7%
Prairie Dog (Ground/Psychic)
11%
Pronghorn (Fighting/Steel)
15%

Total votes : 27

Re: Ironhide CAP Project

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 pm

I really don't understand what's so difficult about doing more than one thing at a time? I could list here now a dozen name suggestions for the grass starter, fire starter, come up with ideas for the rodent and bird, ideas for Pokemon further down the line, suggest moves to be learnt, new moves specific to the starters, abilities, etc. It doesn't have to be "we make one 100%, then another 100%, then another...". Just build them all up gradually but as a group. Otherwise we'll be working on this forever.
Yes it's me

by NastyBird339 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:39 pm

I personally agree with razor. Doing this the way where doing it currently will take far too long.
User

by NastyBird339 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Also, a dragonfly starting buy with the dragon type is op
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:01 pm

NastyBird339 wrote:Also, a dragonfly starting buy with the dragon type is op

Yes, which is why I said it needs an alternate form of evolution. Charjabug in Sun/Moon for instance only evolves into Vikavolt when levelled up in a specific place. That place is pretty much the last place you visit before the championship. It needs an evolution like that. It needs to have a first or second form that can maintain itself in battle before it reaches its final and proper form, which at that stage isn't OP.

Also I had a thought on the Grass/Electric cat idea. What if it was a Cheetah cub, Ground/Normal that evolved into a very fast Ground/Electric Cheetah?
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:21 pm

NastyBird339 wrote:Also, a dragonfly starting buy with the dragon type is op

Not necessarily.

Since the introduction of the fairy type, dragon really isn't the most dominant type anymore. We could give it mediocre stats and a mediocre ability if we wanted, but we already established that it will be a rather powerful pokemon that evolves very late in the game to balance it out.

Really I don't see why there can't be ice, Dragon and other rare or strong typings early on.

Anyway, some bird idea's:
Flying/ground ostrich or emu
Flying/fairy stork (with a baby theme)
Flying/dark magpie
Flying/water heron
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Anyway, some bird idea's:
Flying/dark magpie
Flying/water heron

The heron might be a bit too similar to Pelipper. The Magpie would be nice though, if it had Thief for instance, or an ability that let it pick up shiny items.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 pm

What if I made a secondary thread for details, i.e. movesets, abilities, etc. and leave this for conceptualization?

Also, the Dragonfly works perfectly, as it has no real cocoon form, just a nymph, so it could have a viable middle stage.

Anyway, my bird idea:
A two-stage bird, that starts as a Normal/Flying Tern and evolves into a pure Flying Albatross.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Magnus0 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:44 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:Anyway, some bird idea's:
Flying/dark magpie
Flying/water heron

The heron might be a bit too similar to Pelipper. The Magpie would be nice though, if it had Thief for instance, or an ability that let it pick up shiny items.

It could have pickup and pickpocket. Both perfectly suit it.
AerisDraco wrote:What if I made a secondary thread for details, i.e. movesets, abilities, etc. and leave this for conceptualization?

Also, the Dragonfly works perfectly, as it has no real cocoon form, just a nymph, so it could have a viable middle stage.

Anyway, my bird idea:
A two-stage bird, that starts as a Normal/Flying Tern and evolves into a pure Flying Albatross.

I wouln't mind a second thread. It would surely make organising things easier, because this thread is already becoming cluttered.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by ShaDowAn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Maybe A Bird That Has Two Evolution Paths Like Snorunt?

Like The First Form Is A Purple Tail And Greyish Body (Poison/Steel)

And The First Evolution Would Happen At A Cave Or When Beating A Poison Pokemon And It Becomes (Poison/Flying) Which Is Speedier But Weaker

Then The Second Evolution Would Happen On A Mountain Or When Fighting A Steel Pokemon After Beating The Steel Pokemon It Will Evolve To (Steel/Flying) And Is Slower But A Big Hitter And Tankier.

So You Kinda Have A Choice.

Sorry For Capitalizing Every Letter Its A Habit..

Hope You Like My Idea?

PS : To Evolve Them At A Place Give Them A Rare Candy And When Fighting A Pokemon It Has To Be Level 20 To Evolve, You Also Can Meet The Pokemon Only At Level 3-10
I go by Wintrytale or Wintry now.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:08 pm

ShaDowAn wrote:Sorry For Capitalizing Every Letter Its A Habit

A habit you are making every effort to drop I hope? Your post was hard to read since no body of text ever looks like that. Itwouldbelikeleavingoutspaces.

Anyway, your idea is sound, a split ego bird would be quite cool, but the evolution method for it wouldn't need to be so requiring since they're just basic birds (es, I know I sound like I'm contradicting myself but I still feel Dragon can be OP). Something like a Day/Night evolution would suffice, or Male/Female, or even based on unseen figures (personality value) like Wurmple, do you don't know what you get until it evolves.

If we stuck with a Magpie, then stick with the Corvidae family and the alternate form could be a Jay, Crow, Jackdaw or Treepie to name a few.

Had some basic concept ideas too:
Great White Shark
Sea Anemone
Hyena
Dung Beetle
Dreams
Nightmares
Chicken/Cockerel
Sphinx
Acorn/oak or Pinecone/pine
Origami
Bacteria
Virus
Dodo
Rainbow
Yes it's me

by ShaDowAn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Yeah, i will try my best to drop it ^^'.

Maybe steel bird is male restricted and poison bird is female? And like their abilities are conflicting each other?

Example : The steel birds ability would be that it heals from poison damage? (the status effect, and it heals a bit more than leftovers) while the poison bird deals double damage against steel types?

Also i really like the Sphinx and Nightmare ideas! (Even when nightmare kinda already is a thing.. Darkrai, same for dream with Cresselia if i remember the name right)
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:28 pm

RaZoR, opinion on a thread for the details?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Steel types can't be poisoned (not counting corrosive), and take no damage from poison attacks. Seems a bit complicated to make lots of changes to that.

Aeris- up to you, it doesn't make any difference to me I can do both in one post.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Done: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26451
I find it easier for organization.

As for other ideas:
Guardian - Ghost/Dragon or Ghost/Fairy (Has a unique "castable" Protect)
Blackout - Dark/Electric
Quake - Ground/Fighting or Rock/Fighting (Punches the ground to create quakes)
Shrew - Normal/Poison (For the mammal)

On the topic of world-building, would this game have a more traditional gym system, or something new like Alola?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:53 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Done: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26451
I find it easier for organization.

As for other ideas:
Guardian - Ghost/Dragon or Ghost/Fairy (Has a unique "castable" Protect)
Blackout - Dark/Electric
Quake - Ground/Fighting or Rock/Fighting (Punches the ground to create quakes)
Shrew - Normal/Poison (For the mammal)

On the topic of world-building, would this game have a more traditional gym system, or something new like Alola?

Gyms I think. I wasn't convinced by the whole "spot the difference" and "find these ingredients" as challenges.
Yes it's me

by ShaDowAn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Steel types can't be poisoned (not counting corrosive), and take no damage from poison attacks. Seems a bit complicated to make lots of changes to that.

Aeris- up to you, it doesn't make any difference to me I can do both in one post.

Oops, need to get my facts right. Havent played pokemon that much.. So maybe they deal double damage to the opposite type and thats it?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:19 pm

ShaDowAn wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:Steel types can't be poisoned (not counting corrosive), and take no damage from poison attacks. Seems a bit complicated to make lots of changes to that.

Oops, need to get my facts right. Havent played pokemon that much.. So maybe they deal double damage to the opposite type and thats it?

Pokemon types aren't as simple as having opposites.

Steel is:
Super Effective against rock, ice and fairy
Resists Damage from normal, flying, fairy, bug, rock, ice, steel, psychic, grass and dragon
Weak to fire, ground and fighting
Weak against water, steel, electric and fire
Immune to poison

Poison is:
Super Effective against fairy and grass
Resists damage from fighting, poison, bug, grass and fairy
Weak to ground and psychic
Weak against ghost, poison, rock and ground
Has no effect on Steel

There is no type that is only weak to one type and vice versa. Electric is only weak to ground, but has just as many resistances and ineffectiveness as any other type. Types are never black and white like the are in typical jrpgs.
Yes it's me

by ShaDowAn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:31 pm

By opposite i meant that the steel bird would deal double damage against poison types and the poison bird would be able to deal double damage to steel types and bypass the immunity. (God im really bad at explaining things.. :oops: )
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Gais
I med a map:
http://imgur.com/a/EhmJC (Of course, this is MS Paint, and I would much like if RaZoR made a good map)

So, the key:
Yellow - Starting Town
Blue - Town
Red - City
Green - Route
Light Green - Sea Route (Can be used as quick travel to/fro coastal locations)
Dark Green - Locked Routes

So, my idea was to have each version (which I believed we agreed on Kingdom/Frontiers) start in a different town, Southport and Lopah respectively.
But, what's interesting, is that the gyms are "paired". There are four in each region, but you'll need to complete all the gyms to access the E4 (Emberspike).
Each gym "pair" has similar levels, and each pair must be beaten before the next can be accessed. The pairs are:
Normal-Ground (Lozagon and Hammerhold)
Fairy-Dragon (Silveroak and a random location near the Gates of Nazeru)
Steel-Poison (The Capitol and Ma'qwa Urqu)
Flying-Ghost (Stormcloud and Bonesburg)
{Fly, or something similar, would be accessible fairly early on}
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Magnus0 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 pm

ShaDowAn wrote:Yeah, i will try my best to drop it ^^'.

Maybe steel bird is male restricted and poison bird is female? And like their abilities are conflicting each other?

Example : The steel birds ability would be that it heals from poison damage? (the status effect, and it heals a bit more than leftovers) while the poison bird deals double damage against steel types?

Also i really like the Sphinx and Nightmare ideas! (Even when nightmare kinda already is a thing.. Darkrai, same for dream with Cresselia if i remember the name right)

Those abilities sound cool, but they wouldn't work for the birds you described. Poisen heal is already a thing, but it wouldn't work on either bird because steel and poison types are immune to being poisened.
The other ability also wouldn't work well, since a poison steel type has a bad matchup against steel types anyway. I think that merciless or corrosion would work better because they affect more pokemon.

Edit: nevermind. I just read your second post about bypassing the immunity.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

PreviousNext