The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by Ninja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Kingmaker wrote:So then, to your suggestions.
I will buff his health and the damage of Eldritch Blade to 575 and 100 respectively.
Tbh I like he way I changed Eldritch Heal, but I will buff it if you think so.
I wanted Virulent Vengeance as an unconventional way to double his damage output. I sort of want to keep it, but if you have good suggestions I will "destroy" it.
I wanted Esoteric shade more for the short range teleport. than anything else, but the silence seemed to go with it supporting him. "Dumping damage" on a target seems interesting. Any specification?

Yeah, maybe buff EH a little.

Don't destroy VV, leave it as it is, just subtract the self-inflicted DoT and give it a little buff for balancing. Little buff being the key word here.

If you want a specific damage value for Esoteric Shade, then I actually think that a DoT effect would be best. Like say, 15 fire damage (Mak-
ing the enemy burn with purple fire as an animation would be cool here. :)) per second for 5 seconds at max level and make enemies affected
by the purple fire take double damage from all of Reg'son's damage dealing abilities and basic attacks.

@Oof_Shunt: To put it as bluntly as I possibly can, I'm sorry, but that adaptation of R&R is terrible. It would ruin everything good about the hero.

Also, this is to everyone:
I'll use the last post of mine on the first page to put my hero adaptations in. :)
:hero:
User

by Oof_Shunt » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Ninja wrote:To put it as bluntly as I possibly can, I'm sorry, but that adaptation of R&R is terrible. It would ruin everything good about the hero

:o :x :o :x !!! AAarrrghhh!!! So could I do another or would that be outrageous

Also
fix your choppy
sentences!!!!!
User

by RZRider » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:10 am

Oof_Shunt wrote:
Ninja wrote:To put it as bluntly as I possibly can, I'm sorry, but that adaptation of R&R is terrible. It would ruin everything good about the hero

Also
fix your choppy
sentences!!!!!

Not this again! This has been a huge argument appearing multiple times and I am sick and tired of it.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:39 am

RZRider wrote:
Oof_Shunt wrote:

Also
fix your choppy
sentences!!!!!

Not this again! This has been a huge argument appearing multiple times and I am sick and tired of it.

The argument ended and Ninja kept his posting style. Now, Ninja's changed it again, so he should have a right to criticize Ninja about it.
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:13 am

Oof_Shunt wrote:

Also
fix your choppy
sentences!!!!!

Would you rather have me beat around the bush for 300 comments and then tell you it was terrible? No, so I just cut to the chase. If
you want, you can totally make another adaptation of R&R. Just please put some more effort into it next time. ;)

Hahahahaha. What? Criticizing the way someone writes in a completely off-topic manner because they told you some work of yours
needs improvement is an extremely childish manner of going about expressing your disapproval of their criticism. The example you
gave wasn't even a choppy sentence. :roll:

@RZ: Agreed.
@BBB: Actually, I'm just changing it gradually over to your method as promised. :)
User

by RZRider » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:27 am

Ninja I do not see your adaptations of the heroes. Where are they?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:56 am

RZRider wrote:Ninja I do not see your adaptations of the heroes. Where are they?

I haven't placed them there yet; I will do so when I finish one more adaptation. (Probably tomorrow or the next day after it.) :)
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:38 am

I have two ideas for Mirage alternates. Probably made them OP.
Not all of the powers are strictly based off the powers they replace, but most do, I think.
I used Kingmaker's form by the way.

Master Assassin MirageA version of Mirage to focus on the sneaky backstabbing.

Stats: (All L10) - Slightly changed.
Health:340 (originally 300) – A little more to better work in melee.
Damage: 18-25 (Originally 13-20) – this 5 damage boost (again) makes her better in melee.
Secondary: Has no ranged attack, but gains invisibility, like the Assassins.

Powers:
Precision -> Mirage (passive): Her namesake phenomena allows Mirage to use desert magic to make ranged enemies need to come 20%/30%/40% closer to attack in ranged.
Shadow Dodge -> Way of the Shadows (passive): Gains a 20%/40%/60% dodge chance, and when she dodges, creates a short-lived copy to deter smaller enemies. (Acts as a secondary barracks soldier, lasts 1/1.5/2 seconds.)
Swiftness -> Leap of Faith (passive): While idle, may climb a tower. When attacking ground enemies, deals 2x/3x/4x damage on the first strike. May also attack fliers for one normal damage strike from the vantage point. Takes 3/2/1 seconds to climb.
Shadow Dance (active: 6 seconds): Same, but deals +4 damage.
Lethal Strike (active: 15 seconds): Same.

Some Aesthetics:
-Mirage now wears a hooded cloak, and wields slightly longer blades, which you can see while idle.
-When mirage is active, a heat shimmer appears in front of Mirage.
-Way of the Shadows soldiers look the same as Shadow Dodge.
-In LoF, Mirage shimmies up a tower like the Saurians, and either jumps holding her daggers in front of her (ground) or in an overhead stab (flying).

Tips and stuff:
-Mirage now focuses on melee, and on dodging ranged attacks, what with a high dodge chance, Mirage, and invisibility.
-LoF allows a way to attack fliers, albeit not that well.
-Way of the Shadows functions a little like Eldtrich Slash.

Shredder MirageA version of Mirage to focus on kiting.

Stats: (All L10) - Slightly changed.
Health:310 (originally 300) – Slight improv.
Damage: 13-20
Armor: 10% - A slight improvement.
Secondary: Ranged

Powers:
Precision -> Double Shot (passive): Has a 10%/20%/30% chance to throw dual knives.
Shadow Dodge (passive): Same.
Swiftness -> Pain Swiftness (passive): Increases movement speed by 33%/67%/100% when injured.
Shadow Dance -> Knife Dance (active: 8 seconds): Sends a single copy to dance among foes, bouncing like Energy Glaive in any direction, dealing 10-16 damage per hit. Can hit the same enemy twice. Bounces up to 10/15/20 times.
Lethal Strike -> Blood Iron (active: 18 seconds): Throws a single knife made of blood-forged iron, which wreaks havoc on an enemies system, bleeding for 100/150/200 damage over 4 seconds. If killed, deals the remaining bleed damage in an AoE explosion.

Some Aesthetics:
-Mirage now wears a robe covered in blades and blade designs.
-A blood iron knife is a dark reddish-maroon, like the color of dried blood, and just as translucent.

Tips and stuff:
-S-Mirage focuses on kiting, especially with numerous ranged skills and an injured speed boost.
-Depending on the level and size of the crowd, Knife Dance can be very useful.
-Blood Iron is most effective in a crowd of damaged enemies.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Ninja wrote:@BBB: Actually, I'm just changing it gradually over to your method as promised. :)

So, that's why I thought something was wrong with your posts. You're just changing it. Why not go all the way and completely make it normal now? It would be much faster that way. ;)

Aeris, the Mirages are good, but only that. I think they're an improvement, but there's still more than can be fixed. You'll see when I post my own version of her. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:@BBB: Actually, I'm just changing it gradually over to your method as promised. :)

So, that's why I thought something was wrong with your posts. You're just changing it. Why not go all the way and completely make it normal now? It would be much faster that way. ;)

Yes, it'd be faster that way, but also more weird feeling for my hands. Just let me do it myself, I'm almost done changing
it. :)

Hey Kingmaker, could you change the name of the thread to "The Community improves KR."? Because I really want to im-
prove on some other things in KR. Especially bosses. :)
User

by Oof_Shunt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:28 pm

,,,And maybe towers too. I'm re-imagining the High Elven Mage as a,,,
High Elven Obelisk
(from the concept art picture)

Instead of three individual magic blasts, it casts a single slender beam for a small AoE worth of magic damage (something equivalent to what the three individual blasts do now). Its abilities are
SENTINELS same as Arcane Sentinels and
CRYSTALLIZE like Time-lapse, but this 'crystallizes' 2/3/4 enemies freezing them in place; and even though it only freezes 2/3/4 enemies at a time, it crystallizes the entire chunk of pathway that those enemies are on (a little something more for visual effect ya know)

Not that much different, but my idea is that the Wild Magus should be hot and the mage/obelisk should be cool/crystal. As it is now the Wild Magus just seems way cooler so I'm just trying to think of ways to make the High Elven Mage cooler.
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:34 pm

That's pretty cool! Though if you could give me some numbers, I would be able to help with balance. Also, I think
that the Sentinels shouldn't just be the same. They should be upgradable so that at max level you can have three.
The levels would be 1/2/3 sentinels for 300 gold each. Also, the High Elven Mage should be able to fire upon the
crystallized enemies. Shooting at them would increase the AoE of his attacks by focusing his magic into the cry-
stals. :)

I see that the thread is now pinned. Cool.
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:35 pm

Attention, everyone! I've just updated my last post on the 1st page with my Xin adaptation.
(Sorry, I just couldn't resist having a place on the 1st page. :P)

Enjoy! :D
Last edited by Ninja on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:38 pm

@BBB: Okay. What should I do about it?

Also, once an idea is deemed "completed" by the user and colleagues, can Kingmaker add it to the OP, so all the ideas are easily visible or something?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Oof_Shunt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:51 pm

So I think Eridan and Alleria are BOTH GOOD, but imo Alleria > Eridan (I just think Eridan looks weird for some reason and I would prefer Triple Shot/Call of the Wild) so:

Eridan
He looks like Alleria (same bow/ponytail/etc) but is the same durable hero that Eridan is now.

Abilities
TRIPLE SHOT improves by x/y/z
CALL OF THE WILD summons 1/1/2 wildcats with x/y/z health
SWORD STRIKE like Double Strike/Mighty,,,true damage to a single enemy
ARROW PORTAL sorta like Pixie's Curse,,,but instead of putting an enemy to sleep this sends an enemy a bit back down the path like Alter Reality (kinda iffy about this one)
Hero Spell
ARROW STORM same

I just think it would be awesome.

I blame these:

User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm sorry, Oof_Shunt, but you did it again. The idea of mixing them is fine, but the execution is not.

All the little things that you miss just make your heroes uninteresting. Please just add in all those little things, such as:

1.Numbers. They need to be there. Seeing a vague description isn't enough. People don't want to just visualize some ab-
stract idea with them having no idea of how much it impacts the battlefield. The numbers are essential. And really, is
it so hard to write a bunch of numbers? No, so just do it.

2. Effort. Put some more effort into your work. Don't just tell us it works like this or that power. Tell us exactly what
this power does. No one wants to go and look up someone else's power because they forgot it.

3.Originality. You can't just type up a power that's already been made and call it yours. Make up new ones. No one
wants to play a hero that feels like a re-skinned version of another. There's no fun in that. If they wanted to play that
hero, then they would just do it instead of playing the rip-off version.

4.Details. Give us every minute detail that you've envisioned. Even the smallest things will make your hero more inter-
esting.

Please, just incorporate those little things into your fanfics, and I promise you, they'll take a big step up in quality. :)

@AerisDraco: How is the first Mirage in any more related to backstabbing? :? The kiting Mirage is easily the better, and
way cooler too. I would very much enjoy having her in-game. :D
User

by Oof_Shunt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:51 pm

:o :x :o :x !!! AAarrrghhh!!! lol
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Oof_Shunt wrote: :o :x :o :x !!! AAarrrghhh!!! lol

I'm not trying to be mean here. Just take my advice and add in those little details to your ideas. If all you do is reject criticism,
then you'll never improve. You can't just expect everyone to heap praises on you, because that won't happen, I assure you. ;)
User

by Oof_Shunt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 pm

I would put numbers, but...I've added all my numbers together, and...the total...it's OVER 9000!

:o :o :o
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:58 pm

Well, the 1st Mirage is meant to be a more specialized Melee attacker, with resistance to ranged, along with more melee-suited attacks. More like, well, an Assassin.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

PreviousNext