A Whole New Game....

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

A Whole New Game....

by Mythrillian » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Right so I've been thinking this since KRO... We now have 2 Human games, 1 Elven and more importantly; no Dwarves.

This is what I would like to see a Dwarven themed game seeing as the other 2 main races are done.

Any Tower ideas? Please share them.

Why? - 1.Makes sense to have at least one game for all races in my opinion and 2.I love all things Mechanical, Electrical or anything Steampunk...
User

Re: A Whole New Game....

by Ninja » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Follow RaZoR LeAf's Kingdom Rush Chronicles in the Fan Fic Forum. ;)
:hero:
User

by Oof_Shunt » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:41 pm

*cough* *cough* (Battle-Mecha; dwarves; Rurin Longbeard; pirates) *cough*

Rather than humans/elves/dwarves, I think it's supposed to be that Frontiers is more futuristic and Origins is more ancient ... or maybe vice-versa.

:o :o :o

They're both equally awesome.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:50 pm

I agree that I would like a Dwarf game, but also agree we should not confine games to a specific race (especially as you need at last 4 different races, your own one and the three enemy groups) .

Personally, my main flaw with Frontiers is its rather terrible story. A dwarf free hero and different level descriptions could have made a very different and enthralling story. (something along the lines of stopping the evil (Malagar) from breaking into the ancient Dwarven homelands and freeing the enemy that they trapped in there, fleeing to Linirea afterwards). But hey, I just like Dwarves.

I actually have some ideas I have been putting into a Dwarf MC (shameless self promotion) but some ideas:

Artillery could be bombs, earthquakes, sound or anything else vaguely Steampunk. A mage could be based around granting runes to towers, empowering them, while another deals heavy damage, but deals physical damage (in Dwarf civil wars armour peircing magic was outlawed as it was unfair. Barracks couls be suited mechs, or glass cannon bombers, while archers use ballistas, crossbows, guns.

THe possibilities are endless. Steampunk Dwarves would also nicely contrast the elves who have various magic (magic trees, and bears/curses in artillery, enchanted arrows etc)
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by SealDarklight » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:21 am

I can agree with that we need dwarves however its hard to think about the story and where does it take Place. Caves have been already taken in frontiers, others like forest, grasslands, mountains, wasteland, haunte wasteland, desert, jungle, Creepy forest and skyislands. I rather think it would be taken Place on Cherry and Brich forest, Taiga and tundra as final level and most of wich takes Place at northeast. Yes northeast like it took Place at Russia or skandinavia. I mean i have few crazy ideas and i have towers, heroes and Towers and i also introduce that heroes have 3 abilities instead of 4 because its replaced with spell like in the origin and a new thing wich is full level buffs viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9908. Dwarves are good but it doesnt fit in when i think about the Caves when its already taken but dwarves do exist on northen cold lands in few stories and fary tales and the coldstep mines level. Who knows what the games gonna be
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:45 am

I disagree personally,

we

must

have

Dwarf

caves.

My treasured creations:
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:59 am

Simply becuase the caverns we have had are:

Blank, boring rock walls and vines for the Saurians.
If you count Burning Torment then Blank, grey rocky areas with lava
Forgotten Treasures: A cross of both (a indoor cavernous area, but with lava, blank grey rocks and annoyingly out of place gargoyles)

What Dwarves should have (and should be in FT) was less of the grey, blank rock (which still exists, but in less frequency, or perhaps with a more beige, less volcanic rock), many statues, buildings and other things carved out of nice, yellowed rock, as well as many bronze/gold mchanical contraption, with mines and stuff like that.

My treasured creations:
User

by SealDarklight » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:36 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Simply becuase the caverns we have had are:

Blank, boring rock walls and vines for the Saurians.
If you count Burning Torment then Blank, grey rocky areas with lava
Forgotten Treasures: A cross of both (a indoor cavernous area, but with lava, blank grey rocks and annoyingly out of place gargoyles)

What Dwarves should have (and should be in FT) was less of the grey, blank rock (which still exists, but in less frequency, or perhaps with a more beige, less volcanic rock), many statues, buildings and other things carved out of nice, yellowed rock, as well as many bronze/gold mchanical contraption, with mines and stuff like that.

If you want that then i would realy think that the Cave would be darker and a particle light. Youre perhaps right that dwarves live in caves and design the dwarves an underground civilisation but the problem is theres too many caves and there still grey and Lava isnt needed. I mean dwarves dont live underground all the time and they can live somewhere near mountains or forest with hills but what you people think about the cave thats ok. Only a bossfight and next would be forest and last would be dark night tundra.
User