The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by RZRider » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 am

How the heck did that happen. I meant because
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Ninja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:20 am

RZRider wrote:How the heck did that happen. I meant because

Oh, it was probably auto correct. ( :x )

P.S. The wrath displayed through that emoticon is directed towards the abomination that is auto correct.
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:22 am

*cough* *cough* http://theoatmeal.com/comics/autocorrect *cough* (read at your own risk)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:33 am

AerisDraco wrote:*cough* *cough* http://theoatmeal.com/comics/autocorrect *cough* (read at your own risk)

No matter how inappropriate or messed up that is, it's still hilarious. :lol: (Also, I still hate auto correct.)
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:22 am

One hero, based on my poll research:

Bolin (Short-Range Crowd Control)

Stats: (All L10) - Changed.
Health: 670
Damage: 33-48/12-15 (In long range, fires a single shot with a 1.5 second reload, and short-range, fires 3 shots approx. 0.2 secs apart, with a 1.4 sec reload.

Powers:
Mine Layer -> Bouncing Mine (passive): Drops one mine every 8 seconds, which has a triggering range of a high-level artillery, which explodes once, dealing 5-10 damage, and then goes above ground, exploding to deal 50-90/100-140/150-190 damage to all nearby enemies, including fliers. Max of 6.
Tar Bomb (18 seconds): Slows enemies by 40%/60%/80% and may permanently trap enemies. Lasts for 4/6/8 damage.

Some Aesthetics:
-Bolin himself doesn't look that different.
-For short and long range, he fires either a sniper rifle or pistol.
-The bouncing mines bear a similarity to the Bouncing Betty mines of the real world.
-Tar bomb looks the same.

Tips and stuff:
-Bolin retains his crowd control nature, but only at a short range.
-Tar Bomb, especially with his new basic attack, is very useful.
-Bouncing Mine, meanwhile, improves on basically everything wrong with the mines.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:57 am

What do you mean by permanently trapping enemies? I like this a lot, this seems like the simple style of solutions that I like to give because they're within reason and stay true to the original design. :mrgreen:
BBB

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:05 am

It alludes to Tar Pits and stuff. It traps the enemy in their own personal tar pool forever. Really low chance though.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Saitam

Monkey God

HP: 400
Regen: 20 (Drastic nerf from 40)
Melee: 26-44 (Minor increase from 21-39)
Armor: Medium (50%)
Speed: Average (Still flies on his cloud)
Respawn: 20s

Tetsubo Storm: (15s) Saitam unleashes a flurry of fast strikes dealing 150/270/400 physical damage over 2/3/4 seconds.
(Saitam's skill is no longer deactivated if he moves while opening his Testubo, only once he starts dealing damage. Since the attack is progressive damage and only physical melee, it has a higher number than Silver Bullet to balance it. Saitam can be moved to interrupt this skill if needed.)

Spinning Pole: (18s) Spins his dual Tetsubo around, dealing 80/150/220 physical damage over 2/3/4 seconds.
(Again, because of the time needed to execute the skill, the damage is augmented. Saitam has a short startup animation to this to allow players to move him when the ability is charged, preventing the skill from being wasted.)

(Monkey Palm) Hand of God: (7s) Stuns an enemy for 1/2/3 seconds or silences it for 2/4/6 seconds.
(Only used when an enemy isn't about to be killed by Saitam's next attack or skill. This is made to be faster and more versatile to allow Saitam to stun or silence every foe he combats.)

Angry God: (30s) Saitam's godly fury causes all enemies to suffer 25/50/75% more damage for 4/5/6 seconds.
(Slightly buffed because Saitam having to stand still is far less good than Kahz's roar. Therefore, it has the same debuff but for slightly more time.)

(Divine Nature) Divinity: (Passive) Saitam's godly nature restores 6/9/12 life per second.
(Just a change of name and slight buff to counteract his lower heal rate. Though unoriginal thanks to Cronan, the skill is very good in conjunction with his stun ability, so I left it to further augment his playstyle, which is more important than originality, to me.)

Saitam is now a proper damage-dealer, taking a longer time to execute his skills but with greater payoff. He still has awesome crowd control with Angry God and is now much tankier with the improved stun per second combined with his passive healing. He should be better at dealing damage, tanking, stalling, crowd control, and supporting the entire map, but not the best in either category because he only has one skill for each job.
BBB

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks, poll research!

Grawl (Blocker/Tank)

Stats: (All L10) - Changed.
Health: 600 (Same)
Damage: 16-26 (Reduced. See secondary)
Secondary: Immune to poison. Deals AoE damage.

Powers:
Hard Rock -> Indomitable (1/2/3) (passive): May fight 2/3/4 enemies at the same time in melee.
Shard Punch -> Rolling Stone (3/3/3) (14 seconds): Forms himself into an orb, and begins to roll in a straight line forward and backward through enemies, similar to Yoshi's side special from SSB4. This deals 10-20/20-30/30-40 damage to each enemy he runs over, with a chance to insta-kill if they have a max HP of less than 50/100/150. In addition, if the skill is recharged, he can use it while moving to boost his terrible movement speed.
Boulder Throw (2/2/2) (10 seconds): +5 damage.
Stomp -> Quake (2/2/2) (18 seconds): Stomps the ground, creating a small earthquake which deals 90-105/110-130/130-155 damage, slowing by 20% for 2 seconds, and dealing double damage against tunneling enemies. In addition, after 4 seconds, an aftershock may (20%/30%/40% occur) dealing 20-40 damage and the same other effects.
Bastion (1/1/1) (Passive): Gains +2/+3/+4 damage per second in combat with more than one enemy. Caps at 12, and lasts for 2 seconds after combat. When holding ground, gains +5/+10/+15 max HP for every second. Caps at +75. When under fire from ranged, does not function.

Some Aesthetics:
-Grawl doesn't look that different.
-In Rolling Stone, Grawl appears to have crystal spikes around a vertical axis on his body.
-Quake creates puffs of dust and a crack in the ground.
-Bastion's attack bonus shows a red glow, and the HP a blue glow.

Tips and stuff:
-Grawl is now intended to be a proper staller, and hopefully no longer UP.
-His Indomitable skill allows him to block many enemies, and then finish them with a strong AoE skill, like Boulder Throw or Quake, or even his normal attack.
-Rolling Stone can improve his terrible movement speed, and also deal a strange AoE/insta-kill.
-Bastion can now help in combat as well, which is nice.
-His best location is a chokepoint, and he is best against a few medium strength enemies.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Boom, double heroes!

I think Saitam looks a lot better, though I'm not the right person to ask.

Oh, BTW, if anyone else wants my research, check here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Click the second sheet to view each heroes personal votes. (pls ignore my weirdness)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Updated the comment that contains Xin 2.0 with the new and improved Ashbite 2.0! :hero: (Also, I buffed Xin 2.0's skills so that I could keep the 3 unit thing without being UP. Plus I retracted the self-inflicted DPS from Life Link. :) )

@Aeris & BBB: Love those adaptations, especially Grawl. Though, don't you think 670 is a little excessive in the HP department for Bolin, Aeris? 500 would suffice. He won't be in direct combat much, after all. ;) (Also, Vez'nan seriously only got one OP vote? [from me] :? )
Last edited by Ninja on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:13 pm

I actually didn't change his HP. Didn't think it was necessary.
Ashbite is cool and all, but seems a little OP.

As for votes, I didn't really do much (I was the first one) because I don't buy heroes.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:18 pm

AerisDraco wrote:I actually didn't change his HP. Didn't think it was necessary.
Ashbite is cool and all, but seems a little OP.

As for votes, I didn't really do much (I was the first one) because I don't buy heroes.

I don't remember him having 670 HP. :?
At least he isn't UP. ;) (No offense, but I'll wait and see if BBB or someone else agrees on him being OP. Just because I like having more than one person's opinion on a topic. :) Also, don't forget that each and every one of his skills is on an extremely long CD timer to balance them out. ;) )

OK then. (But it's still weird that no one else voted Vezzie as being OP. :? )
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:21 pm

I used Wiki stats.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:29 pm

AerisDraco wrote:I used Wiki stats.

Hm, that's strange. (It still doesn't need to be 670.)

Also BBB, what do you mean by the "or" in Saitam's "Hand of God" skill? Is there a 50/50 chance or some unexplained other mechanic involved?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:47 am

Ninja wrote:
AerisDraco wrote:I used Wiki stats.

Hm, that's strange. (It still doesn't need to be 670.)

Also BBB, what do you mean by the "or" in Saitam's "Hand of God" skill? Is there a 50/50 chance or some unexplained other mechanic involved?

If the enemy has magical abilities, it is silenced. If not, then it is stunned. :)

Also, I'm going to move back to my own thread, because I find the disorganization annoying.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:50 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:If the enemy has magical abilities, it is silenced. If not, then it is stunned. :)

Also, I'm going to move back to my own thread, because I find the disorganization annoying.

Oh, OK. That probably needs a better explanation. Also, on the topic of disorganization: I like Aeris' idea. Ideas deemed "finished" by their creators should be added to the OP. :)

(Also, what do you think of Ashbite 2.0 and the revised Xin 2.0? :) )
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:51 am

I asked Kingmaker, he says a separate thread, preferably linked in the OP, should have all of them.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:54 am

AerisDraco wrote:I asked Kingmaker, he says a separate thread, preferably linked in the OP, should have all of them.

That's a good idea, but, and I'm just curious, why isn't this thread's OP suitable?
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:55 am

AerisDraco wrote:Should someone make another thread/update the OP with all the heroes in the thread? I think we've made it pretty high.

The Kingmaker wrote:Yeah, I agree
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

PreviousNext