enemys are gonna be stronger with more health , this makes the game completly unbalanced and the only thing you can do after wave 60 is instakill them with the golden longbows ,
so these are my ideas to balance the game mode :

1) Dont give the enemys more health/attack - you can keep it on mini bosses , but dont make them too op as gnome items dont work on them, a max of 20 000 health is enough

2)have multiple heroes - this would be a perfect way and alot of help to your towers as there are 3 points you gotta protect , its really hard for 1 hero , this way every hero can protect a different side , if you wanna make this more interesting , make it so that every 25 waves you can pick an extra hero , a max of 3 though should be fair

3) make bigger hordes at every round but with normal stats - as mentioned before giving enemys so much health is too unfair , instead make more of them with theyre normal stats

4)at wave 100 make the boss of the map an actual enemy - so the thing i hate about the bosses in endless mode is that i cant kick theyre ass , you should put them on the battle field after 100 waves , if the boss is beaten you can still continue playing the endless mode as usual , but this actually makes it more of a challenge and you actually achivie something during the fight
User

Re: Balance the endless mode

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:14 am

Unfortunately, Endless Mode will never be the way you suggested, as much as I and probably many others would like it to be. :(

See here for more details on what happened.
BBB

by billakoz16 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:13 pm

My suggestion remains the same, add special towers with abilities that require skillful timing and upgrades that affect all towers and fit into certain strategies furthermore towers that can be indefinitely upgraded with an multiplicatively rising cost, make heros reach up to lvl 30 and have micro-mechanics incorporated in their abilities that allow for maximum efficiency just to get you one wave more to reach (and break) that high score (for example tower ranges made so that in order for power increasing ability of hero to effect maximum towers you need to place him perfectly and have built in those spaces your ''carrying towers''' rather than your cc or unbuffable stuff). Make waves smaller but more in number and set milestones with in-game rewards.
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by SealDarklight » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:01 pm

I dont think that Endless mode is unbalanced. First of all you dont get any bossbattles even if you get past wave 1000 and second they made this gamemode so that players would challenge others who gets the highest wave. Minibosses are the only bosses and they have ton of health but if you atleast have enough powerfull towers and keep the enemies away Miniboss gets more vunerable. So heres the balance, use as much 8 towers as possible otherwise if you dont have any artileries its gonna be horde of enemies and if theres not any arcane archers theres gonna be allot of twilight golems that get passt and you loose. So dont complain to them its a challenge gamemode who gets the highest score
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:09 pm

The problem is that there is no real competition because the waves are random and the enemy stats keep growing, so that nobody can really progress far beyond another with skill. Having special towers that have infinite upgrades or reusable powers would add some depth to Endless Mode and make it more about timing and tactical skill, as opposed to the more organised and strategic levels of the campaign and Elite Stages. Then there would be a real competitive aspect to it and the Endless Modes wouldn't feel like meaningless gem-grinding stages.
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:12 pm

SealDarklight wrote:I dont think that Endless mode is unbalanced. First of all you dont get any bossbattles even if you get past wave 1000 and second they made this gamemode so that players would challenge others who gets the highest wave. Minibosses are the only bosses and they have ton of health but if you atleast have enough powerfull towers and keep the enemies away Miniboss gets more vunerable. So heres the balance, use as much 8 towers as possible otherwise if you dont have any artileries its gonna be horde of enemies and if theres not any arcane archers theres gonna be allot of twilight golems that get passt and you loose. So dont complain to them its a challenge gamemode who gets the highest score

THIS DOSENT MAKEMIT BALANCED. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN MAKE IT PAST WAVE 60 WITH JUST TOWERS. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO USE SHOP.
1 there I put something here
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:21 pm

UUUUUUURGHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
BBB