Crossy Road

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Crossy Road

by The Kingmaker » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 pm

BBB, from my understanding that's how politics works, if 2/3 of congressmen didn't support Trump and he was president, literally nothing would happen, thus it is whoever holds the majority that is president, and not the president who is dependant on the results of congress. At least I think that's how it works here.

Here if you have enough MPs to pass whatever you want provided all of them vote you're set, if not then you have to form a coalition.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Not quite sure about latter parts of that, but here in 'MURICA we have executive orders. (Not sure if the UK has them too) Basically, the President (like what Obama is currently doing) can basically sign something and more or less, it happens, though that's simplifying things.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:14 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:BBB, from my understanding that's how politics works, if 2/3 of congressmen didn't support Trump and he was president, literally nothing would happen, thus it is whoever holds the majority that is president, and not the president who is dependant on the results of congress. At least I think that's how it works here.

Here if you have enough MPs to pass whatever you want provided all of them vote you're set, if not then you have to form a coalition.

Did I say otherwise? I don't get what you're trying to explain to me. :?

I've been considering moving to the UK as an adult. School, politics, and the economy are all so poor here that I want out.
BBB

by RZRider » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:16 pm

So you would rather be in a monarchythan a democracy. Strange indeed
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by AerisDraco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:04 am

*nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn*

The UK is a constitutional monarchy, a subset of democracy where a legislative house runs things, and the position of queen/king/prince/etc. is ceremonial.
Likewise, the US is considered a republic, another subset of democracy.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 am

Aeris is right here, after the 4 Georges Parliament became more independent but it was after King Edward abdicated parliament was truly independent, making all the decisions based on who held the balance of power in the houses and not who was in favour of the King.

The major difference between UK and US politics is how parties work. In the US you vote for your candidate who goes up against the other candidate. Whoever wins, is president. Done. (Or thereabouts) In the UK there are roughly the same two main parties to the left and right, but there is the Liberal Democrats in the middle, the Green Party to the left, the Scottish Notional Party somewhere around left/middle and the racists in UKIP and the BNP to the far right. Whoever has the most votes, doesn't immediately win, but is in the best position to form a coalition with another party.

My treasured creations:
User

by Simmonds91 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:05 am

my thread.. my beautiful beautiful thread... :cry:

Btw, Kanye west for US President 2020! :D
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by AerisDraco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 am

I support Cthulhu for president 2016!
Why vote for a lesser evil?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Indeed, however I myself prefer Deez Nuts for president to Cthulu. Not because I dislike cthulu, but he is ruler of everything anyway.

My treasured creations:
User

Previous