Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by Finwer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:49 am

Do we get Could Saves for KRF Steam like we did with the original one?
Why the change in artstyle from KR Steam and KRF Steam?
After we get Origins on Steam as well, can we have a debug session for the original KR as well?
Why was the endless stage never included in the Steam version of KR?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by TheLightBringer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Is lito alive? :? 8-)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:05 pm

What do you think of the BBB vs JB family-friendly feud that's currently taking place here?
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: STOP THE TYPO MENACE!
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:What do you think of the BBB vs JB family-friendly fued that's currently taking place here?

*twitch* I almost switched teams.
:hero:
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Training the barracks troops, and reinforcements, does it look like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIQFzsfJilc

What happens when enemies get through and you lose lives anyway?

Probably looks a bit more like this...

When enemies get through they go directly towards the Kingdom's freezer, and they eat all the food even when it's labeled.

FastAndBlast wrote:Have you ever had a situation where you lost a lot of work because you didn't save?
That happened to me yesterday and i lost 2000 lines of code and the latest save i had was from 1 month ago :cry:

It happens to the artists from time to time. Flash crashes and some work is lost. It's a sad sad sad moment.

Lord of all evil wrote:Would you release a special update like Castle Blackburn for KRF, even if it's two years from now, in celebration of steam campaigns
Would you try to design in app purchase campaigns

Can't promise this. We might make an update with extra content, but don't know if we have time time pull a full fledged mini campaign. There are other projects that require our time and effort.
Designing campaigns that you must pay for sounds like a poor idea at the moment.

FastAndBlast wrote:Have you ever considered heroes that can be shared across games? that would be cool! 8-)

Yes. But since the game mechanics for Heroes in each game is different, the stats and Hero skills are also different. This means we can't really share them because they would be entirely different units from a mechanics and code perspective.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:
Heroes go to a pub called "The Afterlife" for an ice cold beer. Then they get kicked out and sent back to the fight.
Magnus would dance to that song like a madman, but only if he is sure that no one is watching.

1. Why that doesn't happen with villains?
2. Can Bolin Quickscope?

Villains go to a pub called "Tartarus". Obviously.
Bolin can, but that doesn't means he might want to.

magicmetal03 wrote:Have you guys ever had a power outage in the studio? And how many?

Have any of you have/has had a condition(ex:HIV(hope not),Synethesis, ADHD, etc)

We had a power outage a few months ago, wasted and entire day waiting for it to come back.

As far as I'm concerned any possible medical condition of my fellow Ironhiders is none of my business. Or anyone else's for that matter. ;)

TheLightBringer wrote:1) As a fellow creative person sometimes I just have an idea for one game and then it can develop to hundreds of ideas, but sometimes I can just dry out of any idea in any game. What do you guys do at work when you run out of ideas? (That could be how iron marines were created I assume - or just by an idea which was intended to be for KR but would not fit and just snowballed)

2) Is there a chance that you'd actually take a phenomenal idea from the forums and create a further kingdom rush based and built around the idea?

3) Into how large scale would you guys want to get with your games, in terms of community/followers?

4) Assuming you never ran out of resources, ideas, energy, motivation and time, how many versions would you like to release for KR?

5) Would you like your future KR version (aka KR 4 and so forth) to include more content and new features?

6) Would you ever like to try making KR even more lore-involved?

7) Assuming your next game releases will result in huuuuuuuuuge money profits, what would you do with the money? [if not for personal life]

1) We don't run out of ideas. There are plenty of creative people here with tons of enthusiasm. If we ever faced a situation like that, we would simply start a brainstorming session until we come up with something we like.

2) Everything is possible. But keep in mind that not even I have the time to read all your ideas and the whole idea of having a studio of your own is so you can make the games you want to make.

3) As large as possible? Dunno. All we want is to make games. The larger the community, the more money we have to invest in projects.

4) Hard to say. Until we are bored of it, I guess.

5) That's the general idea. Every KR games builds upon the previous one in terms of Lore and Content.

6) The problem here is how to add more to the story without using wall texts (that are super boring) and cut-scenes (that uses too much resources from devices)... so far we prefer to let the game's mechanics tell the story.

7) Make more games? Maybe try consoles?... Maybe invest in expanding the studio a bit more so we can finally support an online multiplayer game.

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Why was this soundtrack unused for Rising Tides?
I think its epic, or are you going to use it for the Steam version?

Because the song was shy and didn't want to appear in the game. Silly song.

Finwer wrote:Do we get Could Saves for KRF Steam like we did with the original one?
After we get Origins on Steam as well, can we have a debug session for the original KR as well?

Cloud Saves are confirmed.
Because we used a different artist.
Highly unlikely.
Good question. At the time the decision was made because the Gnome Store was also not included... it was concluded that forcing players to play the endless stage without the consumable items was not a very good idea.

TheLightBringer wrote:Is lito alive? :? 8-)

Lito is immortal. He will bury us all.

Big Bad Bug wrote:What do you think of the BBB vs JB family-friendly feud that's currently taking place here?

You two are adorable dorks. I would never be able to pick one.
#Adorkable.
User

by SealDarklight » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Do you like Serious Sam? Oh and also what suprises lies behind the KR4? Does it take Place in a cold enviroment with Trees and a Kylo Ren Easter egg and a Sauna middle in the dark Spruce Woods or Dark Taiga?
User

by Manijure » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:04 pm

We've been choosing sides between BBB and JB, but none of us have thought about shipping them... That is, who I know of. ;)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by magicmetal03 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Manijure wrote:We've been choosing sides between BBB and JB, but none of us have thought about shipping them... That is, who I know of. ;)

Big Juice Box. Haha
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Ninja » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Manijure wrote:We've been choosing sides between BBB and JB, but none of us have thought about shipping them... That is, who I know of. ;)

*cringes*
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

#STOPTHESHIPS
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Pencil » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 pm

*Kicks the door*

SHIPS!?

IN MY BACK YARD!?

I'LL BRING THE FANFIC
Ironhide Developer

by The_TaTs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:00 pm

SealDarklight wrote:Do you like Serious Sam? Oh and also what suprises lies behind the KR4? Does it take Place in a cold enviroment with Trees and a Kylo Ren Easter egg and a Sauna middle in the dark Spruce Woods or Dark Taiga?

My personal congrats to SealDarklight for remembering that this is a "Ask the Studio" thread and not a silly willy nilly (no idea what that means) thread about ships.

So... I will answer his questions, and everyone else can go back to topic in an orderly fashion, thank you very much.

I am not a big fan of Serious Sam. I was more into the Quake franchise when Serious Sam was popular.
If I told you what surprises lie ahead for KR4 there wouldn't be much of a point to have surprises in the first place. But there are still many months ahead before KR4 is even ready to be officialy announced, so be patient... the sneak peeks and other in-house secrets will come in due time.

An easter egg for Kylo Ren could also be in a Forest or a Desert... Episode VII had several planets. Just saying. ;)
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:55 am

What are the ranks in the Linirean Army? (and Elven Army also for that matter)
How come you have Militias and then Footmen? in terms of ranking i would think both of them have the same rank.
Can you find a way to implement horror elements into Iron Marines? think maybe the first mission of XCOM Enemy Unknown.
Does Linirea have a navy?
In Iron Marines, are the humans seperated into different factions and wage war against each other, or do they unite into one big faction and just go for exploring the galaxy and advancing technology?
Also in Iron Marines are the humans living in more of a liberal lifestyle (the likes of which seen in sandbox space games, buy your ship, go be a pirate, mine asteroids etc.), or is it more similar to the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40k where its very strict?
Who's the king before Denas?
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by SealDarklight » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:57 am

The_TaTs wrote:
SealDarklight wrote:Do you like Serious Sam? Oh and also what suprises lies behind the KR4? Does it take Place in a cold enviroment with Trees and a Kylo Ren Easter egg and a Sauna middle in the dark Spruce Woods or Dark Taiga?

My personal congrats to SealDarklight for remembering that this is a "Ask the Studio" thread and not a silly willy nilly (no idea what that means) thread about ships.

So... I will answer his questions, and everyone else can go back to topic in an orderly fashion, thank you very much.

I am not a big fan of Serious Sam. I was more into the Quake franchise when Serious Sam was popular.
If I told you what surprises lie ahead for KR4 there wouldn't be much of a point to have surprises in the first place. But there are still many months ahead before KR4 is even ready to be officialy announced, so be patient... the sneak peeks and other in-house secrets will come in due time.

An easter egg for Kylo Ren could also be in a Forest or a Desert... Episode VII had several planets. Just saying. ;)

Haha i spoiled it :evil: :evil: :evil:
User

by Finwer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 am

The_TaTs wrote:
Finwer wrote:Do we get Could Saves for KRF Steam like we did with the original one?

Highly unlikely.
Good question. At the time the decision was made because the Gnome Store was also not included... it was concluded that forcing players to play the endless stage without the consumable items was not a very good idea.

:yey:
Yeah but why did you choose to change the artist?
Will we EVER get a debug session for it?
Maybe getting gems along the game but you can't buy them? Or inventing a new helping system just for Steam?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Oh, Great Tatted One, which forum members shall be the next ship?

If you say nobody then I'll ship you and Pencil. :twisted:
BBB

by The_TaTs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:03 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:What are the ranks in the Linirean Army? (and Elven Army also for that matter)
How come you have Militias and then Footmen? in terms of ranking i would think both of them have the same rank.
Can you find a way to implement horror elements into Iron Marines? think maybe the first mission of XCOM Enemy Unknown.
Does Linirea have a navy?
In Iron Marines, are the humans seperated into different factions and wage war against each other, or do they unite into one big faction and just go for exploring the galaxy and advancing technology?
Also in Iron Marines are the humans living in more of a liberal lifestyle (the likes of which seen in sandbox space games, buy your ship, go be a pirate, mine asteroids etc.), or is it more similar to the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40k where its very strict?
Who's the king before Denas?

- I have absolutely no idea. It's a cartoonish army.
- Historically, militias are just civilians with some very basic military training, while footmen is the common denomination for melee professional soldiers.
- We can find a way, and some levels might have some of this elements. It will still remain a silly cartoonish game, though.
- Linirea DOES in fact has a navy, it's heavily mentioned in KR Frontiers.
- In Iron Marines, it's the second option. A big faction united after years of global conflict. The game starts as a rescue mission for the first interestelar colonial expedition that went missing.
- The society in Iron Marines is still recovering from almost blowing everything up. The government is loosely similar to Star Trek mythos. In fact, the Iron Marines are all volunteers that offered themselves to go rescue people, not to conquer.
- Why, that would be the famous Mr. King Denas Sr.

Finwer wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:

Highly unlikely.

:yey:
Yeah but why did you choose to change the artist?
Will we EVER get a debug session for it?
Maybe getting gems along the game but you can't buy them? Or inventing a new helping system just for Steam?

- Because the artist responsible for some of the extra art of KR in Steam was already engaged in other projects.
- I don't know kid, we can't do it now, and we don't know if we will be able to do it in the future.
- The gems are not a part of KRF in Steam, sorry. It was decided early on. By removing the gems and the gnome shop altogether, it sends a very clear message that there are no in-app purchases in the Steam version.

Big Bad Bug wrote:Oh, Great Tatted One, which forum members shall be the next ship?

If you say nobody then I'll ship you and Pencil. :twisted:

Oh no no no. You leave me out of this.

You lovely brats can go and do all the shipping you want but keep my already smudged name out of this.

(But I think Ninja and Chimto would be great :twisted: )
User

by magicmetal03 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Ninchimto(Nintendo)!

Anyways, do you believe in magic and horoscopes?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:17 pm

How do you always have the right thing to say?
BBB

by The_TaTs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:27 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:Ninchimto(Nintendo)!

Anyways, do you believe in magic and horoscopes?

Nope. The only superstition I believe in is the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g

Big Bad Bug wrote:How do you always have the right thing to say?

Please check my reply above. 8-)
User

PreviousNext