The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Taurmega » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:35 pm

'Ello, fellow defending chums!
I go by the name of Taurmega. Ya might recognise me from certain places (like my DeviantArt, or my YouTubian account), although I've *just* joined up this here forum today.
Guess I should explain how I got into Kingdom Rush, too. Well, I got Frontiers one day on my Mobile Device without even knowing what it really was (did that with a lot of games, lel), and I didn't play it until Summer, two or so years ago. And I was pretty much hooked on it, haha. Great one to start off with, I'd say. I got the original one afterwards, which I also liked a lot (although not to the same extent as Frontiers). Origins *just* so happened to be announced right after I finished the first KR, so I was hyped beyond reason. Got the game and enjoyed it probably the most out of the bunch, although it felt somewhat easy (probably because of my experience with the two previous games, haha.)

Anyways, that's pretty much my story! Hope to be a part of a community of a series I happen to love.
Image
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Probably within the Spejust H.Q.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Ninja » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Welcome to the forums! :D

As for your ease in defeating Origins, I'm pretty sure that almost all of us have experienced that. It's just an easier game. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Taurmega » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks! And yep, they certainly had a lot of mercy with Origins, I think. As easy as it is, I find it surprisingly fun to just play.
Then again, Origins is (as of now) the only one without Abominations, so it's automatically infinitely easier and more enjoyable for me, har.
Image
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Probably within the Spejust H.Q.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by The Kingmaker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 am

It's funny because Origins (my faveourite game - elves <3 ) has some of the trickier enemies at least on power, with basically all of them after grimmsburg or rockhenge having an ability and a usable key stat, however this generally leads to them just killing all barracks in sight and being defenceless to the towers, which isn't fun because it makes it feel like the barracks aren't pulling their weight. It's one of the key features I've been trying to correct in an MC I've been making (without progress in about half a year now)

Welcome nonetheless! I was also introduced to Origins directly after finishing frontiers for a second time on my iPod. Don't let any of these green-titled mods tell you otherwise - I'm the most attractive and smart person on the forums and you'll want to spend your time basking in my greatness. .
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Taurmega » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Ha! Hilarious. The people here are awesome. :hero:

Out of curiosity, what is an "MC"? Sounds interesting.
Image
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Probably within the Spejust H.Q.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by FastAndBlast » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Welcome to the forums!!
I actually started off with the first KR and moved down the series :)
Frontiers was by far my favourite game out of the three 8-)
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:28 am
Location: At a secret HQ, preparing to take over the world

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Minuet » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:51 am

Taurmega wrote:Out of curiosity, what is an "MC"? Sounds interesting.


Weelllcommeee.

An MC is a mini-campaign, so Rising Tides or Shadowmoon and stuff like that.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:47 pm
Location: Always nearby.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:47 am

Welcome to the forums, as you can see, we are going through some difficult times, so any more people we get here is always awesome :)
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Location: Inside a Main Battle Tank

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Taurmega » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:32 am

FeedDaKingdom wrote:as you can see, we are going through some difficult times


Oh? Sorry to hear that. And what exactly are these difficult times? General dedness?
Image
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Probably within the Spejust H.Q.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah, and the fact our CM is no longer in service
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Location: Inside a Main Battle Tank

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by The Kingmaker » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Essentially without a new game release activity has trickled down a small way, especially with a few of the older members saying goodbye for a while, including recently the Community Manager announcing that he had been fired (but amicably?) from the company, leaving us a bit in the dark as to updates and the future of the games.

This is why it's so good to see new faces! :D hopefully you get used to the weird and quirky humour some of us have and it'll be great to have your contributions.

Recent stuff:
We've just finished beta testing Kingdom Rush Frontier's release on Steam, meaning that two games are now fully out there, which is good for widening horizons.
We've been getting steady news about the upcoming game Iron Marines, and although some stuff has changed and moved back and whatnot, were hoping to have a beta some point soon for a release some point next year. It will also be released on steam because the Devs have stated multiple platforms is a key target for them.
There are also projects further in the future: Hopefully, Origins may get a Steam port with the success and relative ease Frontiers has had there, completing the Kingdom Rush trifecta. There are two other games being worked (I use that tentatively as they'll probably be years in the future) on, which are (I think) Kingdom Rush 4, and super secret mystery project X, which we know nothing about.

Finally, the Off-topic and Fan-fiction subforums are probably the most fun, and I hope you'll contribute there. Off topic can sometimes be a bottomless pit of RP, but it's great, while Fan Fiction is where we dump our own ideas for the game and critique and improve others. Myself and other members haven't done much recently, but I'd like to. We make our own heroes, levels, campaigns etc, which varying results. You can currently vote on a campaign contest and there's also a community campaign we're voting on curated by the Big Bad Bug himself.

I hope you enjoy your time here! (Sorry for the wall of text)
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by FeedDaKingdom » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Join our discord, its where most of the stuff happens
theres a forum thread in off topic where a permanent invite code is posted
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Location: Inside a Main Battle Tank

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:52 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Join our discord, its where most of the stuff happens
theres a forum thread in off topic where a permanent invite code is posted


Please don't say the forum is going through difficult times then suggest people go to the one thing that drew half the members away from the forum in the first place.
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/RazorRush.gif
Kingdom Rush: ChroniclesMy HeroesKingdom Rush Wiki
KR: ContestsIM: Contests
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by PitNata » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Oh, Welcome to the Forums Taurmega :D

I hope you will be likely joined here to debate :3
RaZoR LeAf wrote:
FeedDaKingdom wrote:Join our discord, its where most of the stuff happens
theres a forum thread in off topic where a permanent invite code is posted


Please don't say the forum is going through difficult times then suggest people go to the one thing that drew half the members away from the forum in the first place.


Wow, that's a lot. I think Discord is a void-in-between IronHide Site.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Afganistan, Kabul

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Manijure » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Haven't posted in this thread for ages. Welcome to the glorious forums of Ironhide, Taurmega!

Yeah, forum activity has died down, partly because of the Discord server I'm running, but you've come at the right time. With Iron Marines coming up very soon, in addition to KR 4 and a secret project well on its way, the forums will become more vibrant as ever.

Also, my plan in winter break is to continue my Origins novelization (you can find it in Fan Fiction), so that should entice more of the regulars back into the forum.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Taurmega » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:40 pm

PitNata wrote:Oh, Welcome to the Forums Taurmega :D

I hope you will be likely joined here to debate :3


Daw, thanks!
Actually, the main reason I joined here was to actually discuss aspects of KR I liked a lot, as well as aspects I hate with a passion (don't worry, the former vastly outweighs the latter ;P), but I'll prolly check out the other bits 'n bobs recommended to me here as well.
As a matter of fact, I've been writing up my first "thing". About Heroes I've found rather underwhelming. Been going great! I just hope I won't make a monkey outta myself or something silly in the process. ;P
Image
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Probably within the Spejust H.Q.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by The Kingmaker » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:09 pm

Psssr. Whatever you say about underpowered heroes, we'll probably agree.

The Great Rebalancing is top on our list of Miracle/Second Coming of Jesus level events, just ahead of a coherent, long and strategic Dragon Throne MIni Campaign

Saying that we've done it's of both of those here before but it'd be great hear fresh opinions
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."
Image

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Location: A stage (but all the world's a stage)

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:04 pm

Sorry to be late, but it's an honor to meet you, Taurmega!

I'm trying to keep forum activity up with some threads like The Burning Skies Mini Campaign, Fanfic Hero vs Hero, and User Heroes. You're welcome to vote and submit your ideas there, or for the last one, request a hero concept. With winter break starting and Christmas shopping getting wrapped up, I've got the time needed to devote my attention here. I look forward to all the posts you have to make, especially seeing your incredibly optimistic and fun personality. :mrgreen:
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by Taurmega » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Sorry to be late, but it's an honor to meet you, Taurmega!

I'm trying to keep forum activity up with some threads like The Burning Skies Mini Campaign, Fanfic Hero vs Hero, and User Heroes. You're welcome to vote and submit your ideas there, or for the last one, request a hero concept. With winter break starting and Christmas shopping getting wrapped up, I've got the time needed to devote my attention here. I look forward to all the posts you have to make, especially seeing your incredibly optimistic and fun personality. :mrgreen:


Ooh, sounds very interesting as well as fun. Will certainly be checking that out!
And... wow, that honestly means a lot! Wouldn't think anyone would ever say that, heh.
Image
"Lemme disable your Archmage real quick."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Probably within the Spejust H.Q.

Re: The All New "Introduce Yourself" Thread!!

by magicmetal03 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Taurmega wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Sorry to be late, but it's an honor to meet you, Taurmega!

I'm trying to keep forum activity up with some threads like The Burning Skies Mini Campaign, Fanfic Hero vs Hero, and User Heroes. You're welcome to vote and submit your ideas there, or for the last one, request a hero concept. With winter break starting and Christmas shopping getting wrapped up, I've got the time needed to devote my attention here. I look forward to all the posts you have to make, especially seeing your incredibly optimistic and fun personality. :mrgreen:


Ooh, sounds very interesting as well as fun. Will certainly be checking that out!
And... wow, that honestly means a lot! Wouldn't think anyone would ever say that, heh.


Haha, don't be so modest!

Oh, and I'm MagicMetal, Magic, or Maggie(I'm a male; long story for this name), for short. I'm probably the only non-die hard fan here. And um.... Yeah.
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil
Image

Mostly ded.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: In your brain.

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron