Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by Simmonds91 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:17 pm

The_TaTs wrote: Is the kingdom rush world round or flat? - It's flat, carried on the back of four giant turtles that stand on the back of a giant elephant that flies through space.

This! So much this! :lol:

Will you be getting the small gods graphic novel thats coming out soon tats? How about the long cosmos? Im not too sure myself, ill be getting the graphic novel for sure but the long cosmos... I might get it just to complete my collection
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Juice Box » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Team Cap or Team Iron Man?
User

by Pencil » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Team I'm bloody tired of superhero movies.

Also civ war without mutants makes no sense to me. The whole thing is that since there's so much hatred and discrimination against mutants, registration would practically be a death sentence for many of them. But in the movie all I can see is whiny ass vigilantes that just don't wanna be responsible for their actions.

So I'd say team Cap in the comics, team IM in the movies (that's Iron Marines, not Ironman)
Ironhide Developer

by Chimto » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Which are the studio's favourite H.P. Lovecraft stories? Does anyone in the studio read stories by other authors in the Lovecraft circle?
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Juice Box » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:55 am

I have a ton of different emails for a lot of different purposes--I have one for normal social life stuff, another for serious college applications or organizations I want to join, and another of course for gaming.

So the thing is, TaTs, all of these emails have different names. Only the serious one actually uses my real name haha. Actually, I told you my IRL name at one point if you remember, and if you look at my email in these Forums with your mod-y powers, you'll realize that my IRL name is actually not my email name haha :b .

I know it's a little weird to have a lot of different emails for a lot of different purposes, but it helps for organization and stuff, plus it's fun haha :b . So yeah, when Iron Marines beta gets released, is it okay if I use that gaming email of mine instead of the one I use on these Forums? I know it seems a little obscure, but it would be a little heads-up in case you ever accept me for beta, and it'll help me keep my emails organized haha ^-^ .

And on a side note, when will you guys update the About Page to include your now-twenty-seven-man team?
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Ook ook wrote:Thanks for answering our questions :D :D
Is Linirea a lot bigger than the two sections we see in the KRF and KR campaign map?

Actually,

Linirea is the name of Dena's Capital... his Kingdom STILL hasn't got a name. Neither does the continent. We should really get into naming these things soon.

AerisDraco wrote:
Grand Overlord TaTs wrote:- Alleria goes back to her Kingdom after Malicia and Mactans are defeated.
- Alleria stayed north in Linirea as an ambassador and for her own protection, so the royal line is protected.

Doesn't this contradict itself?

Also, so, the Dwarven Kingdom is tenuously confirmed as at least a part of KR4.
Did you purposely mix up turtles and elephants?

At some point, could you ask around for the exact firing times for each tower? It's something I've wanted to know for a while. (I'm sure it's in the code somewhere)
Also, about how many lines go into a single tower?

The Alleria thing does not contradict itself per se... it's about timeframe. During the war with the Twilight Elves, Alleria is evacuated to the human's capital, Linirea, where she stays as an ambassador. Once the war is over, she returns home. She will travel to Linirea once more during the events of the first KR game, to assist the humans against Vez'Nan... as a way to repay Denas for his involvement in KRO.

I like "tenuously confirmed"... I will start using this on official announcement. "We tenuously confirm a Hero sale". LOL.
I might have purposely mixed turtles or elephants. The chances of making such a mistake is 1 in a million, which scientists says it's something that happens 9 out of 10 times.

The exact firing time of each tower is... ummm... variable, because time is an illusion. (I'll have to ask one of the programmers about this and they are super busy right now, let me come back to you on this at another time).

The code lines for a tower are somewhere between "a lot... and a ton"... roughly 5000 lines.

Big Bad Bug wrote:I know the extra damage that Lynn deals to cursed enemies. If we were allowed to answer questions, I could tell JB for you instead of you having to go ask Colo. ;) Actually, can't it just be discovered by playing the game? I'm more confused by the nature of the question. :?

Have you ever watched or hears about any TED Talks, Tats? They give lots of insight to many things, including video games, which could benefit any future games you guys make (in a far better way than Extra Credits ;) ) as well as the current projects, possibly.

I salute you for your discipline, oh Large Evil Arthropod one. If it's asked here, don't answer, even if you know the answer and I don't. ;)

I've watched a ton of Ted talks over the years. We host talks here in Uruguay as well.... and Pablo Realini once gave a talk about his experience making the first Kingdom Rush... it's in Spanish though... no subs... sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wek26qAzXNg

Ook ook wrote:Are there other dwarven kingdoms besides the one in KRO?
In KRF thay mention the lost kingdom of loria is that the same kingdom as the one in KRO?
Do the sylvan elves have a strong hold somewhere?

- There are probably other Dwarves Kingdoms, yes.
- I think it's the same kingdom yes.
- Sylvan elves are mostly nomads, they live in the forest without ever staying long in one place. When a major threat appears they quickly organise into a fearsome if small fighting force, and make use of their old Halls which are usually abandoned.

Oof_Shunt wrote:T-shirts?

It's a clothing garment, usually made of cotton. You can find short sleeved, long sleeved, and no-sleeve options... also, v-neck options if you think you can pull it off without looking like a creep.

Jokes aside, we are working on it. Sadly, like everything in life, it takes time.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:

Do you often visit the Fan Fiction forum for ideas?

Any of you guys hyped for Civil War?

I'll admit that I haven't visited the Fan Fiction forum recently. I'm sorry.

I am hyped for Civil War, yes. Although I have to agree a bit with Pencil in the fact that I'm a bit oversaturated of the whole Superhero movie thing. I shouldn't complain though... I was a kid in the early 90's... Superhero movies where... bad. Except for the 2 first Batman movies, everything else sucked.

I, however, absolutely disagree with Pencil about what Civil War is really about. It's not about the mutants. It's about accountability and the price to pay by being controlled by the government. In the comics, Mutants actually tried to get as far away as possible from the conflict... except Wolverine, because he is also an Avenger (and doesn't run away of fights, and loves to rebel against authority whenever he can).

Simmonds91 wrote:
The_TaTs wrote: Is the kingdom rush world round or flat? - It's flat, carried on the back of four giant turtles that stand on the back of a giant elephant that flies through space.

This! So much this! :lol:

Will you be getting the small gods graphic novel thats coming out soon tats? How about the long cosmos? Im not too sure myself, ill be getting the graphic novel for sure but the long cosmos... I might get it just to complete my collection

I might get that version, yes. Not so sure about Long Cosmos.

Juice Box wrote:Team Cap or Team Iron Man?

In the comics I'm Team Cap... Iron Man is presented as a gigantic @sshole more concerned with politics while Cap is the one that remembers what being a Hero is all about.

In the movies, I suspect I'll start as Team Iron man... even though most of the bad things that happened on previous movies are his fault, his "accountability" approach seems more valid than Cap's motives ("I'll go rogue because I found my old lost friend"). I guess I'll have to wait and see... if the movie is any good, maybe I'll shift teams more than once before the end. That's what I'm hoping for.

Chimto wrote:Which are the studio's favourite H.P. Lovecraft stories? Does anyone in the studio read stories by other authors in the Lovecraft circle?

Dunno about the rest. My favourite is "The Outsider".

Juice Box wrote:
[+] SPOILER
I have a ton of different emails for a lot of different purposes--I have one for normal social life stuff, another for serious college applications or organizations I want to join, and another of course for gaming.

So the thing is, TaTs, all of these emails have different names. Only the serious one actually uses my real name haha. Actually, I told you my IRL name at one point if you remember, and if you look at my email in these Forums with your mod-y powers, you'll realize that my IRL name is actually not my email name haha :b .

I know it's a little weird to have a lot of different emails for a lot of different purposes, but it helps for organization and stuff, plus it's fun haha :b . So yeah, when Iron Marines beta gets released, is it okay if I use that gaming email of mine instead of the one I use on these Forums? I know it seems a little obscure, but it would be a little heads-up in case you ever accept me for beta, and it'll help me keep my emails organized haha ^-^ .

And on a side note, when will you guys update the About Page to include your now-twenty-seven-man team?

Short answer, we can get the email thing sorted. No problem.

We've been working on a complete overhaul of our website, which will also include information about the team. That's why we stopped updating the old site.
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:52 pm

TIME IS AN ILLUSION! THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM! BUY GOLD! BYE!
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by AerisDraco » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Will Pencil post pictures of the things he draws during the streams?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:20 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Will Pencil post pictures of the things he draws during the streams?

If the answer to this is a no, could it be a thing in future?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Why did you guys decide on the name Ironhide? Which one came first, the logo, or the name?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by Pencil » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:37 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:
AerisDraco wrote:Will Pencil post pictures of the things he draws during the streams?

If the answer to this is a no, could it be a thing in future?

I will, actually. It's been a couple of busy weeks guys, sorry I haven't been too active and stuff.

Last streams' doodles will be posted online along with the announcement of the next stream, which you guys already know is gonna be this friday.

Me and Tats are hard at work on our respective responsibilities, while also trying to get this whole art stream stuff up and running in our own time outside of work. Last stream bared excellent results despite some technical difficulties (a stupid-ass mic), and we're looking forward to have this be a regular in our schedules and hopefully yours ^^
Ironhide Developer

by The Kingmaker » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Brilliant! Thank you!

My treasured creations:
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Delectable.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by magicmetal03 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Can this website fend off a DDOS attack?Or any hacker attack?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Pencil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:14 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:Can this website fend off a DDOS attack?Or any hacker attack?

Dude, we make tower defense games.

Of course we can fend off DDOS attacks, I personally like to max out archers first.
Ironhide Developer

by The Kingmaker » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Does the Drider have a separate animation for the poison/breed attack?

Now for today's version of *drumroll* random Lore questions! :yey: (feel free to make up something)

How much involvement did Vez'Nan have in his armies? Did he fund them, provide weapons, magic and the like, or simply bring them into conflict with the human forces? I've always been curious how much was his design.

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:51 am

What is the oldest being in the KR Universe for each game's time zone? Youngest for each game?

Also, lore-wise, which Mage hero would win in a free-for-all mosh pit between each magic hero? (Assuming Vez'nan is in his hero form without the aid of Elynie's Tear and that neither he nor Nivus would instakill other heroes with their spells) :twisted:

Finally, I ask the same question but for both bosses and enemies. Which would win if there was 1 of each all fighting at the same time (probably in an epic location like Pandaemonium) against each other? I know that there isn't a specific lore answer for each enemy, but based on your lore knowledge, who would win in your opinions, Tats and Pencil? :)
BBB

by Ninja » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Also, lore-wise, which Mage hero would win in a free-for-all mosh pit between each magic hero? (Assuming Vez'nan is in his hero form without the aid of Elynie's Tear and that neither he nor Nivus would instakill other heroes with their spells) :twisted:

You aren't going to disallow Hero Spells too? This is going to be a lopsided fight. :lol:
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:55 am

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Also, lore-wise, which Mage hero would win in a free-for-all mosh pit between each magic hero? (Assuming Vez'nan is in his hero form without the aid of Elynie's Tear and that neither he nor Nivus would instakill other heroes with their spells) :twisted:

You aren't going to disallow Hero Spells too? This is going to be a lopsided fight. :lol:

It's more of a lore battle, based in Tats' and Pencil's opinions on who is stronger given their knowledge of the lore of the game world. Making it an FFA mosh pit just makes the idea more fun. :D
BBB

by The_TaTs » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:20 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:Why did you guys decide on the name Ironhide? Which one came first, the logo, or the name?

I think the name came first. It was the only name that the three studio co-founders could agree on.
The logo was made on a hurry. This was done all rather quickly, since the first Kingdom Rush was going to be presented to Armorgames.

The Kingmaker wrote:Does the Drider have a separate animation for the poison/breed attack?

Now for today's version of *drumroll* random Lore questions! :yey: (feel free to make up something)

How much involvement did Vez'Nan have in his armies? Did he fund them, provide weapons, magic and the like, or simply bring them into conflict with the human forces? I've always been curious how much was his design.

I don't think the Drider has a separate animation.

Vez'Nan is more of a goal oriented manager. He appoints someone to be in charge, gives that person resources and people, and expects certain results.
If that person fails, then Vez'Nan uses his long experience as a team leader to boil the person alive while the underlings watch in panic.
You know, just normal business common sense.

Big Bad Bug wrote:What is the oldest being in the KR Universe for each game's time zone? Youngest for each game?

Also, lore-wise, which Mage hero would win in a free-for-all mosh pit between each magic hero? (Assuming Vez'nan is in his hero form without the aid of Elynie's Tear and that neither he nor Nivus would instakill other heroes with their spells) :twisted:

Finally, I ask the same question but for both bosses and enemies. Which would win if there was 1 of each all fighting at the same time (probably in an epic location like Pandaemonium) against each other? I know that there isn't a specific lore answer for each enemy, but based on your lore knowledge, who would win in your opinions, Tats and Pencil? :)

Older being or older character?. Because there are some creatures that we have no idea how old they are. (Like the serpent in Crystal Lake).
I'll just go with older character.

In KR, I think Thor is probably the oldest character. Just common sense there, really.
Youngest character is probably Magnus.

In KRF, the oldest character is probably Umbra. Or maybe Nazeru.
The youngest character in my opinion is Kutsao.

In KRO, it gets trickier because there are a lot of immortal characters (or with a super extended longevity).
I think I read a document once, written by Botch, that said that Mactans was around before the elves separated into two different factions. So she is probably older than Malicia and the Elven Queen.
On the other hand... Phoenix is a mythical entity that manifest itself when a great sacrifice is being made. So she could be millennia old.
Faustus is a freaking magic dragon... who knows how old is he, really?

Youngest character... Alleria, or maybe Razz (from Razz and Rags).

The supreme magical champion in a magic melee, each hero at peak capacity, all things are equal and no install is involved.... I think it would probably be Vez'Nan. He was an apprentice of Nivus, and in this kind of story, the apprentice always surpasses the master.

The most powerful monster/enemy? Umbra. Definitely.
User

PreviousNext