New Games

Talk about anything game related!

Re: New Games

by ANeonChicken » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:
ANeonChicken wrote:Seems like the whole forum is excited for No Man's sky.

Not really, just something to buy i guess, other than fallout 4 no other game has interested me and the ones that do are remastered versions i have already played on the ps3..

Actually the forum is based on how many people said they want to play No Man's sky. I also can't wait for Mirror's edge as well!
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:22 pm

... you said the whole forum and im part of the forum and not all that excited so... uh... yeah...

Moving on, a game i remembered that i am excited to see is Horizon Zero Dawn. Looks so good, you hunt and kill robot dinosaurs as a cave-woman hundreds of years after the destruction of modern civilization :D
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Ninja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Yeah, Simmonds is right, Neon. ;)

Whoa! I just looked it up and Horizon Zero Dawn (HZD) looks amazing. :shock:
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 pm

My dad is hyped for Tom Clancy's Wildlands. :)
BBB

by ANeonChicken » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:... you said the whole forum and im part of the forum and not all that excited so... uh... yeah...

Moving on, a game i remembered that i am excited to see is Horizon Zero Dawn. Looks so good, you hunt and kill robot dinosaurs as a cave-woman hundreds of years after the destruction of modern civilization :D

Okay how about a majority of the people posting here are excited for it? Happy now?
User

by ANeonChicken » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Ninja wrote:Yeah, Simmonds is right, Neon. ;)

Ninja don't butt in just to add a snippy remark.
User

by Ninja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:54 pm

ANeonChicken wrote:

Ninja, don't butt in just to add a snippy remark.

It wasn't snippy. I saw a pointless argument starting to form and tried to stop it.
I mean, you guys are arguing about whether the entire forum is excited for No
Man's Sky (NMS) or not. Simmonds said he wasn't particularly interested. Done.
Not everyone is excited for it, seeing as Simmonds is a part of everybody. :roll:
Last edited by Ninja on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Ninja wrote:
ANeonChicken wrote:

Ninja don't butt in just to add a snippy remark.

It wasn't snippy. I saw a pointless argument starting to form and tried to stop it.
I mean, you guys are arguing about whether the entire forum is excited for No
Man's Sky (NMS) or not. Simmonds said he wasn't particularly interested. Done.
Not everyone is excited for it, seeing as Simmonds is a part of everybody. :roll:

And now another pointless argument has formed. :P
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:And now another pointless argument has formed. :P

Nope. I'm not gonna' reply back to Neon if she replies to that.
There's no point for her to reply either, as there's no possible
explanation as to why Simmonds is in the wrong anyways.
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:23 pm

moving on, im not the only one who has heard of Horizon Dawn Zero am i? Game looks awesome but i think it might be a ps4 exclusive (which is about time i think, xbox1 has so many)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:26 pm

I would prefer it if there were no exclusives at all, personally. Now, that's a debate I'd like to have. :twisted:
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I would prefer it if there were no exclusives at all, personally. Now, that's a debate I'd like to have. :twisted:

I agree that there shouldn't be exclusives, but it's a little late to change that. ;)
User

by Magnus0 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I would prefer it if there were no exclusives at all, personally. Now, that's a debate I'd like to have. :twisted:

I wouldn't. Amazing exclusives is what holds Nintendo, my favorite gaming company, afloat. Without exclusives, Nintendo (and probably a lot of other gaming companies) would be die.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:38 pm

User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:01 pm

I was about to post a rebuttal, but as I was writing and thinking about how to organise my post, I moved over to the side that supports exclusives. I don't understand the economy very much, and maybe never will, but I think it's more financially secure to have a business pay a development team to include their game on a specific platform.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Sadly, I can't argue very well against Simmonds on my own, as he won't even see my posts, me being a foe and all.
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Having competition is both good and bad. The good thing is it motivates a company to do better, to beat their rivals but on the other hand it makes it much tougher for an indie dev to survive, they are having to go against big brands for one and then you have all the financial issues and whatnot.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:46 am

A lot of people despise AAA games now for the superfluous DLC and minimal initial content. At the same time, there's a biased respect for independent developers who are apparently too pure to ever include stingy bonus content like the AAA des would, which is completely untrue.

The point is that indie developers may be a sort of future generation of game makers, replacing triple A developers who will no longer make the sales that they do now. It's a theory I've heard elsewhere, but still, it's only a theory.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:53 am

A game theory BBB?

Regardless, I loathe DLC when it takes from the original game, but it's fine when you have enough in the original game. Eg: Evolve, you have 3 sets of monsters and characters with a fourth and fifth and skins available if you want. While you could say 2/5 of the game is DLC, you already have a complete game, which they added to.

I also loath DLC if it is used as selling point for games with no substance, to keep fans on side and paying for a few more months. Eg: Rome total war 2. Yeuk. I bought some of the DLC before I realised I hated the game and only liked two: the two that had their own separate campaign, Ceasar in Gaul, which was hours of fun cutting down barbarians with ballistae (and as there were no oceans it cut out the ridiculous naval travel), and Hannibal at the gates for buffing the Up Carthage and recreating Hannibal's march. Regardless of that it was rubbish - £5 for camel units and firing scorpions from catapults? Jog on
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Previous