Suggestion: Civil defense tower

For the King!

Suggestion: Civil defense tower

by Julian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

In my opinion the expansion / the sequel should have one or two more towers types.
These towers should fit into the medieval theme, but should not be too similar to the existing ones.
After some thinking, I came up with the 'Civil defense tower':

Kingdom rush 2: Civil defense tower
Although the civil defense tower reloads very slow and its range is lower than all other towers’, it deals area damage and ignores both armor and magic resistance. Civilians use buckets to throw everything that is available to them on the enemies, from household waste to acid, creating damaging pools on the ground that disappear after a few seconds.

Basic towers
Level 1: Civil defense (price: 100 gold, reload: very slow, range: very short)
Level 2: Hot water (price: 160 gold, reload: very slow, range: very short)
Level 3: Burning oil (price: 240 gold, reload: very slow, range: very short)

Advanced towers (level 4)
Alchemists’ lab (price: 300 gold, reload: very slow, range: short)
Philosopher’s stone (turns enemies into solid gold, making them temporarily immobile)
Panacea (cures all diseases of allied soldiers in range, making them regenerate health faster)

Witches’ caldron (price: 300 gold, reload: very slow, range: short)
Acid overflow (acid floods from the caldron to poison every enemy in range)
Acid vapor (acid vapor from the caldron deals poison damage to nearby flying enemies)

Damage of all towers and special abilities to be decided upon testing and revising, to make sure it’s well balanced relative to the other tower types.

I would love to hear what others think about this and if you need some fail artwork of the towers, don't be shy to ask x]
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

Re: Suggestion: Civil defense tower

by overcoldice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

i like the idea concept
but i don't really get what's civil, alchemist and witch relations =.=
User

by Julian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Well, in the middle ages there were alchemists and, as many people believed, witches amongst the civilians.
As the discovery of this could lead to an inevitable death, they tried to keep their evil activities secret 8-)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by MaGnUs » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 pm

I like this... very grassroots!
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by overcoldice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Julian wrote:Well, in the middle ages there were alchemists and, as many people believed, witches amongst the civilians.
As the discovery of this could lead to an inevitable death, they tried to keep their evil activities secret

'kay i got it now ^.^
User

by Earendel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm

It seems like the differentiator for this sort of tower is that it creates damaging pools. The key strength of the tower is that pretty much guarantees to do some damage to any unit that tries to pass the affected area. With that in mind, it might be best to just assume that the damaging pool lasts for the same amount of time as the reload time. It doesn't really matter what the reload time is, the tower just guarantees that the damaging pool is always there. You could even set the location of the pool like a troop deployment point.

I don't like the name Civil Defense tower. It's quite a long name and not very descriptive. The thing that the towers you mentioned have in common is that they're all bucket-related activity. 'Bucket Towers' doesn't quite have the right ring to it but 'Cauldron Towers' sounds pretty good.

The names of the first 3 could be Cauldron tower, Boiling Tower, Pitch (Burning Oil) Tower.

The special abilities are good except Panacea seems a bit out of place. I'd replace it with something like Glue, which would slow enemies walking through the pool.

Julian wrote:if you need some fail artwork of the towers, don't be shy to ask x]

Yes, fail artwork please. :)
User

by MaGnUs » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

"People Tower". :) "Peasant Tower". :)
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by Julian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Earendel wrote:I don't like the name Civil Defense tower. It's quite a long name and not very descriptive. The thing that the towers you mentioned have in common is that they're all bucket-related activity. 'Bucket Towers' doesn't quite have the right ring to it but 'Cauldron Towers' sounds pretty good.

The names of the first 3 could be Cauldron tower, Boiling Tower, Pitch (Burning Oil) Tower.

The special abilities are good except Panacea seems a bit out of place. I'd replace it with something like Glue, which would slow enemies walking through the pool.

Well I agree with everything you say I guess. I was thinking, 'archers, soldiers, mages, artillery, what did we have more in the middle ages'? I went for civilians as farmers/peasants are actually what the reinforcements are, at least when not upgraded. Although the level 1 tower is simply called 'civil defense' and not 'civil defense tower' (I added tower in the thread name to make it clear that it is a tower suggestion), it's not really a perfect name. And glue is a great idea :)

Earendel wrote:
Julian wrote:if you need some fail artwork of the towers, don't be shy to ask x]

Yes, fail artwork please. :)

O noes now I have to draw me some fail artwork ^.^
User

by Julian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 pm

What about just plain 'Civil tower'? :)

p.s. fail artwork coming tomorrow
User

by Julian » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:26 pm

What about 'Serf Tower'? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom)
I kinda like that one =)

And here's my awesome fail artwork of a level 2 tower:
8-)
User

by Julian » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Of course, that's it! Women tower ;o
Women help their husbands in danger and make the game more enjoyable for female players 8-)
And witches are females after all.
User

by Barrotes » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Julian wrote:And witches are females after all.

Not true.

Suggestion name: Swamp Tower ?
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by Earendel » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Julian wrote:What about 'Serf Tower'? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom)
I kinda like that one =)

I don't really like civil tower, it sounds to civil for peasants. Serf tower ins't bad but I don't think most people know what serfs are, they probably think it has something to do with surfing. Maybe that's ok since it's sort of water related anyway.
What about Peasant Tower?

Julian wrote:And here's my awesome fail artwork of a level 2 tower:
8-)

That's an awesome fail boiling water tower there. It's sort of Eye or Sauron meets Stargate. :D
User

by Epicazeroth » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Earendel wrote:
Julian wrote:What about 'Serf Tower'? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom)
I kinda like that one =)

I don't really like civil tower, it sounds to civil for peasants. Serf tower ins't bad but I don't think most people know what serfs are, they probably think it has something to do with surfing. Maybe that's ok since it's sort of water related anyway.
What about Peasant Tower?

I learned about serfs in 7th grade. well, officially. I actually can't remember when I learned it, probably when I was like 6 or younger.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User