The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

The Community improves heroes.

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 pm

HI! Welcome to the Community Fan Fiction thread.

Myself, BBB and Ninja all conceived ideas of remaking existing Ironhide Studios heroes at roughly the same time and decided to work together. It is my personal hope that this thread will evolve from us sharing ideas to a place for anybody that wishes to to post their own thoughts on improving existing Kingdom Rush heroes long after the release of Kingdom Rush 7: Pizza! In! Spaaaaaaaace!

Feel free to post your own ways to improve any hero from any ironhide game in any format you wish, and post reviews and feedback to any others - constructive criticism is always the best kind. Building someone up is far more productive than dragging someone down.

Good luck!

Is this ok so far? Do I need to add anything? Is the "Hi!" too gimmicky?

Completed heroes:
Vengeful Reg'Son, Augmented Faustus, Cryomaster Elora, Bombastic Bolin- Myself, The Kingmaker
Karkinos, Saitim, Brutal Bruce, Arisen Evil Vez'Nan - Bid Bad Bug
Xin 2.0 and Ashbite 2.0 - Ninja
Wilbur, Bolin, Grawl, Alleria - AerisDraco
Bolverk - Fenrir
Reverent Dierdre - Minuet
Infernal Reaper Lilith, Kutsao the battle monk - Ruby_Hex
Silent Blade Mirage, Grawl "The Rock", Mechanical Karkinos, Malik: Keeper of the Hammer, Nivus The Truly Grand Wizard, Kahz The Warlord, Kutsao - tmn loveblue
Reverant Deirdre, Ancalagon Ashbite - Minuet
Mirage, Kutsao, Dierdre - GeminiSparkSP
Powerful Demon Lord Vez'Nan, Mirage the Assassin - Sinque
Soulcatcher Vez'Nan - Magnus0
Last edited by The Kingmaker on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:59 am, edited 11 times in total.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:28 pm

We should've made this before, so that the already-existing threads don't become obsolete.

I suppose this is fine, albeit less organized than having an OP be updated like the other threads.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Agreed BBB.
While my Reg'Son was developed last chronologically I will post it here first :twisted:

Vengeful Reg’SonA hypothetical adaptation of Reg’Son that will hopefully augment his playstyle.

Stats: (All L10) - Largely the same, however some have been updated to emulate his playstyle.
Health:540 (originally 480) – less than with Eldritch Way, but still an overall boost to aid him in fighting larger enemies and to increase his survivability
Damage: 17- 23 (Originally 12-18) – this 5 damage boost means that his average DPS (without Eldritch Blade or Bleeding) is now 2/3 that of Bruce, instead of 1/3 of it, making his average damage not totally crap anymore. I am using 0.8 seconds as Reg’Son’s attack duration.
New Secondary: All attacks have a 3% chance of slaying the target – removed From Eldritch Blade for some tidying and to boost him a little.

The rest of his stats remain the same.

Powers: Eldritch Blade, Eldritch Heal and Vindicator remain in some capacity, but have been altered.
Eldritch Blade (active: 24 seconds): Burns with Eldritch fire, dealing 60 true damage on each attack for 4 seconds (5 attacks) – overall a drop from 560 damage to 300 (we’ll see about that)
Eldritch Heal -> Unearthly Lich (passive): Dead enemies near Reg’Son heal him for 10/20/30% of their health and increase the duration of Eldritch Blade by 0.4 seconds
New: Virulent Vengeance (passive): Driven by a wrathful fury, Reg’Son loses 1 Health every second after 3 seconds in combat, but doubles his base damage to 34-46 and Eldritch Blade to 120 damage. Remains for 3 seconds after combat.
New: Esoteric Shade (active: 12 seconds): A short range teleport to an enemy that silences enemy abilities for 2/4/6 seconds. If the target enemy has no powers to silence then it doubles the damage they take from Reg’Son for 2/4/6 seconds. This power will target the largest enemy in range and will also activate when Reg’Son has moved for more than 3 seconds while moving, meaning if you tell Reg’Son to move to an Enemy, he will close the final gap and silence the target
Vindicator: (Hero Spell) Insta-kills a single enemy every 100/70/50 seconds, granting 15/30/50% of its health to Reg’Son and increasing the duration of Eldritch Blade by 2.5 seconds.

Some Aesthetics:
The orbs of Unearthly Lich now glow with shades of red and deep purple, while Vindicator has Reg'Son teleport in a flash of cyan and purple light to kill the target - existing in two places at once, breaking the Space/Time continuum to enact his vengeance. Virulent Vengeance is seen as a red glow flowing from Reg'Son into his shadow and a red blood particle effect on his attacks. Esoteric Shade is seen as Reg'Son disappearing as he is covered in purple light much like a Nightscale, with a bright Purple streak showing his teleport.

I will add some lore tomorrow

My treasured creations:
User

by RZRider » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:37 pm

So Anyone could put their own hero improvements on here? If so I think this is a great idea and I would happily participate
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:51 pm

RZRider wrote:So Anyone could put their own hero improvements on here? If so I think this is a great idea and I would happily participate

Yep. That's the idea. :D
:hero:
User

Re: The Community Improves Heroes

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:49 am

Karkinos

Stats are all the same, except melee.

Melee: 18-32 1/s

(Iron Pincer)-Iron Pincer: (Passive) Karkinos can use his Iron Pincer to deal 2/2.5/3 times the damage if it is a killing blow.
(Deals True Damage, ignoring armor)

(Battle-Hardened)-Conditioning: (Passive) Every attack dealt to Karkinos has a 20/30/40% chance to instead heal him for the damage over 4 seconds.
(Stacks with more hits if they activate the healing.)

(Burrow)-Burrow: Karkinos can travel 2/3/4 times as fast, but must tunnel underground first.
(Karkinos moves even faster, but now has a longer tunneling process, forcing players to be more tactical in their movement of Karkinos.)

(Mechanical Pincer)-Extension Strike: (12s) Extends his mechanical pincer at enemies, dealing 25/35/50 - 50/70/100 damage in a straight line with a 33% chance anytime after fully extending to turn and hit more enemies.
(The same skill, with the potential to deal double damage, and possibly multiply further if there are still enemies to be chained to and enough luck to turn again. When the chance activates, Karkinos' pincer with choose a direction that hits the most enemies and move in a straight line there, with the possibility to continuously chain, like Energy Glaive.)

(Glue Shot)-Glue Shot: (16s) Launches a ball of goo that slows enemies by 30/50/70% for 3/5/7 seconds with an equal percentage chance to freeze enemies for the same amount of time.

Karkinos is now more luck-based than before, making that his main trait. He has great potential to tank against enemies, using their high damage values to his advantage. If he's at fatal health, it won't save him, so he still has to be retreated, but not nearly as often. His movement is better and worse, so it's just as strong but more interesting. Mechanical Pincer can take out legions of foes with enough chain strikes. He can also deal massive damage to enemie on low health, augmenting his killing abilities in the right circumstances, and allowing him to tank heavier, stronger foes by getting the weaker others out of the way. Finally, Karkinos can stall enemies in an AOE, either by slowing them tremendously or freezing them.
BBB

by RZRider » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:13 am

Any suggestions on what hero I should tweak first( I have all the heroes.)
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:06 am

RZRider wrote:Any suggestions on what hero I should tweak first( I have all the heroes.)

Mirage maybe? Try to decrease some of her UPness and blandness if you do her. :)
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:57 am

While I never owned Larkinos those adaptations seem to improve his overall playstyle and give him something unique, in which case is a luck based playstyle. You seem to change less than me but I could be wrong there, but your heroes so far have more home in an actual game than mine, I do admit that my creations are often ridiculously OP monsters.

Any feedback on the title and first post? I want this to still be here years into the future.
Also does my Reg'Son work? I hope you understand what I was going for with Esoteric shade.
Finally I would like to announce that I am looking at Nivus and Faustus for my next alterations. If this thread continues going well I think I will as tHe TaTs for a sticky

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:28 pm

The next heroes that I'll adapt are Xin and Bolin. I'll critique Vengeful Reg'son later.
Last edited by Ninja on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:12 pm

Ninja and BBB feel free to post your previous ideas here, once we have enough I'll ask for a sticky

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:23 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Ninja and BBB feel free to post your previous ideas here, once we have enough I'll ask for a sticky

I still like the 2.0 thing, so I'll include that in their names too. :P
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:43 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:While I never owned Karkinos those adaptations seem to improve his overall playstyle and give him something unique, in which case is a luck based playstyle. You seem to change less than me but I could be wrong there, but your heroes so far have more home in an actual game than mine, I do admit that my creations are often ridiculously OP monsters.

Any feedback on the title and first post? I want this to still be here years into the future.
Also does my Reg'Son work? I hope you understand what I was going for with Esoteric shade.
Finally I would like to announce that I am looking at Nivus and Faustus for my next alterations. If this thread continues going well I think I will as tHe TaTs for a sticky

I do like Vengeful Reg'son an awful lot, but he's not perfect. The first, most nitpicky issue I have are the color changes. The blue and red lights integrated into his attacks are more colorful overall, but I liked that he was strictly multiple shades of purple. I'm just used to that, so if he was like this originally, aesthetically, he would be more pleasing to my tastes.

I don't like his 2 new skills. Virulent Vengeance requires Reg'son to be in combat for some time, where he can either use up most of Eldritch Blade already or nearly die against the enemy. Furthermore, if he moves to a new foe, the timer resets, so he almost never gets to be effected by it. It's more interesting than Eldritch Way or Eldritch Slash, but less useful.

Esoteric Shade doesn't seem right for Reg'son. Silencing is more in the territory of Lynn, or Faustus, since she's a debuff-based hero and Faustus is everything magic. As I read the skill, I was expecting him to teleport to an enemy and deal massive damage with an instant kill chance, sort of like if he dealt all of his Eldritch Blade slashes in one second.

What does work is the heavier focus on Eldritch Blade, using Eldritch Heal to extend its duration. It still seems like a short duration for the skill, to the point where he'll never get the bonus duration because there's hardly enough time for a healing orb to reach him. Still, it seems really cool and more like something that belongs in the game, and to Reg'son.

Vindicator, though more complicated, is also awesome.
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBB

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:14 pm

And now for my review of V. Reg'son.

I like him, but as BBB said, he's isn't perfect. Personally, I think the color changes are fine, but what I don't like
is that you strayed from the Eldritch thing in the names of the skills. At least you gave his new skills awesome
sounding names.

I don't really think that he should have the HP drop at max health; what you should really do is increases his max
level HP to 600. Because with the loss of Eldritch Way and the fact that Virulent Vengeance deals DoT to you, an
HP drop such as that would be noticeably be devastating for Reg'son in-game. ;) The max damage increase is good,
he did struggle with dealing damage when Eldritch Blade wasn't active, so I can agree with it. :)

Eldritch Blade has taken quite a step down in the damage department even with the buff from Virulent Vengeance.
You basically have to use Vindicator to get any real profit out of an Eldritch Blade activation now, which I dislike
greatly. Hero Spells should be able to be used whenever wanted or needed, not forced on you because one of your
hero's best skills sucks without you using his HS. ;)

Unearthly Lich is even better than it's predecessor was, and I commend you for a job well done with this skill. :D

Virulent Vengeance. Love the name, but honestly, this skill is kinda' janked up. That self-inflicted DPS shouldn't
even be there, 'cause it makes the skill just as detrimental as it is profitable, thus cancelling out the skill's use-
fulness altogether. Remove the self-inficted DPS and increase the Eldritch Blade buff a tiny bit and it'll be better.

Esoteric Shade, actually, would be way cooler if it was what BBB said. The way it is now, again, it doesn't fit aes-
thetically. (Also, give it a cool targetting system if you change it to what BBB said.) ;)

Vindicator is good. That's all I have to say about it.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Ninja seems to like him more than me. :)

Here's how I'd fix VR:

Keep Eldritch Blade at 4 seconds, but make attacks deal very high damage, like 90 True Damage to 100 depending on what you want the cooldown to be.

Then, make Eldritch Heal have no effect on the duration of Eldritch Blade. Instead, whenever an orb heals more than necessary for Reg'son, have it increase the damage of Eldritch Blade by 5/10/15% of the excess health from the orb. All of the bonus damage adds up as orbs continue to heal Reg'son, until he uses the skill, where he deals all of the damage built up inside. While using the skill, orbs will add on to the damage of Eldritch Blade the next time he uses the power.

Destroy Virulent Vengeance and replace it with something entirely different. I can't think of anything good, but make it focused on dealing more damage, or at least enabling him to deal damage longer.

Esoteric Shade already has a solution. ;)
BBB

by AerisDraco » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Should someone ask to pin the thread? I think it seems important.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:06 pm

Heroes 2.0

All measurements are based on the assumption that a Bloodshell is ~1.5 m wide.
The sections of text in italics are just my thoughts.
Hero point costs for skills remain unchanged unless specified otherwise.

Xin 2.0
An adaptation of Xin that will hopefully better fulfill his supportive role on the battlefield.

Stats:

All unchanged except I'm increasing his damage for basic attacks to 34-68 magic damage so it actually hurts enemies somewhat.

Abilities:

Quick Attack (Replacing Daring Strike)(Active, 22/20/18s)-
Xin teleports to the strongest enemy within 15 m of the exit faster than the eye can see. Then, he proceeds to thwack the enemy, dealing 500 magic damage. If no enemy is within 15 m of the exit, then Xin will attack the strongest enemy on screen dealing 500 magic damage. After this, Xin can teleport anywhere on screen once. (CD decreases by 2s at a time as this skill is upgraded.)

This ability is meant to be used as a leak catcher and/or hit-and-run on strong enemies neatly rolled together into one ability. The purpose of the single-use teleport provided after activation of the skill is just so that Xin can instantly return to the barracks he was supporting so he doesn't have to go back with his slow move speed.

Inspire (An tweak on Xin 1.0's skill of the same name)(Active, 14s)-
Inspires up to 3 friendly units, tripling/quadrupling/quintupling the magnitude of any positive effect placed on them for 5/6/7s.

The first display of Xin's now more focused playstyle. Instead of supporting a large area's worth of units and/or towers like other support heroes, Xin is now focused on turning one group of militia into powerhouses, rather than spreading his supportive might thin.

Mind over Body (A slight variation of normal Xin's skill of the same moniker)(Active, 10s)-
Xin gives up to 3 units and himself a dose of his special concoction, healing 200/300/400 HP over 3s for each affected unit. (50 HP/s)

A simple heal, now more supportive. Not much to say here.

Life Link (Replacing Panda Style)(Passive)-
Xin links his mind and soul with nearby allies, giving them a 33/66/99% damage increase until Xin leaves the area. In return, each linked unit reduces the cooldown of all Xin's active abilities by 1/1.5/2s. However, there is a catch. Xin cannot be linked with more than three units.

My favorite of Xin's new abilities, IMO, it's what really makes this hero. With it, his abilities can charge up to 6s faster (with 3, that is) while turning the soldiers nearby into powerhouses!

Pandaemonium (HS)(This power will remain unchanged.)

Ashbite 2.0
An adaptation of Ashbite that hopefully isn't disappointingly UP like the original.

Stats:

Damage decreased to 25-35. And now he actually attacks quickly like it says in the hero room instead of being bugged with an über slow attack speed. Also, fast move speed.

New Secondary: Ashbite now deals an extra 40% damage versus unarmored units with all attacks and abilities.

Abilities:

Smoldering Inferno (Replacing Blazing Breath)(Active, 20s)
Pours forth blazing flames onto his enemies, scorching them (Removes 100% armor and deals Fire Damage) for 300/450/600 AoE damage. Damage is dealt progressively over the course of 3s, dealing 100/150/200 DPS, to be exact. Note: Smoke will seep from Ashbite's mouth when this ability is available.

A skill that deals massive area damage. Not particularly original, but it reflects Ashbite's theme of raw, unmatched power well enough. The option of strategical use of the skill on the desired targets is provided by the "skill is ready animation" this ability possesses.

Feast (A tweak on Feast)(Active, 18s)
Suddenly dives down upon an enemy, removing 30/40/50% of their HP and replenishing Ashbite's HP by the amount of HP taken from the enemy. (Example: So, if the enemy had 600 HP originally and still had full HP, then it would lose 300 HP when this is maxed out. Ashbite would gain 300 HP, the amount dealt to the enemy.) If the enemy is killed, then additionally to the HP gain, Ashbite will also gain 50% of the killed enemy's attack damage for the next 5/6/7 attacks.
Note: Can only be used on an enemy directly underneath Ashbite. Also, Ashbite's eyes will glow intensely when the skill is ready to be used.

It's percentages will make it exceptionally good in endless challenges. Also a powerful heal and damage buff if used correctly. Again, skilled players will use it strategically, rallying Ashbite above the desired target just as they're informed when the skill is available.

Transfixing Haze (Replacing Fiery Mist)(Active, 24s)
Ashbite breathes out smoke for 4s. Any enemies touched by the smoke while Ashbite is exhaling it are stunned for the duration of the smog's existence. The mist stays on the path for 8s after Ashbite is finished breathing it out. Any enemies that walk through the smoke after Ashite has exhaled it take 15/20/25 DPS while they're in it. They're also blinded and unable to use ranged attacks. The stunned enemies, on the other hand, take 25/30/35 DPS.

A powerful stun and DPS skill. It can be, like the two skills before it, used strategically, but in a different way. Players that are observant of the skill's description will use it as a shield against ranged units for Ashbite, as a means of keeping him in battle even when on low HP.

Sea of Flames (Replacing Wildfire Barrage)(Active, 33s)
For 8/10/12s, Ashbite simply pours massive waves of fire out of his mouth. The path beneath him is set alight wherever he goes for a duration of 10s. Deals 10/20/30 DPS.

A massively powerful skill that, if used well, can deal thousands of damage in one activation. However, if used poorly, Ashbite will simply set everything beneath him on fire, neither covering nearly as much area as it could nor dealing as much damage as is possible.

Conflagration (Name change and overall tweak on Reign of Fire)(Passive)
All fire based skills and attacks put out by Ashbite deal 4/8/12 DPS for 3/4/5s. Each enemy killed by this skill gives Ashbite +5/7/9 damage for 7s.
Note: The DPS of this skill stacks onto the DPS of all of Ashbite's other DPS skills.

Powerful and very cost effective. Recommended to be bought before Ashbite's other skills.

Coming soon: Bolin 2.0
Last edited by Ninja on Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 29 times in total.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Because of the tempestuous design that this adaptation has had I can answer some of your issues.

The colours were added last minute because I wanted some visual flair. I may revoke them, I may not.
The original damage per swipe of Eldritch Blade was 100 - I clearly overestimated how useful the new time boosts will be. I measured the original cooldowns of his powers myself and tried to make them fit.
I did have his health still at 600, but I decided to give this some drawbacks. I will buff it a little but in my head-canon he stopped practising the Eldritch Way for newer, more powerful powers.

I may buff Eldritch Heal as I underestimated it and it forms the lynchpin of this adaptation in conjunction with EB.
Beyond that Virulent Vengeance remains after combat so won't disappear unless the wave ends - I thought the damage loss would be counteracted because he would kill faster, but once again I overestimated Eldritch Heal. The alternative I developed was that the power would target an enemy that Reg'Son would deal loads of damage against or put on a multiplier. I went for VV because I wanted to homage Kylo Ren's hit-yourself-to-jack-up-your-skills thing.

Also I wanted a silence on him not for supporting your forces but supporting him. I conceived the power to at least level the playing field between any enemy and him, removing advantageous powers from enemies and forcing ranged enemies into melee combat, where he will rip them to shreds.

I changed the names as Reg'Son is an Eldritch Blade, that is his class or "job title", and the power of the same name is his signature, but the other words are just relative synonyms.

So then, to your suggestions.
I will buff his health and the damage of Eldritch Blade to 575 and 100 respectively.
Tbh I like he way I changed Eldritch Heal, but I will buff it if you think so.
I wanted Virulent Vengeance as an unconventional way to double his damage output. I sort of want to keep it, but if you have good suggestions I will "destroy" it.
I wanted Esoteric shade more for the short range teleport. than anything else, but the silence seemed to go with it supporting him. "Dumping damage" on a target seems interesting. Any specification?

My treasured creations:
User

by Oof_Shunt » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Good idea for a topic/thread!!!!! Okay let's see...all along I've thought of having Razz & Rags my own way, so:

Razz & Rags
Razz no longer casts magic blasts; instead he throws daggers like Catha. In fact Razz no longer does any magic he sorta just conducts Rags and throws daggers. Otherwise Rags pounds the ground for melee same as he does now.
Abilities
BOOM BUNNIES same as it is now, different name
HAMMERTIME same as it is now
GNOMISH FABRIC increases health by 1/2/3
GNOMISH BURST like Faery Soul,,,a burst of magic that heals R&R and nearby allies by 1/2/3
Hero Spell
DOOM BUNNY a single flaming bunny that slowly hops through a crowd, doing damage like Elemental Storm
Last edited by Oof_Shunt on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by RZRider » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Where the heck are the stats. There is no detail! Somebody else critique There is to much for me to do
User

Next