Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by Oof_Shunt » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Is IM gonna have upgrades/upgradeable hero abilities like in KR?

Is the IM delay causing for KR/Mystery Project X to be delayed? (Not that I'm mad I'm just wondering)

Why the cold never bothered me?

Do ALric like chocolate?

EDIT:
Also why do I wanna build a snowman?
User

by The Propellord » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Is iron marines still scheduled for late October (2016) or are we now looking at a 2017 release date for the mobile version?? :hero:
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by xstargaming » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:31 pm

I once read that the best time to release a game is during the fall, typically between September to November. From the studio's experiences, have you seen any correlation between the time of game release and its ensuing success?
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

According to Serebii, Pokemon GO has been released in Latin/South America. Has anyone gotten it?
And if so, have they chosen the best team?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Finwer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:00 pm

AerisDraco wrote:According to Serebii, Pokemon GO has been released in Latin/South America. Has anyone gotten it?

They already said on the stream they are playing Pokemon GO (Well, Tats and Pencil did at least). :hero:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:19 am

I didn't have WiFi, so I didn't see it.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The_TaTs » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:33 pm

magicmetal03 wrote:Do any heroes like chocolate?

Probably.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:I saw the tweet about Sha'tra in IM. So, did the studio get my suggestion, or is it already planned from the beginning?

Several fans suggested it, and someone payed attention. :)

Oof_Shunt wrote:Is IM gonna have upgrades/upgradeable hero abilities like in KR?

Is the IM delay causing for KR/Mystery Project X to be delayed? (Not that I'm mad I'm just wondering)

Why the cold never bothered me?

Do ALric like chocolate?

EDIT:
Also why do I wanna build a snowman?

Sorry mate, this is an "Ask the Studio" thread... It's impossible to know what YOU want to do.

IM is probably going to have Hero upgrades.

IM's delay is not causing delays in other projects, luckily we have 3 teams working separately. :)

Alric doesn't understand chocolate. He lives in a desert... so on the rare occasions he finds any chocolate, it's always soft and almost melted.

The Propellord wrote:Is iron marines still scheduled for late October (2016) or are we now looking at a 2017 release date for the mobile version?? :hero:

Iron Marines is now delayed for end of 2016 or early 2017, pending on some development goals we are still aiming to reach and on other games we'd have to compete with.

xstargaming wrote:I once read that the best time to release a game is during the fall, typically between September to November. From the studio's experiences, have you seen any correlation between the time of game release and its ensuing success?

There's definitely a correlation. But nothing is set on stone.
Witcher 3 was released right after the Steam Summer Sale... not a great time to release games because most people already spent money on special offers... but the game was still a major success because it was so good, and it had countless positive reviews.

But as a rule of thumb, timing is key when releasing a game.

AerisDraco wrote:According to Serebii, Pokemon GO has been released in Latin/South America. Has anyone gotten it?

A lot of us here in the studio are already playing. Not sure which one is the best team (I think that's up to each person)... but I choose Instinct because I love all the silliness happening around that team in the Internet. :)
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:01 pm

You missed this one, TaTs.
GeminiSparkSP wrote:If all the heroes in the KR games were to partake in a cooking competition, who would win, and what kind of food would they make?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:50 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:You missed this one, TaTs.
GeminiSparkSP wrote:If all the heroes in the KR games were to partake in a cooking competition, who would win, and what kind of food would they make?

Oh... my bad!

I have no idea, and, I have no idea.
But I can tell you that King Denas would definitely win the subsequent eating competition. XD
User

by Ninja » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:16 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
GeminiSparkSP wrote:You missed this one, TaTs.

Oh... my bad!

I have no idea, and, I have no idea.
But I can tell you that King Denas would definitely win the subsequent eating competition. XD

Really? You think King Denas can eat more than Ashbite? ;)
:hero:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:51 pm

TaTs you didnt answer mine :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:34 pm

So, what is Sha'tra's deal in IM? He was present in KRF, which is set in the middle ages (somewhat). How could he end up in the future? Cryosleep? Time travel? KR's world being a separate world from Earth and technology hasn't caught up yet? Or maybe it isn't really Sha'tra, but just a member of his species?
User

by SJBlood » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:45 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:So, what is Sha'tra's deal in IM? He was present in KRF, which is set in the middle ages (somewhat). How could he end up in the future? Cryosleep? Time travel? KR's world being a separate world from Earth and technology hasn't caught up yet? Or maybe it isn't really Sha'tra, but just a member of his species?

I think you're unnecessarily complicating this xD How about - IM happens in another part of the Galaxy, i.e. The planet of KR is in the middle ages-ish, while the planet(s?) of IM are very advanced. All Sha'tra needs is space travel, which he definitely has.
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by Lord of all evil » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Does Sha Tra in Iron Marines open the possibility for a crossover game in the future, or do you guys wish to avoid combining different games into an extended universe
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:33 am

What kind of things are considered when deciding the salary of employees at Ironhide?
BBB

by GeminiSparkSP » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:04 am

SJBlood wrote:I think you're unnecessarily complicating this xD How about - IM happens in another part of the Galaxy, i.e. The planet of KR is in the middle ages-ish, while the planet(s?) of IM are very advanced. All Sha'tra needs is space travel, which he definitely has.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:KR's world being a separate world from Earth and technology hasn't caught up yet?
User

by SJBlood » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:50 pm

GeminiSparkSP wrote:
SJBlood wrote:I think you're unnecessarily complicating this xD How about - IM happens in another part of the Galaxy, i.e. The planet of KR is in the middle ages-ish, while the planet(s?) of IM are very advanced. All Sha'tra needs is space travel, which he definitely has.

GeminiSparkSP wrote:KR's world being a separate world from Earth and technology hasn't caught up yet?

Sorry :oops:
Too bad you can't quote the look on my face.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:59 am

Didnt you say Gerald hates seeing civilians or animals getting hurt? so why would he be confused?
What is Alric's favorite food?
Why does Denas prefer to be carried around by a couple of militias instead of Imperial guards, Paladins, or Knights?
Can the Dwarves make artillery cannons that actually has the range of an artillery (you know....kilometer ranges)? (instead of just a range of around 50 feet)
Will the Dwarves switch to making direct fire low angle cannons (Anti tank guns like thereof)? (not mortar style cannons)
What is the Iron Marines font?
Has Alric ever been to Linirea?
Why Alric has no head protection but is considered to be wearing heavy armor?
Why Eridan has no head protection but is considered to be wearing medium armor?
How were the Heroes' lives before they became heroes?
User

by Oof_Shunt » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:11 pm

So does 'late October' mean around Christmastime or what...I'd rather know the actual time!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x

:) :) :)

:sheep:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:40 am

You guys haven't been active for a while....are you going to Gamescom?
User

PreviousNext