The Community improves heroes.

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: The Community improves heroes.

by The Kingmaker » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:41 pm

A small bump to remind the community and myself that this thread exists, please feel free to tell me if I have omitted any posts from the OP, and if anyone knows how to link pages to pre-existing text please tell me so each of the heroes can be linked directly from the OP

I also announce that I'm back, and I'm going to adapt someone like Arivan next, but only after I've revamped The Oddities
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Yes! Time to vent our dislike of hero imperfections once more! :hero:
BBB

by magicmetal03 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:10 pm

I've been waiting for more critism and fix.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Minuet » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:38 am

Well, I might as well do something.

Reverent Dierdre
The main goal here is to make her more focused, as she is she's too scrambled on either being a tank or being a supportive hero, already making her weak, plus the lack of damage just worsens her overall usage. So I'll be trying to make her more of a functional DPS/Support, taking away a lot of her tankiness but instead granting some damage. Currently she functions best with at least two barracks towers, which isn't a very optimal setup, so I'll be trying to make her even more reliant on barracks, while functioning best with just one group of three soldiers.

HP: 360 -> 410 (+20 HP per level increased to +25)
All other stats remain the same.

Note: All abilities referencing 'allies', 'soldiers' and the like are effective on barracks troops and reinforcements, just fyi.

Holy Light -> Repentance (3/3/3) (Cooldown: 6 seconds)
Launches an orb of light that deals 40/60/80 true damage to up to 1/2/3 enemies (bouncing from the first to the second, and so forth), Dierdre and 1/2/3 nearby allies are then healed for an equal amount.

Similar to the Holy Light we already have, but she can no longer resurrect fallen allies, instead having a slightly more reliable damaging function while healing at the same time, now healing herself as well to help make up for the large loss of HP.

Consecrate -> Consecrate (2/2/3) (Cooldown: 8 seconds)
Grants a tower (including barracks) a bonus of 15%/20%/25% damage for 4/8/12 seconds. Dierdre also gains 10% of that tower’s DPS added to her attack damage for the duration, it stacks when two towers are buffed at once.
i.e. tower with 60 DPS, Dierdre’s damage goes from 11-32 to 17-38, she buffs another of the same tower, bringing it up to 23-42 until the buff wears off.

Already a fairly solid ability so no changes on that, instead granting Dierdre some much-needed damage.

Wings Of Light -> Godspeed (3/1/1) (Cooldown: 10s)
Dierdre can teleport when moving to allies, in addition, she also increases the attack speed of soldiers in the zone she moves to by 50/75/100% for 5 seconds when teleporting. The teleport is not affected by the cooldown. Her cloak glows a light blue colour when the ability is ready.

The whole ability just felt bland, teleporting to allies specifically helps her move between far-away barracks and can make the player be more strategic in their placement of reinforcements to give her an anchor to teleport to if so needed.

Blessed Armour -> Holy Congregation (2/2/2) (Cooldown: 25 seconds.)
Links herself and 1/2/3 nearby allies, evenly spreading out damage taken between the group and reducing all incoming damage by 30/40/50% (before resistances) for 10/15/20 seconds. If she moves too far away it ends.

Another skill to solidify her reliance on Barracks, and also make up for the loss of the armour on Wings of Light, instead making Dierdre's healing that much stronger as she can heal her allies at a much more balanced rate while this ability is in effect, hopefully preventing one soldier getting quickly bursted down by ranged enemies before Dierdre can do anything about it.

Divine Health -> Divine Glow (1/1/1) (Passive)
When Dierdre or a nearby ally reaches critical health (<40%), they receive a buff that increases all incoming healing and passive regeneration by 20/30/40% for 6/8/10 seconds.

Again, ew stat passives, this is, again, meant to help pad out the loss of stats on Reverent Dierdre, and increases the survival chance of both her and her faithful so she won't need the resurrection.

First time trying this, please give me your harshest criticism! :D
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:17 am

This is conceptually Dierdre mixed with Lilith, and it ends up being really cool. She's a lot more aggressive now, but maintains a supportive role without being a pushover like she was before.

Godspeed is a cool change but unfortunately not possible. The devs mentioned multiple times (a long time ago so I don't blame you for not knowing this) that a x2 speed function wouldn't work for the games because of the sprites and animations. So, unless they're designed from the start to be able to have faster animations (like Bladesingers), that idea isn't feasible. What about some kind of holy counter, that causes enemies that attack the buffed soldiers to be teleported back, keeping in spirit of buffing troops while also having even more teleportation? :twisted:
BBB

by Minuet » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:30 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Godspeed is a cool change but unfortunately not possible. The devs mentioned multiple times (a long time ago so I don't blame you for not knowing this) that a x2 speed function wouldn't work for the games because of the sprites and animations. So, unless they're designed from the start to be able to have faster animations (like Bladesingers), that idea isn't feasible. What about some kind of holy counter, that causes enemies that attack the buffed soldiers to be teleported back, keeping in spirit of buffing troops while also having even more teleportation? :twisted:

I think I read that once actually, but I don't remember so whatever. :P
Now that I look at it more, it ends up just being a glorified damage boost that doubles the chances of Sneak Attack and Arterial Strike, which is... meh, I guess.

The teleportation idea is cool, but it may end up putting ranged enemies back into their prime position to wreak havoc on the troops, if the player managed to get them into melee in the first place. Maybe teleporting them back and preventing them from attacking for a while? That may be a bit overloaded for one ability that already has two functions, though... I'll just leave it for now until a solution can be found.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:45 am

What about a short stun chance? :)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:58 am

A stun and/or a small amount of damage at the area she teleports to and from would be useful and fitting, however she would probably need a five second or so teleport cooldown so she can constantly stun a group of enemies by moving just far enough to teleport, multiple times.

The rest of the powers of good and remarkably different despite minor changes.

My treasured creations:
User

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Okay, I'm no master of balancing heroes or anything (far from it, actually...) but I'll try my hand at Lilith seeing as how many people seem to think that she is UP.
All stats are listed at max level.
Name: Infernal Reaper Lilith
Appearance: Lilith looks the same as she currently does with a few small tweaks that I personally think would make her design that much cooler. Infernal Reaper Lilith now has larger wings and a scythe that's more like this version of Lilith's scythe: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomrushtd/images/1/1b/AHIB_Concept_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150327210424
HP: 420
Regeneration: 42
Damage: 22 - 33 (medium attack speed.)
Ranged damage: 15-21 (has a 40% chance to do true damage, slow attack speed.)
Armor: Medium
Re-spawn: 18 seconds
Skills:
Reapers Harvest: (active) (3/3/3 hero points) Lilith deals 140 / 240 / 340 true damage to an enemy with a 15% / 25% / 35% percent chance to perform an insta-kill. When Lilith uses this attack she teleports to the one enemy with the most health out of all the enemies that are near her, stunning the enemy that she was fighting prior to using this ability, provided that she was in fact fighting another enemy and this enemy was not the one with the most health. The enemy that she teleports away from in order to attack gets stunned for about 1.2 seconds which is also as long as the attack takes to complete. She teleports in a flash of golden light and when she reaches the enemy she slashes at it immediately.
Soul Eater: (passive) (2/2/2 hero points) Lilith feasts on the soul of a nearby fallen enemy, receiving a damage enhancement of 75% for 4 / 6 / 8 seconds. Her attacks now have a 25% / 30% / 35% chance to deal true damage within this time frame. If she absorbs the soul of an enemy with 500 health or more she gains high armor during the time that her damage boost is in effect.
Infernal Wheel (active) (4/4/4 hero points) Lilith creates a ring of fire in front of her that lasts for 4 / 6 / 8 seconds, dealing 10 / 20 / 30 true damage per second to all enemies caught with it. If an enemy dies in the ring of fire, it lasts for 1 more second.
Resurrection: (passive) (1/1/1 hero points) Lilith has a 30% chance to revive immediately upon death with no abilities or regeneration. When she is in this state she does not have her scythe and is made entirely out of golden light. If she stays like this for 15 seconds without being killed, she then becomes normal Lilith again but with the amount of health that she had when she was a ghost and double her normal regeneration for 6 seconds.
Heavenly Chaos (hero spell): (active) (4/4/4 hero points) Heavenly Chaos takes 30 seconds to recharge. Lilith calls down a rain of 6 / 7 / 8 fireballs from the sky that land on the ground and deal 950 / 1060 / 1170 magic damage distributed among the enemies caught with the blast. Where each fireball landed, a fallen angel has a 50% chance to emerge with 280 HP. They have medium armor, last for 5 / 6 / 7 seconds and have no magic resistance. They also heal as fast as Lilith and deal 15 - 30 damage on each hit. Lastly, they have medium attack speed and on each hit have a 40% chance to do area damage.
What do you guys think? :)
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by tmn loveblue » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:32 pm

I want to reply to you, Ruby Hex, but my time is limited and I wish to post one of my own idea first. Let's wait for someone to respond to both of us.

Silent Blade Mirage

Stats unchanged, except for range and movement speed, which now gain the bonus of Precision and Swiftness, respectively, from the start.

* New passive: Silent Blade

Mirage becomes invisible after 3 seconds of not attacking. She can move without breaking the invisibility. The first attack from invisibility deals triple True Damage and reveals her.

Mirage's ranged and melee attacks has 30% chance to apply Silent Blade's altered damage.

* Precision (altered)

Improves Mirage's critical chance to 40/50/60%.

* Shadow Dodge (altered)

Mirage has 50/60/70% dodge chance, leaving a shadow behind for 1/1.5/2 seconds.

Dodge will now trigger against ranged attacks, but not area attacks. Shadows can use ranged attack, but deal no damage. Mirage temporarily gains 10/20/30% more range after successfully dodging an attack, a buff that lasts 4 seconds.

* Shadow Dance (slightly changed) [7 seconds]

Mirage sends forth 2/3/4 shadows to attack enemies, dealing 40 True Damage each.

Shadows from Shadow Dance remains for 1 second to block and fight enemies.

* Lethal Strike (cooldown unchanged)

Mirage backstabs an enemy, dealing 120/240/360 True Damage with 30% chance of insta-kill.

* Steel Storm (replace Swiftness) [15 seconds]

Mirage spins 3 daggers around herself, dealing 80/160/240 area True Damage.

Steel Storm can be used at any instance when Mirage is close to an enemy, even when she is moving, or during that short teleportation of Lethal Strike.

Tactics

I apply several changes to Mirage so as to amplify her burst damage, what should be among her strongest assets as an Assassin. In my opinion, Mirage is severely lacking in damage as she is right now. She should be specialized in kiting, constantly hurting enemies with throwing knives, and provide some "shock damage" to take out more troublesome foes. However, she suffers from low base damage, low HP pool couple with low dodge chance at lower levels, and Lethal Strike not dealing as much damage nor kill as effective as it should be. I changed that: increasing Shadow Dodge's chance at low tiers allow her Hero Points to be spent elsewhere more profitable without much loss in her swiftness and kiting capability; up Lethal Strike's damage and make it ignore armor enable better assassinations and down the threat of heavily armored foes. A second damaging skill with similar cooldown further raise Mirage's burst potential - up to 600 True Damage in one swift moment, a hefty amount for a KRF hero(ine), though suitable to complement her fragility. To improve her base damage, I add a critical chance, instead of a straight out increase, so she is still luck-based, but the chance is high enough to make the critical damage impactful, especially versus heavy armor.

By giving Mirage more damage - True Damage - in her arsenal, her playstyle shifted from taking on unarmored foes to bashing armored ones. Since armored foes are a common and irritating threat in KRF, her new role should be much more useful on the battlefield than before.
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:05 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:I want to reply to you, Ruby Hex, but my time is limited and I wish to post one of my own idea first. Let's wait for someone to respond to both of us.

Yes, I shall be awaiting critiques! ;)
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by tmn loveblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:23 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:I want to reply to you, Ruby Hex, but my time is limited and I wish to post one of my own idea first. Let's wait for someone to respond to both of us.

I think that Reaper Lillith is not much stronger than the current Lilith, embodying a very similar playstyle while not as emphasize on risk-vs-reward as regular Lilith, due to Resurrection's change. Infernal Wheel is now much better, dealing more damage and potentially lasting longer as well. Reaper's Harvest and Soul Eater both do not change much, though I prefer regular Reaper's Harvest more since it is easier to aim, being similar to a melee strike, so I could aim at, say, a Bandersnatch with 500 HP left than a nearby Satyr Hoplite at full health. Reaper Lilith's Hero Spell seems to be much weaker in terms of damage, but is stronger when used against weak enemies, since it provides good blockage for a while. Versus powerful enemies, this Hero Spell is inferior to the regular one in every way: dealing less damage, and spawn a bunch of weaklings that can barely hold a few Twilight Harassers. Unless the cooldown is drastically reduced, to about 30s, this new Hero Spell is less useful overall.

I suggest increasing Resurrection's chance by a flat 30% on every tier, specify the number of meteors that Heavenly Chaos creates (make it high, about 30), and buff the fallen angels, giving them either total invulnerability or 300 HP and medium armor, balanced by their limited life span (5/6/7 seconds like right now seems fit), and a spawn chance upon each meteor landing (perhaps 50%). It would be good if they deal area damage too, so as to distinguish them from Prince Denas's men.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:25 am

tmn loveblue wrote:
Ruby_Hex wrote:

I think that Reaper Lillith is not much stronger than the current Lilith, embodying a very similar playstyle while not as emphasize on risk-vs-reward as regular Lilith, due to Resurrection's change. Infernal Wheel is now much better, dealing more damage and potentially lasting longer as well. Reaper's Harvest and Soul Eater both do not change much, though I prefer regular Reaper's Harvest more since it is easier to aim, being similar to a melee strike, so I could aim at, say, a Bandersnatch with 500 HP left than a nearby Satyr Hoplite at full health. Reaper Lilith's Hero Spell seems to be much weaker in terms of damage, but is stronger when used against weak enemies, since it provides good blockage for a while. Versus powerful enemies, this Hero Spell is inferior to the regular one in every way: dealing less damage, and spawn a bunch of weaklings that can barely hold a few Twilight Harassers. Unless the cooldown is drastically reduced, to about 30s, this new Hero Spell is less useful overall.

I suggest increasing Resurrection's chance by a flat 30% on every tier, specify the number of meteors that Heavenly Chaos creates (make it high, about 30), and buff the fallen angels, giving them either total invulnerability or 300 HP and medium armor, balanced by their limited life span (5/6/7 seconds like right now seems fit), and a spawn chance upon each meteor landing (perhaps 50%). It would be good if they deal area damage too, so as to distinguish them from Prince Denas's men.

Thanks for the critiques, I'll apply the changes soon!
User

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Okay, it should be changed now.
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Under Razor Leaf's tutelage, the OP has been updated with links to ALL of the individual posts containing heroes, which was far more than last time.

My treasured creations:
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:07 am

Bolverk by Fenrir is well made. He is now better suited for solo fighting, with more block power and utility with the stun, though he is still vulnerable to Dark Spitters and all that dark blood. I think he should also have some form of healing, preferably damage-based to match his theme, so he could stand longer than the regular soldier and have the atmosphere of a ruthless Varl, a survivor ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Time for a giant post! ;)

Ruby_Hex wrote:Okay, I'm no master of balancing heroes or anything (far from it, actually...) but I'll try my hand at Lilith seeing as how many people seem to think that she is UP.
All stats are listed at max level.
Name: Infernal Reaper Lilith
Appearance: Lilith looks the same as she currently does with a few small tweaks that I personally think would make her design that much cooler. Infernal Reaper Lilith now has larger wings and a scythe that's more like this version of Lilith's scythe: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomrushtd/images/1/1b/AHIB_Concept_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150327210424
HP: 420
Regeneration: 42
Damage: 22 - 33 (medium attack speed.)
Ranged damage: 15-21 (has a 40% chance to do true damage, slow attack speed.)
Armor: Medium
Re-spawn: 18 seconds

It's good that you buffed her damage, but I think her melee and ranged damage should be the same. This series has a habit of only displaying one damage type, so having them both be the same would make life easier. Plus, a hidden chance for True Damage feels excessive. I never cared for her ranged attack anyways, especially since Soul Eater only effects her melee damage.

Skills:
Reapers Harvest: (active) (3/3/3 hero points) Lilith deals 140 / 240 / 340 true damage to an enemy with a 15% / 25% / 35% percent chance to perform an insta-kill. When Lilith uses this attack she teleports to the one enemy with the most health out of all the enemies that are near her, stunning the enemy that she was fighting prior to using this ability, provided that she was in fact fighting another enemy and this enemy was not the one with the most health. The enemy that she teleports away from in order to attack gets stunned for about 1.2 seconds which is also as long as the attack takes to complete. She teleports in a flash of golden light and when she reaches the enemy she slashes at it immediately.

Hey! Slow down! :o

I thought this skill was already fine, personally. It deals heavy damage to a single target and has a chance (which is not impossible like Kahz's Blood Axe) to instantly kill. I prefer being able to choose which enemy to hit with it rather than letting the game pick for me. After all, sometimes I'd rather not hit the Twilight Golem and instead kill the Evoker behind it, healing it. It's more fun to be able to prioritize a target and choose it yourself. ;)

Soul Eater: (passive) (2/2/2 hero points) Lilith feasts on the soul of a nearby fallen enemy, receiving a damage enhancement of 75% for 4 / 6 / 8 seconds. Her attacks now have a 25% / 30% / 35% chance to deal true damage within this time frame. If she absorbs the soul of an enemy with 500 health or more she gains high armor during the time that her damage boost is in effect.

Well, you did change it. However, now it only lasts for 8 seconds, although the additional effects are insanely powerful. I took a lot of issue with this skill when she first came out not because it was UP, but because of its targeting, which hasn't been changed at all. Lilith's problem is that she steals the first soul in a large range around her, and which enemy is the first to die? The weakest one, with the lowest damage to offer Lilith. What this skill needs is some way of making it harder or impossible for weak enemies to fill the damage slot with their souls instead of the enemies that players want.

Infernal Wheel (active) (4/4/4 hero points) Lilith creates a ring of fire in front of her that lasts for 4 / 6 / 8 seconds, dealing 10 / 20 / 30 true damage per second to all enemies caught with it. If an enemy dies in the ring of fire, it lasts for 1 more second.

That's a really cool bonus that you've added! This would make it a really good AOE skill for clearing out weak enemies, as it would last longer as more die, allowing it to constantly clear a stream of enemies. The damage is rather low, though, and can't even slay a Gnoll in that extra second. I think a longer cooldown with much better damage would allow it to destroy an entire stream of enemies, which would be so cool! Especially since this would clear out weak enemies and make way for the strong ones, whom Lilith is stealing life from.

Resurrection: (passive) (1/1/1 hero points) Lilith has a 30% chance to revive immediately upon death with no abilities or regeneration. When she is in this state she does not have her scythe and is made entirely out of golden light. If she stays like this for 15 seconds without being killed, she then becomes normal Lilith again but with the amount of health that she had when she was a ghost and double her normal regeneration for 6 seconds.

This still has the same problem of the first skill. It's based on a low chance for her to revive. A skill like this should make players feel more comfortable sending her into danger because she can come back to life in case it's too much to handle. However, less than a 1/3 chance in KR tends to feel like a 1/10 chance. Maybe my luck is just really extreme, because any chance greater than 50 means that it always occurs in my experience. Regardless, there was a good suggestion some time ago for the chance to slowly increase up to 100%, resetting after each death (good idea, Zonoro). Her resurrection would thus become reliable and not something that can never happen nor influence her playstyle.

Heavenly Chaos (hero spell): (active) (4/4/4 hero points) Heavenly Chaos takes 30 seconds to recharge. Lilith calls down a rain of 6 / 7 / 8 fireballs from the sky that land on the ground and deal 950 / 1060 / 1170 magic damage distributed among the enemies caught with the blast. Where each fireball landed, a fallen angel has a 50% chance to emerge with 280 HP. They have medium armor, last for 5 / 6 / 7 seconds and have no magic resistance. They also heal as fast as Lilith and deal 15 - 30 damage on each hit. Lastly, they have medium attack speed and on each hit have a 40% chance to do area damage.

This skill is very OP now. Compare the DPS to the original ability and you'll see that. Also, Durax's Hero Spell already distributes damage equally, but, it takes longer to recharge, doesn't deal magic damage, and has a number that's easier to divide amongst enemies than 1,170. ;) I think the AOE on her skill was fine. The problem is that the random chance has two completely opposite effects. One is good against a cluster of enemies while the other deals the least excess damage when used on a powerful, durable opponent. What it needs is a 50/50 chance to do things that are both useful for the same purpose, whether that's crowd control, massive damage, or anything else you can think of. :)

This version changes her skills a lot and does make her stronger, but not any less frustrating to use. That's my biggest issue with Lilith: she's very good at doing all of the wrong things, like not healing in between ranged attacks because their animation is so long, not reviving because it's random and based on a low chance, stealing the souls of the weakest enemies, summoning the worse option for dealing damage when her hero spell is used, and overall just being unreliable to do anything right. I'm down for a luck-based hero, but both of these versions are not going to be fun luck-based heroes to use.
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:40 am

Thanks for the input. :D
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:08 am

Wow, such a large post :o

I think you're right about most, if not all of it, BBB. However, I do think that the new Heavenly Chaos, dealing less overall damage than before and distribute it equally rather than being plain AoE damage, is weaker damage-wise than its original version, while spawning units to make up for that reduction in damage. I assume that 1170 is the total damage of 8 meteors and not the damage of each one, or else it would be totally broken. About the other skills, Resurrection is weaker than it is before, because it has a low chance, when triggered it only reduce the death timer by 3 seconds, and apply a detrimental debuff to Lilith even if she is revived in this way: stripped her of all skills and healing. Lilith is not the best melee fighter, and she is not far from the worst, so such debuff would terribly affects her. Infernal Wheel is much, much better though, still require support to kill enemies but it can deal tons of damage giving the right scenario.
User

by tmn loveblue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:32 am

Time for another hero remake.

This time, it shall be Grawl "The Rock"

HP: 900 - now passively included Hard Rock III
Damage: 24-37 (unchange)
Armour: Medium (unchange)
Heal rate: 5% (unchange)
Respawn: 35 seconds :skull:

New passive: Rocks Don't Heal

Grawl only start healing after being idle for at least 5 seconds.

SKILLS

1. Rock Fury [passive]

Every time Grawl deals or receives damage equal to 1/3 his health within 3 seconds, he throws a huge boulder that stuns and deals 150/250/350 Physical Damage to its target and enemies nearby.

Rock Fury's damage does not stack towards following Rock Furies. There must be a gap of at least 3 seconds in between throws.

2. Stomp [20 seconds]

With more than 1/3 HP: Smashes the ground 4/6/8 times, dealing Physical Damage, slowing and stunning enemies.

With 1/3 HP or less: Smashes the ground, causing a rupture of sapphire in a large AoE that deals the same amount as True Damage and stuns enemies for 4/6/8 seconds.

3. Bastion [passive]

Gradually gains up to 6/12/18 bonus damage, and improves idle health regeneration by 33/66/100% while holding ground.

4. Shard Punch [12 seconds] (unchange)

Deals 60/120/180 True Damage with a 10%/20%/30% chance of instant kill if Grawl's health triples the target's.

5. Rock Solid [passive]

Grawl resists 15/30/45% damage from ranged attackers, double to 30/60/90% when below 1/3 health.

Stack additively with armor against projectiles that deal Physical Damage.

EXPECTED PLAYSTYLE CHANGES

Grawl has been the best tank in KRF, but he suffers from several weaknesses that hinder his tank ability: being focused down by ranged foes as he try to block melee enemies, and not healing fast enough while take very long to respawn.

I want to change Grawl so that he is a better tank, a more versatile one. His healing is changed so that he still does not heal as easily as other heroes, having to wait 5 seconds before he starts to heal. However, with Bastion, he heals twice as fast, so it takes at most 15 seconds to fully heal this monstrosity - therefore, the player would be more inclined to retreat him than to let him die when his HP is low. Grawl's damage output is drastically improved in a special way: through Rock Fury. Grawl now must actively trade health with enemies to get a chance to activate this skill. A single instantkill from Shard Punch, a well-placed Stomp, or a burst of damage from the Saurian Brute, is enough to activate the skill. With Rock Fury, Grawl can decimate whole groups of foes, but his single-target DPS is not as great as other heroes. Although, for such a tank, asking for more would just be greedy.

If you have read through this entry, please take your time to tell me what you think about this remake hero.
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

PreviousNext