I'm stuck :cry:

For the King!

I'm stuck :cry:

by bouvrie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:45 pm

I can't do it!

Level 4 and level 10 Heroic Challenge, on normal. It's impossible! There are too many enemies streaming in.

Even though I think I've tried everything, every combination, every approach, who knows..

Help me please! :D
User

Re: I'm stuck :cry:

by DrinkySmurf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:13 pm

If nothing else the premium content makes this a little easier, the extra gold, extra reinforcement and even the lightning, while unpredictable can be helpful. For 4, you cannot go wrong with a few artillery towers, the aoe and slight range advantage is huge. I just beat 4 again to verify a strategy for you.
3 artillery, one at the spot closest to the entrance, another closest to the exit, the third at the second build spot on the outer edge (bottom right)
4 mage (alternating)
4 archer (alternating)
4 barracks (i recommend close to the 2 artillery around the center).
This used the premium content though. Make good use of the occasional lightning on a close to full health target (shamans make the best targets)
Meteor only on groups of orcs, shamans or ogres
Put reinforcements to distract incoming enemies so you can summon them slightly earlier.
Will have 10 advice in a moment.
User

by DrinkySmurf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Alright, just beat 10 again. I do use premium content, so some of this may not be applicable, i do not know. First, the left side has those irritating demons, so I generally do not put mage towers on that side because they resist it. I focus on artillery and archers, the other side I put 2 mage towers for the armor knights, and artillery for the weaker groups. I suggest an artillery tower close to the graveyard to deal with skeletons as a group. I also put a barrack near there to keep them in one place. I usually upgrade most stuff to level 2 starting with archer towers and artillery near the skeletons before battle. I make the barracks nearest the entrances paladins to occupy the enemy longer and the ones near the end barbarians because the skeletons are weak but numerous. I always try to take out the big demons, even if it costs me a meteor spell, their magic is too annoying. Mot of my reinforcing takes place near the graveyard to stem the tide of skeletons. I summon new waves whenever I am nearly out of enemies for the gold and the cool down. If I have less than 6 enemies or any number of only skeletons, I summon. Hope this helps.
User

by Quest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:29 am

try reducing barracks and adding more artillery.
barracks have the lowest damage compared to other towers.
User

by bouvrie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks a lot!

Managed to beat level 10, as you described. Finally had enough cash to get those hard-needed upgrades :)

Level 4 is still mocking me.
I did exactly as you told, but there simply are too many streaming in. Once those ogres and shamans enter the fray, my units do not have enough 'oomph' to take them down :cry:
User

by hvanhook » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Level 4 is difficult, but well-placed artillery towers and barracks at the right spots make it manageable.

Make sure your barracks are supporting your artillery towers. Also remember not to upgrade your barracks until right as the wave is breaking through -- upgrading instantly revives all three of your soldiers. It's a very helpful trick
User

by Quest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 pm

hmmm
i completed lvl 4 with the goblin path using archer towers and the armored enemies path using mage towers. on the outer circle i put the barracks.
remember to use the reinforcements as soon as u can.
save the rain of fire to kill the shamans.
User

by DrinkySmurf » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 pm

As Quest stated, barracks do the least damage, which is why you should only use them to keep enemies in a crossfire from the more damaging towers. Save your rain for fire until the shamans appear. They are more annoying than ogres, since they heal the ogre. I would also suggest putting your reinforcements between shamans and the ogre.
User

by jman377355 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 pm

I used all archer towers and put one barracks at the very end in case any1 got through. Little close on the last wave but otherwise good. Has premium though so that might've made the difference.
User

by Andrastos » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 am

i beat the heroic and iron challenges nearly the same way:
first:
place a tower on every avaiable field.
start upgrading with the cheapest towers (first archer, then mage, then barraks, then artillery), upgrade a tower as soon as you have enough money to do so.
use only a few barraks (as told above, they do not enough damage) just use some well placed. (i like them near the exit).
carefully observe the enemies, try not to waste your spells, you could need them a few seconds later.
User

by ender777 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I beat everything in the game without any premium content, so it can be done. Level 4 is tricky and your best bet is using your reinforcements correctly. I think there's a gut instinct when you have a big group of enemies clumped together to stick your reinforcements in front of them, but what you should actually do is put them in the middle, even towards the end, to peel off some enemies and stretch the clump out into a line.

Same thing with the shamans, use your reinforcements to keep them away from any other troops. If shamans are marching with a big group of mobs you're already screwed, you need to isolate them from the get-go. The only time you want a clump of enemies is when you're preparing to use RoF, and then you should be planning it, grouping up 3-4 ogres at the end to burn them down. Also if you're using barracks + artillery combo to establish a killzone clumps are acceptable, but again, you're planning for them.

Try to think of the mobs coming at you like a flow of energy and it's your job to regulate that flow so your towers can deal with them. A well placed Reinforcements can turn an unmanageable group of 8 mobs into two easy-to-deal-with staggered groups of 3-4 mobs each.

If you use your reinforcements correctly and make the most of your RoF (not as a last-ditch solution, but grouping enemies and planning to use it), you can beat this level with any towers it really doesn't matter. I've done it with all archers (1-2 barracks), all mages (1-2 barracks), and using barracks/artillery combos to establish killzones. If you control the flow of enemies you can beat pretty much any level with pretty much anything.
User

by Guffrus » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Heres how to beat level 4:
Build 2 barracks on the left just past the bridge and set rally point on the bridge, build level 2 arty on the spot closest to the incoming nmes. this is the meat and potatoes of the initial set up, the point of this is to hold the left flank without having to think or worry until trolls come much later, it also ensures that you have gold income from early kills, this side will need to be additionally defended with archer towers to kill the trolls, you will know when its time because shaman will come and this flank will start to fold up, high level towers are much better than multiple low levels (2 x L3 is good), the placement will depend on the location of the trolls when you have the money to do it, if you are well in control of the level these can be placed imediately behind your barracks.
The right flank must be held with specials to start with 2 lots of reinforcements and then a rain of fire will take care of the first wolves but make sure you do not interfere with the stream of nmes going left, keep them seperate.
You can either hold the right side at the beginning with a 3 mage tower as fast as possible and an archer tower and double barracks in additon to reinforcements or you can let the nmes through that side and block them at the end, if you block them at the end 2 early archer towers are good to weaken the bandits and thin out the waves of wolves but the key is again to have a level 3 mage tower early on the spot nearest the exit and right side bridge, this will nearly one shot kill armoured and unarmoured nmes on this path block with reinforcements primarily, you might want a barracks on the spot to the left of this mage tower but remember that barracks costs money and does actually do any killing, if you can get away without blocking with barracks then you have more money for towers that are killing the nmes. rain of fire will destroy those packs of guys you are having trouble with, just make sure you havent broken them up with a failed blocking effort, if you cant stop all of them, then nuke them all, dont block some nuke some and let some slip past with a componded failure. You must release all nmes as soon as possible and remember that kills = gold.
Everything on the left will die on the L2 arty apart from the trolls, you shouldnt get a troll and shaman together but if you do you have big problems, in any case archers are the counter for both, aslong as you get your archers up in time you dont have to think about the left flank at all, its all amount managing the right side, blocking at the end on the right has the advantage that it can help you finish the trolls the disadvantage is that if it folds its game over there is no time / path left to stop any that get through the net and also you will need to place archers on this path to stop the trolls if you dont already have 2 from the beginning as a bandit / wolf spam weakener and these 2 are probably not enough, so you will be thinking about 2 side then when trolls come and also be spreading money between them.
gold is TIGHT if you dont absolutely have to have it, dont place it, the only except to this is some kind of last chance tower / barracks at the exit if your are blocking the right side at the front, incase you dont have a special up to deal with it and to stop you having to waste a rain of fire for one guy.
Final word on blocking, 1 defender stops 1 attacker, if you can kill the nme fast enough with fire support from towers then 1 defender can stop a whole string of single attackers from a wave, if the incoming wave is heavily clustered you will require barrack defenders to block in addition to reinforcements (reinforcements dont cost gold, and defenders kill nothing without support so when gold is tight you spend money on damaging towers and block for free with reinforcements)
If you cannot stop ALL of them from a group, then dont stop ANY of them, let them move on, wear them down with archers / mage (arty cant hit moving targets) and block them or nuke them when you can do so desicively.

Geoff
User

by Essence » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

with a 3 mage tower as fast as possible

Fail. Mage towers are not allowed in the Level 4 Iron Challenge.

However, using your advice, I was able to beat it:

2x Barracks and 1x level 2 archers take the bridge; 3x level 2 Archers and 2x Barracks hold down the other side.
IIRC, I started with an immediate ROF on the entrance to kill all incoming beasties and get a quick 80 gold. Then I build the archer tower at the very end next to the exit. I drop reinforcements next to it as soon as it's built to catch a spare Wolf, then built the barracks next to it and put the rally point where you see it below.

Next came the archer tower and barracks on the right side, and then the two archer towers on the left side. After the lower picture was taken, I upped the right-side archer tower and built a third archer tower on the left side.

The end of the game was a giant swarm of gobbies up the left side dying to another RoF right at the exit.

Thanks for the tip on a great opening setup. :)
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:21 am

If you put only a few more towers than barracks, then you have enough soldiers to stop the enemies for the other towers to pwn them. make the barracks spawn all in one spot as much as possible. use reinforcements a lot, they recharge quickly, and on later levels, their javelin throw is very useful.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User