Forum Rules - UPDATED

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Forum Rules - UPDATED

by Juice Box » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I said that there would be exceptions. Did nobody read the entire post?

The "exceptions" bit cancels out what Razieltnt said, but not what I said. The Chronicles part of my post was only an example, not a basis.
User

by razieltnt » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I said that there would be exceptions. Did nobody read the entire post?

The "exceptions" bit cancels out what Razieltnt said

Not really as I said - i saw many topics like that. This means MANY exceptions and thus makes this rule not needed as majority , if not all , would be exceptions.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by The_TaTs » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I have a suggestion for something new to include in the rules:

No posting partially-finished threads. Drafts can be saved, and cluttering the forums with threads that can't be fully replied to is spam. (Exceptions could be fanfictions, games, etc. so long as they're still coherent and can be responded to.)

:)

The problem I see with this, is that it adds a certain amount of censorship that I'm not that sure it's healthy. I don't see all that many new posts opened every day.

The only Forum section that I think has a lot of nonsense in it is "Off Topic". But even there, new Threads are open once every two or three days.
User

by Juice Box » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Ninja wrote:
Juice Box wrote:Agree. It's a new member, and you can assume that new members haven't read the rules yet, or don't understand how the Forums work. If they make a mistake, then it should be our job to correct them, not chastise them.

Well, one of the rules was that not knowing them is unacceptable. :P But OK, you win.

I think Ninja raised a ^^valid point in what he said up there. Not knowing the rules is not an excuse, yes, but I think there should be an exception to new members. Since they're new and don't really know how the Forums work yet, it should be assumed that they haven't read the rules. We should maybe take that into consideration so that we don't end up picking fights with newbies.
User

by Ninja » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 pm

How about if they're automatically sent a PM that contains the rules upon entering the Forums for the first time? :)
:hero:
User

by The_TaTs » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Not knowing the Rules is never an excuse for not complying. Entering a Forum for the first time usually entails learning the rules and introducing yourself.

I will think about this for a bit. But in the meantime, we can always gently point out the rules to newcomers without being mean. That's just common sense.
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Friendly Heads Up:
On March 14th this Thread will be moved from the "Kingdom Rush" subforum to a new one, the new location will be:

Board index < Ironhide General < General Discussions.
User

by nova_n » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:05 am

Ive read this before, but after reading it today out of boredom, and rally contemplating, those rules really do make ALOT of sense. Not too strict, not too leniant.

BTW, is the TATS multiple people or 1 person. Im guessing TATS are multiple people, since the name ends in an S, and has an abomanation as a user pic(in the game, its a miz of corpes, probably here, its representative of the different personalites on that account)
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Ninja » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 am

nova_n wrote:BTW, is the TATS multiple people or 1 person. Im guessing TATS are multiple people, since the name ends in an S, and has an abomanation as a user pic(in the game, its a miz of corpes, probably here, its representative of the different personalites on that account)

TaTs is just one person. His username is just a nickname that stuck from a long time ago. :)
User

by The_Destroyer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:25 am

MMMmmm.... For the first time I AM ACTUALLY seeing a forum with RULES !!!! :o :o :shock: :shock: ...... Most of the forums that I visit are all shaggy and mischievous .. m ... y' know , but really , the atmosphere here seems quite serious !! I mean , I just bumped THREE threads and they all got locked ......

But y' all will hv to bear with me for a few days y' know , ...... coz I am not quite accustomed to this , but I assure u all I won't actually cause trouble for anyone !!!! :D ;) :hero: :sheep:
User

by Ninja » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:42 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:MMMmmm.... For the first time I AM ACTUALLY seeing a forum with RULES !!!! :o :o :shock: :shock: ...... Most of the forums that I visit are all shaggy and mischievous .. m ... y' know , but really , the atmosphere here seems quite serious !! I mean , I just bumped THREE threads and they all got locked ......

But y' all will hv to bear with me for a few days y' know , ...... coz I am not quite accustomed to this , but I assure u all I won't actually cause trouble for anyone !!!! :D ;) :hero: :sheep:

Yep, we like to keep our forums orderly so that they are an enjoyable and usable environment for everyone. :hero:

That’s fine! Just try to follow the rule as best you can while you’re figuring them out. :)
User

Previous