CONTEST: Endless Level

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: CONTEST: Endless Level

by Ruby_Hex » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:20 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
nova_n wrote:In valors rest there are magic tulips, i guess those count as pre built towers

Magic Blossoms are not affected by Phoenix' 'Ring of Fire' or by the Gnome Shops 'Horn of Heroism', both of which target Towers.

The contest is for an Endless level. That's the focus. There will be other contests for heroes and towers, stop trying to shoe horn everything into this contest.

I wouldn't say it's "shoehorning"... More just wanting to add something to the level to make it different and interesting.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ruby_Hex » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:28 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Which existing Endless level has a level specific tower?

Um... None? I'm not sure why it matters. Although, I do understand that this contest is supposed to focus on the level itself.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:47 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:
nova_n wrote:In valors rest there are magic tulips, i guess those count as pre built towers

Magic Blossoms are not affected by Phoenix' 'Ring of Fire' or by the Gnome Shops 'Horn of Heroism', both of which target Towers.

The contest is for an Endless level. That's the focus. There will be other contests for heroes and towers, stop trying to shoe horn everything into this contest.

I wouldn't say it's "shoehorning"... More just wanting to add something to the level to make it different and interesting.

You are the only person to ask for big additions. Nobody else needs it to be "more interesting", and I don't see how over-complicating it is making it better. I've said you can add two Achievements. They are different

Ruby_Hex wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:Which existing Endless level has a level specific tower?

Um... None? I'm not sure why it matters. Although, I do understand that this contest is supposed to focus on the level itself.

I said there would be no hero because there hasn't been an Endless level with a hero in it. I didn't think I would need to repeat that for a tower when it was obviously going to have the same answer.

EDIT: Typos. I hate writing with an iphone :?
Yes it's me

by Ruby_Hex » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Huh. Okay, fair enough.
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 pm

I just submitted my entry. How many entries do you have so far, Razor?
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Magnus0 wrote:I just submitted my entry. How many entries do you have so far, Razor?

Three. I've yet to finish mine, and I have one that's waiting on being reformatted before it can be entered (hint, you know who you are)

Some great entries too looks like it'll be a good contest.
Yes it's me

by nova_n » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:52 am

I submitted mine :). Alright now time to see what people really think about my idea!
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:18 pm

there are still a few days left to submit entries. The contest won't start until AFTER the closing date of August 18th, so if there are any outstanding entries, you still have time if you are working on them or you wake at 1 am on the 18th with a brilliant idea that you have to write down, blurry eyed and sleep deprived with the intent of getting your ideas out there. It happens. You still have time, I live in a GMT zone and I have work that day until 9pm, so be lucky!

Anyway... three days left for final entries or edits. If you are editing, don't forget you need to send your entire entry again in one post, otherwise, the edit won't be accepted. In the meantime, I need to finish mine off. Sigh.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:05 am

Wait, shouldn't we put in the bounty for each enemy as well?
:hero:
User

by nova_n » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:39 am

How many people entered razor?
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Ninja wrote:Wait, shouldn't we put in the bounty for each enemy as well?

I'm not worrying about that now at this late stage. It won't do any harm to the contest by leaving them out. If it was an enemy contest, maybe, but it's the overall entry here that's important.

nova_n wrote:How many people entered razor?

The same amount as I stated before.
Yes it's me

by nova_n » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Lol sorry didn't see that. Razor, just checking, but you got mine right?Also may i add a title screen for my endless mode in a new PM, like a title screen that rising tides has, but for endless mode?
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:06 pm

nova_n wrote:Lol sorry didn't see that. Razor, just checking, but you got mine right?Also may i add a title screen for my endless mode in a new PM, like a title screen that rising tides has, but for endless mode?

There's no need to add more things that aren't necessary.
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm

One day left for edits and entries!
Yes it's me

Previous