Birthday Thread!

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Birthday Thread!

by Ninja » Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 am

Happy belated birthday to Anorak! :D
:hero:
User

by SealDarklight » Sun May 14, 2017 12:47 pm

12 days left till i get birthday :?
User

by Ninja » Sun May 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Happy birthday, Adit! :yey:
User

by Ninja » Wed May 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Happy birthday, Zonoro! I hope you're having a great day! :yey:
User

by Ninja » Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 am

:yey:
Happy birthday! How old are you now? :hero:
User

by SealDarklight » Fri May 26, 2017 5:05 am

Ninja wrote::yey:
Happy birthday! How old are you now? :hero:

18 years old. I'm not kidding
User

by Ninja » Fri May 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Cool! :star:
User

by nova_n » Mon May 29, 2017 5:11 am

the dicord seems mor active. let them know hbd on there. both of you have accounts right?
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Ninja » Mon May 29, 2017 3:35 pm

I know the Discord is more active, but I'd rather have the forums be more active than the Discord. I'm still clinging to the hope that this thread might bring back some wayward forumers for at least a little while. :lol:

I'm not saying that I don't want them to have a happy birthday, of course. If you want to give them happy birthday wishes on the Discord, then be my guest. :)
User

by PitNata » Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Ninja wrote:I know the Discord is more active, but I'd rather have the forums be more active than the Discord. I'm still clinging to the hope that this thread might bring back some wayward forumers for at least a little while. :lol:

I'm not saying that I don't want them to have a happy birthday, of course. If you want to give them happy birthday wishes on the Discord, then be my guest. :)

That's sad, Ninja. I would enjoy chatting with you. Well see ya when IM comes out....

Thank you for being patience,
PitNata
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by Ninja » Mon May 29, 2017 4:40 pm

PitNata wrote:That's sad, Ninja. I would enjoy chatting with you. Well see ya when IM comes out....

Yep. Hopefully, IM will breathe some needed life into these slumbering forums.

PitNata wrote:Thank you for being patience,
PitNata

:lol:
User

by PitNata » Mon May 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Ninja wrote:
PitNata wrote:That's sad, Ninja. I would enjoy chatting with you. Well see ya when IM comes out....

Yep. Hopefully, IM will breathe some needed life into these slumbering forums.

PitNata wrote:Thank you for being patience,
PitNata

:lol:

Now, you've just made a conservation in a forum. Yeah.

Why do you laugh? It's common forced-meme-in-a-forum.

Thank you for being rushless,
PitNata
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by Ninja » Mon May 29, 2017 5:08 pm

PitNata wrote:Now, you've just made a conservation in a forum. Yeah.

Why do you laugh? It's common forced-meme-in-a-forum.

Thank you for being rushless,
PitNata

It took me a bit to figure out that you meant "conversation" instead of "conservation." I was legitimately confused. :? :lol:
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon May 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Happy birthday to whoever's birthday it was!

In regards to the forums/discord debate: the issue is a viscious cycle, or a self-fullfilling prophecy, depending on how you look at it.
Quite simply, after two years of no physical updates from ironhide, there isn't an awful lot to discuss. Discord allows for faster and more informal conversation that either wouldn't have happened or would just clog up off-topic of it had occurred on the forums. Discord's more personal and faster nature lends better to some (not all) of the discussions that occur between the community memebers. I certainly feel closer to some of the others thanks to the personal discussions on the discord.

Should all of these discussions have occurred on the forums? No, as I said previously the forums wouldn't have a place for them beyond the dredges of off-topic.
Should some of these discussions have occurred on the forums instead? Yes, absolutely. But they occurred on the discord due to the wealth of regular users and feedback/discussion available.
Should new members to the forums use the forums? Yes, again of course, but they shouldn't be denied the option to join the discord if they so wish. A hypothetical (and rather fanciful) Expdus returning to the forums upon the release of Iron Marines might include these newer members if they joined the discord, instead of getting no response from the lukewarm cadaver of the forums.

I'm obviously complicit in all of this, but I have tried to use the discord to fling ideas out at people, rather than use highly singular PMs, which then coalesce into ideas here on the forums. However to be frank I don't know where to go with that considering the feedback (or lack thereof) to Zephyrine, both Eloras and the updates for Burden and Ainyl
That I tried to bring out in close succession to allow for... something. They got no feedback on discord or the forums and I honestly fail to see why I should make anything else.
Fan fiction discussion clearly isn't going to relindle the embers of the forums. I don't know what else will. Solid gameplay from a new game is a good bet, but it isn't surefire. I personally couldn't care less for Iron Marines - perhaps I am old and bitter but with how terrible anything in Origins after the main release was, combined with a total feeling of disenfranchisement with the Studios at large thanks to the loss of Tats the feeling just isn't there for me. If I didn't have the discord to fall back on I wouldn't check the forums anywhere near as often as I do. I don't check or reply as often as I'd like, but frankly I'd have left and not returned without the discord.

I'll be more than happy to post this in its own thread if it is unsuitable in this theead, and wish to state I have no wish to antagonise or start an argument. Just a friendly discussion.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ninja » Mon May 29, 2017 5:41 pm

I actually agree with you, Kingmaker. All I'm saying is that I wish that those discussions you mentioned that should be carried on in the forums would be carried on in the forums. I have nothing against Discord, I just wish the forums were more active.

BTW, I'm not ignoring your Fan Fiction posts (or anyone else's, for that matter). It's just that I'm currently writing a very in-depth review of Samurai Jack (since the final episode of the series aired a week ago), and I have multitudinous FF ideas that I'm fleshing out simultaneously.
User

Previous