kingdom rush direction

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

kingdom rush direction

by TheUnderGOAT » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 pm

kingdom rush is already one of the best tower defense games ever created (let no one tell you different).so how can you improve this amazing game you may ask. well expand on a wider level. by that i mean, creat a larger scale for players. by this i mean that, you could expannd the games by combining them and making one huge game.for example making a huge game witch would be based a lot on player to player action. adding leader boards for the whole world so you can see how good you are. also adding spectator mode and a chat so players could communicate to each other.you could also add a weekly brawl which would add insae challeneges which affect the gampley but only once every week. this will add something new every week so gameplay would never go stail. adding to this you could in game currency like crystals which would you can buy different perks but also buy heros. you could add more maps and a level editor which would would creat a whole new level of gampley. the highest rated level created by a player could recive awards. same with challenges you could win common,rare,epic,exotci and legendery heros and perks. also there would be a player level which will change the rank you are on. this means that ecah time you level up you can get costome things. you could also add (like the weekly brawl) player suggestions for you guys creating a hero. this game will include all the knigdom rush games which you can still play normally but also adding different modes if gampley need spicing up. you could also add different skins for heros and towers whcih would add different perks or just cosmetics. also try adding some way off multiplayer so players could play againts eacho other or together. or adding a war mode which 4 factions are battling againts each other (factions including archers,soldiers,mages and dwarfs). or just creating different factions like colours. and this would mean that there would be 10 new levels leading to the center of the map and the faction with the most points or the highest score will win (each player can only do one level once. or you could add clans or 'kingdoms' which you can have battles againts different kingdoms. also every week you could add a new enemy or a boss to the game with a new map. as well as a hero. linking back to the multiplayer mode you could a coop maps so you can play with a freind or a random player. by this i mean making the level twice as big and twice as hard so one of you controls half of a map and there are 2 heros one urs and one his (you can only move and use ur own one). also add different special ebilitys like the rain of fier a the lighting storm and a lot more. you can choose only one to use in the level.also changing up the upgrades for the towers. you could get different upgrades,perks,heros,cosmetics and so on in chest which will be awarded to you by completing challenges. the platforms you can play this game could be pc,mobile and others. this could be a break through in the kingdom rush series for sure and would make the game the best ever game for ever. please give this a large amount of thought and try to make this happen because this would be a game which would never be beaten. you could call the game Kingdom Rush: Univers. just an idea. :D
User

Re: kingdom rush direction

by Ninja » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Welcome to the forums; but please, paragraph the OP. As it is, I don't even think I can read it without going blind from the pain, and the incorrect grammar disinclines me further. So please fix it. :)
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Resists urge to correct the post. *shakes in seat* ;)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:54 pm

TheUnderGOAT wrote:Kingdom Rush is already one of the best tower defense games ever created (let no one tell you different!). So, "how can you improve this amazing game?" you may ask. Well, expand on a wider level. By that, I mean create a larger scale for players; you could expand the games by combining them and making one huge game. For example, make a huge game which would be based a lot on player-to-player action and adding leader boards for the whole world so you can see how good you are. Also, adding a spectator mode and a chat so players could communicate with each other.

So, what else would this huge game include? Do you mean combining all of the star upgrades, tower types, heroes, enemies, and levels into one mega-game where everyone can see other people's accomplishments? In general, those kinds of things are ambitious but fun to have in video games. However, the KR series is a strategy game with many constant attributes, like wave composition for each level and the stats of heroes, enemies, towers, spells, etc. always being the same in their respective games. Most people have all of the achievements and all of the stars in every game already, so leaderboards would be mostly pointless.

The only real competition comes from Endless Mode scores, which require luck and personally aren't very fun for me because of it. I doubt that I'm the only person in the world who has no interest in competing in Endless Mode, so there isn't anything to enjoy competitively in the games unless a new gameplay mode was integrated.

TheUnderGOAT wrote:You could also add a weekly brawl which would add insane challeneges which affect the gameplay. This will add something new every week so gameplay would never go stale.

On the forum, there is a thread where the community can come up with challenges to share and give to other players. It's better than a developer-managed challenge system because players will test the challenge themselves to see if they are possible, allowing for lots of new varieties of challenges without having to be tested by the devs. Of course, not every player is on the forum and we haven't updated the thread in a long time, but since the games are in a limbo state right now, that would be expected.

TheUnderGOAT wrote:Adding to that, you could integrate in-game currency like crystals which would you can buy different perks but also buy heroes.

I remember this archaic discussion, back in the Wailwail and Ashbite days of the forum. Using gems to buy heroes is so useless for Ironhide, like trying to sell Chicken McNuggets to the cashier at McDonalds. The gems are fictional currency in the game made by the devs themselves; it would be of no value to them to try and pay for their merchandise using their own merchandise. You realise this. It's the reason why you want it to be a possibility: so you can get heroes for free. Well, it's not going to happen, and that's a good thing, because Ironhide will use that money well like they always have. You wouldn't even GET another KR game if it weren't for the heroes. In fact, if you take out the revenue from heroes in KR and Frontiers, I doubt Origins would ever exist.

TheUnderGOAT wrote:You could also add more maps and a level editor which would create a whole new level of gameplay. The highest rated level created by a player could receive awards. Same with challenges: you could win common, rare, epic, exotic, and legendery heroes and perks. Also, there could be a player level which will change the rank you are at. This means that each time you level up, you can get costume things.

Personally, I would ADORE a KR level editor. Players can be so creative and have the time (and resources thanks to the editor) to make the most intricate, amazing, and otherwise-impossible maps for the series. The Fanfiction forum can attest to that. I also really like the idea of recognising the top-voted player maps, though nothing more than crystals as rewards would be necessary, as it would exclude people from other things in the game if there were rewards that could only be acquired through the community's input.

Hopefully this will someday be a part of KR. I can't remember if there was ever a reason given to not have the editor (if there was, it must not have been that good to be so forgettable) but the best that I can imagine is that it's being saved as a selling point for 4th, 5th, or such instalment of KR to ensure better sales. It would definitely guarantee my purchase. :D

TheUnderGOAT wrote:You could also add (like the weekly brawl) player suggestions for you guys to create a hero. This game will include all the Kingdom Rush games, which you can still play normally, but also adding different modes of gameplay if it needs spicing up. You could also add different skins for heroes and towers which would add different perks or just cosmetics.

The Fanfiction forum is full of hero ideas, and many conversations have been had about improving existing ones. An in-game suggestion centre seems odd when the forum is right here for such a thing.

Skins for heroes and towers also seem like a nice, but useless addition. I only choose to not support this because it is such a minute detail.

TheUnderGOAT wrote:Also, try adding some form of multiplayer so players could play against each other or together, or adding a war mode in which 4 factions are battling against each other (factions including archers, soldiers, mages and dwarves), or just creating different factions like colours. This would mean that there would be 10 new levels leading to the center of the map and the faction with the most points or the highest score will win (each player can only do one level once) or you could add clans or 'kingdoms' in which you can have battles against different kingdoms.

You have such admirable ambition and enthusiasm. :mrgreen: Though a level creator will always be my most-wanted addition to a KR game, multiplayer would be fun, too. KR is a lot more hardcore than Iron Marines is intended to be, so multiplayer would fit more here because of the competitive nature of hardcore gamers. Taking the time to balance out just 1 more army to compete with Linirea would be a vast consumption of time; 4 factions is superfluous. I'd honestly like more games with a decent amount of updates more than a few games with a ton of very different modes.

I don't understand what you mean about 10 new levels leading to the centre of the map, but it sounds interesting. Elaborate, please. :D

TheUnderGOAT wrote:Also, every week, you could add a new enemy or a boss to the game with a new map as well as a hero. Linking back to the multiplayer mode, you could add co-op maps so you can play with a friend or a random player. By this, I mean making the level twice as big and twice as hard so one of you controls half of the map and there are 2 heroes: one is yours, and the other one is his (you can only move and use yout own one). Also, add different special abilities like the Rain of Fire, the Lightning Storm, and a lot more. You can choose only one to use in the level.

Perhaps reskins of enemies with new stats and some pre-existing abilities could work, but weekly is a stretch, unless they were procedurally generated, which is, from what I hear, time-consuming and expensive. Larger levels is a bad idea because the game is already very small, with tiny enemies and towers in a map. To halve the size of them would be ugly and hard to play. Honestly, if you and a friend could have individual gold (earned by something that you own killing an enemy), heroes, and spells to use in an Endless Mode to get further, it would be extremely fun with less weight on Ironhide's shoulders as well as continuing to be perpetually enjoyable.

TheUnderGOAT wrote:Also, change up the upgrades for the towers. You could get different upgrades, perks, heroes, cosmetics, and so on in chests which will be awarded to you by completing challenges. The platforms you can play this game could be PC, mobile, and others. This could be a break through in the Kingdom Rush series for sure and would make the game the best ever game forever. Please give this a large amount of thought and try to make this happen because this would be a game which would never be beaten. You could call the game Kingdom Rush: Universe. Just an idea. :D

Just an idea among many, many others. ;)

The idea of an infinite game always interests me, but ends up disappointing me in some way or another. You see, even when you can farm infinitely for randomly generated gear and hope that you can keep getting stronger, the luck of the situation and futility of just outright getting better to make the game more easy than it already is for powerful characters in the hands of dedicated, masterful players makes me not want to play the game anymore. I've already desired a game where continuing to play would earn you something more than what you got last time, and you had a reason to keep playing and getting stronger, some infinite goal that wasn't infinite in a pointless way.

I don't think that random challenges with superfluous rewards will achieve that sort of game that can always be played without losing interest. Perhaps a more intricate method would be able to accomplish such a goal. :)
BBB