Hey there! New CM

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Hey there! New CM

by Noell- » Thu May 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi! i'm making this post to introduce myself, I'm Lucia new Community Manager of Ironhide. :yey:
There's not much to tell about me, I'm just a random person who studied Communications and loves games AND GOT EXTREMELY LUCKY to be working here.
So if you got any questions for me I'll try my best to get back to you!

btw, I'm on the hunt for fan art so if you got any new ones (I've already seen a lot from here) don't be shy and post them.
ALSO we'll be giving some love to our Instagram account, I would be very happy if you follow us! https://www.instagram.com/ironhidegames/
Hall of Fame

Re: Hey there! New CM

by The Kingmaker » Thu May 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello!

So your name is Lucia? Is that what you'd like to be called? - Or is there a nickname! Is Noell the nickname?

You'll probably get many questions about Iron Marines, but I will leave those to others, instead:
How long have you been working for Ironhide?
Assuming you've played all the games, which is your favourite?
Do you have a favourite hero?

Besides all that: Welcome!
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Noell- » Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:How long have you been working for Ironhide?
Assuming you've played all the games, which is your favourite?
Do you have a favourite hero?

Thanks! My name is Lucia, but I don't really have a nickname, Noel is my gaming name so I thought it would fit well in here.
This is my first week actually, quite nervous but very excited to be here.
About the hero, I think my favourite one is Alleria, I'm a big fan of archers and she reminds me of some other less important archer (of course) with the same name. I'm really bad at strategy games actually. :skull:
Hall of Fame

by warbot1000 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 pm

:lol: Hello nice to meet you Noel. If you would prefer it if you were called Lucia feel free to tell us :) . I have been a part of the community for a long time and would recommend joining our discord if you want to meet a lot of the older forum members. Here's a link https://discord.gg/3Hses . What is your favourite game excluding the KR series? Also is there any cool iron marines stuff that all of us should know about?

Thanks for being the much needed link between Ironhide and the community. I hope we don't scare you off :lol: .

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Ninja » Thu May 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Welcome! As TaTs might say if he was still active as the CM, the main rule around here is to ignore the bodies in the basement. :veznan:

Do I have any questions? Hmmm ...

Do you know what 'floccinaucinihilipilification' is? It's a really cool word. :star:
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 am

Very nice to meet you, Noel!

Just to clarify, you're female, right?

And far more important: how much do you like pizza?
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 am

Hi our new CM and overlord!
How long have you played the KR series for?
What will be your avatar on the forums?
Why is Alleria your favorite Hero?
If you join our discord theres a section there all for art (but not necessarily fanart of this game) :P
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 am

Yeah join the discord, the last CM and several other devs are on our server, that's where the community is nowadays. It's pretty lit
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Juice Box » Fri May 05, 2017 12:24 pm

New community manager! Yayy! <3

Okay, first things first: hello! I'm Juice, resident token girl and I take pride in being 1) the only noticeable girl in this community, 2) the only noticeably good-looking person in this community, and 3) being a potently lethal combination of both. TaTs, the old community manager, used to honor this incredibly powerful mixture by treating me like the queenest of queens, forcing all other members to do the same, and brutally banning those who don't obey. I would appreciate so much if you would follow suit ^_^ .

Second, this place is actually pretty dead haha, you got here at a pretty bad time :/ . A bunch of the peeps who used to be active migrated over to Discord because it's ten times moar fun there, but even that's pretty dead :( . You're not going to hear much from these Forums, but we would still love to get to know moar about our new community manager! So if you ever wanna chat, most of us are over here on Discord :) .

But yeah, basically we really appreciate your arrival, even though you're technically just doing your job :D . TaTs's leaving left a pretty sad mark here, but we're more than happy to at least have a new community manager to take his place :) .
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello, Lucia, it's a pleasure to meet you. :D

You've come at a good time to potentially revive the activity of the forums. It was once perfectly lively, because there was enough activity to be engaged in several ways while also being subdued enough for me to keep track of it all. I attest that to the fact that most of us were quite young (ranging from 11 at the youngest to barely 20 at most - plus Razorleaf in his 30's) and mostly all early high school or middle school students. We had free time back then. I miss having free time. :(

Now that we're all older, a lot of the members are busier, with priorities that trump the forums. I constantly try to come back and revive big forum projects like Dragon Throne and some hero ideas for the game, but have to stop again due to school. I'll try to be somewhat active (as opposed to fully inactive) now that you're here, but the only thing I can guarantee is the ambiguoty of how active I'll be able to be. ;)

So, being so new here, how much do you know about Ironhide, Kingdom Rush, and the forums? Also, how often do you expect to be able to post and read posts on the forums? :)
BBB

by AerisDraco » Fri May 05, 2017 3:31 pm

'Ello
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Noell- » Fri May 05, 2017 3:37 pm

warbot1000 wrote:What is your favourite game excluding the KR series? Also is there any cool iron marines stuff that all of us should know about?

Thanks for being the much needed link between Ironhide and the community. I hope we don't scare you off :lol: .

Hii, of course you won't scare me off, I love gaming comunities that's one of the reasons I like my job so much, I love to talk to people.
I hope I can please all your Ironhide needs!
My favourite game besides KR is LoL, sounds pretty common I guess, but that game has brought a lot of friends and happy times for me so it has a special place in my heart.
You will have to wait a bit to see cool Iron Marines stuff, i'll promise i'll let you all know first.
Hall of Fame

by Noell- » Fri May 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Ninja wrote:Do you know what 'floccinaucinihilipilification' is? It's a really cool word. :star:

Please tell!
Hall of Fame

by Noell- » Fri May 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:Very nice to meet you, Noel!

Just to clarify, you're female, right?

And far more important: how much do you like pizza?

I am female yes, and i absolutely love pizza <3
Hall of Fame

by Noell- » Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:How long have you played the KR series for?
What will be your avatar on the forums?
Why is Alleria your favorite Hero?

Hmm, about how long i couldn't really say, it's been on and off for years. I must say I'm pretty terrible in strategy games but i try not to give up.
I don't know what my avatar will be. Do you have any recomendations?
I think it is because I really like archers. Sounds silly I know.
Hall of Fame

by Juice Box » Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Just look at that tripleposting, Ninja.

Triplepost from the mod, Ninja.

I wonder how that must make you feel, Ninja.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri May 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Wahey a new Community Manager! Looks like I'm late to the welcome party (which is understandable as I've spent the day drawing Pokemon and baking cookies (for unrelated reasons)) so there's not much more I can say, other than to repeat the 'Welcome's that have already been said. I look forward to working with you on the forums.

Also it's great to have another female presence on the forums to keep Juice Box' vanity in check.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

@Noell:

Floccinaucinihilipilification is the process (or habit) of deeming something or someone worthless. Its etymology (origin of the word) is somewhat interesting. It is a mashup of 4 semi-synonymous Latin roots (floccus, which means "wisp"; naucum, which is "a trifle"; nihilum, simply meaning "nothing"; and pilus, which translates as "a hair") plus "-fication." It is believed to have been coined by students at Eton College.

This is my favorite word because 1) it's fun to say/spell quickly, and 2) it has an interesting meaning/etymology. So, what's your favorite word (if you have one)?

@Juice Box:

*ominous twitch with psychopathic implications* :skull:
:hero:
User

by The_TaTs » Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi Lucia! Welcome!

Former CM here, writing from the Mental Asylum where I was institutionalized after dealing with this community of deranged, weird, banter-loving people.

I wish you all the best. There is a flamethrower in the broom closet for when things get too weird.

Also, every single word ever spoken by Juice Box is an utter lie. She is probably a big, fat, norwegian guy called Bjorn that works as a professional Surströmming smeller and loves every minute of it. <3
User

by Manijure » Wed May 10, 2017 3:39 am

The_TaTs wrote:Hi Lucia! Welcome!

Former CM here, writing from the Mental Asylum where I was institutionalized after dealing with this community of deranged, weird, banter-loving people.

I wish you all the best. There is a flamethrower in the broom closet for when things get too weird.

Also, every single word ever spoken by Juice Box is an utter lie. She is probably a big, fat, norwegian guy called Bjorn that works as a professional Surströmming smeller and loves every minute of it. <3

Poetry by TaTs.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

Next