Smash

Talk about anything game related!

Smash

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:43 pm

My real-life friends and I all call the game Shmish on the Wii U version and Shmoosh on the 3DS version, but we're still talking about Smash Bros. :)

I got this game for my birthday and I really like it. It's been hard to decide whether to play Dragon's Dogma or this game, though I've gotten to play both thanks to Spring Break. :D

There are plenty of people more dedicated to the game than I, so to talk about why it's a good game is unnecessary. :mrgreen:

Does anyone want my friend code? I'll send you a PM of it if you ask. :)
BBB

Re: Smash

by AerisDraco » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:52 pm

SETTLE IN SMASH

Friend codes are a 3DS thing, right?

I only have the Wii U version (as I'll never get a DS), and haven't bought any DLC.
I play with my sister occasionally, especially when we have no HW, to try and unlock all of those extra specials. So many.

Who do you main? I personally main Toon Link, though Donkey Kong is super fun on Luigi's Mansion, especially w/ 8 players.

(So, you're also on Spring Break?)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:21 pm

SMASH BROS.

Though like Aeris, I only play on Wii U.

Lately I've been getting into Ganondorf, and found that despite how easy he is to juggle, his special skill set is quite good; and besides, DAT SPIKE.
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:54 pm

The ones I use most are: King Dedede, Ganondorf, Little Mac, Villager(he's so OP), and Charizard, in that order. I'm practicing Kirby right now, and after that, probably Ness.

I wanted the Wii U more but we could only get the 3DS for my birthday. I'm still really grateful to have gotten the 3DS at all. :D
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Dedede ... the very name ... :evil:
User

by Magnus0 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:52 pm

OOOOOHHH YYYEAAAAAHHHH WE'RE TALKING SMASH!!! err... Shmish

I don't really have a main, I play like 1/3 of the characters regularly. I want to main Zelda, but I can't deny that she is pretty bad, so I use Pikachu, Palutena and Villager quite a lot as well.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:OOOOOHHH YYYEAAAAAHHHH WE'RE TALKING SMASH!!! err... Shmish

I don't really have a main, I play like 1/3 of the characters regularly. I want to main Zelda, but I can't deny that she is pretty bad, so I use Pikachu, Palutena and Villager quite a lot as well.

Yes, Zelda is really cool and I like her fair/bair, but she really is just too UP.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Ninja wrote:Dedede ... the very name ... :evil:

Dededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededede...

:twisted:
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Dedede ... the very name ... :evil:

Dededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededede...

:twisted:

Ugh, repulsive. Dededisgusting, in fact.

It looks like I have to take drastic measures now. *Reveals hidden Sheik main*

[+] SPOILER
I don't actually main Sheik, though I am reasonably good at playing her.
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 pm

AUTORETICLE
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:22 pm

The only Shmish character I truly don't like is Lucina; her playstyle is just like Marth, who is extremely boring anyways. Even the AI can't do anything cool with them other than spam counterattacks.

So, Ninja, what's your issue with King Dedede?
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:31 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:The only Shmish character I truly don't like is Lucina; her playstyle is just like Marth, who is extremely boring anyways. Even the AI can't do anything cool with them other than spam counterattacks.

So, Ninja, what's your issue with King Dedede?

Well, the AIs are pretty decent at using their aerial attacks too. Also, there is a slight playstyle difference between them, which is that Lucina's blade deals the most damage at the very tip while Marth's deals the same damage all the way down the blade. That can be interesting to fool around with.

I mostly dislike Dedede because he's imbalanced and OP, but also because of several more personal reasons such as:

1. My little brother beat me once with him and now he brags about how he's better than I am, even though that obviously isn't true. That's starting to get on my nerves.
2. Like I said above, he's OP, mainly because he inflicts 7648938401264 percent with every attack, even with his jab, which comes out ridiculously fast for such a fatso.
3. Most of the time my siblings and I play on the Big Battlefield, and as a result, Dedede and Little Mac become massively, egregiously OP due to the long, flat surface and the middle platform for Dedede to hide under and spam jabs/smash attacks.

And the list goes on ... :evil:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:44 am

He is pretty powerful, but I never thought of him as OP until you convinced me of it. I always thought that Ness was the most OP character.
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:55 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:He is pretty powerful, but I never thought of him as OP until you convinced me of it. I always thought that Ness was the most OP character.

Try making a custom Dedede with total bruiser badges and his OPness will become even more apparent, even versus other custom characters. Ness is pretty good, but there are several characters that are better if played correctly.
User

by Magnus0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:18 am

Actually, Ness is way better than DDD. DDD is nowhere near OP because of his laggy moves. He is also so fat that's it's hard not to hit him. I thought Shiek, Zero Suit Samus and Rosalina were the top-tier characters.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:Actually, Ness is way better than DDD. DDD is nowhere near OP because of his laggy moves. He is also so fat that's it's hard not to hit him. I thought Shiek, Zero Suit Samus and Rosalina were the top-tier characters.

Well yes, they are the top-tier characters. And I say Dedede is OP just because he fulfills 3 different roles at once: heavy, bruiser, and floater! :roll:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Top-tier doesn't mean OP, though, it just means that the players using the, are really good. ;)

My friend has a Wii U that he brings to my house whenever he comes over, but we've never gone online before. Maybe we could organise some kind of match with my friend and me against 2 forum members. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Top-tier doesn't mean OP, though, it just means that the players using them are really good. ;)

My friend has a Wii U that he brings to my house whenever he comes over, but we've never gone online before. Maybe we could organise some kind of match with my friend and me against 2 forum members. :)

Exactly. Dedede is OP, however. ;)

I would like to do that, but be warned that my internet is horrific if we do try it, mainly because my older brother is literally always using it for extremely laggy games. (And everyone else in my family {which is large} is using it during all hours of the day on weekends.) :lol:
User

by Magnus0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Top-tier doesn't mean OP, though, it just means that the players using the, are really good. ;)

Still, if you put a really really good Sheik player against an equally skilled Zelda player, the Sheik player will most likely win. The way I see it, a character is top-tier if he has the least amount of bad matchups (and the highest amount of good matchups).

I have a wii u too, and I would love to play smash with you BBB :) . My connection sucks though.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 pm

It would be an honour to be destroyed by both of you. :geek:
BBB

Next