Talk about anything game related!

Re: StarCraft II

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Have you seen the real one?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:54 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Have you seen the real one?

No,but that picture's definitely cute.
:hero:
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:26 am

Ninja wrote:

User

by Ninja » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:28 am

Kowaghuz wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Much less cute. :|
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:55 am

Ninja wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:
Ninja wrote:

snip

Much less cute. :|

[+] SPOILER
The joke is that is what a zergling looks like
User

by Juice Box » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:21 pm

I was playing the Legacy of the Void beta as the Protoss, and after killing off the Zerg enemies, I made this huge, beautiful army split into five teams:

1st: 12 Zealots - 12 Adepts - 4 Immortals - 4 Sentries - 2 Colossi - 2 High Templar
2nd: 6 Dark Templar - 6 Stalkers - 2 Archons
3rd: 8 Phoenixes - 4 Warp Prisms - 2 Carriers
4th: 4 Void Rays - 2 Oracles
5th: 3 Disruptors

If you're an avid Protoss player, then the team divisions should be quite clear. The first group is your main attack force, the backbone of your army. The second group is for harassment, but with two Archons because who gives a fruit Archons are cool. Plus, you know, Archons sort of match well visually with the Dark Templar-based units, so yeah. The third group is the main aerial force, because yay main aerial force. The fourth group is your dedicated support, and the fifth is for watching shrimp blow up because who doesn't love that.

I was trying to take pics, but I forgot that Legacy of the Void doesn't let you do that, what with open beta and all. So now I am a sad nublet who is crying inside. Huge, beautiful army all gone, dang it ;-; .
User

by shadownight » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 am

My terran forces shall overwelmed your forces muhahahaha

User

by Ninja » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Kowaguz wrote:The joke is that is what a zergling looks like

I understood that. :| ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm

2:40 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWmh2SGd-A

Juice Box, you NEED to play against Ruuddevil. I HAVE to see that battle. The end of the video shows his Blizzard username and his battle tag is 2876. ANNIHILATE him.
BBB

by Juice Box » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:2:40 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWmh2SGd-A

Juice Box, you NEED to play against Ruuddevil. I HAVE to see that battle. The end of the video shows his Blizzard username and his battle tag is 2876. ANNIHILATE him.

Haha, if we're ever online at the same time :b . Anyways, regarding his game... I don't know, he's fast with a mouse, but he doesn't seem to be all that good with macro. Just me, but I prefer all my structures doing something at all times, even if I'm not fast with a mouse.

I mean, look at his Sentries. They've got three abilities, so use them. He could have saved some effort off of his Zealots if he made Hallucinations of them and made them join his main attack force. And he actually made them charge without support from his Colossi... arrrrrgh ;-; .

One last problem, though: he researched Psionic Storm right at the end of the match. I mean, whyyyy? You're supposed to know your main strategy right after you scout your enemy (did he even do that? I didn't watch the whole vid). And then you research Psionic Storm? Right when you're attacking already? Nyaaaargh ;----; .
User

by Juice Box » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Alright, so, I was playing StarCraft 2 Multiplayer against a couple of friends. So friend A shall be named Enigmus Delta Tharion, EDT for short, and friend B shall be named Bunny because heywhynot. So there were two teams, Team Better Than You, consisting of me, and Team Suckypants, consisting of Bunny and EDT. To even this 2-vs-1 out, all of Bunny's and EDT's units have only half their supposed health. So if they have a unit that should have 50 health, it instead has 25.

So they were both ugly and fat Zerg while I was a badass Terran with a big-ass gun and bubblegum, and we met in glorious combat. Our CGI warriors clashed gun against claw, bullets meeting teeth and fang meeting skin, in what was clearly a tribute to the advancements humanity has made in modern graphics. EDT seemed to focus on rushing the shrimp out of me, periodically sending in troops of increasing power and size. Bunny, on the other hand, based on what I scouted off her base, seemed to be going for a more economic approach. It was then that I saw the tandem between them: EDT's rushing periodically weakened my army, as well as prevented me from properly expanding my base, thus limiting my resources and cutting off possible extra sources of supply. It would be then that Bunny would strike, with an amassed Zerg force going against my battered and torn Terran troops.

Thus, with my grand intellect and masterful tactical abilities, I realized that I would have no chance going on the offensive, and I made necessary preparations for the defense of my stronghold/s.

Near endgame, I had nearly reached the supply limit of 200 and had amassed a sizable army, the number mostly on Battlecruisers and Vikings, two of my most powerful anti-air units. I hid most of my Battlecruisers, however, in a hidden position, the reasons for which I shall delve upon later. Aside from these aerial assault vehicles, I had as well a reasonable amount of Marines, Medivacs, Marauders, Hellbats and Thors. This was to be my main attack force, but despite the Terran's overall superiority against Zerg troops, I was still heavily outnumbered and my whole army was still incapable of taking on Bunny's and EDT's combined forces head-on.

It was for this reason that I took my Siege Tanks and Liberators to my main base. These two units both have two modes: Siege Tanks can run around like a normal tank and shoot like a normal tank, but they can switch to a defensive mode which lets them deal immense anti-mob ground damage over a very wide radius. Liberators are nearly the same: these aircraft focus on destroying other aircraft with their splash damage, but they can switch to a defensive mode that deals superb single-target ground damage over a wide area. With this in mind, I bunkered them down in protection of my primary base. Around them, I built anti-air defensive turrets in the event that any air units appear, as well as bunkers for a few of my Marines to open fire.

Now, my main force went into battle with Bunny's and EDT's combined army, and it was clear that my men would not hold. I sent them on an all-out retreat, and they suffered heavy casualties along the way. To be quite frank, I knew my men couldn't win, so I made them focus on taking down the enemy's aerial forces so that it would be easier for my Siege Tanks and Liberators to tackle ground forces later on. Anyways, they had destroyed all my other strongholds and I was left with only my main one, and so they charged at it.

And then...

BOOMSHAKALAKA, MOTHERFRUITERS, DEPLOYING SIEGE TANKS AND SETTING LIBERATORS TO DEFENSIVE MODE, AND BAMBAM ZERG GO BOOMBOOM BAIBAI MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

The Zerg forces were scattered and sent to a disorganized retreat as I roared in victory, oh but no, I wasn't done...

The Battlecruisers of mine which lay dormant and hidden suddenly teleported in front of the retreating enemy force right as they went out of range of my Siege Tank-Liberator defense, and BANG BANG YAMATO STRIIIIIKE ULTRALISKS GO WHOOSH DED AND MUTALISKS BE LIKE OH MY WINGS WAAAAAAH.

It was fruiting glorious, y'all nublets. Immensely outnumbered and I still managed to wipe out the entire enemy force, so take that and feel my tactical amazinginess ha.

Anyways, I still lost lol. I was low on resources afterwards, and my remaining army was really low in numbers. I tried doing an attack against their strongholds, but Goddamn Bunny had a fruitton of defenses, screw you, ghurl.

So yeah. SC2. Tactics. Look at all these tactics, brahh. Go play it.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:41 pm

It sounds really cool. I'm going to try to watch all of Ruud's play through of the game to see if I really want to play it, because I'm still put off by a few things in the game.
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Tbh I'm still not sold with the game yet.

I'd much rather play something among the lines of Civilization: Beyond Earth. It presents a wider range of possibilities on a larger scale and poses philosophical dilemmas to you(In a simplified manner, yes, but it still does)

Check these rad mofos:

[+] SPOILER

User

by Juice Box » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:It sounds really cool. I'm going to try to watch all of Ruud's play through of the game to see if I really want to play it, because I'm still put off by a few things in the game.

Such as?

Kowaghuz wrote:I'd much rather play something among the lines of Civilization: Beyond Earth. It presents a wider range of possibilities on a larger scale and poses philosophical dilemmas to you(In a simplified manner, yes, but it still does)

The thing about Civilization is that it's sort of like a citybuilder. You make a society and all of that. StarCraft, on the other hand, is purely military. No deciding whether to have poets or scientists, or which part of your society to enhance. Purely tactics and strategy in the battlefield.

And, come on, don't tell me this game doesn't look cool.
User

by Kowaghuz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Juice Box wrote:And, come on, don't tell me this game doesn't look cool.

I'm sorry, but you might have posted the wrong video. I'm only seeing CGI and not gameplay footage.
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:00 pm

I prefer Civ as well.

Also, Ghuz is right, cinematic =/= gameplay.

As I'm going to keep pitching Carbot, here's their version of the HotS trailer. 10x as derpy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSmo4JW4mk
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Juice Box » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:50 am

Kowaghuz wrote:

I'm sorry, but you might have posted the wrong video. I'm only seeing CGI and not gameplay footage.

Behold this majesty, nublet. And this one, too.
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:

Behold this majesty, nublet. And this one, too.

Meh, I'd rather play Diablo. Same developer, different products.
User

Previous