7%
Prairie Dog (Ground/Psychic)
11%
Pronghorn (Fighting/Steel)
15%

Total votes : 27

Re: Ironhide CAP Project

by AerisDraco » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:15 pm

In terms of people not wanting "Route X", we could do something like X and Y, where each route has a numerical designation and an actual name.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by AerisDraco » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 pm

We could split the pokedex, as Gens 6/7 have done, into distinct areas. I recommend 6, 3 for each game, with the 6 being Plains (including Forest), Mountains (above ground mostly), Wastes, Desert, Jungle, and Caves.

Also, how about we suggest until we get 10 pkmn for an area, and then vote for 3 to proceed on?

As for my suggestions:
Plains:
-Fairy/Ground Hobbit?
-Normal/Poison Shrew
Mountains:
-Electric Storm pokemon, becomes a snowstorm or thunderstorm, gaining Ice or Water type
-Ice/Normal fox
Wastes:
-Dark/Fire demon (Surprising, I know)
Desert:
-Ground-Fighting (Causes quakes by punching)
Jungle:
-Thunder Monk (Fighting/Electric)
-Alien (Poison/Psychic)
Caves:
-Knight (Fire/Steel)
-Crystal Dragon (Dragon/Psychic or Dragon/Ice)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Magnus0 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:02 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:A mix would be better, having a straight up Kangaroo in the open fields and farms seems a bit odd.

I think we're moving a little slow, so I have a suggestion. There are multiple biomes on the map, so everyone just comes up with one idea for each biome. Be it just a concept, or a type combination or a semi-formed idea. Then we have a whole bundle of ideas to work with.

Biomes:
Fields (Pagras)
Forest (Silveroak)
Urban (Inner City)
Ice Mountain (Stormcloud)
Wasteland/Volcanic (Wastes)
Haunted (Rotwick)
Desert (Hammerhold)
Beach (Port Tortuga)
Jungle (Lost Jungle)
Cave (Darklight Depths)

So, for the fields we have: the starters, a normal type dog that later evolves into a hyena, a bug/dragon dragonfly and a normal/flying secretary bird that evolves into either a poison/flying or a steel/flying type.

For the forest we have nothing yet, at least nothing that's decided. I have two new concepts for the forest. I can leave more details on the details thread if you want.

1. A poison type spider that evolves into a poison/dark type spider. It has a new ability called 'web trap' that traps an opponent when the spider uses any sort of webbing move. Webbing moves include: string shot, electroweb, sticky web, spider web and a signature move called 'venom trap'. When the spider uses venom trap, he webs his opponent and quickly injects it with its venomous teeth. This poisons the opponent, but after two turns, it changes into the paralyze status.

2. A ground/grass type squirrel. It is a fast pokemon with fairly good defenses, but with abysmal offensive stats. It can have Pickup, Cheeck pouch and Fur Coat as abilities. It could be the pikachu clone of the game.

For the urban area, we also have nothing yet. We can put the magpie here maybe...

For the ice mountain we should do Aeris' electric storm pokemon. Is it a split evolution or does it change type depending on the weather condition, like Castform? The normal/ice fox seems a bit too similar to Gracolar though. We can put the ice/bug moth here too.

For the wastes, I have one concept. A fire/rock magma elemental (similar to the ones in KR). It would have water absorb or water compaction, because it's so hot that water evaporates instantly when it comes near the elemental.

For the haunted area we have nothing yet. Obviously there should be some ghost and dark pokemon here.

For the desert I have some ideas. a bug/water ant, based on ants that store water in their homes. I don't know the exact species, but it's a thing. A pure ground type snake. A pure ground type scorpion (could be ground/poison too). We can put the ground/flying ostrich here. Aeris, what kind of creature would your ground/fighting type be?

For the beach we have nothing, but the pure flying albatross would fit here. Give it gale wings and some decent stats, and it would be a nice mid/late game powerful flying type for those who don't like the early birds.

For the jungle, we can buff the grass/electric cat concept up to more threatening jaguar.

I really like Aeris' crystal dragon idea. I think it would be a great concept for a pseudo legendary.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:22 am

Plains
Bug/Dark - Black Widow Spider
Normal - Sheep

Mountain
Ice/Fighting - Yeti (uses giant icicles as clubs)
Ground/Fairy - Dwarf/Colbynau

Wastes
Rock/Ghost - Gravestone
Poison/Fire - Explosive mushroom

Desert
Ground - Dust devil
Bug/??? - Hermit Crab (2nd stage, has a different second type based on the place it is levelled up (Rock for wastes, poison for jungle, etc. Shell is different))

Jungle
Rock/Psychic - Totem pole
Grass - Sundew plant

Cave
Ghost/Flying - Bat
Fire - Lava sprite/thing

Oh, and I had an idea for the Dragonfly. I'll do Lineart and colours for it later and upload it.
Yes it's me

by Magnus0 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:52 pm

So, once we have four or five concepts per biome we're going to do a poll, right?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Magnus0 wrote:So, once we have four or five concepts per biome we're going to do a poll, right?

8 or 10, and allow multiple votes. Top 3 or 4 go through
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:21 pm

@Magnus:
-The storm is a split evolution. Not sure whether it should be based on level up with whether or a stone evolution tho.
-I'm not sure what the Ground/Fighting would look like, though certainly more on the humanoid side.
-For the Crystal Dragon, it would be cool if the Knight was in the same place so it's kinda of like a war between dragons and knights.

@RaZoR:
I really like the hermit crab, but, in turn, I don't like the Yeti since the other Ice/Fighting type, Crabominable, is based off the same thing.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:25 pm

AerisDraco wrote:@Magnus:
-The storm is a split evolution. Not sure whether it should be based on level up with whether or a stone evolution tho.
-I'm not sure what the Ground/Fighting would look like, though certainly more on the humanoid side.
-For the Crystal Dragon, it would be cool if the Knight was in the same place so it's kinda of like a war between dragons and knights.

@RaZoR:
I really like the hermit crab, but, in turn, I don't like the Yeti since the other Ice/Fighting type, Crabominable, is based off the same thing.

If you showed Crabominable to someone, without a name as context, and asked "what ks that based on", I don't think a yeti would be the first guess.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Fair enough.

Sum of ideas:
Plains + Forest: 6
Mountains: 5
Wastes: 4
Desert + Beach: 8
Jungle: 5
Caves: 4
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Magnus0 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Uhm yeah... Bump.

Aeris, the ground/fighting could be an anubus maybe.

Some more concepts:
- urban area: ground/normal chicken. Since the game takes place in a medieval setting, having some farming animals in town makes sense.

- beach: water/ground sea turtle. Pure water penguin.

- wastes: bug/ghost or bug/dark mantis reaper.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by NastyBird339 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Aeris, the ground/fighting could be an anubus maybe

If your referring to Egyptian god then that makes no sense, because Anubis is the god of death. If your referring to something else, a little info wat it is will be appreciated.
User

by Magnus0 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:22 pm

NastyBird339 wrote:

If your referring to Egyptian god then that makes no sense, because Anubis is the god of death. If your referring to something else, a little info wat it is will be appreciated.

I was talking about the classic depiction of a humanoid body with a canine head. I'm pretty sure that is the same way the god Anubis is depicted.

But I don't really see why an Egyptian god can't be a pokemon...
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Well, with that, we have 10 Desert/Beach ideas.
I'll update the poll soon.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 pm

(personally ghost/ground or ghost/fighting would be a great anubis concept, the latter is a unique and interesting typing, whereas the former would detract from any comparisons to Lucario.)
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:09 am

What would happen if I trolled your poll at the tiebreaker vote if that situation came about? :P
:hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:21 am

Ninja wrote:What would happen if I trolled your poll at the tiebreaker vote if that situation came about? :P

We'd just use the extra idea.
Yes it's me

by NastyBird339 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Magnus0 wrote:
NastyBird339 wrote:

I was talking about the classic depiction of a humanoid body with a canine head. I'm pretty sure that is the same way the god Anubis is depicted.

But I don't really see why an Egyptian god can't be a pokemon...
i mean the typing would more likely be ghost/ground or ground/dark not ground/fighting but whatever
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Okay so it looks like the poll has stalled on votes and we have four options to work with:

Scorpion (Ground/Poison)
Snake (Ground)
Albatross (Flying)
Hermit Crab (Bug)

We can always reuse the other ideas later if we need to.

My idea for the Hermit crab was based on Burmy and Wormadam. The first form would be the Hermit crab without it's shell. Very soft and basic, not particularly strong. Then you level it up and evolve it in a certain area (the six we decided on) and it's shell is made up of, or something from that biome.

Plains - Grass type, bundles of leaves, branches and flowers
Mountains - Ice type, a shell carved out of ice with snow on it.
Wastes - Fire type, shell made of hardened lava with veins of still molten stuff glowing through.
Desert - Ground type, a ball of tumbleweed?
Jungle - Poison type, maybe a hollowed out parasyte egg?
Caves - Rock type, a rocky shell with crystals on it. Maybe Psychic instead?
Ocean - If you're out surfing on an entirely water route, then Water type, traditional shell with an anonome on top.

It could have a move called "Shell Shock" that changes its type based on its shell (rather than giving them six different level up moves".

I see the snake as being very fast with lots of priority attacks, but not much in terms of defence.

Scorpion, small pincers big stinger. Not great at attacking but good defences and lots of poison or paralysis attacks.

Albatross, attack attack attack.
Yes it's me

by Minuet » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Honestly I just voted for the Albatross cause I really like the idea of a pure flying-type.

Also, for what Razor said right above, if it levels up in a city like Linirea or Lozagon would it just default to Plains or whichever biome is closest?
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by AerisDraco » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Here's a very rough map of my headcanon for the areas:
http://imgur.com/a/3NuVx

We need more ideas btw:
Trickster Fairy: Fire/Fairy or Dark/Fairy (Wastes)
Stegosaur: Rock/Electric (Caves)
Velociraptor: Rock/Poison (Caves)
Shapeshifter: Poison/Steel (Jungle; Alien) {Gets Imposter}

So, for the total amount of pkmn we want, I was thinking about 125 pokemon. Less than Kanto and Unova, but much more than Kalos and Alola.
18 in each area
9 starter
3 main legend trio
3 mythical
2 other legends
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

PreviousNext