CONTEST: Endless Level

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

CONTEST: Endless Level

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:38 pm

To battle! This contest requires you to create a new Endless level somewhere in an existing Kingdom Rush game. The level should not be a repeat of an existing Endless but can be anywhere else on the map with any other set of enemies.

Kingdom Rush - Kingdom Rush: Frontiers - Kingdom Rush: Origins

As an endless level, it should include several things. New enemies (as Endless levels are unlocked after sections of the campaign are finished, they often include enemies usually introduced in Elite levels), a Mini-Boss that spawns every 10 waves, a battle commander (Goblin Shaman, God King, et-al) and three enemy spells. All of these are required for the contest. As follows:

Level Form

Level Name:

Intro:

Environment:

Level Description: (include a picture of the layout if you wish)

Recurring Enemies: Your enemies should be from a specific group, such as Goblinoids, Jungle creatures, or Twilight Elves. Try not to mix them up too much.

Enemies (x3) and Mini-Boss

Name:
Appearance:

HP:
Damage:
Armour rating:
Magic resistance:
Speed:
Lives Taken:
Skills:

Additional Information:

Battle Commander

Name:
Appearance:

Intro Quote: What they say when the level starts

Taunts: Further taunts made through the battle. Minimum 2, maximum 8.

Additional Information:

Enemy Spells (x3)

Name:
Appearance:

Effect:

Legal Beagle
  • You have until 18th August to submit your entry (15 days).
  • All entries must be submitted to me via a Private Message.
  • I will accept edits and updates on your entries up until the closing date. Please resend the entire entry and I will use your most recent submission.
  • I need your entire entry in one PM. Sections sent separately will not be counted.
  • Please do not include and entire quote of my post in your PM, a direct link to my inbox is provided here.
  • Any questions, ask and I will do my best to answer.
  • Contests are open to all forum members, new or old.
Yes it's me

Re: CONTEST: Endless Level

by The Kingmaker » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Awesome stuff, I've got a couple of preliminary questions however...

Three entirely new enemies is a-ok - but still for enemies that have had an MC devoted to them? For example: Bandits had 2 enemies added in their MC, would we add 3 more thieving scoundrels or just 1 for a total of three?

Minibosses have had no abilities until Twilight Invasion, where Brutes have a passive damage buff to allies - are Miniboss abilities kosher? Only 1? Only a passive or can it be active?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:51 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Awesome stuff, I've got a couple of preliminary questions however...

Three entirely new enemies is a-ok - but still for enemies that have had an MC devoted to them? For example: Bandits had 2 enemies added in their MC, would we add 3 more thieving scoundrels or just 1 for a total of three?

Minibosses have had no abilities until Twilight Invasion, where Brutes have a passive damage buff to allies - are Miniboss abilities kosher? Only 1? Only a passive or can it be active?

Assume all the known enemies will be in the level, regular and elite, so make three of your own originals.

I didnt realise they had abilites, so yeah they're kosher. But only one.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm definitely participating in this one! After reading the last Endless Stage contest, I have been waiting for another one.
:hero:
User

by Ninja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:39 am

Wait, what if the environment used for the Endless Stage is not present in any level? Do we still have to use a preexisting enemy group? And if we do, how do we decide which enemy group to use?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:24 am

Ninja wrote:Wait, what if the environment used for the Endless Stage is not present in any level? Do we still have to use a preexisting enemy group? And if we do, how do we decide which enemy group to use?

You can make an nvironment as long as it's relativly similar or related to the enemy group you choose. Like how the Twilight city roads weren't anywhere else, but it had straight paths similar to the Royal Gardens. Does that make sense?
Yes it's me

by The Kingmaker » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:17 pm

What's the difference between Environment and Level Description?

I assume Location is the place on the map where the endless banner is, and any surrounding features.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:What's the difference between Environment and Level Description?

I assume Location is the place on the map where the endless banner is, and any surrounding features.

Environment would be like Ice, Forest, First City, etc.
Description is how many entrances, exits, etc. Plus a picture if ypu want.
Location is as you say, I put the maps in so you can decide where it would be placed of there are nsmed landmarks nearby
Yes it's me

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Fun! I'll try my hand at this!
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by nova_n » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:03 pm

I remember i did this in november of 2016!
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Ninja » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:05 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ninja wrote:Wait, what if the environment used for the Endless Stage is not present in any level? Do we still have to use a preexisting enemy group? And if we do, how do we decide which enemy group to use?

You can make an nvironment as long as it's relativly similar or related to the enemy group you choose. Like how the Twilight city roads weren't anywhere else, but it had straight paths similar to the Royal Gardens. Does that make sense?

OK, that makes sense.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Just a quick add to the rules. Please can entries follow the format as stated in the first post. That was all entries are presented the same
Yes it's me

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:03 am

Is one allowed to add something to the level such as a bonus hero?
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:Is one allowed to add something to the level such as a bonus hero?

There have never been bonus heroes on the previous Endless levels, so there won't be one here either.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Can we make achievements (level-specific ones, of course)? I ask this because I have 2 good ideas for them, and I don't want to see them go to waste.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Ninja wrote:Can we make achievements (level-specific ones, of course)? I ask this because I have 2 good ideas for them, and I don't want to see them go to waste.

Mmm, yes I suppose so, they wouldn't be out of place with the level. But I think two is enough, let's not go wild.
Yes it's me

by Ruby_Hex » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:58 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ruby_Hex wrote:Is one allowed to add something to the level such as a bonus hero?

There have never been bonus heroes on the previous Endless levels, so there won't be one here either.

How 'bout a level-specific tower?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:

How 'bout a level-specific tower?

Which existing Endless level has a level specific tower?
Yes it's me

by nova_n » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 pm

In valors rest there are magic tulips, i guess those count as pre built towers
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 pm

nova_n wrote:In valors rest there are magic tulips, i guess those count as pre built towers

Magic Blossoms are not affected by Phoenix' 'Ring of Fire' or by the Gnome Shops 'Horn of Heroism', both of which target Towers.

The contest is for an Endless level. That's the focus. There will be other contests for heroes and towers, stop trying to shoe horn everything into this contest.
Yes it's me

Next